Old May 9, 2003, 14:51   #61
EZRhino
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 17:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: Sunset and the evening star And one clear call for me.
Do you think it might be benificial to raze Narva, and then build a mine field on that square?

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!
Old May 9, 2003, 14:56   #62
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 20:21
Quote:
Originally posted by EZRhino
Do you think it might be benificial to raze Narva, and then build a mine field on that square?
I was thinking this same thing. Im wondering if the massive attack the Germans did destroyed the anti tank defenses? So if we attack the population eventually goes to zero.

But the Karl is in all probability in there and winter or no winter that is a tough unit to destroy!

So do you risk attack yet or not? I wish we had some Katy rockets in Leningrad right now!

Where is the Armaments Minister? I want to choke someone right now!
Old May 9, 2003, 14:57   #63
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 01:21
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I like the idea, I'll make an attempt during the winter months I think...
Old May 9, 2003, 14:59   #64
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

On the Karl issue, I am remembering something about the Karls actually not being the designated defender in a city stack.
Not sure where I got that from though.
Old May 9, 2003, 15:07   #65
EZRhino
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 17:21
Location: Sunset and the evening star And one clear call for me.
I tried it just now, the anti tank defences were destroyed. With only the left over units in Leningrad, I attacked, the karl never once defended, just Wehrmacht SG. However after the city wast destroyed, I was unable to destroy the stacked that remaind because there were Stukas in the city and there were no Polikarpovs within range.

Edit: the two t-26s were stuck outside with out movements points, but I was able to move the KV-1 back into Leningrad. I wonder if this is worth it, if for no other reason than to deny the Karl a place to heal.

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Last edited by EZRhino; May 9, 2003 at 15:14.
Old May 9, 2003, 15:25   #66
Henrik
Emperor

When winter comes...

Remember I have two KV1s now
Old May 9, 2003, 15:31   #67
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

WOW, thats great!

I was wondering that because with 20 plus units in Narva when it fell you can image the huge battle that went on.

SG after SG and Tank after tank. I was hoping that anti tank got knocked out. Yea!

This only proves once more that my ability to smell out and destroy the Facists is God Like!
Old May 9, 2003, 16:43   #68
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

the karl has movement zero at winter??
we have plenty of time to full the city with Katyushas
Old May 9, 2003, 16:53   #69
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaka Naldur
the karl has movement zero at winter??
we have plenty of time to full the city with Katyushas
Yes i may change that T-34 that is almost done in Sverdlosk to a Katyusha. (if it isn't already done this turn.)
Old May 9, 2003, 17:14   #70
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

yes, change it to Katyusha
Old May 9, 2003, 17:16   #71
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
yes, change it to Katyusha
Will you like what we are doing in the north then?
Old May 9, 2003, 17:25   #72
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

no, but it will help a little
is a democracy game and I'm giving my opinion, the ront comanders have to do what they think it best for his front
Old May 9, 2003, 17:42   #73
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:

no, but it will help a little
is a democracy game and I'm giving my opinion, the ront comanders have to do what they think it best for his front
No problem I agree, I was answering with my "game face" on. In r/l you are absoulutely right!
Old May 9, 2003, 17:44   #74
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 19:21
With Leningrad saved, does this mean we can re-open the Murmansk front with a counterattack?

Winter doesn't start for a turn, and we can bag some of the lake-stealing Finns.
Old May 9, 2003, 18:17   #75
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by obiwan18
With Leningrad saved, does this mean we can re-open the Murmansk front with a counterattack?

Winter doesn't start for a turn, and we can bag some of the lake-stealing Finns.
I think Yopov did what he could do on this front. It has been moving so fast I have to recheck his photo recon in his thread.

And dont get us wrong comrades where we can we will always strike out at the Facists!

Its just that right now, we cant do it everywhere. That however will change soon!

Last edited by conmcb25; May 9, 2003 at 19:37.
Old May 10, 2003, 17:08   #76
Henrik
Emperor

I have no idea how the Wermacht SG got into Tikhvin (paradrop?) but it has now been driven out of there.
Furthermore trough some KV1 and T26 raids what remained of the city of Narva has been turned to rubble.

A large contignent of troops remain in that area however due to their arial support.

Two German tanks and one Hummel was tracked down by our Cossack and Partisan Regiments and killed in the Swamps surrounding Narva.

One village near Novgorod has made a splendid contribution to the motehrland and put up an entire regiment of quality tank destroyers.
These where moved to Luga...
Old May 10, 2003, 17:28   #77
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Henrik in winter land units can attack air units! I have done this many times! If possible and if you have any unit left that can attack then knock out that pile! It would be a tremendous victory!
Old May 10, 2003, 17:34   #78
Henrik
Emperor

My Good you're right!

I'll have to reload my save then and move one more unit
Old May 10, 2003, 18:34   #79
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Henrik
My Good you're right!
OF COURSE IM RIGHT COMRADE NEVER UNDERESTIMATE MY POWERS TO KILL FACISTS!

Old May 11, 2003, 04:29   #80
Henrik
Emperor

Ah, forgive me ever doubting you, oh supreme comander
Old May 11, 2003, 08:47   #81
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

No problem. I was just having "one of my moments......."

Good job in Leningrad Comrade!
Old May 18, 2003, 06:38   #82
Bossy20000
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Why isn't there a hedgehog east of Leningrad? Don't the Germans normally block Leningrad, so you need to send reinforcements via Kitela and Viipuri? Just wondering.
Old May 18, 2003, 07:38   #83
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

I think henrik moved a unit there so the hedgehog won´t appear
Old May 18, 2003, 09:01   #84
Bossy20000
Prince

Cool! Good job, comrade Henrikov
Old May 18, 2003, 09:36   #85
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Henrik

I usually dont like to question successfull front commanders such as yourself but why are you building an arty in Novogorod? The Hedgehog will be gone in summer, and dont you think you need some more cannon fodder for Leningrad?

Just wondering.....
Old May 18, 2003, 11:45   #86
Bossy20000
Prince

Actually, Leningrad itself is quite safe with the fortified batteries, you only need to guard it for air assaults. With artillery, you can destroy the panzers attacking towards cherepovets and Novogorod. In my games, I most times build tanks first and then artillery, for tanks can serve as artillery and have a greater movement rate and defence factor. But everybody plays his/her way!

PS I sometimes have units defecting to the germans, although they don't have diplomats nor spies? How do they do it? I lost some fortified batteries and partisans to them, now I stack my units (I reloaded the turn, for I consider this cheating of the AI)
Old May 18, 2003, 11:53   #87
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Bossy20000
Actually, Leningrad itself is quite safe with the fortified batteries
Actually with Narva gone the Facists can get in this way and directly assault the city.

The roads are gone which slows them down but that Karl was sitting right next to Leningrad a few turns ago before it was destroyed.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	leningrad.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	45380  
Old May 18, 2003, 12:22   #88
Henrik
Emperor

The Germans don't have few units capable of both traversing the terrain west of Leningrad and attacking it in one turn. Most will end up in the narva tile or on the industry tile. These will be killed by more mobile units of my own (and units on the swamps further west will be killed as well either via the sea or by air).
Old May 18, 2003, 14:07   #89
Bossy20000
Prince

I forgot that with Narva gone, there is a road open to Leningrad! Lucky for us we can reinforce the city from the East, without having to go round via Viipuri.

We must keep this city, named after our great leader Lenin!
Old May 24, 2003, 16:42   #90
Bossy20000
Prince

What are your plans for the Baltic front, comrade Henrikov? We could use some input to comment on!