Old April 21, 2003, 09:11   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 18:01
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Trappings of War: Volume I
The Trappings of War: Volume One
An UnOrthOdOx view of the GoW

[edit: typos killed: 5, added better subtitle]

The sun glowed a brilliant red just before peaking above the hills overlooking the massive vineyards that had become home to Imperia so long ago. It was an uncommonly warm morning for this time of year in the lands of Bob. Slowly the members gathered around to form a circle around a mighty blaze that always burned within the Great Hall.

I have always found it interesting in viewing the members as they gathered. It is always a sight to behold when so many proud warriors gather in one place. And it seems that they have an innate ability to feed on one another’s enthusiasm. I quietly pondered what new argument would erupt on this pleasant morning, and pulled out my parchment to be sure to log it all as soon as it happened.

GhengisFarb, as usual was presiding over the meeting this day. He began as always by passing around large flasks of that divine drink that we had all become so accustomed to over these many years. “Fellow warriors” he proclaimed loudly “It is an honor to call this meeting today to discuss the nature of our Empire.” Off to the side, Mad King Donegeal began to make some remarks, only to be silenced swiftly by a glaring look from the eyes of Panzer32. It was obvious that Panzer32 was anxious to get these proceedings started, and would allow no one to interrupt the business until it was over. Ghengis continued, “It is with great pleasure that I am now able to announce that the time has come for us to split up the governing of our great Nation. I hereby turn the floor to Panzer32 who has been hard at work devising ways for us to govern this ever growing land in a way that will allow us to continue to prosper, and give each of us a chance to gain from the jobs that other nations seek our employment on.”

As Panzer laid out the plan before us, each of us taking up a city, and building it as we saw fit, my mind began to wander, wondering what would become of our nation should Mad King Donegeal decide to carry out such insanity as he has become known for. In all seriousness I could see him turning his own units on his neighbor given half the opportunity and a thought it may gain him some minor amount of Gold. Panzer, it seems, had also thought of this, as he called for, instead, the creation of an official Consul of War to command our mighty armies.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	slide1.gif
Views:	96
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	43068  

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; April 21, 2003 at 10:22.
Old April 21, 2003, 09:12   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

My mind having wandered for so long as it was apt to do these days, I was only returned to the task at hand by a gentle nudge from Master Zen to my left. Not only had the plan been approved, but they were in the process of passing out cities to the members gathered herein. Wondering how long I had let my mind wander, and just how many of my fellow Kings had noticed, I now turned my attention to the large map that had been unfurled on a long table which I had not even notice being brought in. Only later did I learn that in addition to the CoW, there had also been appointed a new Consul of Foreign Affairs, and Consul of Internal Affairs.

Upon studying the map, I immediately knew I wanted nothing to do with the lands that were formerly in the hands of Lux. What purpose would there be to attempting to tame a local populace that abandoned the very thought of civilization at the first threat from outside? No, I wanted nothing to do with taming the local populace that still dotted those landscapes. I did chuckle softly to myself, though, upon seeing that the Mad one, Donegeal had accepted a city in the heart of this territory. Yes, this local populace was in good hands indeed. Donegeal would be sure to enlighten the cowards as to what a true warrior was all about. I almost had a twinge of regret for the poor wretches that crossed his path.

No, I turned my attention towards much more humble beginnings. A new settlement off the shores of Bob, on a tiny island, a new beginning, a new potential, Taipei. It was not until the long ride towards the port in Truffels that I learned my companion on this road, Master Zen, had been appointed as the new Consul of Foreign Affairs. We made good time, and had discussed our plans for the future, since he had claimed ownership of the sister city on our Island, Taiwan. I was left with a great anticipation of working together with Master Zen to create our little island into a paradise, which would become known worldwide. Upon arriving in Truffels, my first thought was to think we had taken a wrong turn along the way, but I soon realized that Panzer had been set up as King over Truffels…or what was once known as Truffels. It was now known as Trafalgar, and it was quite apparent that this was not the only change Panzer had in mind. By the looks of things, it would not take him long to whip this city into shape, either.

It was a surprisingly easy voyage across the narrow channel to our tiny island. Master Zen stood at the bow with a great grin upon his face and anticipation in his eyes as we neared his new home. We had but hit the shore when he had pounced from the bow of the ship and begun barking out orders, causing the locals to immediately begin working. I could see that he was indeed in his element here, and was once again reassured of my original feelings of confidence with regards to working together with him.

It seemed a much longer voyage from this point on. Having lost any companions of intelligent discussion, I was left with only my own thoughts to occupy me. I quietly pondered what could be occurring in that land so far off from here between the One, and the Storm. Rumors of war had come to our lands, but no REAL information ever truly materialized. It almost seemed this ‘war’ was one of words only. We would hear talk from both sides, but only talk. Rarely, if ever, was there reports of anything such as a casualty, or the capture or raiding of an enemy city.

As the galley rounded the cliffs, though, I was brought back to the task that lay before me with the first sight of my new home. Much work is there to be done. Let it be known, however, that the lands around Taipei will soon be changing for the better, and soon Master Zen and I will transform this island into a place for the world to marvel upon.

[edit: typos killed: 3]

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; April 21, 2003 at 10:04.
Old April 21, 2003, 09:36   #3
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 20:01
Great... makes me sound good!

can't wait for the rest
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old April 21, 2003, 10:07   #4
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Ok, all up now.

See what happens when I don't have a SPDG paper to write?

I start scrawling total nonsense...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; April 21, 2003 at 10:24.