Old May 5, 2003, 23:58   #31
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 07:55
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Today, a NAA team will arrive at Stella Island to carry out a number of missions including touring the facilities and to make preliminary arrangements of formal meetings with regards to the technology transfer.
Old May 6, 2003, 06:45   #32
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

Local Time: 23:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Marijuanian Institute of Science and Technology (MIST) and the Marijuanian Interstellar Navy offers five vessels of the Challenger class to be assigned to the Apolyton Space Station. They will aid in the manufacture, construction, transportation and technological integration of this station, using elements of our own declassified technology.

MIST also offers to help any nation that is struggling with regards to its space program, to develop the ability to send men, heavy machines and material into space. We cannot share classified technology, nor at this stage can we share our matter replication technology, but with our help, most societies here can reach a stage where they can use this tool effectively, safely and peacefully. We hereby offer this help to all nations in Apolyton, with the reward of matter replication technology when we deem you to be ready.

The ships, MSS Marley, MSS Excelsior, MSS Lennon, MSS Socrates and MSS Marrakesh are currently docked with each other in a Lagrage orbit around Uranus, and as soon as the Apolyton Space Program agrees with our offer, the ships shall move into position in a geostationary orbit over Akiria (as we deem this nation most able to assist the space program, the with highest R&D budget in the region). Hopefully with mamphucker, we can eliminate this cost in good time.
Old May 6, 2003, 12:48   #33
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 15:55
Quote:
Originally posted by elijah
The Marijuanian Institute of Science and Technology (MIST) and the Marijuanian Interstellar Navy offers five vessels of the Challenger class to be assigned to the Apolyton Space Station. They will aid in the manufacture, construction, transportation and technological integration of this station, using elements of our own declassified technology.

MIST also offers to help any nation that is struggling with regards to its space program, to develop the ability to send men, heavy machines and material into space. We cannot share classified technology, nor at this stage can we share our matter replication technology, but with our help, most societies here can reach a stage where they can use this tool effectively, safely and peacefully. We hereby offer this help to all nations in Apolyton, with the reward of matter replication technology when we deem you to be ready.

The ships, MSS Marley, MSS Excelsior, MSS Lennon, MSS Socrates and MSS Marrakesh are currently docked with each other in a Lagrage orbit around Uranus, and as soon as the Apolyton Space Program agrees with our offer, the ships shall move into position in a geostationary orbit over Akiria (as we deem this nation most able to assist the space program, the with highest R&D budget in the region). Hopefully with mamphucker, we can eliminate this cost in good time.
ooc:
Just one thing to keep in mind. I know that you want to role play as a nation that has the tech to travel between stars, but the rest of us want to role play with current day technology, at least for me since I know a lot about it and is easier for me to write stuff based on that then try to come up with future techs.
Old May 6, 2003, 14:02   #34
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

I agree with Ceroo, however look at elijahs thread, he is trying to explain why it is possible on modern day Earth. I disagree, but he argues it.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 6, 2003, 14:09   #35
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

To Urban Ranger:
Do you have planes for the space station yet? If not we need to get the planes drawn up so we can begin planing of the actuall production of each part and the missions to get the station into orbit(one part at a time of course).
Old May 7, 2003, 00:24   #36
Urban Ranger
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack_www
To Urban Ranger:
Do you have planes for the space station yet? If not we need to get the planes drawn up so we can begin planing of the actuall production of each part and the missions to get the station into orbit(one part at a time of course).
Yes, the multi-national ASS team has already finalised on a plan for the space station. It is designed to be expandable later on by adding modules.
Old May 15, 2003, 01:07   #37
Urban Ranger
Deity

NAA is ready to dispatch a convoy to carry the HLS to Stella Island for a test launch.
Old May 16, 2003, 15:27   #38
Whaleboy
Prince

We would like to contribute a zero-G hydroponics section to the station, to investigate the possibility of hash production in space.

We are currently starting production of an extensive launch facility, utilising Marijuania's position just south of the Equator, favourable weather and geomagnetic stability creating superior launch capabilities.

We would also like to suggest the possibility of a sea-borne launch facility for space-vessels up to 80m in length, to maximise fuel efficiency due to position in orbit and less fuel required at low latitudes due to centrifugal force of the Earth's rotation.
Old May 17, 2003, 00:28   #39
Jack_www
King

USJ does not want any research done on illegal drugs(well illigeal in Jackson) done on the internation space station. This is a pace to sever as a steping stone into space and resreach to help mankind, not to devolope some super drug to get high on.
Old May 17, 2003, 00:31   #40
Jack_www
King

We would like to annouce that our shuttle fleet is now ready to help build the Apolyton spacestation and to conduct missions to support it.
Old May 17, 2003, 08:49   #41
Whaleboy
Prince

lol! who needs rockets when u can get high on hash! jk

Its ok, we retract the request, we'll conduct our own drugs research.
Old May 19, 2003, 17:25   #42
Whaleboy
Prince

Are there any more sections that need to be built for this station? We need projects to test our new space vessel contruction facility.
Old May 19, 2003, 23:12   #43
Urban Ranger
Deity

The ASS (haha, pun not intended) is designed to be expandable via a series of interlocking modules. There are a number of modules that can be built, including: power, living quarters, labs, production facilities, core (also generates power, but the important function is control and monitoring), and cargo storage. New modules can be designed to meet the locking standards.
Old May 19, 2003, 23:13   #44
Urban Ranger
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger
NAA is ready to dispatch a convoy to carry the HLS to Stella Island for a test launch.
Today the HLS test launch was successful.
Old May 19, 2003, 23:14   #45
Urban Ranger
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by elijah
We are currently starting production of an extensive launch facility, utilising Marijuania's position just south of the Equator, favourable weather and geomagnetic stability creating superior launch capabilities.

We would also like to suggest the possibility of a sea-borne launch facility for space-vessels up to 80m in length, to maximise fuel efficiency due to position in orbit and less fuel required at low latitudes due to centrifugal force of the Earth's rotation.
These are interesting ideas. The NAA will definite investigate the possibilities.
Old May 20, 2003, 02:06   #46
Whaleboy
Prince

Would the NAA like to collaborate with Marijuania on this project? We project that a small flotilla of 5 will serve the needs of the Apolyon spacefaring community in a satisfactory, although it may be preferable in the long term for all to have one.

We will begin construction of additional power and escape modules for the station. We are currently developing a new class of shuttle which will be able to aid the space station project.

We have two sensor modules for the station, for astrophysical work. The consist of powerful sensors for the entire EM band, as well as a power radar for interacting with incoming vessels, at a range of 0.2 AU. These are being launched today on a Marrakesh-class rocket, and will rendez-vous with the station shortley.
Old May 20, 2003, 22:48   #47
Urban Ranger
Deity

Oh good. The more the merrier

Today we'll be launching a core module, which consists of power supply in the form of a small fusion reactor, plus waste recycling facilities.
Old May 21, 2003, 06:47   #48
Whaleboy
Prince

Has the Apolyton Space Programme considered the possibility of placing weapons installations on the station. These could be for defensive purposes, should a hostile nation decide to engage this most high-profile of targets, or offensive, using the tactical advantage that very high altitude provides?

We have some experience with space-borne weapons systems, as we are integrating them with our new class of shuttles. These consist of guns, cannons and rockets of course.
Old May 25, 2003, 06:16   #49
Urban Ranger
Deity

We could use some defensive measures for sure.
Old May 25, 2003, 08:58   #50
Whaleboy
Prince

Marijuania will launch the weaponry modules immediately. These will also have a "canopy" armour system, for the station to engage in times of emergency. Also good for meteoroids.

The modules have rocket launchers, and 30mm/40mm rotary cannon turrets. The rocket launchers will be able to launch guided torpedoes (rockets) with 100Kg of TNT as standard, though can fire other ordinance.

They are being launched on the MSS Marley, the flagship of our group of Marley-class shuttles. It will rendez vous with the station shortly.
Old May 25, 2003, 15:54   #51
Jack_www
King

Jackson will begin construction on the other modules for the spacestation. We are constructing a science lab and crew quaters for the spacestation.
Old May 25, 2003, 16:15   #52
Whaleboy
Prince

We are investigating the possibility of a small auxilliary/escape spacecraft attached to the station. We are going to modify a Hastings-class high altitude fighter for this, as much of the pressurisation, high speed and atmospheric heating design work has already been done.

Such a craft will be useful for cargo/crew transfers between the station and Earth, as well as transfers between other vessels who cannot easily change orbits to rendez vous with the station. It also suppliments the escape capability of the station, allowing for higher crews on the station, thus greater productivity. It would also offer a resue capability to crews stranded on vessels that cannot re-enter Earth safely (such a feature could have saved the crew of the Columbia). It would also provide possible defense capablities, as a moving gun platform separate to the station.
Old May 25, 2003, 22:52   #53
Urban Ranger
Deity

The NAA is pleased to announced that the fusion reactor on board of the space station is operational. This small, 20GW generator, together with the solar panels, will provide ample power for the space station.
Old June 4, 2003, 01:26   #54
Urban Ranger
Deity

The Space Station is fully operational, with the first 5-member Nooslandian crew moving in for a 3-mouth stay.
Old June 4, 2003, 20:21   #55
Whaleboy
Prince

We can offer another 4 modules including crew quarters and a science lab, to increase the output of the now-operational station.

They are being launched on our second Marley-class shuttle, and will rendez-vous shortley. Our shuttle crew and the station crew will need to cooperate on this one
Old June 4, 2003, 22:29   #56
Urban Ranger
Deity

Scientists are pretty apathetic to politics most of the time.
Old June 5, 2003, 12:01   #57
Whaleboy
Prince

No I mean they will need to coordinate closely, hence my transfer of precise technical information and timing.
Old June 5, 2003, 23:54   #58
Urban Ranger
Deity

The crew will also test a remote control maintenance robot for doing work on the outside of the space station.