Old May 7, 2003, 12:57   #61
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Cuirass of the Saviour + Boots of Blinding Speed + Breton = Super fast Eli who can finnaly see the beautiful colors of Morrowind without 50% blind.
Old May 7, 2003, 16:25   #62
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Local Time: 16:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
So I'm wandering around and I come across a dragon (from the MWAdvanced mod). It looked pretty good, and it was kind of funny because there were a pile of dead cliff racers around it.

It was just sitting there so I went up to pet it . It seemed to like that, but it didn't seem to like it when I tried to club it, hehe. My character so far is not a wus, but that thing kicked my face in.

My Current Stats
Level 29
about AC 150
102 Sanctuary
110% resist magicka

I guess I should get better gear and level up some more before I try to take on one of these things again.
Old May 8, 2003, 04:10   #63
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
Ok, now I'm a little mad. I enchanted everything I had with fortify Heavy Armor and with the help of a little set of custom armor (Dumac's Armor) I raised my Armor Class to over 1600 - see pic. What did this accomplish... jack ****! Everything still hits so it doesn't lower chance to hit at all, and everything still does good damage so it doesn't lower damage at all. What then pray tell does armor do and why should I even bother wearing it? Anyone know?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	44361  
Old May 8, 2003, 06:11   #64
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

That's some mod then, I guess.

Armor actually absorbs damage. So, whenever you get damage, it looks at your armor rating, and, depending on it, some damage gets absorbed, damaging the armor (its condition) rather than you.
Old May 8, 2003, 12:00   #65
pg
Prince

Local Time: 19:24
Quote:
Originally posted by BustaMike
Ok, now I'm a little mad. I enchanted everything I had with fortify Heavy Armor and with the help of a little set of custom armor (Dumac's Armor) I raised my Armor Class to over 1600 - see pic. What did this accomplish... jack ****! Everything still hits so it doesn't lower chance to hit at all, and everything still does good damage so it doesn't lower damage at all. What then pray tell does armor do and why should I even bother wearing it? Anyone know?
i guess that answers my question... mw is black and white in terms of difficulty i guess. btw, just think how strong vivec must be if that mod 'enhanced' him!
Old May 8, 2003, 15:01   #66
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Solver
That's some mod then, I guess.

Armor actually absorbs damage. So, whenever you get damage, it looks at your armor rating, and, depending on it, some damage gets absorbed, damaging the armor (its condition) rather than you.
Are you sure armor absorbs damage, or are you just assuming based on what it's supposed to be? I had always assumed armor absorbs damage, but it doesn't seem to. I've tested it now with no mods and my armor rating doesn't seem to make any difference in the damage I take. It doesn't seem to affect the chance to hit me either.

I looked through the construction set to see if there was a value that could be changed and there doesn't appear to be one, whereas there are values for how strength affects your damage done or encumbrance affects speed.
Old May 8, 2003, 16:01   #67
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Is that all you carry? I have a gazillion scrolls, potions, notes, lockpicks, probes, amulets and rings... Not to mention auxiliary weapons like that Ashlander bow and my Soul Drinker short blade.

Btw, are Chitin and Glass the only Light Armors? I'm stuck with Chitin since Seyda Neen and i'm level 33 already. Cant find Light Armor.
Old May 9, 2003, 01:55   #68
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Glass armor can be bought at GhostGate I think... and yeah, that's pretty much it for light armor unless you wanna wear netch leather and that's worse than chitin.
Old May 9, 2003, 05:47   #69
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Nordic Fur is also light armor...

Well, I got the armor absorbs damage thingie from my Morrowind manual, don't know what it actually does. But, for some time I was running around with Armor Rating of 5, and then I changed it all into 40, and did feel the difference.

Currently, I also carry a lot. Moreover, where I stopped yesterday, happened to get a Daedric Tower Shield. Now, that one has 225 enchantment points, so I'm going to give it Constant Effect Fortify Strength 1 to 89, quite amazing it's going to be. And I'm really tempted to go and change into a full suit of some heavy armor, like Ebony. Currently I'm wearing mixed styles of medium armor, with Indoril Hemlet and Pauldrons, and Boots, as well as an Imperial Cuirass.
Old May 11, 2003, 23:40   #70
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 17:24
my armour is like 22