Old April 29, 2003, 09:48   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 18:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
DM Minister Office
Welcome to the Office of your Domestic Minister. Please make any suggestions and comments you wish.

Naming of Cities:

For this term, I will accept suggestions from each Minister, 1 each. After that, the suggestions will be put to a confirmation poll to the public, if the name is not overturned by a vote of 2/3 of the public, it will remain and the city name will be changed in game.

Decision based on this opinion poll as well as suggestions: http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=84344

Name Suggestions:
  • MrWIA:.............___________ Confrimation Poll:
  • WhiteBandit:.....Protuberance (requests near a mountain/hill) Confirmation Poll:
  • UberKrux:..........___________ Confirmation Poll:
  • GeneralTacticus:___________ Confirmation Poll:
  • UnOrthOdOx:.....___________ Confirmation Poll:

Current 10 turn plan for Empire:

Build:

Current Map (sorry for poor quality, Im working on that):
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	asgard.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	43618  

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; April 30, 2003 at 08:33.
Old April 29, 2003, 17:08   #2
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 20:24
Sounds good. Let me know if you need / want any assistance in any DM aspects.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old April 29, 2003, 17:14   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Let me get that second city up, and Ill start dishing them out/organizing

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old April 29, 2003, 17:50   #4
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

So, nest term then... ok.

--Con
Old April 29, 2003, 19:01   #5
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 19:24
that tile has the bonus. i checked the sav in MWIA's post

does your plan have any chance of changing? what if we see stuff from the mountain? what would there have to be to make you change your mind?
Old April 29, 2003, 19:04   #6
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:24
Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX

does your plan have any chance of changing? what if we see stuff from the mountain? what would there have to be to make you change your mind?
8 (or more) cattle tiles nearby would do it for me!
Old April 29, 2003, 21:11   #7
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
that tile has the bonus. i checked the sav in MWIA's post

A food bonus that would bring it in the full radius if I moved W instead. I dont want to move more than one turn. Anything further away will make a good site for a settler pump as the first city out.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old April 29, 2003, 23:45   #8
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Why two warriors? Shouldn't we build at least one more scout, and take advantage of our expansionist trait?

Edit: Granted, we'll need protection from those raging hordes. But without building any scouts, I think we're losing out on part of that civ trait.
Old April 29, 2003, 23:59   #9
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

"DM minister" = Domestic Minister minister??

anyways, I agree with Kloreep. We should build at least 2 more explorers. Barbarians do not tend to be such a big problem for the first 10 turns, so I don't see an undefended city as that big a deal.
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old April 30, 2003, 00:31   #10
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Really? A bonus?

And, if we don't use it for the Capital, I propose the city name "Asgard" - home of the Gods.

Of course, that would be PERFECT for the capital... (nudge, wink)

EDIT: Or maybe not.... Valhalla was within Asgard, so perhaps we chould consider naming our landmass Asgard instead...

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Last edited by MrWhereItsAt; April 30, 2003 at 00:38.
Old April 30, 2003, 08:37   #11
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
Why two warriors? Shouldn't we build at least one more scout, and take advantage of our expansionist trait?

Edit: Granted, we'll need protection from those raging hordes. But without building any scouts, I think we're losing out on part of that civ trait.
Noted and changed. Thanks.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old April 30, 2003, 09:02   #12
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 21:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep

I don't have any experience in Deity, but... Well, those Ottomans aren't so aggressive, but they have 2 spears in their second city. We may need some extra protection, just in case...
Old April 30, 2003, 09:19   #13
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

We have a decision at present. We can either produce a THIRD scout, or a SECOND warrior before our first settler (due in 11 turns).

Personally I favor military units, but am willing to hear opinions/arguements for the scout.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old April 30, 2003, 09:22   #14
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:24
Warrior. Once our scouts have got out this far, another will not help considerably. Warriors have attack and defense values, can bring martial law and if I build a Warrior then we can convince Uber we are getting him those Swords he wants so badly...

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old April 30, 2003, 09:25   #15
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Im a bit worried that both our scouts are heading N, though. minimap suggests we are already a bit to the norther end, another to head south/east?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old April 30, 2003, 09:41   #16
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 00:24
Definately a Warrior. Raging hords on Deity. We get 0 Att/Def bonus against Barbs at this level.
Old April 30, 2003, 09:56   #17
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Warrior. Once our scouts have got out this far, another will not help considerably. Warriors have attack and defense values, can bring martial law and if I build a Warrior then we can convince Uber we are getting him those Swords he wants so badly...
i disagree. this land seems less like an island than any civ map i've seen before (albiet, this is human made). i'd like to explore north, west, and east at the same time.

but it can wait. i can see why a warrior makes sense.

as you were.
Old April 30, 2003, 09:56   #18
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 21:24
Warrior.
Old April 30, 2003, 10:08   #19
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Warrior, definitely.
Old April 30, 2003, 13:12   #20
badams52
King

Local Time: 16:24
One more scout would help us pop more huts. Could be warrior then scout, but another scout would be beneficial.
Old April 30, 2003, 15:39   #21
GodKing
Emperor

Warrior, to help keep the people happy. I don't see any lux anywhere. D*mn, that will hurt.

--Con
Old May 1, 2003, 00:11   #22
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 02:24
hi ,

we should move to the sea ASAP

so , can some-one post a city screenshot

have a nice day
Old May 1, 2003, 03:39   #23
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:24
My official name suggestion: Halls of Tactigard.
Old May 3, 2003, 13:36   #24
GodKing
Emperor

DM orders, 3500 BC
Godking substituting for UnOrthOdOx

I am preparing orders now. Based off of the new poll, it appears donegeals tight plan is currently favored.

Build Queue:
As we will need 15 turns until we grow large enough to make a settler, and as we are on deity without benifit of any luxuries (thanks map makers) we will need at least two units keeping order. That means we can do only a couple of things at this time.

Option A: Two warriors
Option B: One warrior and one scout
Option C: One archer
Option D: One spear.

Although option B gives us another scout (to try and find a goodie hut with something in it), I prefer option A as that will allow us to send one warrior with the new settler. Unless I hear dissent, that is the option I choose.

Build Queue: (if I did my math right with the worker orders, there should be no wasted turns for the settler, the turn we make size 3 we produce the settler).
Warrior (4 turns)
Warrior (3 turns)
Settler (8 turns)
Barracks (Doubt we will get this far, but just in case)

Worker orders:
Although I usually prefer to mine first when being non-industrial, with this being deity we need to optimize. If we road first then mine, the turn we reach size 3 we will have a settler. Nothing wasted and we get a bit of extra gold.

Have the worker road where she is at. (3 turns)
Once complete, mine this location. (6 turns)
Once complete, road the tile due north of the capitol using the road to command (3 turns).
If we get beyond this mine said tile north of the capitol (6 turns).

Setter orders:
As I only expect us to be playing between 10-15 turns, I do not think that we will be placing the new city at this time. If we do go beyond this, then the city will have the default civ3 name until UnOrthOdOx can return and take control.

If the city is a go, we will found donegeals Green Location first (as it is easy to get to and is a high production location). It can also share some of our capitals existing improvements until they both grow.

[IMG]c:\my documents\my pictures\DMorders3500bc.bmp[/IMG]

--Con