Old December 30, 1999, 21:34   #61
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 22:29
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Edgecrusher:

yes, got it. Look for a response tonight/ (sorry for the delay, I'm on a week's vacation and mostly in the author mode when not golfing, eating or sleeping)

Some e-maiols are easy to reply to as well - just attach a .zip file and it's dealt with. Your's needs a more reasoned reply

Googlie

Googlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 1999, 01:11   #62
Jasonian
King

Local Time: 00:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
So Miriam is alive, or that guard was being sarcastic. BUT, if she IS alive, perhaps someone could try one of those fun "release faction leader" probe team missions.

Why anyone would want Miriam free is a good question, but I think it would be rather interesting to have her back.
Jasonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 1999, 12:01   #63
Hydro
ACDG3 GaiansApolyton Storywriters' GuildSporePolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 05:29
Jasonian,

Some would argue that it is essential that Yang keep the Hunter Seeker Algorithm, if only to ensure that Miriam is NEVER released!

Hydro
Hydro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 1999, 12:52   #64
edgecrusher

**evil grin**
Old December 31, 1999, 22:42   #65
Bearcat
King

Does anyone read Crossfire Tales. Things have been going slowly. It seems like everyone is dead. Probably on vacation. But anyway, just wondering.
Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 1999, 22:44   #66
Captain Kirk

I'd like Miriam back. I might write for her. I like the Believers. So Free Miriam !

------------------
Damnit, Jim I'm a doctor not an animal psychologist
Captain Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1, 2000, 01:21   #67
Jasonian
King

Hey! We aren't dead! Well... at least my faction isn't. It seems that my faction doesn't have a real important part of the story right now, so I'm letting them sit and grow more powerful while the other guys post. I'll be sure to jump back in in good time.

And I completly forgot that Yang had the HSA! I guess it would be to hard to get rid of that AND free Miriam without making it look like that is your goal...

How about Zak? Spartans are holding him, right?
Old January 1, 2000, 01:37   #68
Hydro
King

Official Spartan Press Release: Sources high in the Spartan Junta deny that Dr.Prokhor Zakharov is being held at Sparta Command. All rumors that he has been incarcerated in a punishment sphere for 25 years are patently untrue. Such falsehoods undoubtedly originate as a propaganda ploy by The Human Hive or the URL (UoP Resistance League) terrorist group.

Off-the-Record Spartan comment: Zak screams nicely when properly stimulated.
Old January 1, 2000, 03:30   #69
Captain Kirk

(begging) Let me be the Believers ? Please, please, PLEASE ?
Old January 1, 2000, 11:06   #70
Hydro
King

Captain Kirk,

Before Miriam is freed a couple of things need to happen. First, Morgan or the Spartans need to take the HSA, which the Hive captured from the Morganites at Morgan Pharmaceuticals (now called Communal Conquest). Slats is currently in charge of this liberation, which will presumably be by the Spartans. Second, the Hive has changed their capital to their city Sea Hive. This sea city that is in a water body that is completely surrounded by land and is in the middle of Hive territory - a wonderful defensive position (it even has great mineral production thanks to a borehole and forests!). This means that someone, again presumably the Spartans, will have to capture one of the Hive land cities adjacent to this inland water body (already done: the Spartans have Drone Mound, captured a while ago) and build a cruiser/foil-mounded probe team. Or they could pull a Vel and use a former to raise the land and then walk in (hey! I like that!).

Also, our new probe master is edgecrusher. If you want to start plotting then talk to him!!

Hydro

P.S. - I noticed your log in date was 12-24-99. Have you had a chance to wade through all of the Spartan Chronicles? If you want or need to look through it then ask and Googlie can send you a text file. That way you won't have to wade through the 500 odd posts.
Old January 1, 2000, 16:19   #71
Slats
Warlord

Hydro,

My good friend, although I will get around to freeing Pharma (now Conquest) first I'm going to do something about The Hive.

It's the only land city left in that portion of the map so it needs dealing with... I've got just the thing...

Oh, and I'm not sure freeing Miriam will be such a good idea, although it has to be better than freeing Zak, imagine how many bases we'd lose (shudder)...

See ya,

Slats

See ya
Slats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1, 2000, 16:19   #72
Slats
Warlord

4th Wing aircraft destory double post!!!
[This message has been edited by Slats (edited January 01, 2000).]
Slats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2, 2000, 17:17   #73
Captain Kirk

Hey Hydro I think I know what's going on.

The Morganites, Spartans, ang Gaians ? are at war with the Hive.

Peacekeepers are at war with the Spartans (Deirdre thought the Fecundity Tower incident was Spartan incited and she got Lal to join her ).

Domai revolted and took a Hive and Morganite base with him.

The Consciousness is beggining to surface.

The Hive captured Morgan Bank and captured Morgan Jr. (put him in a sphere).

Miriam is in a Hive sphere and Zakharov is in a Spartan sphere.

For those fo you who say that freeing Miriam isn't a good idea. Hwo much worse than the Hive could she be ?

------------------
Damnit, Jim I'm a doctor not an animal psychologist
Old January 2, 2000, 18:06   #74
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Captain Kirk:

Good synopsis

There is a believer resistance movement (see some of Rynn's earlier posts re Kurt and Shauna.

We put the overrunning of the ex Believer bases (The Leaders Horde was the principal one) at about 20 years ago, and intended Miriam to be in custody, so a breakout by the resistance to free her is about time.

I'll do a word search for kurt and Shauna in the complete.doc, and send you the relevant posts, (save you slogging thru over 1000 pages !!)

Cheers,

Googlie
Old January 2, 2000, 19:57   #75
edgecrusher

hey, googlie, i haven't gotten your email yet... just wondering if you sent it or what. if you can, send it to "edgecrusher2k@hotmail.com"

thanks.
Old January 4, 2000, 03:57   #76
korn469
Emperor

hello everybody i appologize for my abrupt absense life got in the way of online:life however i will be popping back in from time to time...i haven't gotta read the Spartan chronicles in forever but i'm still glad it's going on...if i get the chance i will have to go back and read the entire thing...i must say that writing for the SC was a great experiance and if i ever get caught up i might start writing again...but i'm not sure if i will ever have the time to put into the SC that i think it deserves...if my half assness hurt it in anyway i'm sorry...and i must really appologize if to googlie if i left you and your characters hanging hanging, i'm very sorry...apprently my roommate goton my aim account and saw u on one night and i'm not sure if he was rude to you or not...well when i get a chance i will read up on the Spartan Chronicles

and most of all i just wanted to say to all of you!

korn469

ps happy new year!

pps was it just me or was Y2K a serious letdown?
[This message has been edited by korn469 (edited January 04, 2000).]
korn469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2000, 19:59   #77
Vi Vicdi
Prince

Local Time: 23:29
I haven't read enough of the Chronicles to know whether you got the Spartan government right or not, I was just interested in the debate I read here.

I would guess the Spartan Police State would involve things like curfews, ration stamps, travel restrictions, communications blackouts, power brownouts during peak times, and that sort of thing. Martial Law rather than Big Brother: a "commandeer-crazy" heavy-footprint [bootprint?] military which imposes itself a little too much on the civilian infrastructure.
Vi Vicdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2000, 01:30   #78
Argonaut
Prince

Hey, I've just finished reading all four pages of the SC (enjoyable but bloody long!) and now I'm interested in jumping in. Everyone's talking about a map of what's going on which I would be very interested in seeing. I kind of hoped to bring in my own faction that I've just finished designing for SMAC (I only just got SMAC [I'm ashamed it took me so long now that I've played it] and it's my first Custom Faction). I designed them as a sort of affiliate to the Spartans however I'm not sure how well they'd be recieved. Any comments?

------------------
Jason the Argonaut
"I like horses. Thank You."
-Daniel MacIvor
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2000, 16:14   #79
Argonaut
Prince

Oops
[This message has been edited by Argonaut (edited January 05, 2000).]
Old January 5, 2000, 16:15   #80
Argonaut
Prince

First I want to say thanks for your help Googlie. I had no idea there was so much more! I've got some more reading to do now before I jump in but I promise I'll be there soon.

My custom faction. The problem is they wouldn't stand a chance against the Spartans, and their motives would prevent them from doing so anyway. It's called the Youth League and they're a group opposed to the attrocities being commited in the war. The way I saw them getting started was with actual assistance by the Spartans and setting up a brand new base on the island North of the Great Fungal Wall (Thank you for the map). So I don't see them as being able to provide a threat to keep the Chronicles going.

However, isn't Zak being held in a punishment sphere in Spartan territoty? And might not Yang seek to free him in a last ditch attempt to save his faction. It seems to me that Yang is in a position desperate enough to try and speed up the UoP Resistance movement into a full scale rebellion. That could provide a serious threat to the Spartans right in the middle of their territory. Enough perhaps to prolong the war? Or what about poor little Morgan being forced to change sides for the safe return of his son? He doesn't seem like the he's devoted to his alliance with Sparta, and him changing sides to join the Hive and a UoP rebellion could really hurt Sparta seriously. Just some ideas.
Old January 5, 2000, 19:40   #81
Jasonian
King

Yang pacted with Zak? I love it!! That is SO cool! Of course, the two would have to be nice to each other, but Yang could always pull the whole "I got you out of that sphere, and THIS is how you repay me, by not giving me exactly what I want?!" move.

As a reader that can say he has read the ENTIRE SCs, I think that would be a good move for you guys at this time.

Although I can't really join, considering I have my drone stuff to worry about, I'm curious about how many writers you have at the moment. Is it enough to keep this wonderful story going on for a while still?
Old January 5, 2000, 19:50   #82
Googlie
Emperor

Jasonian:

Currently we have:

active

Hydro
Googlie
Slats
Edgecrusher

recently inactive, but picking up the quill again

Kinjiru
Korn469

waiting for the appropriate moment to leap in

Captain Kirk
Argonaut

Not heard from for some time

Tokek Belerang
Velociryx
Veracitas
Dcole78
Evil Knevil
Technophile
Kuruk
Timexwatch
Zakharov

and the discontinued

Rynn
Paula Forbes

And I love your suggestion of Yang stirring things up in Spartaland re the Yoops - that was one side effect he hoped from the nukes, and that's why Kurt, Angel and Angelica are in Fort soup right now

Googlie

Old January 6, 2000, 01:58   #83
Googlie
Emperor

Argonaut:

Congratulations,…….. but you’re less than half way there

That’s right. Look at the thread title… Spartan Chronicles Continued. Go back more than 10 days and find the original thread – seven pages long

No, don’t bother – I can e-mail you the zipped word.doc file of the whole thing. Plus the map originally drawn by Korn.

And welcome (in advance) to the authors’ team. There’s only Hydro, Slats and myself still writing, out of the original 14 authors.

We actually discussed recently whether we should wrap up the Chronicles with a decisive victory over yang, then gracefully bow out , or even have Santiago run for and get elected Planetary Leader.

Rationale:

Hive is about to be totally dismembered (unless yang discovers the Usurpers, and enters an unholy alliance with them vs all the other factions combined – that’d be interesting, especially if we gave the U’s some advanced weaponry 

Although Lal has declared vendetta against the Spartans (erroneously believed they were responsible for a nuke attack on a Hive base), he’d be no match for the Spartan juggernaut.

Deirdre won’t go to war against Santiago, altho she is growing stronger by the day.

Morgan is too weak at the moment.

The drones are too new and too small at present

The Cyborgs have just emerged with one base (Alpha Prime – used to be the spartan Delphi Training facility)

The Believers are still just a resistance movement, altho there are two ex-Believer bases that are now Hive

The UoP is still just a resistance movement, again though there are three (used to be five until Yang nuked two) ex Yoop bases in Sparta.

So unless we can make Sparta less powerful, they’ll roll over all opposition.

So, Argonaut, a splinter Sparta faction that took out, say five or six bases would be a good balancing move, unless you have givenm them superhuman powers or something. Maybe post here the faction profile?

And, Captain Kirk, a renescent Believers rising from the ashes of the Hive’s collapse would be useful (Bases of The Leader’s Horde and Fellowship City). And you are welcome to take over Shauna, Ron Silvermmane and kurt, all ex-Believers. Just let me know, and I’ll write a transition over to the bases in question.

And Edgecrusher - I was slowly gpoing to introduce the “birth” of the Cyborgs and their emergence from Fort Superiority, but your introduction of a reference to Aplha Prime forced my hand a bit, so I gave you Delphi as the base (right on the Sparta PK border). I’ll bow out of the Cyborgs now that you are on board, and take Wolfie/Stazi in another direction (maybe captured by the Usurpers….hhmmm )

If we introduce the Aliens – either U’s or C’s, I’d like to write re them to ensure a different plot line than the Crossfire Tales (I’m one of The_Progenitors troika) – actually the same characters might be neat – alternate universes on manifold Six…)

Anyway, welcome aboard one and all, and feel free to take this 1000 page tome in new directions and we’ll follow for the ride. If you have as much fun as we did acting and reacting to the plot shifts and characters it’ll be a blast.

Googlie
Old January 7, 2000, 05:27   #84
Googlie
Emperor

I've put the complete Chronicles (Books 1 - 4 as a single zipped .doc, and book 5 as a stand-alone zipped .doc)on my home page, together with the starting map for 2225.

To download, click on my homepage icon, above.

Other fiction will be added anon.

Googlie

[This message has been edited by Googlie (edited January 07, 2000).]
Old January 7, 2000, 08:05   #85
Aredhran
Prince

Local Time: 06:29
Googlie,

I wanted to download the document as I prefer to read off-line, but on your site I could only see some icons, with no linked files attached to them...

Aredhran
Aredhran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2000, 15:49   #86
Googlie
Emperor

Aredhran:

You're right.

I could read them from home when i clicked 'cos they were resident on my drive, but from a colleague's rig at work it's only an icon - I hadn't linked them to the files.

Can't do any editing (blocked at work from that site - RATS) until this evening at home, when i'll establish the link.

Sorry 'bout that.

Googlie
Old January 8, 2000, 01:25   #87
edgecrusher

xxxzzzzaaaappp.

[This message has been edited by edgecrusher (edited January 07, 2000).]
Old January 8, 2000, 01:29   #88
edgecrusher

googlie, first my apologies for forcing your hand with alpha prime, sometimes i get a good description going and have to run with it. as for wolfie and stazi, i'd rather not play with someone else's toys. you know them better than i do. as for the rest... i've kind of hit a dry spell, in my opinion my last post was substandard, but look for something this weekend, as i have a 12 hr shift at work... **evil grin** oh, and can i have a map, too?

------------------
"edgecrusher" Spartan Probe Team 'angelis'
Old January 8, 2000, 03:16   #89
Googlie
Emperor

Aredhran:

Got them working now (not the most elegant of solutions, but hey, there's a first time for everything.

By the time I put up The_Progenitor History for d/l'ing I expect it will be cleaned up a bit

Googlie
Old January 8, 2000, 14:06   #90
Aredhran
Prince

Local Time: 06:29
Thanks mate ! Downloading now
Aredhran is offline   Reply With Quote