Old May 20, 2000, 21:40   #151
Hydro
ACDG3 GaiansApolyton Storywriters' GuildSporePolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 05:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
LightSniper,

The Spartans conquered Social Engineering Den, although at the cost of 3 pens (Katie's pen, and 2 others that were seen by Margie as columns of smoke after the battle was over). That is a very high cost, and it will form the basis of why the Spartans can't quite finish off Yang. This twist solves two problems: why the Spartans don't simply roll over Yang, and the Axis' response to the growing concern over the Progenitors. After all, if the best can't beat them, then how is the rest of Humanity going to resist? The rising tide of the Usurpers will not be a happy time for the Axis.

For the SC maps, load them under Classic (not SMAX). The maps were originally made by Korn long before SMAX, and I suspect your problems will be solved by trying to run them under old SMAC. Load them as a Scenario, and then choose Play Scenario. That should do the trick (I just tried it myself and it worked fine).Good luck!

Also, good start on your new multi faction unit. We haven't seen much of the PKs, so digging into their culture will be fun. Powder blue uniforms? And I suppose they have power blue helmets, too ::shudder::. What a wild group they might have! PK powder blue (PK), Gaian green, Spartan gray, and foofy Morgan yellow. Maybe orange when Miriam gets going? They can call it the Rainbow Coalition (hehe!). Maybe the Progenitors will laugh themselves to death!

And I agree that Yang's attitude toward Zak is exactly like I picture Yang. He wants control, and if cruelty and lies are necessary, so be it! After all, the needs of the many outweigh the needs few, or the one (especially when they are Yang's needs). Dee will be unhappy that Zak is working on nasty resonance weapons. That and resonance armor will be a major problem for her.

Hydro
Hydro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2000, 22:03   #152
edgecrusher

... i posted about yang and zak?

------------------
i've become impossible
holding on to when
when everything seemed to matter more
the two of us
all used and beaten up
watching fate as it flows down the path we
have chose
Old May 21, 2000, 00:23   #153
Argonaut
Prince

Sorry everyone, I didn't mean to be away so long. I just got a new computer, and wouldn't you know it, my old one worked better! I've just been having problems connecting with the internet, but I'm hoping it's fixed now. The nice bonus is SMAC runs like a charm now
Googlie, I've decided to hold off on the Roze-Googlie-Stazi meeting until after you've done your Yalta Conference. I was thinking if she had the job, it might give Googlie extra sway in making Roze get Zak back. Sorry if you've been waiting for me.
Oh and Hydro, your writing is awesome! Don't be so self-critical. Besides, you know for sure that there are at least some of us reading the Chronicles, so your work is by no means in vain.

------------------
Jason the Argonaut
"I like horses. Thank You."
-Daniel MacIvor
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2000, 13:34   #154
LightSniper
Chieftain

I have a question for you Spartan guys.

I wanted to put a telepath from the Gaians into my multi faction unit.

Would she be considered a empath? or telepath?

she was a former worm trainer, and can now comunicate and so on with them. What would i call her?

apprecaite the help guys
LightSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2000, 18:26   #155
Argonaut
Prince

LightSniper: I would have called her a talent, because that seems to be the generic SMAC term. Of course, there is the Empath Guild and the Telepathic Matrix, so that kind of messes it up, doesn't it?
There is an Empath worker in the game, so maybe that would be best. Pretty much, you could call it whatever you wanted really. Sorry, I know that's not very helpful.

------------------
Jason the Argonaut
"I like horses. Thank You."
-Daniel MacIvor
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2000, 20:06   #156
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 22:29
Local Date: October 30, 2010
LS:

We have tended to use the words interchangeably in the Chronicles. We have tried to differentiate between the various 'gifts" such as mind control (Ashaandi, Sand, Kurt, Miles, Shauna and mind reading (Sarah, Ruth, Angelica) much the way the mindworm skills of Hypnotic trance and empath song differentiate (with soem crossing over, as the better adepts have such as Kurt and, through he and Shauna, Ruth.)

There are some latent genuine empaths (Artreus, who died, and his daughter, Catherine, but they are Spartans)

we have given all of the mindworm trainers some limited human mindreading skills to go with their strong MW skills

G.
Googlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2000, 21:47   #157
LightSniper
Chieftain

I guess ill choose to call her a empath... and if i can, i will avoid the word at all times.... thank god for shift-f7 .... youll understand when u try it on word 98.

anyways, thanks for the response. Google? are u still writing with us? or are u just taking a brake.

And what is the next city you guys were going to hit against the hive... i may want to get in on the action ... or not.
Old May 21, 2000, 23:41   #158
Hydro
ACDG3 GaiansApolyton Storywriters' GuildSporePolyCast Team
King

LightSniper,

Seat of Proper Thought is the next Hive target for the Spartans. However, the combined Spartan force (Lightning Strike armor, 469th elites, probe team detachments at frontline cities, and elements of the 4th Wing) in Hiveland just lost half their pens, so they have to think long and hard if they expend those forces and then leave themselves weakened against a Hive or Usurper counterstrike. Right now the Hive only has garrisons - everything else was lost to the blitz or the mindworm strike after Yang's planetbuster attacks. But Yang builds fast, and his remaining bases have lots of boreholes (and ecodamage!! Here mindworm-mindworm-mindworm!).

After stewing a bit Mel will strike in her next episode. However, we have to find out what happened to Nans, whose pen went down over Hive territory, now don't we?

Hydro
Hydro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2000, 20:07   #159
LightSniper
Chieftain

I appreciate the info Hydro.

Also, i just wanted to say im sorry for the less then great writing recently. For some reason i haven't been writing well... perhaps its my annoying english teacher's extra work.

Anyways, thanks for your time

LightSniper

------------------
Life is Awesome