Old January 13, 2000, 22:39   #31
Cotroneo
Warlord

Local Time: 05:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Well "Lord" about your idea.....just one thing i want to mention. We kind of have a secret organization that wants to protect humanity.....its called the Apex Council. I have been writing small parts here and there (usually with the Morgan warhouse...thingy on top)....and they are dedicated on protecting Humanity against itself and most importantly the incoming aliens. They are the only ones who know the true power/story of the aliens, and the danger they are to humanity. They have embarked on a quest to reengineer humanity, or make them stronger(mentally to) to fight this incoming horde. The "specimen" now known as Specter is the first one.

Perhaps you haven't gotten up to that in your reading...i think you said you started reading only this new years.(must have been a great party...lol)

well, i'm up for having another secret organization on planet...its definitely big enough place to have two. Just make sure you leave the fighting aliens up to me... ...acourse your welcome to fight...hopefully you get my drift.

whatever you do, just try to give your people/faction/secret-society a good history and we will all be happy.

Humble Cotroneo
Cotroneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2000, 09:14   #32
~LordLMP~

just to say, if you don't like calling me Lord, then try LMP.

Anyway, I am currently reading the fourth part. Yes i have read about Specter, but didn't knew yet what it was about really, until you told me. I thought it was some secret Morgan project.
So we can have a secret society whoes goal is to protect humanity from the aliens headquartered i think in Morgan territory. while we can have another secret society whoes goal is protecting humanity from itself who is secretly headquartered in Spartan territory. Also the society of mines have been created back on Earth, but have followed the escaping humanity to Planet.

------------------
-LordLMP
Old January 14, 2000, 15:51   #33
Jasonian
King

Local Time: 00:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Ok... hmm...

Well, I think I gotta say this: "No custom factions please!" and "No new factions please!"

If you can have this society be part of another faction, operating on it's own but still reporting to someone, then by all means go for it. But if you want to add a 16th faction into the mix... (12 humans + 2 aliens + 1 Planetmind + your guys = 16), I gotta draw the line.

Secret societies like the Apex Council are fine, becuase they can't really fight wars, have diplomacy, establish their own bases, etc. If that's similar to what you have in mind, then it's good. BUT, if you want to do the classic "break away and start my own colony" approach, I don't think so. 15 factions is already too many to follow, so we can't have new ones popping up left and right.

If that sounded redundant, it is because it was . Anyway, if you can work it out, email Paul and I a copy and we'll look it over (any other writers can get a copy from us by asking)

Happy posting!
- Jasonian
Jasonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2000, 00:25   #34
~LordLMP~

Na, don't want another customize faction anyway, would ruin the story and Alien Crossfire period. My secret society is secretly headquartered at the moment in Spartan territory, but still have operatives in various other factions. Also, would go way off their goal of saving humanity from itself and the sort in secret wouldn't it?
So the society of mines will be mostly only using probe teams. And my society would be to small for splitting off anyway, so depends mostly in hiding in bases already made by the factions. So if the society requires a military to get something done, they can maybe manipulate events to try and get some spartan military units or other military units from other factions somehow to do it or use other means, like framing like the Data Angels have done, but they won;t go as far of using Chemical weapons of course, would be against their goals.

Anyway, I am writing up like a intro for the secret society of mines. Sandiego will probebly have hints of the societies existences since they are mostly buzzing around in Spartan territory and Lal would know maybe that they had operatives from the society that were assigned on Unity, but no knowledge who they are and don't know if they are still around or something since he haven't received any contact from the Commander incharge of the operatives yet, liek the original plan was before the crisis in Unity and the death of Garland, Unity Mission leader.

------------------
-LordLMP