Old April 29, 2003, 14:58   #31
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 00:07
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Can we use a Sheepsta/urbanised thread if you want to carry this arguement. And if you want to ignore someone, you don't need to say it, and clutter up this thread. Yes you didn't bomb it. Frankly, that is another RP, completely different to this one.

Please don't use Giovanni's tragic terrorism thread to argue about something we have had many many others threads on.

Giovanni: I will reply to your post later, I am expecting a report soon and would like to include the information held in that.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old April 29, 2003, 15:24   #32
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 16:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
To Wine:
We would like the plans for the nuclear warheads that were stolen, if we find it we want to make sure we can dissarm it. We have been checking ports for all ships that entered Jackson within the past 2 weeks, starting from the day that the nuclear weapons were stolen.
We have found some very interesting things.

On one ship that came to Jackson from Wine just after the nuclear weapons were stolen we found usuall levels of radiation on broad the ship. We are now in the process of checking up on all the containers that the ship brought to port and this will take some time.

This developement now makes us think that their is a nuclear weapon in the hands of terrorist floating around Jackson. Our millitary and navy are making sure to guard our coast and borders, to ensure the weapon does not leave here for somewhere else. Allthough we think they will set if off in Jackson, thus we request all aid that you can give in finding this weapon.
Old April 29, 2003, 15:49   #33
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 01:07
To: Jackson

We will send a RIAW Agent to Jackson to give your experts the plans of the bomb. Althought we trust you will keep that secret for yourself only and not sell it to anyone, as almost 85% of the Wine Nuclear Bombs are built according to that plan.

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old May 1, 2003, 09:06   #34
Giovanni Wine
King

OOC: The following report is giving false news, and it was only written to give Count Gabiadini, and the terrorists false news, therefore everything claimed in the report is false and never really happened.

IC:
RIAW Report
A - Classified, Top Secrest Clearance required.

After a RIAW Invenstigation in the town of Chardonnay, three Alecrast citizens, suspected of being members of the terrorist organization were captured, the three deny any involvment in the terrorist action in Lambrusco, but it is our belief that they are the ones who provided the explosives used to blow up the IDNA.

All three have great knowledges of explosives, and they confessed that they were working long time ago in the Lambrusco Explosives and Fireworks Corporation, from where were stolen the explosives used against the IDNA.

The three were identified by Mr. Giacomo Balzaretti, one of the guards working in the corporation, as the men that stabbed him the night the explosives were stolen. Mr. Balzaretti also confessed that due to the darkness he was not able to see them clearly, but he believe that those three Alecrast citizens were the ones.

-------------------

After reading the report, Count Gabiadini was much more reliefed, not only he was allowed back to read it, but he could also see that the RIAW was following a wrong path, and by the time they will be able to see the truth, he will be the new King of Wine.

On the other side, King Giovanni was glad that Count Gabiadini was not aware that they knew about his betrayal, but he still ignored the reason of it, was it because of money?... Was it because he wanted to start a nuclear war?... He surely did not suspect that he was doing all that only to take his position as King.

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
Old May 1, 2003, 09:35   #35
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

To Wine(secret):
It appears that the missing nuclear weapon is not in Jackson, and was only in our nation for a few days after the attack. We have were the bomb was sent too. We will send you all the information we have found as soon as we gather it all togather.
Old May 1, 2003, 09:55   #36
Giovanni Wine
King

To: Jackson

We will be waiting for your report (as well as the report of Drogue )
Old May 6, 2003, 17:23   #37
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

I am sorry for the delay. Deirdre was lost for some time, and has been unable to report to you. However, she has made some impressive discoveries. Akis working for her (now declassified her involvement) have traced the bombs to Athkala. We believe that Gabiadini and his brother or cousin (we are not sure the exact link yet) corroberated with Athkala Catholic plotters to take the weapons. We have recovered one, from the militant group, the CUC (Catholic Unification Co-operative) who we believe were planning to try to enforce Catholicism on Wine and all nearby nations. We have proof of Gabiadini's involvement, and can help convict him, if needs be. We believe Gabiadini to be a sympathiser, but not with direct involvement. He was reportedly promised much power for his help.

However, we have grim news about the other nuke. We have reports that it has been sold to the Athkalan government, who are not unknown to do such things (I have permission from my friend who runs Athkala to do this). They have paid a massive amount of money for it, but now Athkala has it in their labs, and have used it to help become a nuclear power, to aid their own research. I am sorry for this news, but we were unable to get the weapon before the government got it, and cannot take it off them, for fear of an international incident.

As such, one nuke is under Akirian control in Northwest Wine, ready to be dismantled, the other is in the hands of the Athkalan government. We do not know how far their nuclear program is along, but this will help them a lot.

I am sorry we could not do more. Let us hope that the Athkalan government are responsible with it. At least, as responsible as you can be with nuclear capability

Old May 6, 2003, 23:21   #38
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 10:07
The government of Unified Sheepsta from the new capital of Chopsu would like to have the custody of the three Alecrsatian agents discovered in Wine. It is suspected that they are responsiblke for a reign of terror during the fall of the Holy Empire in the city of Fort Jesus.
Old May 7, 2003, 15:06   #39
Giovanni Wine
King

RAW1 News Broadcast (OOC: The press was not told all the truth)
(Raw = radiotelevision wine 1)
Parapapapppapapapapapapaaaaaaaaaapapapam

Welcome to TG1 news. Very shocking news from the capital city of Nebbiolo, today the military have arrested the head of the Wine Nuclear Power Research Program, count Gabiadini, he was accused of high treason, cospiracy and illegal selling of nuclear weapons.

It has been revealed only today to the press that some weeks ago one nuclear warhead of [/b]0.5 kilotons[/b] were stolen from the Nuclear arsenal of the Kingdom, after investigations the bomb was founded in some unknown location in the Northwest of Wine, and immediatly dismantled.

Count Gabiadini is believed to be a member of said organization, and he has used his position to illegally obtein and sell the little warhead to the terrorists.

Count Gabiadini was arrested this morning at 5:40 AM by the military police, and is now in the high security prison of Ferrante Aporti in Barolo, where he is waiting for his trial to begin.

But let's hear more from our reporters in Nebbiolo, do you have any news for us Mariella?

Camera shoots at Reporter Mariella Dori, who is in front of the Barolo Court

Yes, count Gabiadini attorney has today declared that his client has nothing to do with any terrorist organization, and that this is just a persecution against his client, a conspiracy in order to replace him.

Count Gabiadini will have to come here tomorrow at 14:30 fir the first sit of the court.

Camera goes back to the main studio

Thanks Mariella, and now some commercials

------------

OOC: By the way, in the Kingdom of Wine we have a justice system similar to the RL Italian one, which means that someone is guilty until proved innocent (very different from the US one, where you are innocent until proved guilty)

Saluti

-----------

IC:
To: Sheepsta

We are sorry to report that we have not captured any Alecrast agents in Wine, we have captured some Alecrast criminals long time ago, but those were released after their innocence was proved by the arrest of Count Gabiadini

To: Zetaris

These are shocking news, especially considering that the Kingdom of Wine is tolerant with all religions, and have no official religions, but despite that our population is by 95% Catholic. An organization such as that might find some support in here, therefore we must be sure to take the other nuke as well, we are going to infiltrate some RIAW Agents in Athkala to see if they can manage to either destroy or take back the other nuke as well.
We deeply thank you for your help, without it probably Sicily would have been a nuclear wasteland by now.

Saluti
Old May 7, 2003, 15:35   #40
Drogue
staff

psst, Giovanni, look at the Athkalan court thread. There is a second bomb, it has it's own RP now It has been promised to be returned to Wine within 48 hours, preferably within 24, by the Athkalan government.

I hope this is ok.

Old May 7, 2003, 15:43   #41
Giovanni Wine
King

I know there is a second bomb Drogue, what I posted above was just the Wine news... and they know only of the existence of one very small bomb, that was already dismantled (they don't know that the bomb was actually not that small, and that there were two of them)
Old May 7, 2003, 15:55   #42
Drogue
staff

Sorry Just making sure...

Old May 21, 2003, 13:38   #43
Giovanni Wine
King

The Nebbiolo Time
The end of the Gabiadini case
After a 2 years long trial, Francesco Gabiadini, Count of Freisa, and head of the Wine Nuclear Program, was found guilty of the accuses of high treason and illegal selling of nuclear weapons, while was found innocent of the accuse of conspiracy.
The case had gone through all the steps of the Wine Justice system, jumping from the Barolo court of Assise to the Barolo Court of Appeal and lastly to the Wine Supreme Court, located in Nebbiolo.
In the end Count Gabiadini was inflicted a 35 years of works in the community camps under strict police control, plus his noble title was revoked.
After the sentence the Minster of Defence, Marquis Leone Tigrotti, has appointed the Duke Girolamo Protoni as the new head of the Wine Nuclear Program.

Reporter: Vincenzo Occulto

Saluti
Old May 21, 2003, 13:51   #44
Jack_www
King

To Wine:

We now have reason to believe that the nuclear weapon that was set off in our nation came from Athkala and was of the design of a Wine nuclear weapon. We also have reason to believe that Francesco Gabiadini just convicted of treason had something to do with this bomb.

We request your help in finding out who set off this bomb in our nation.
Old May 21, 2003, 14:20   #45
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

Marijuanian forces have been placed on high alert folling Jacks announcement, ready to come to his aid, should it be needed (which is unlikely because Jacks military kicks @rse). We are also readying all of our defensive forces, we do not want Athkala to attack again. Please note, only our defensive forces have been activated.

All Marijuanian forces will stay in Marijuanian territory, or that of our allies, them permitting of course. No proactive military action will be taken, or even prepared for, this is not a hostile act.
Old May 21, 2003, 17:56   #46
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack_www
We now have reason to believe that the nuclear weapon that was set off in our nation came from Athkala and was of the design of a Wine nuclear weapon. We also have reason to believe that Francesco Gabiadini just convicted of treason had something to do with this bomb.
I have been told that that bomb was not from Athkala. I am sorry if misleading information was leaked by Athkalan officials, but all Athkalan Nuclear Bombs are under constant protection, and no bomb has been allowed of the base in which it is located. All are accounted for.

Quote:
We request your help in finding out who set off this bomb in our nation.
Athkala states that it will help in anyway it can to find who perpetrated this.

Akiria states that it will authorise it's secret services to relay any information regarding this to the Jackson government.

Old May 21, 2003, 19:24   #47
Whaleboy
Prince

Athkala should be aware that we believe that there is a terrorist organisation out to frame it, possibly to spark off another conflict so soon after the previous unfortunate occurances. Two gunboats were intercepted and neutralised by a Marijuanian gunboats, those two captured had Athkalan markings, but were too far from home to actually be Athkalan. As such, we would like to work with Athkala to find those attempting to start another war. We believe the best way to prevent that outcome is to work together, presenting a unified front.

If you wish, we can ship you the two gunboats for your examination, the crews will be handed over to their countries of origin as soon as we determine that country, and the bombs have been dismantled and destroyed by Marijuanian Bomb Disposal.

All further intelligence about this terrorist threat will be shared with Athkala if that nations desires it.
Old May 21, 2003, 22:10   #48
Jack_www
King

To Athkala:
We have hard time believing what you say, as you have threaten to use nuclear weapons on us. The supects are most likely a group in Athkala that got acess to the plans of the wine bomb.

Even if you did not directly place the bomb, the stealing of that bomb from Wine may have started this whole mess and we will not forget that.
Old May 22, 2003, 07:45   #49
Drogue
staff

Quote:
We have hard time believing what you say, as you have threaten to use nuclear weapons on us.
Athkala did not directly threaten Jackson, but threatened all nations wishing to fight its forces after being threatened with nuclear attacks from Marijuania, who said they would use any means including nukes, to defend their nation.

Quote:
The supects are most likely a group in Athkala that got acess to the plans of the wine bomb.
Then you are probably mistaken, and Athkala would need to have evidence before it goes specifically hunting for such a group.

Quote:
Even if you did not directly place the bomb, the stealing of that bomb from Wine may have started this whole mess and we will not forget that.
How so? That bomb was returned, and the information gathered is under the control of the Athkalan Government.

Old May 22, 2003, 10:19   #50
Whaleboy
Prince

"after being threatened with nuclear attacks from Marijuania, who said they would use any means including nukes, to defend their nation"

*polite cough* Bygones?

To our knowledge, no-one knows who did it, we all seem to have the same evidence as each other here, we have narrowly averted an attack as well, so lets not jump to conclusions about who did it, Marijuania is still looking for who it suspects, but we still have an open mind until we see more evidence.
Old May 22, 2003, 15:44   #51
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by elijah
*polite cough* Bygones?
Of course, Athkala hold's no grudge. I was just answering Jackson's point that he was suggesting that Athkala was being very liberal with the use of nukes, which is not true. They have tight controls on them, but when threatened with them, will reply in kind.

Quote:
Originally posted by elijah
To our knowledge, no-one knows who did it, we all seem to have the same evidence as each other here, we have narrowly averted an attack as well, so lets not jump to conclusions about who did it, Marijuania is still looking for who it suspects, but we still have an open mind until we see more evidence.
Exactly.

Old May 22, 2003, 16:08   #52
Whaleboy
Prince

Please see our post on the other thread.

We have discovered what is possibly a band of sea-based terrorists, using modified fishing vessels as Q-ships and transport ships. Our navy has been sent to intercept and scan them. We shouldnt require assistance, we have sent a strong force. More info on the other thread.

If it is sea terrorists, then they may be being funded by business activities or maybe even various governments from across the globe, but we have no evidence for that yet.

We recommend the worlds navies to be on standby, if this threat does come from the oceans.