Old April 21, 2003, 06:31   #1
Ramboost
Settler

Local Time: 00:01
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Timeout in multiplayer LAN game
Hi, could anybody pleeease help me.

Me and a friend are playing a turnbased PTW 1.21f game in a LAN. We have reached the year 2013 and suddenly the end-turn takes extremely long time to finish. It takes so long, that the host timeout on waiting for the client. We have not experienced any problems at all with timeout prior to 2013. We have tried to load some saved games, and the end turns are no problem until we again reaches the end turn between 2012 and 2013. I have tried to uninstall and install the game again on both computers, but still the same problem. So my questions are:

1) Has anyone experienced this, and have a solution?
2) Is it poosible to change the timeout period on the host, to allow the client more time to respond?
3) (this question is not related to the problem) Is it possible to change the winning conditions in a game in progress? I forgot to uncheck the "Diplomatic victory" before we started the game, and just found out.

I hope someone could help me with this......we have more than 70 hours of fun in this game, so it would really be a shame to miss the end.

Ramboost
Old April 21, 2003, 08:54   #2
epics
Warlord

Local Time: 01:01
Maybe it just take so long to end the turn, maybe he has choosen "show enemy troop location" and that's why it takes so long. Or maybe someone achived victory and it's taking so long to count the score.
I new with this problem so just my ideas. Good luck with next games
Old April 21, 2003, 09:16   #3
Ramboost
Settler

Local Time: 00:01
It is definitely not because of a winning condition, because the host can play on when the client is timed out, and there is no message on victory for anyone.

It is not because of showing enemy moves, because nothing happens on the client computer screen, except an hour glass.

The turn is also long for the host to complete, but naturally the host does not time itself out;-)

Ramboost