Old April 19, 2003, 21:32   #1
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 18:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
NBA Playoffs thread:
What is this? No love for basketball in poly? Cant find a thread for basketball at all.

The Suns VS Spurs game was sweeet. (well at least the last 3 min I catched).
Old April 20, 2003, 01:29   #2
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 23:57
Re: NBA Playoffs thread:
Har har, this thread didn't get any replies.

Har har har!!!
Old April 20, 2003, 02:36   #3
Mr. Oobir
Warlord

Well, here's a reply.

Spurs vs. Suns: Exactly the type of game I'd imagine from these two teams. They say the regular season is irrelevant during the post-season, but the Suns tried to show otherwise. Intense playoff defense overdid the usual intense playoff offense. And, just like I thought, Tim Duncan choked during crunch time. Nice free throws, you soft oaf.

Indiana vs. Boston: Yeesh. I think Indiana is suffering the same problem as the pre-Phil Jackson Lakers - they have the talent, but their coach is not up to snuff. The Pacers had this one won, but they blew up. How could Isiah not have Reggie Miller shoot down the stretch? Why did Jermaine "I Choke Worse Than Tim Duncan" O'Neal have all those shots in the 4th quarter? Ron Artest's nearly-perfect game was wasted.

Oh, and the Pistons will sweep the Magic!
Old April 20, 2003, 03:23   #4
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Ugh, sorry, only college basketball. I might watch a couple of the championship games...I played way too much basketball when I was young and ruined my knees.
Old April 20, 2003, 08:38   #5
Canuck
Settler

Congrats to the Kings, their hard fought victory over the Jazz shows that they're coming to play this post-season.

Not such a huge surprise that the Suns won yesterday, after all, they took 3 of 4 from the Spurs in the regular season.
Old April 20, 2003, 15:15   #6
ormuzd
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameIron CiversApolyton UniversityC4DG The HordeC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Emperor

Local Time: 01:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
my favorites - the suns - are back in playoffs with a brilliant start. Tomorrow is nr.2
Old April 20, 2003, 21:25   #7
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 19:57
I can't believe the Wings' season ended before the Pistons'.
Old April 20, 2003, 21:30   #8
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Canuck
Congrats to the Kings, their hard fought victory over the Jazz shows that they're coming to play this post-season.

Not such a huge surprise that the Suns won yesterday, after all, they took 3 of 4 from the Spurs in the regular season.
yeah but the game was won by 1 point. and the shot was taken o.2 sec from the end of OT!!!!!

EXCITING GAME. Last 3 min I saw was constant back and forth scoring in a very tight and small lead.

Spurs had a chance to score 4 pts on the line before marbury shot that crazy 3. Im sure they are all hung up about those free throws right now.
Old April 20, 2003, 21:37   #9
yavoon
Warlord

couple thots.

1)the kings out talent the jazz by so much that its a testament to the amazing job utah has done to stay so close.
2)hahahah spurs blew game on the free throw line
3)Indiana is the underachieving team of the playoffs it seems, we'll see if they pull some respect back.
3)pistons rule! especially wallace, and they will come back. hopefully wallace will only get healthier.
Old April 21, 2003, 00:07   #10
Zero
King

Kings are gonna oust utah form the playoffs.. again. I just know it.
Will the Kings be able to boot lakers out of the playoffs if they encounter them? or will kings be a retard and lose to lakers like last time? onlny time will tell..
Old April 21, 2003, 03:48   #11
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Local Time: 15:57
Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
Dallas - Mark Cuban is the greatest owner in the history of professional sports. Dirk - 46 in game one . This year he learned to pass, maybe next year he'll learn how to play defense. Doesn't matter though 'cause they're still my favorite team.

I hate the Suns after ****ing Colangelo looted my team for crap. Cliff Robinson was traded for players that were ALL cut. However, I like the Spurs even less and I can't stand one more year of watching the Spurs cry when they get swept by the Lakers so I'm rooting for the Suns. David Robinson is the only person on the Spurs that's worth anything... and maybe Ginobli, but I still hate them.

Quote:
Nothing new here. Kings and Jazz met in the first round last year and the series was equally boring because Utah grinds every game to a crawl. It's really too bad the Kings and Mavs have to meet in the 2nd round because they are the 2 best teams to watch.

Poor Minnesota hahaha out again in the first round.

The Eastern conference doesn't really matter because they'll just lose in the finals, but I hope either Milwakee or Boston makes it out of the East.
Old April 24, 2003, 05:46   #12
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
bump

Dallas leads 2-0
Sacramento leads 2-0 duh
San Antonio could lose a few more to Phoenix and that would be good.
KG with 35 pts as the TWolves kill the Lakers in game 2. There still out in the first round though, haha.
No one cares about the Eastern Conference but TMac had 46 and the rest of his team could only get 31 combined
Old April 25, 2003, 03:22   #13
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

I guess I'm the only one who cares, but I'll bump again.

Minnesota vs. LA tonight was one of the worst officiated games EVER. Hey look, the Lakers missed a shot and there was NO CONTACT, lets call a foul on (insert your Minnesota player here). My favorite moment though was Shaq trying to intentionally miss a freethrow and banking it in . That was funny.
Old April 25, 2003, 03:58   #14
Sir Og
Prince

Local Time: 02:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Celtics lead 2-1

It was a team effort in game 3 instead of the usual Pearce, Walker combo.

I really hope they can reach the finals this year.
Old April 25, 2003, 04:11   #15
Daz
Prince

Quote:
My favorite moment though was Shaq trying to intentionally miss a freethrow and banking it in . That was funny.
Did he score by mistake?

I'd like SA or Dallas to get the rings....
Old April 25, 2003, 14:31   #16
Japher
Emperor

Haha, L.A. lost again!!!

Go Kings!
Old April 25, 2003, 14:56   #17
reismark
NationStatesApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 19:57
Quote:
Originally posted by BustaMike Minnesota vs. LA tonight was one of the worst officiated games EVER. Hey look, the Lakers missed a shot and there was NO CONTACT, lets call a foul on (insert your Minnesota player here). My favorite moment though was Shaq trying to intentionally miss a freethrow and banking it in . That was funny.
No surprise to me that the refs are trying to help out the Lakers again. After all, that's how they managed to "beat" the Kings... the refs committed Grand Theft Series in Game 6 by calling a ridiculous 30-something fouls against the Kings and ignoring everything bad the Lakers did.

I'll just make it further clear:

I hate the Lakers and wish them hardship and misery as they are destroyed and embarassed, whether Minnesota, San Antonio or Sacramento gets the honors.
Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)
Old April 25, 2003, 15:17   #18
Jac de Molay
Prince

I hope LA loses too. I want Dallas in the west

Detroit has a chance to win back home-court tonight. Hopefully if McGrady doesnt pull another 45 out of his ass, we can start putting this away.
"Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.
Old April 25, 2003, 15:23   #19
Japher
Emperor

Yeah, I stopped whining about the Refs when the Lakers beat the Kings last year. About the same time my hatred for all things Laker erupted...

I want a Laker vs. Kings series again this year just to seem them put Shaq in his place, and so we can give Kobe another tainted cheeseburger.

Sorry to all you Dallas fans. I think they are good and have really solid team. I just don't think they are mature enough to win it this year. They remind me of the Kings two, or even one year ago... The Mav's will get thiers.

On a side note:

Quote:
Dallas - Mark Cuban is the greatest owner in the history of professional sports.
Naw, one of the greatest. Maloof boys aren't bad either.
Old April 25, 2003, 15:27   #20
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Yep, yesterday I was reminded exactly why I hate the Lakers... because they win some key games on total bullshit calls.

Last year in Game 6 of Sac vs. LA, Fisher played the whole game by grabbing Mike Bibby's arm. It was never called even when a 5 year old could have made the call. And does anyone remember Kobe (though it wasn't on purpose) elbowing Doug Christie in the face to clear space for a three... but the refs missed that one.

Up until game 6 last year in the Western Conference finals the reffing was good, but after game 5 the Lakers *****ed to the officials that they weren't getting calls and we know what happened after that. This year when the reffing was just atrocious (and that game yesterday was worse than I've seen it before ever) somehow the TWolves managed to win anyway. Now the TWolves need to go ***** to the refs to do their freakin' jobs correctly so Minnesota can have a chance.
Old April 25, 2003, 15:36   #21
Japher
Emperor

Yeah, I think if we see a KINGS/lakers game this year we will see a lot of fights; and that would be kewl.

I want to see Vladi fall around Shaq.
Bibby take out Fisher
Christie take out Kobe (that little punk)
and every pounce Rick Fox... man, I really hate that guy for some reason.

The only player I like of (L)fakers is Horry, his name suks, but I think his skills are over shadowed by the two babies they have on their team.

Oh, yeah, who do you think would win: Adelman or Jackson? I think Jackson would because of his reach, but since Weber has been "assigned" to anyone yet I think he'd join in and kick his good for nothing, hall-of-fame, arse!

Anywho... I'll route for anyone going up against the lakers (obviously) so go T-WOLVES!!!

West is the best, the east teams suk
Old April 25, 2003, 15:37   #22
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Quote:
Naw, one of the greatest.
Nope, he's the greatest.

Great Mark Cuban stuff (off the top of my head) -

Free Chalupa Night: if the Mavs break 100 at home everyone gets a free chalupa. This caused a fight with the Cavs a couple years ago because the Cavs felt the Mavs were running up the score (which they were but only to get the fans chalupas). Not only was this freakin' hysterical but Mark Cuban went running on to the floor ready to fight the Cavs team when stuff started.

Dairy Queen: Cuban was fined $250,000 for saying that (forgot his name) wasn't fit to manage a Dairy Queen much less ref a game (bringing his fine total to up around $800,000 IIRC). Later that month Cuban went to work managing a Dairy Queen for a day, and boy does he suck at making cones.

April Fools: Earlier this month Cuban staged a mock fight with a ref. They started pushing and then Cuban got tackled. Del Harris (assistant coach) looked like he was about to have a heart attack before scrub Evan Echermier told him it was a joke.

Cuban is great because he's willing to spend the money to win, and Cuban is the biggest Dallas fan there is. He's there, behind the bench every game rooting his team on, acting much more like a fan than an owner.
Old April 25, 2003, 15:40   #23
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Quote:
and every pounce Rick Fox... man, I really hate that guy for some reason.
Rick Fox is on my list of people to kill if I ever snap. He's right there with Fred Durst.
Old April 25, 2003, 15:43   #24
Jac de Molay
Prince

Rick Fox is quite easily the hairiest guy in the league.

Cromagnon boy needs a little laser surgery. I don't know what vanessa sees in that guy.
"Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.
Old April 25, 2003, 15:44   #25
Japher
Emperor

Quote:
Rick Fox is on my list of people to kill if I ever snap
the fact that you have a list is frightening

"Man am I glad I called that guy" - Adam Sandler, Billy Madison

If I had a list Rick fox would definitly be on it. I have no idea why, however, it's just that every time I see him I want to punch him. coolio

Same with Woody Allen... and Spike Lee

I don't have a problem with Fred Durst though, but I am sure I could develop one.

I also want to give a shout out to AI, who can jam like crazy for the little shmuck he is, and want to congratulate him on his stellar fan-base that requires him to dodge bullets.
Old April 25, 2003, 15:46   #26
Japher
Emperor

Quote:
Rick Fox is quite easily the hairiest guy in the league.
He's close to all the Slavs and Croats the Kings have on their team.
Old April 26, 2003, 01:35   #27
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Suns got slaughtered
Dallas wins again
Orlando beats Detroit like anything in the East matters
Old April 26, 2003, 01:41   #28
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Berzerker
Ugh, sorry, only college basketball. I might watch a couple of the championship games...I played way too much basketball when I was young and ruined my knees.
Hey Berzerker if your knees are messed up from tendonitis (jumpers knee) or just alot of scar tissue, check out Active Release. No surgery, it's all soft tissue manipulation.

Worked for me.

http://www.activerelease.com

Mis Novias
Old May 8, 2003, 11:32   #29
Japher
Emperor

Lakers lost again!!!

Go Spurs!!!

Go Kings!!!

Mwahahahaha

Just had to get it out in case they (the Lakers) turn this series around, but with George and Fox on the bench, and Shaq riding it, I doubt they will.

I love watch Phil Jackson whine about the Refs, it's about time the tables were turned.
Old May 8, 2003, 12:14   #30
yavoon
Warlord

haha orlando beats detroit my ass.