Old August 26, 2000, 00:59   #31
self biased
staff
Civilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Civilization V News Editor

Local Time: 01:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
bugger you. i was going to go for pirates... hmmm... perhaps we should add a bit of roleplaying in this, too. if that's the case, i'll take the beleivers. **evil grin**

------------------
get together, let's collaborate
this time the world will shake
make a stand, for what it's worth
get together, control the earth

Apolyton Legend
self biased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2000, 14:53   #32
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 05:30
I thought that 360,000 population would be only about 12 heads, at 30,000 people per head. But if I am mistaken, perhaps we should lower it to 200,000 total spread among as many bases as you like.
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27, 2000, 22:17   #33
Argonaut
Prince

Sounds interesting, I'll give it a go. I' still a little confused, but I'll catch on eventually (I hope). Is Roze and the Data Angels up for grabs? I'll take them if they are.

Argo
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28, 2000, 00:32   #34
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

*Double Post*
[This message has been edited by DarkCloud (edited August 27, 2000).]
Old August 28, 2000, 00:33   #35
DarkCloud
staff

Barbarossa-
How do you propose we do land claims, do you have an edited map of planet sectioned up that you can post in the forums?

Just wondering.

Also when you post that edited map with sections cut out for all the factions, how do you propose we determine distances. Say we divide the map into squares with a possiblility of 25 cities evenly spaced 4 squares apart in each of the sections of the map.

To do the map claims should we do them in this post or another post?

Well that's about all my questions for now.
Until Next Time-
Dark Cloud remains head of the University
[This message has been edited by DarkCloud (edited August 27, 2000).]
Old August 28, 2000, 03:25   #36
Barbarossa

Yeah the Data Angels are up for grabs if you want 'em Argo.
Old August 28, 2000, 18:36   #37
Argonaut
Prince

Count me in then for the Angels.

Argo
Old August 28, 2000, 20:20   #38
DarkCloud
staff

How many more people do we need?

How about we just allow people to join in once the writing has began at any time for, we must capitalize on this opportunity at once or support will wane and your once numerous legions of supporters will desert this haughty and lofty plan and spend their time on the net elsewhere.

In otherwords- we should start now or we should at least do MAP CLAIMS

-Thank you for your time.
D.C. of the University
Old August 29, 2000, 01:34   #39
Barbarossa

Yes, very well. The game shall commence tomorrow at 12:00 EST. Hopefully I'll have a list of what factions are where by than.
Old August 29, 2000, 03:04   #40
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 22:30
Local Date: October 30, 2010

With my imminent departure you should prolly rule me out.

Morgan is up for grabs if anyone wants the impeccable and inimitable CEO.

Googlie
Googlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30, 2000, 15:10   #41
Argonaut
Prince

Did I miss something? I'm still interested if it's happening. And have a good trip Googlie.

Argo
Old August 30, 2000, 20:16   #42
DarkCloud
staff

I guess faction writing has commenced so I'll start up a thread.
Old August 30, 2000, 23:57   #43
[LordLMP]

Since we are starting in 2118, all or most societies Social Engineering is still probebly in the early steps. Also, population levels shouldn't be very big...since it as only been 18 years the Factions has been on Planet. So about 2 to 4 small bases? military tech into lasers for some societies...
ANyway, Factions are pretty much still small and still not very developed... so players do have to realize that when doing actions.
As far as i know, Nautilus Pirates espaced Unity in a Sea Landing Pod... Data Angels broke off from Morganites...Cyborgs from University... Free Drones from the Hive and the Cult from the Gaians.

the game probebly starts out after the first Planetary Council among the 7 originals, the 7 Old Factions. Pirates are aloned (not for very long, but other factions haven't really started establishing a naval presence by 2118...of course, when they do, Pirates will start pirating until they are Discovered by most Original Factions :P) in some Ocean/Sea of Planet, slowly starting up its Faction...
Data Angels, doubt they have broke off yet by that year, but about too... so can say, at the moment, Nomads or simply hiding within the Morgan Faction? The Cult has probebly recently started its first Base somewhere, not very far from the Gaians...
Cyborgs probebly recently starting up its society as and not to far from University... and for the Free Drones, don't see them breaking off from the hive by 2118, but about to break off from the hive.
So the Angels and Drones can be started been played with the Morgan/Hive factions...write how they broke off and so on... i guess.
for the Aliens, we can wait several more game years before they crash land...or until couple of players decided to take control of them.

Thats just my opinion, startup situation ideas... As for map, why not use the Planet map? Large crossfire one anyway.... i can have the map done transfered/done into gif/jpg too...print screen, cut, paste and puzzle parts together i do it and send you the copy to play with, shouldn't be to hard...just would take several hours to do Also would be more efficient...unless someone already done it or be the one to do it instead of me. I will be using Bitmap and Paintshop Pro to do it.

-LordLMP
Old August 31, 2000, 19:38   #44
DarkCloud
staff

Okay LMP lets do the map conversion. I'm all for it.
Old August 31, 2000, 20:24   #45
DarkCloud
staff

Here's the List of Players
(Lets start up the posts for the game)
-Old Codger and Alnistra Covelia; since you are veteran messageboard posters would you like to jump in into the game?

DarkCloud - University of Planet
Barbarossa - Spartan Federation
gscott23x3 - Peacekeeping Forces
[LordLMP] - Nautilus Pirates
self biased - The Lord's Believers
Googlie - Morgan Industries
Raging Mouse - Human Hive
LightEning - Planetmind
Argonaut- Data Angels
Old September 1, 2000, 02:58   #46
Barbarossa

Research rates are like this

50% or above - 1 tech per week
40% - 1 tech every 2 weeks
30% or below - 1 tech every 3 weeks

That was kind of what Googlie and I thought up. And can choose your tech. But you need the prequesites.

If anyone wants to write up a list of what faction is on what continent than feel free.

Right now everyone has 2 bases. And most people have iether 3 or 4 techs. We are starting in 2118. After a bit we will call a Planetary Council. I will contact a talented fellow named Gilgamesh to help with the timetable.
Old September 1, 2000, 17:34   #47
Gilgamesh
Settler

I was asked to do the timetable for this game as well, and I discussed with Barbarossa on ICQ, he said to me that the game would start on 2118, with 13 months on a single year. Finally, a real time day would equal a month in AC time.

Here's a preliminary TT for now...

NOTE: If you guys want to give names to each month, tell me.
-------------------------------------------------------

Year: 2118
September 3rd --------------- 1st month
September 4th --------------- 2nd month
September 5th --------------- 3rd month
September 6th --------------- 4th month
September 7th --------------- 5th month
September 8th --------------- 6th month
September 9th --------------- 7th month
September 10th -------------- 8th month
September 11th -------------- 9th month
September 12th -------------- 10th month
September 13th -------------- 11th month
September 14th -------------- 12th month
September 15th -------------- 13th month

Year: 2119
September 16th --------------- 1st month
September 17th --------------- 2nd month
September 18th --------------- 3rd month
September 19th --------------- 4th month
September 20th --------------- 5th month
September 21st --------------- 6th month
September 22nd --------------- 7th month
September 23th -------------- 8th month
September 24th -------------- 9th month
September 25th -------------- 10th month
September 26th -------------- 11th month
September 27th -------------- 12th month
September 28th -------------- 13th month
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1, 2000, 19:51   #48
DarkCloud
staff

Okay Gilgamesh that is good,but could it perhaps work out so a week is a month, for if you look at how the plot is developing now it almost needs a week to develop.

Thank you once again for your time in developing the timetable.

Should everyone post their 'rates' here?

Here's the University's Rates

-50% Science
-40% Trade
-10% Luxury
Old September 2, 2000, 11:20   #49
[LordLMP]

The current table is fine i say and can still develop a plot a day a month. Unless you want to go very detailed in everything...which i know i can't do that with my writing skills. Also, don't want to be to slow either. Don't want to be stuck in 2118 too long, want years to go by, so we can develop and improve each of our factions.

Nautilus Pirates rates:

40% Economy
10% Psych
50% Research

-LordLMP
Old September 2, 2000, 11:24   #50
DarkCloud
staff

LMP thank you for your interest, are you about to post soon?

Right now the only posters are me and Argonaut even though many people signed up or expressed their interest.
Old September 3, 2000, 00:57   #51
Argonaut
Prince

Data Angels:
Economy - 40%
Psych - 10%
Research - 50%

So what is the verdict? Have we started yet? I'm a little confused. And is it possible for the Angels to just start out with a couple of colony pods and a garrison unit perhaps? Sure it puts me behind, but as a splinter faction it seems more realistic.

Argo
Old September 4, 2000, 16:36   #52
XWaste
Prince

I would like to join if that is ok, as the cybernetic consiousness. Let me know if this is ok before I contribute.
XWaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4, 2000, 19:29   #53
DarkCloud
staff

It probably is, but wait for Barbarossa's OK.

However if it does not come within a week then just begin play as the conciousness, for if he does not start it himself in a week we will begin on our own free will.

*NOTE: Barbarossa- please start the game. Thank you very much for your starting of this thread but could you please give the "OK" for the game. We already have a thread up for it- 'The Chiron Chronicle'

Thank you very much.