Old April 27, 2003, 16:00   #1
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Local Time: 19:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Bush Address To United Nations
This is essentially why the U.N. in general, France and all Protestors suck.

Bush was elected, and you laughed at how he spoke.
9/11/01 occured, and some wondered why he said little.
In November, Bush addressed the U.N. , and many here laughed, and called him a "cowboy" .
But he said early on, "terrrorosm, wherever it's found".

Read from his address, and laugh now.

He told you what was going to be done, and hasn't waivered, nor has Tony Blair.

So read, and kiss my ass.

http://www.september11news.com/PresidentBushUN.htm

November 10, 2001
Excerpts include:

"We have a responsibility to deny any sanctuary, safe haven or transit to terrorists. Every
known terrorist camp must be shut down, its operators apprehended and evidence of their
arrest presented to the United Nations. We have a responsibility to deny weapons to terrorists
and to actively prevent private citizens from providing them.

These obligations are urgent, and they are binding on every nation with a place in this chamber.
Many governments are taking these obligations seriously, and my country appreciates it.

Yet, even beyond Resolution 1373, more is required and more is expected of our coalition against
terror.

We're asking for a comprehensive commitment to this fight.

We must unite in opposing all terrorists, not just some of them.

In this world, there are good causes and bad causes, and we may disagree on where that line is
drawn. Yet, there is no such thing as a good terrorist. No national aspiration, no remembered
wrong can ever justify the deliberate murder of the innocent. Any government that rejects this
principle, trying to pick and choose its terrorist friends, will know the consequences."

and

"And every nation must have avenues for the peaceful expression of opinion and dissent. When
these avenues are closed, the temptation to speak through violence grows."

and

"And finally, this struggle is a defining moment for the United Nations itself. And the world needs
its principled leadership. It undermines the credibility of this great institution, for example, when
the Commission on Human Rights offers seats to the world's most persistent violators of human
rights. The United Nations depends above all on its moral authority and that authority must be
preserved."

and

"We did not ask for this mission, yet there is honor in history's call. We have a chance to write
the story or our times, a story of courage defeating cruelty and light overcoming darkness.
This calling is worthy of any life and worthy of every nation.

So let us go forward, confident, determined and unafraid.

Thank you very much."

-----------------------------------------------

Again, let me ask, why have the "radical liberals" stopped laughing?
He put it right out there, easy to comprehend, and makes you look stupid.
Go laugh some more.

Old April 27, 2003, 16:02   #2
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 09:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
No, I'm still laughing at your feeble excuses for your country's despicable behaviour.
Old April 27, 2003, 16:04   #3
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

I',m laughing at yo for being stupid and not listening, and/or ignoring.

I'm laughing my ass off at you, for laughing.
Old April 27, 2003, 16:04   #4
Chris 62
Spanish CiversCivilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 20:18
I wonder when France and Russia will agree to lift the sanctions on Iraq, they were hot to do it with Saddam there, now, they want Mr MaGoo to go back and certify things.
Old April 27, 2003, 16:05   #5
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 02:18
I don't remember having ever laughed at Bush's adresses. I knew he was retarded enough to actually believe in his crap.
Old April 27, 2003, 16:09   #6
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 21:18
Agathon, you are a disgrace. Take your rhetoric elsewhere. You are so far left, you have left the people behind and spit in the faces of those who are trying to make the world safer. You also are gonna deserve a very good place on my ignore list for your arrogance along with Boddington and Speer.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old April 27, 2003, 16:09   #7
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by SlowwHand
I',m laughing at yo for being stupid and not listening, and/or ignoring.

I'm laughing my ass off at you, for laughing.
Well I'm laughing of my ass for you for laughing at me laughing.

Want to continue?
Old April 27, 2003, 16:09   #8
Felch
Civilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Hahahaha, we don't coddle dictators. We don't associate ourselves with Castro, the despot who recently cracked down on dissenters who wanted to have elections and freedom of speech.

THOSE DAMN REACTIONARIES!!!! CAN'T THEY SEE CASTRO PROTECTS THEM FROM THE EVIL AMERICANS??? WHY CAN'T THEY ACCEPT THAT FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY WILL ONLY HURT THEM???
Old April 27, 2003, 16:10   #9
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
Agathon, you are a disgrace. Take your rhetoric elsewhere. You are so far left, you have left the people behind and spit in the faces of those who are trying to make the world safer. You also are gonna deserve a very good place on my ignore list for your arrogance along with Boddington and Speer.
Fez. You are the sort of guy who supports Augusto Pinochet. And the sort of unthinking barbaric fascist that your country was supposed to have rid itself of. I guess they didn't do a good enough job.

Being on your ignore list is a badge of honour.
Old April 27, 2003, 16:10   #10
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 00:18
Re: Bush Address To United Nations
First off, at least the exerts (I dont want to click a link) of the speech make it sound too simplistic. From a writers point of view, it needs better flow.

Quote:
We must unite in opposing all terrorists, not just some of them.
Pak sarzameen shad bad!!! Kishwar-e Haseen shad bad!!!

Quote:
Yet, there is no such thing as a good terrorist.
Except when hes the enemy of my enemy

Quote:
trying to pick and choose its terrorist friends, will know the consequences."
Is Bush about to invade the United States?!

Quote:
"And every nation must have avenues for the peaceful expression of opinion and dissent. When
these avenues are closed, the temptation to speak through violence grows."
Such as when citizens can't protest without being shot at with wooden bullets?

Quote:
"And finally, this struggle is a defining moment for the United Nations itself. And the world needs
its principled leadership. It undermines the credibility of this great institution, for example, when
the Commission on Human Rights offers seats to the world's most persistent violators of human
rights. The United Nations depends above all on its moral authority and that authority must be
preserved."
Bush is HARDLY one to be critisizing the UN for being in bed with human rights violators.

Saudi Arabia, Israel, Pakistan.........

Quote:
a story of courage defeating cruelty

I love it when Bush talks about how the nations of the world need to oppose terror in its "entirety". Because it just makes the US look like fools

Quote:
Again, let me ask, why have the "radical liberals" stopped laughing?
Possibly because they dont want to see America go down the drains?

Quote:
and makes you look stupid.
First off, the writing is horrible. It's something I would expect from an eighth grader (Though in America, my expectations of 8th Grade may have to be lowered ) and from the standpoint of anazlying its contents, he's just being hypocritical and making a fool out of himself.

I would say that it makes you look stupid for even supporting him. Oops?

Quote:
Go laugh some more.
I love it when republicans feel so confident about something.......It just makes bursting their ego so much more enjoyable
Old April 27, 2003, 16:11   #11
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris 62
I wonder when France and Russia will agree to lift the sanctions on Iraq, they were hot to do it with Saddam there, now, they want Mr MaGoo to go back and certify things.
Actually, France has called for the end of sanctions.
Old April 27, 2003, 16:13   #12
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez

Fez, your so cute and cuddly when your angry
Old April 27, 2003, 16:13   #13
Spiffor

Tass, do you have a link by any chance ?
Old April 27, 2003, 16:13   #14
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

Spank em Georgie! Spank em gooood.

The Iron President! Unshakeable...

Reagan, the sequel.

terrorism.
Old April 27, 2003, 16:15   #15
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
Tass, do you have a link by any chance ?
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...atoday/5094402
Old April 27, 2003, 16:15   #16
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Agathon

Fez. You are the sort of guy who supports Augusto Pinochet. And the sort of unthinking barbaric fascist that your country was supposed to have rid itself of. I guess they didn't do a good enough job.
And you support Fidel Castro.. so? You need help.. you are delusional.

Quote:
Being on your ignore list is a badge of honour.
Get a clue.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old April 27, 2003, 16:15   #17
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Felch X
Hahahaha, we don't coddle dictators. We don't associate ourselves with Castro, the despot who recently cracked down on dissenters who wanted to have elections and freedom of speech.
It's more like recently cracked down on US sponsored dissenters who want to make Cuba into an American mudpatch. Given the fact that the US has waged a dirty war against Cuba for 40 years I'd suggest that Fidel is in the right here. The Cuban people are free - free of US influence. And that's a freedom worth having.

And gee wouldn't free elections and free speech US style be great. I mean, everyone wants their elections bought by corporations and FOX news is so wonderful.

And the United States is in no moral position to criticize the actions of any Latin American Government, given their record in the region. I'd take Fidel over Bush any day.

Oaf.
Old April 27, 2003, 16:15   #18
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

I wrote email to the organization that recruited th"Human Shields".

I asked them how stupid did their organization feel, now that "joiners" were returning, and telling of how their outlook was changed so dramatically.

Their response?
"We have no comment at this time".

Yeah. Screw you.
Old April 27, 2003, 16:17   #19
Chris 62
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
Actually, France has called for the end of sanctions.
In 1998.

In 2003, they called for a "modifacation", subject to consequent reports, committees, ect.

In other words, they aern't taking their hand out of Iraq's pocket just yet.
Old April 27, 2003, 16:18   #20
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez

And you support Fidel Castro.. so? You need help.. you are delusional.
And you can add Hugo Chavez while you're at it.

Another badge of honour.

Quote:
Get a clue.
Got more clues than you sonny jim, at least as far as I can tell from the quality of your posts, which display the wit of Pat Buchanan, the literacy of GWB and the ethics of Mussolini.
Old April 27, 2003, 16:19   #21
Spiffor

Quote:
The Cuban people are free - free of US influence. And that's a freedom worth having.
As much as I hate the American imperialism, I think this sentence is utterly and absolutely stupid. The Cuban people are mostly free of US influence, sure, but are bound with Castro's authoritarian regime. Free ? My ass
Old April 27, 2003, 16:21   #22
Giancarlo
King

Cuba right now is one of the most imprisioned countries in the world... so free my ass. Agathon, you really have been brainwashed.
Old April 27, 2003, 16:22   #23
Chris 62
Emperor

Quote:
It's more like recently cracked down on US sponsored dissenters who want to make Cuba into an American mudpatch. Given the fact that the US has waged a dirty war against Cuba for 40 years I'd suggest that Fidel is in the right here. The Cuban people are free - free of US influence. And that's a freedom worth having.

And gee wouldn't free elections and free speech US style be great. I mean, everyone wants their elections bought by corporations and FOX news is so wonderful.

And the United States is in no moral position to criticize the actions of any Latin American Government, given their record in the region. I'd take Fidel over Bush any day.

Oaf.
People like you allow murderers to proliferate throughout the world.

YOU would pick Castro....HA HA HA HA

Quote:
Cuba’s traditional supporters among the strongest critics of island’s crackdown
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Carlos Fuentes called Cuba a “suffocating dictatorship.” Jose Saramago said Fidel Castro “cheated his dreams.”

Shocked at Cuba’s recent crackdown on dissent, many leftist intellectuals and authors find themselves criticizing a government they spent years applauding.

The backlash appears to have caught Cuba off guard and forced officials to defend themselves against not only their foes — but also their longtime friends.

For years, the communist government appeared to be relaxing its tough stance toward critics. Encouraged, even Republican U.S. lawmakers were calling to lift more than four decades of U.S. imposed sanctions.

But that changed earlier this month, when Cuba ordered a firing squad to execute three men accused of terrorism in the unsuccessful hijacking of a ferry full of passengers. The men were trying to get to the United States.

Days before, Cuba sentenced 75 dissidents, many of them independent journalists or directors of independent libraries, to prison terms of up to 28 years. Cuba accused them of working with U.S. diplomats to undermine Castro’s government — a charge the dissidents and the State Department have denied.
The crackdown was condemned around the globe.

Sweden warned the actions could harm Cuba’s prospects for a better relationship with the European Union, while Canada and Italy sent letters of protest to Castro.

But some of the strongest criticism came from Cuba’s supporters, who have stuck by the government’s 44-year rule despite complaints about its human rights record.

“Must they learn the bad habits of the enemy they are fighting?” wrote Uruguayan author Eduardo Galeano, who once praised Castro as a “symbol of national dignity.”

“The death penalty is never justified, no matter where it is applied.”

Fuentes, a Mexican novelist and longtime Cuba supporter, was even more disillusioned. He lumped Bush and Castro together and declared himself against both. Castro, he said, needs “his American enemy to justify his own failings.”

“As a Mexican, I wish for my country neither the dictates of Washington on foreign policy, nor the Cuban example of a suffocating dictatorship,” he wrote in a letter published in Mexico City’s Reforma newspaper.

He wasn’t alone. Saramago, a Portuguese writer who won the 1998 Nobel Prize for literature and considered himself a close friend of Castro, said Cuba “has lost my confidence, damaged my hopes, cheated my dreams.”

Colombian Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez, who lives part-time in Cuba, has been silent on the issue. But his magazine, Cambio, published an article saying “few other repressive waves have left a government so isolated and rejected.”

The government responded by publishing rebukes in the Communist Party daily Granma.

In one letter published Saturday, a group of well-known Cuban intellectuals urged their colleagues to stop criticizing the island.
Entitled “Message from Havana to our friends in faraway places,” the letter said the recent statements by leftist intellectuals “are being used in the great campaign trying to isolate us and prepare the stage for military aggression by the United States against Cuba.”

Cuba made a similar assertion about several of its Latin American allies earlier this month, calling them U.S. “lackeys” after the nations backed an amendment calling for a U.N. rights monitor to visit the island.

Peru protested the comments by the Cuba’s U.N. delegate, and Nicaragua recalled its envoy from Cuba for consultations.
Still, Cuba has claimed some political victories recently.

The 53-member U.N. Human Rights Commission rejected a tougher amendment criticizing Cuba’s dissident crackdown.

Maryland also is sticking with plans to send the Pride of Baltimore II clipper ship to the island to promote the state’s seafood, poultry, pet food, cake mix, juices and spices. The ship is scheduled to arrive at the island on May 24.

But the Bush administration, unhappy about the Cuban action, is contemplating ways to make Castro’s government pay a price. It also has undercut embargo foes on Capitol Hill.

Fuentes warned it will be hard for Castro to bounce back.

The Cuban president, he said, is preparing “the way for his own exit from the world stage in a hail of flames.”
Notice, it's his SUPPORTERS who questioned him, and YOU just defended him!
Old April 27, 2003, 16:23   #24
Spiffor

Good link Tass.
Interesting to see that the US really doesn't want UN inspectors in Iraq. Does the US have something to hide ?
Old April 27, 2003, 16:24   #25
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Cuba. I know. I read Cuba mentioned by the ACS Communist-wannabes, and it makes me want to wretch.

A SURE sign of ignorance compounded.
Old April 27, 2003, 16:25   #26
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris 62
In 2003, they called for a "modifacation", subject to consequent reports, committees, ect.
Read the link and weep, Chris.

They called for a SUSPENSION of the sanctions, and then once UN inspectors can verify it is free of WoMD, they call for an END to it

Look before you leap...........Think before you speak
Old April 27, 2003, 16:26   #27
Chris 62
Emperor

Tass, I realize that English is your second langague, but modifacation and suspention are the SAME thing, NEITHER mean ending it.

Nice try though.

You can remove your foot from your mouth at any time.
Old April 27, 2003, 16:28   #28
Q Classic
Emperor

dealing with iraq was easy enough. dealing with the other countries that harbor terrorism won't be.

are we, as americans, really prepared for that? i don't think so.

dealing with terrorism seems simple enough; bring the perpetrators to justice sounds noble enough. but can we hold an entire country to blame for creating terorrists? again, i don't think so.

in this modern world, things are a lot more grey than the black and white that the neocons all believe.
Old April 27, 2003, 16:28   #29
cinch
Warlord

Local Time: 17:18
Quote:
modifacation and suspention are the SAME thing
No, they aren't.
Old April 27, 2003, 16:30   #30
Chris 62
Emperor