Old April 30, 2003, 08:14   #1
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:27
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Turnchat #2 3500BC onwards time and orders
Turnchat two is provisionally set to take place in the DALnet room #civ3dem at

GMT: 2200 Saturday 3rd May
EST: 1700 Saturday 3rd May
NZT (me): 1000 Sunday 4th May

This corresponds to 2300 in London (GMT + 1) and 1800 (EST + 1) in New York, as these places are in daylight saving time.

The chat will deal with the turns 3500BC and onwards. Please post orders here!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old April 30, 2003, 08:48   #2
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 19:27
Local Date: November 1, 2010
oh, i can SO make that one

we should name the scouts for ease (even Scout1 and Scout2 would be good)

in case i'm a little late for the turnchatten, i'll give an initial order for the scouts:

Eastern Scout: N, E, if ths coast doesn't prevent him from going E. i'd like to explore the coast with him.

as for the Western one, i'm kind of want him to Explore the Ottoman's lands, so, i'd say:
NW, W (2 turns, 2 mountains). it doesn't seem that theres a quick way to get him there, and the mountains will give us the best view on the way.

as we have no lux and we're growing in 1 turn, fortify the warrior (duh).

i seem to be lacking in the swordsmen department. get working on that
Old April 30, 2003, 09:14   #3
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:27
I titled the Scouts Thor (West) and Fenris ( East) in the chat so as to not confuse people too much.

Swordsmen? No problem - it may take into next term by then, but OK.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old April 30, 2003, 10:05   #4
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

we might do archers. we got time to decide.
Old April 30, 2003, 22:43   #5
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 16:27
DOH! I won't be able to make this one, I have a geology field camp that I'm going to be at from Friday until Saturday. I get back late Saturday night as sometime, so I myself will be available for whatever purposes then. I wish us luck!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old May 1, 2003, 03:06   #6
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:27
Well, this is just great. I'm going to be needed already, and I can't connect to DALnet Either I get disconnected immmediately after successfully connecting or my connection times out trying...
Old May 1, 2003, 11:08   #7
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 02:27
Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
Well, this is just great. I'm going to be needed already, and I can't connect to DALnet Either I get disconnected immmediately after successfully connecting or my connection times out trying...
hi ,

you are not the only one , ....

have a nice day
Old May 1, 2003, 11:09   #8
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

hi ,

you are not the only one

have a nice day

turnthreads
Old May 1, 2003, 11:12   #9
Epistax
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Sorry to continue on this line in this thread but..

Isn't dalnet the one that requires that a identd server is running? If you can't connect at all, then this isn't the problem, but if you're being disconnected, then it probably is. Trillian often sets up invalid identd servers. If you think this may be the case, you can find a freeware identd server which you can have startup with windows, just make sure it starts the before trillian does. Killing trillian doesn't stop the trillian identd server.

Too bad this may not be your problem at all....
Old May 1, 2003, 12:07   #10
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 20:27
I should be there.

Epistax - I can get into Dalnet no problem, but not Apolyton. Is identd the likely probelm?
Old May 1, 2003, 12:47   #11
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I have the same problem Beta. MarkG tried to help me out a bit, but we never did get it resolved. So I can only join poly by using JAVA chat, and I cannot have anything else running while using JAVA else my computer crashes.... what a pain.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old May 1, 2003, 13:08   #12
Epistax
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

I don't think apolyton is very *****y about identd, then again I didn't use trillian around the time the apolyton server came up.

I did used to have problems until I think I switch ports or something
looks like settler.apolyton.net:7000 is down
Old May 1, 2003, 14:44   #13
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

the chat just keeps saying the room is closed , ....

have a nice day

welcome to apolyton's IRC chat
connecting to apolyton.net 6667
unable to connect to server
connection closed
connecting to apolyton.net 6667
unable to connect to server
connection closed

Mark , what gives
Old May 1, 2003, 16:48   #14
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 21:27
Quote:
DalNet sucks. Same here, GeneralTacticus... I can connect, but I am disconnected immediately. See this:

There are 1429 users and 34552 invisible on 25 servers
57 IRC Operators online
19839 channels formed
I have 4912 clients and 1 servers
-
Current local users: 4912 Max: 9008
Current global users: 35981 Max: 50121
-
-animals.ca.us.dal.net- *** Notice -- motd was last changed at 15/2/2003 14:30
-
-
* Disconnected

And no matters which server I pick.

Old May 1, 2003, 17:15   #15
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

top left , "poly chat to be back soon" , ....

have a nice day
Old May 2, 2003, 09:28   #16
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I am subbing for unortho, who had to leave unexpectadly. I will check the polls and such prior to the chat tomarrow. Let me know if there is anything special you need from the DM office.

GK

--Con
Old May 3, 2003, 01:10   #17
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:27
FAM Orders:

None as yet. Watch the Ottomans to see if they get any new techs, or if, for whatever reason, we find that we can buy Masonry off them.

And just regarding DALnet - why can't we hold the chat somewhere else? I don't seem to have this problem anywhere other than DALnet (and poly, but that's a different problem).
Old May 3, 2003, 09:24   #18
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
FAM Orders:

None as yet. Watch the Ottomans to see if they get any new techs, or if, for whatever reason, we find that we can buy Masonry off them.

And just regarding DALnet - why can't we hold the chat somewhere else? I don't seem to have this problem anywhere other than DALnet (and poly, but that's a different problem).
hi ,

try this , .....

it works > http://apolyton.net/cgi-sys/mchat.cgi?channel=apolyton

have a nice day
Old May 3, 2003, 13:15   #19
GodKing
Emperor

DM orders, 3500 BC
Godking substituting for UnOrthOdOx

I am preparing orders now. Based off of the new poll, it appears donegeals tight plan is currently favored.

Build Queue:
As we will need 15 turns until we grow large enough to make a settler, and as we are on deity without benifit of any luxuries (thanks map makers) we will need at least two units keeping order. That means we can do only a couple of things at this time.

Option A: Two warriors
Option B: One warrior and one scout
Option C: One archer
Option D: One spear.

Although option B gives us another scout (to try and find a goodie hut with something in it), I prefer option A as that will allow us to send one warrior with the new settler. Unless I hear dissent, that is the option I choose.

Build Queue: (if I did my math right with the worker orders, there should be no wasted turns for the settler, the turn we make size 3 we produce the settler).
Warrior (4 turns)
Warrior (3 turns)
Settler (8 turns)
Barracks (Doubt we will get this far, but just in case)

Worker orders:
Although I usually prefer to mine first when being non-industrial, with this being deity we need to optimize. If we road first then mine, the turn we reach size 3 we will have a settler. Nothing wasted and we get a bit of extra gold.

Have the worker road where she is at. (3 turns)
Once complete, mine this location. (6 turns)
Once complete, road the tile due north of the capitol using the road to command (3 turns).
If we get beyond this mine said tile north of the capitol (6 turns).

Setter orders:
As I only expect us to be playing between 10-15 turns, I do not think that we will be placing the new city at this time. If we do go beyond this, then the city will have the default civ3 name until UnOrthOdOx can return and take control.

If the city is a go, we will found donegeals Green Location first (as it is easy to get to and is a high production location). It can also share some of our capitals existing improvements until they both grow.

(For all the time I have been here, I don't think I have ever attached a picture to a post before. I am not sure how to do so. I am attaching it as a file...)

--Con
Old May 3, 2003, 13:20   #20
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

GodKing , just press the "browse" button below the posting window ,..... size = 800 X 800 max (!)

have a nice day
Old May 3, 2003, 13:30   #21
GodKing
Emperor

Thanks... except... I don't see any button lables browse. The one for Img is asking for a web site.... wonder if it will work for something on my hard drive instead....

Nope. I have the attach file button, but it is comming back that the bmp is to large of a file..... Anything else I can try.... thanks.

Of course, it isn't really needed, the text says it all anyways.

--Con
Old May 3, 2003, 13:38   #22
GodKing
Emperor

I think this got it. Thanks Panag.

[IMG]c:\my documents\my pictures\DMorders3500bc.bmp[/IMG]

--Con
Old May 3, 2003, 13:40   #23
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
Thanks... except... I don't see any button lables browse. The one for Img is asking for a web site.... wonder if it will work for something on my hard drive instead....

Nope. I have the attach file button, but it is comming back that the bmp is to large of a file..... Anything else I can try.... thanks.

Of course, it isn't really needed, the text says it all anyways.

hi ,

nope , post a new message , then you see some blue message icons , then four lines ( auto parse url's , email notif , disable smilies , show sig )

below that is an empty message field , ..... with "browse" next to it

right above the "submit reply" button , ...

anyway , close your connection , delete all history , cookies , etc , .... reopen a browser window , connect again and it should work , ....

oh yes , some firewall and security programs dont let you upload stuff , ..... maybe it works with them disabled , .....

have a nice day
Old May 3, 2003, 13:41   #24
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 21:27
Looks like that:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	helpgodking.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	43936  
Old May 3, 2003, 13:43   #25
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

what would we do without Aro , .....

anyway , we should go for a warrior and a scout asap

have a nice day

P.S. ; GodKing , the max pixel amount is 800 X 800 (!)
Old May 3, 2003, 13:49   #26
GodKing
Emperor

SH****T. I am sitting here getting the orders uploaded and some drunk SOB (at 2 in the afternoon at that) drives off the road and rams my truck parked in my driveway. Waiting for the cops to haul his arse away now. MY TRUCK IS ONLY A YEAR OLD AND IS NOW SCRAP METAL!!!!!! Hopefully this gets fixed prior to the chat in 4 hours. IF not, someone please point out to MWIA the orders. Thanks. Time to go kick some redneck arse.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--Con
Old May 3, 2003, 13:55   #27
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
SH****T. I am sitting here getting the orders uploaded and some drunk SOB (at 2 in the afternoon at that) drives off the road and rams my truck parked in my driveway. Waiting for the cops to haul his arse away now. MY TRUCK IS ONLY A YEAR OLD AND IS NOW SCRAP METAL!!!!!! Hopefully this gets fixed prior to the chat in 4 hours. IF not, someone please point out to MWIA the orders. Thanks. Time to go kick some redneck arse.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi ,

huh , ......

are you okay

say , i run into MRWIA earlier today , ....

try this for a chat , it works > http://apolyton.net/cgi-sys/mchat.cgi?channel=apolyton

a yes , a smile is often the biggest disarming weapon one can have , .....

sue that creep

have a nice day