Old April 24, 2003, 14:35   #1
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 18:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
What do I do with the PTWDG forums in MZO??
Hey guys,

now that Poly is back up what should I do to the PTWDG forums on my site? I don't think you'll need them anymore, so I guess the safest thing to do is to delete them and the posts inside.

If you have anything important in there I guess it would be a good idea to start copying it into your private forums, I won't delete them right now, of course, sometime next week.

Suggestions, comments....

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old April 24, 2003, 15:24   #2
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 20:05
GS doesn't have anything in our forum at MZO that we need. It was mostly spam.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old April 24, 2003, 15:41   #3
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 02:05
Local Date: November 2, 2010
No change there then
Old April 24, 2003, 16:04   #4
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

I already copied the important RP posts here this morning.
Old April 24, 2003, 17:35   #5
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Lego has nothing of importance over there.
Old April 24, 2003, 18:53   #6
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

save them for a rainy day!!!!
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old April 24, 2003, 19:56   #7
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

As Trip has access to all of the forums here, we should apoint him to copy all of the turns orders from here to there (i.e. backup).... It will give him something to do.

Seriously, let's keep them around for a while and I suggest that the teams place vital info like e-mail addys and instructions for emergency incase poly goes down again.

E_T
Old April 24, 2003, 20:00   #8
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Excellent suggestion E_T!
Let's establish that from now on, MZ's forums will be the official backup for the PTWDG. I suggest that the team that holds the save when Apolyton goes down next time will get an extension of 12 hours, but no more.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old April 24, 2003, 21:51   #9
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:05
I think we should leave it as is, if that's ok with you MZ. We never know when we'll need MZO as a backup.
Old April 24, 2003, 22:47   #10
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

fine with me, I have no problems with it

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old April 25, 2003, 11:09   #11
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
Excellent suggestion E_T!
Let's establish that from now on, MZ's forums will be the official backup for the PTWDG. I suggest that the team that holds the save when Apolyton goes down next time will get an extension of 12 hours, but no more.
GoW held the save when Apoly went down and we didn't need no stinkin extra 12 hours.
Old April 25, 2003, 11:21   #12
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I absolutely agree. With official replacements ready, there should technically be little to no difficulties. However, some teams are less organized, or less centralized, than others.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old April 25, 2003, 13:36   #13
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

GoW held the save when Apoly went down and we didn't need no stinkin extra 12 hours.
Same goes for RP. Though if our organization and follow-through are reflected in the game, we'll get the reward of being the last two civs standing.
Old April 26, 2003, 03:05   #14
Dominae
BtS Tri-LeaguePtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Master Zen, your dedication to everyone here is exemplary: .

That said, Gathering Storm has no need for any of the info in our private forum in MZO. Do what you will with it (you could even make it public, just to show everyone what really happens in Gathering Storm!).

Dominae

P.S: Come to think of it, do not make the forum public: there may be some private data in there that I'm not recalling right now.
Old April 26, 2003, 06:48   #15
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Keeping MZO as a refugee camp is best, IMHO. Who knows what else happens to 'poly before this game ends... and now we have private fora there, there should be minimal delay.

DeepO
Old April 26, 2003, 14:05   #16
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Dominae
Master Zen, your dedication to everyone here is exemplary: .

That said, Gathering Storm has no need for any of the info in our private forum in MZO. Do what you will with it (you could even make it public, just to show everyone what really happens in Gathering Storm!).

Dominae

P.S: Come to think of it, do not make the forum public: there may be some private data in there that I'm not recalling right now.
Thanks Dom, it's always a pleasure serving the Civ3 Strategy and Demo Game community Keeping those forums in my site is no burden whatsoever.

That said, I will leave those forums as they are (password protected). So they do not clutter the space on the CSC forum I might make a new forum, kinda like an "Archives" forum and move them there. Should Poly crash again, I can move them back to the CSC forum faster than you can say SPAM.