Old May 1, 2003, 11:26   #31
Elephant
Prince

Local Time: 18:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
We play by the rules as expressed: in ELCGs, all exploits EXCEPT caravan rehoming are allowed.

Agreed, black-clicking violates the spirit of the game, but then I've seen the AI make bee-lines for another civ that they should not have "known" was there (still in the black)...

HutFinder does nothing you could not do for yourself with a calculator and MapEditor.
Old May 1, 2003, 21:09   #32
SCG
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
King

Local Time: 18:56
Quote:
Originally posted by Elephant
We play by the rules as expressed: in ELCGs, all exploits EXCEPT caravan rehoming are allowed.

Agreed, black-clicking violates the spirit of the game, but then I've seen the AI make bee-lines for another civ that they should not have "known" was there (still in the black)...
I always wondered why they added the ability to black-click with one of the official patches...

When i first got here i was using civ II v1.07c and had no idea what black clicking was - because it wasn't possible in the earlier version
Old May 2, 2003, 03:32   #33
rjmatsleepers
Civilization II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 23:56
Quote:
Originally posted by Elephant
Agreed, although I wonder why we allow the airbase exploit - does anyone actually use it?

RJM at Sleepers
Old May 2, 2003, 10:27   #34
solo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 23:56
I think airbases become available too late in the game to be of any use in EL and OCC games.

Black clicking may seem to be out of the spirit of how the game should be played, but other exploits universally adopted and used by most players can be put in the same category. It all comes down to a matter of personal opinion as to whether using a certain ploy is "proper" or not.