Old April 30, 2003, 10:47   #31
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

Local Time: 02:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
barbaar!!!! lol that's frikking weird ****

Btw firelad, staropramen is the brewery, but they have several beers, which one do you mean??? (Btw to make you jealous: I went to the staropramen brewery in czechia and had a completely free tour + a staropramen mug ) Also They claim to be the largest seller of beer in Prague, and in Prague, land o' drunks that's pretty impressive!
Old April 30, 2003, 10:50   #32
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 18:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Ugg....I can't stand Guiness at all...

Whenever is Washgignton DC, go to brickkellers, near Dupont circle: they hold thew Guiness World Record for largest collection of bottled beers, about 1000, with about 1/3 American beers (moslty microbrews) and then the rest international: and they are relatively cheap too.

I like Lagers most of all, good Pilsners, Bocks, Double Bocks, trippel Bocks, so forth and so on, so German, Austrian and Czech beers appeal most to me. As for American mass manufactured beers, I think Sam Adams is fine, and I like Yuengling from Penn. Here in NY they seel it for $4.49 for a 6-pack, since they are trying to break into the market
!
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old April 30, 2003, 11:04   #33
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Local Time: 19:25
Australian for "awesome"!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	fosters.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	43627  
Old April 30, 2003, 11:33   #34
Firelad
Settler

Local Time: 02:25
Quote:
Originally posted by Trajanus
Btw firelad, staropramen is the brewery, but they have several beers, which one do you mean???
Um, I don't know! I doesn't say anything on the bottle I have here. It's got the logo (big S), Staropramen, Premium Prague Beer... Colours are gold then green, red and gold rim, white background (In case that means anything)...

Quote:
(Btw to make you jealous: I went to the staropramen brewery in czechia and had a completely free tour + a staropramen mug ) Also They claim to be the largest seller of beer in Prague, and in Prague, land o' drunks that's pretty impressive!
Cool. Although if you REALLY want to make me jealous, go to St. James's Gate, Dublin....
Now that's a place I want to visit a lot
Old April 30, 2003, 11:53   #35
Gangerolf
Prince

Local Time: 01:25
Quote:
ugh. even XXXX is better than Foster's. (just my opinion of course. if you like it then good for you.)
Old April 30, 2003, 13:20   #36
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 09:25
Fosters!?!

Man, your horse will never race again.
Old April 30, 2003, 15:48   #37
Starchild
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Location: a raving alcoholic drama queen with a penchant for the biosciences
I must recommend the original Czech Budweiser, which tastes nothing like it's American counterpart.
Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
-Richard Dawkins
Old April 30, 2003, 15:51   #38
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 17:25
Quote:
Originally posted by Sten Sture
The Mendocino Brewery is in Hopland!

And are tasty. Blackhawk Stout is a fav.
Hmmmm, I've been to both but if I remember correctly (thinking through beer induced haze) it was in Fort Bragg and I remember drinking Old Raspution Imperial Stout, Red Tail Ale, and a half dozen others when I was there.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old April 30, 2003, 15:55   #39
Oerdin
Deity

My favorite beer of all times has to be Edelwiesse Hefetrub from Austria. It has a perfumy-flower like fragrence and one of the most subtle, yet, complex flavors I have ever tasted. There was a specialty drinks store in San Diego where I used to buy it but so far I haven't found any place in Sacramento that carries it.

I wish I could find it again.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old April 30, 2003, 15:58   #40
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Sava

Australian for Budwieser is more like it!

Not even the Aussies will stomach that garbage they prefer beers like 4X; which is a rather nice beer.
Old April 30, 2003, 16:14   #41
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 20:25
I'll go with...

UK/Ireland:

Newcastle Brown
Caffrey's Cream Ale
Gillispies (sp?) Malt Stout (Scotland)
Guiness
Murphy's

US:

Mississippi Mud. Good Black & Tan.
Saranac (they make several different types... I forget exactly which ones I like & which I don't. They sell sampler packs).
Sam Adams & Sam Adams Light

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old April 30, 2003, 16:14   #42
Sten Sture
Emperor

Local Time: 16:25
Oerdin - okay that makes sense now... Old Rasputin is North Coast Brewing in Ft. Bragg. Great beer!

#25 on the beeradvocate top 50 beers.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/top_beers.php

And dammit people Guinness has TWO N's!!
Old April 30, 2003, 16:15   #43
Spec
Emperor

Local Time: 00:25
Thank you all for your suggestions guys, I saw some beer names I never saw in my life!

But please stop with the Guiness, we have it here, it is sold in any supermarket.

Thanks again!

Spec.
Old April 30, 2003, 16:23   #44
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Sten Sture
Oerdin - okay that makes sense now... Old Rasputin is North Coast Brewing in Ft. Bragg. Great beer!

#25 on the beeradvocate top 50 beers.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/top_beers.php

Thanks Sten, I knew I wasn't totally insane. Just mostly.

BTW folks look at the Beeradvacate link that Sten posted. Two of the world's top three beers come from my home town!!! San Diego is the best baby.

Edit: Spelling.

Last edited by Oerdin; April 30, 2003 at 18:17.
Old April 30, 2003, 16:31   #45
Sten Sture
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin

I knew I was totally insane. Just mostly.

SD's beers are so good because of the imported water from Tijuana!
Old April 30, 2003, 16:54   #46
Sten Sture
Emperor

While we are around Anderson Valley, I would be remiss if I failed to mention the Anderson Valley Brewing Company midway between Hopland and Ft. Bragg. Their Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout is my 'usual' at my local pub, though it is, I think, much better on tap than bottled.

http://www.avbc.com/main.html
Old April 30, 2003, 17:12   #47
Oerdin
Deity

Anderson Valley's Boont ale is a very refressing and absolutely drinkable ale. Its smell & copper color even remind of Mendocino.
Old April 30, 2003, 17:54   #48
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Local Time: 19:25
everyone's making fun of Foster's...
Old April 30, 2003, 17:58   #49
Japher
Emperor

Quote:
Old Rasputin is North Coast Brewing in Ft. Bragg. Great beer!
That stuff is strong! I love it! Never heard anyone else, besides me mention it.

I also like Fat Tire, from Fort Collins, CO... It is finally making its way to my neck of the woods.
Old April 30, 2003, 18:20   #50
Oerdin
Deity

One of my old college roommates was from Fort Collins so every time he went home to visit his family was asked him to bring back a case of Flat Tire. Yum, yum, yum... *Hick-up*...

Old April 30, 2003, 18:28   #51
reds4ever
Prince

Carling Black Label, which I've just found out through one of links in this thread is Canadian, which explains a lot as the Canucks sure do brew some fine lagers
Old April 30, 2003, 18:43   #52
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

Fresh beer!

In Eugene OR there's a micro brew pub called Steelhead brewery which makes and serves several different beers and serves them fresh. Or you can bring them home in the little plastic tubs...umm, nevermind.
Old April 30, 2003, 22:33   #53
Caligastia
Emperor

Local Time: 20:25
Never mind the foreign muck, there are plenty of great beers right here in North America. US beers are better than Canadian ones now.
Old May 1, 2003, 15:16   #54
Oerdin
Deity

All about Beer did a servay of breweries in each of the top ten beer producing countries to find out which styles they brewed and how availible each different type was. The result? Not only does the U.S. have the most breweries of any country but it also has the most styles of beers brewed and availible in most areas of the country.

Eat your hearts out Euros.
Old May 1, 2003, 15:46   #55
Oerdin
Deity

Here is an interesting article.
Quote:
Beverage industry analyst Datamonitor reports that at the end of 2002 the U.S. was the world's most valuable beer market, with sales of about $73.7 billion. In terms of per capita consumption of beer, Czech drinkers continue to out drink all others, downing an average of 326 U.K. pints a year. Irish drinkers came in second with 300 pints, followed by Germany, Austria and Belgium. In terms of value per capita, the Irish spent $1,282.00, the Norwegians $657.00 and the British $537.00 each on beer. Norway had the most expensive beer prices in the world, with the average pint costing $5.54. Malaysia came in second in the cost of a pint, $5.18, followed by Japan at $4.47. The Irish, of course, top the list as stout drinkers, quaffing 134 pints per head of population, followed by the British with a much lower seven pints per person, averaged across the entire population.
Czechs drink 326 pints a year?! Jesus, those guys must be drinking just about every day. Also why do you guys in Norway put up with having the most expensive beer in the world? I mean expensive gas is sucky enough but the government can take my beer bottle from my cold dead hand...
Old May 1, 2003, 15:56   #56
Oerdin
Deity

I found it! This is my favorite wheat beer ever, now if I could only find a place near me that sells it...
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	be_edelweissweissb.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	43730