Old April 21, 2003, 13:05   #1
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 20:02
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Havamal. The true Viking Party.
Vikings - you are invited to join the true Viking party.

The Havamal.

Based on the sayings of the High One - Odin.

"Be your friends true friend."
"Return gift for gift."
"Repay laughter with laughter again."
"But repay betrayal with treachery."

The Havamal Party is based on the Three Pillars of Enlightenment:

One - Faith in Odin

Two - Pursuit of Knowledge

Three - Exploration of Our World.

We are not opposed to war. In fact we embrace it as an integral part of who we are as Vikings. But it is a means to an end - the end being the three pillars. War for war's sake - as is proposed by less enlightened members of our society - will lead us away from the true path we should walk.

The Havamal is dedicated to scientific research, to exploration and expansion, to education of the people, and most importantly, the fulfilment of the people spiritually.

We are not religious extremists, although others may want to portray as such. We believe in a balanced existence, where Odin, knowledge, the earth, and the true Viking spirit all play a role.

And last but not least - we love our Viking long ships. They epitomize everything we stand for - knowledge, faith, and exploration of the world manifested in the most beautiful creation of man - the long ship. One day such ships will not be mere dreams, but will be reality, and an extension of the Viking and Havamal presence in this world.

So my friends - joing the Havamal party now. Become a true Viking!

(all members joining before the 24th of the month will receive a free Enya CD.)

HAVAMAL - CURRENT MEMBERSHIP

BetaHound
Civman200
General Tacticus
Aro
theViking
Jonny
panag
GhengisFarb
Vlad Antlerkov
BigFree

Last edited by Beta; April 29, 2003 at 22:43.
Old April 21, 2003, 13:12   #2
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:02
I think I will join. What is your position on what the new constitution should be like?

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old April 21, 2003, 13:14   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Which Enya CD?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old April 21, 2003, 13:18   #4
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Which Enya CD?
My favorite - Shepherd Moon.
Old April 21, 2003, 13:45   #5
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
I think I will join. What is your position on what the new constitution should be like?
I have posted some comments in that discussion thread. I don't think the new con is broken. It evolved to what it is today under the same game situation. Togas has propoed a review and tweaking committee which sounds good.

Also - we need names which are more appropriate to who we are - Chieftain, etc.
Old April 23, 2003, 21:41   #6
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:02
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I'll join too.
Old April 23, 2003, 23:39   #7
Beta
lifer
Deity

I also see the Havamal being the party to celebrate our Viking history, and having a responsibility to educate the less-informed members of the 'other' parties of our rich heritage. To this end - we will be sharing stories, and when we have discovered writing, maybe some articles, and later maybe even some books.

So - c'mon you Viking Apolytonians - or is it Apolytonian Vikings - join the party with brains, heart, and soul. Join the Havamal.

Let us be the ones to determine the proper course of this civilization's future!

Civman and GT - Welcome, sirs!!!
Old April 23, 2003, 23:46   #8
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 21:02
I'm in!
I'm almost sure that I'm in another party, too...
No problemo.
Old April 24, 2003, 04:03   #9
theViking
Civilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 10:02
I think I am in too, but you should spell it Håvamål
Old April 24, 2003, 06:48   #10
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by theViking
I think I am in too, but you should spell it Håvamål
I would if I knew how to.
Old April 24, 2003, 06:49   #11
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
I'm in!
I'm almost sure that I'm in another party, too...
No problemo.
Welcome, my friend. It is appropriate that the map maker would be part of the enlightened party - dedicated to exploration and knowledge.
Old April 24, 2003, 09:27   #12
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 21:02
Thanks, Beta!
Btw, nice avatar... Hagar is one of my favorites... (and very appropriate, too! )
Old April 25, 2003, 18:35   #13
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
Thanks, Beta!
Btw, nice avatar... Hagar is one of my favorites... (and very appropriate, too! )
Thanks Aro - the problem is I have this split personality..

Half the time, I need to be the Voxian Minister of DisInfor.... er .. I mean .. Information. And the other half of the time - the Viking - Beta the Bold - founder of the Havamal. You may see me bouncing back and forth. But then you can relate to that - I see Woody is back.

ps - and I want it to be known that I used al-Sahhaf before Poly did.
Old April 25, 2003, 23:08   #14
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 19:02
Count me in!
Old April 26, 2003, 10:35   #15
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 02:02
hi ,

, the DIA in its early form , sounds good

have a nice day
Old April 27, 2003, 22:56   #16
Beta
lifer
Deity

panag, Jonny, theViking, and Aro - welcome to the Havamal. In a few days we will need to crank up the recruiting drive, and start to lay down a platform.

And panag - the smiley is oh so perfect. Where did you get him?
Old April 28, 2003, 06:33   #17
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound
panag, Jonny, theViking, and Aro - welcome to the Havamal. In a few days we will need to crank up the recruiting drive, and start to lay down a platform.

And panag - the smiley is oh so perfect. Where did you get him?
hi ,

click on the repley with quote and you see the link each time for a smilie , ...

it took panag almost four hours , .....

here it is , [IMG] http://66.227.101.70/otn/happy/viking.gif remove this text and close the gap in order for it to work [/IMG]

have a nice viking day
Old April 28, 2003, 18:25   #18
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 19:02
Quote:
Here's my idea for a platform:

We should always do what's best for our civilization. That means war when it's better, and peace when it's better. We should always strive to maintain a lead in culture and technology. Always explore, always expand while there is land available. Keep the people happy.

In other words, we must always strive to make our civ better than all the rest in all aspects, including culture, tech, power, and happiness, among other factors.

Long live the Vikings!

OOC: This new high speed internet modem is so cool.
Old April 28, 2003, 18:30   #19
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

I'll join.
Old April 29, 2003, 07:39   #20
Beta
lifer
Deity

Welcome Ghengis - the ranks of the Havamal grow!
Old April 29, 2003, 13:00   #21
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

, ... , .....

, we could all use the viking smilie as a sign of membership , .....

have a nice day
Old April 29, 2003, 15:39   #22
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

I'm in. Granted, I'm more faithful to Tyr than to Odin, though this shouldn't cause any problems.

Last edited by Vlad Antlerkov; April 29, 2003 at 15:44.
Old April 29, 2003, 18:10   #23
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
I'm in. Granted, I'm more faithful to Tyr than to Odin, though this shouldn't cause any problems.
None whatsover. Welcome!
Old April 29, 2003, 18:16   #24
Beta
lifer
Deity

panag - not a bad idea to use the Viking smiley.

(I just have to figure out how to use it. )
Old April 29, 2003, 19:23   #25
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:02
Party?? Did someone say "Party!"

As in Party?

I'm there, count me in.
Old April 29, 2003, 22:38   #26
Beta
lifer
Deity

Woo hoo! Party on! Welcome BigFree!

Last edited by Beta; May 1, 2003 at 12:22.
Old May 1, 2003, 00:27   #27
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
panag - not a bad idea to use the Viking smiley.

(I just have to figure out how to use it. )
hi ,

see above , .....

or just click reply with quote , the paste and copy the [img] viking& everything in between the two "img's" [ / img / ]

have a nice day
Old May 1, 2003, 12:23   #28
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by panag

hi ,

see above , .....

or just click reply with quote , the paste and copy the [img] viking& everything in between the two "img's" [ / img / ]

have a nice day
Like this:
Old May 1, 2003, 14:35   #29
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

Like this:

hi ,

you got it

now , just click the reply with quote each time you want to "cut , copy , paste" a smilie , ....

save them in a blank email format or your poly notepad , ...

have a nice day