Old July 29, 2000, 16:29   #1
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 05:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
University Saga: Book II
-NOTE: I dedided that the last post was taking too long to load and so I started up this second post.

---------
Part IV
---------

Chapter VIII "It's a Mad,Mad,Mad,Mad World"
(Otherwise known as the Maddest section of this story)
Year 2045 P.Y. 45
Decurn 21 Day 2
---------------------------------------

Ghostbusters II
(Part I)

Dataprobe Dark Cloud heard a muffled scream coming from somewhere below so he looked down. What he saw as a steel grating looked a lot like a sewer grating, but, against all reason and purpose, a voice was coming from there. He held up a hand bidding the members of his Probe team to stop.

Dark Cloud bid the speaker speak up and began to hear some of what the speaker was attempting to say.
“The Name is------ Bondt-----Tim-----Bondt-----Peacekeeper-------Probe-------Captured-----Save-----Direct----You----to------technology-----door-----around-----corner-----dispose of 1 jailer.-------thank------you----kind---sir.”

Cloud pondered this for a moment and then whispered to the other members of his team.
“Five of you will come with me, five of you will wait here and come running if it seems we are having trouble. While the other fourteen of you will split up and search the city news of where the “Fusion” documents are hidden. We will meet outside of the city in 15 hours. Those not there will be left behind. Is all understood?”

The many nods following his announcement showed their approval of the plan, and they soon left on their ways to discover where the Fusion Technology might be.

Dark Cloud then led his team towards the entrance of the place where Bondt had been kept. He knocked on the door and was answered with a rude “If yer not Zakharov or a Scientist then yer not allowed in.” Cloud then attempted to put some arrogance in his voice and answered.

“Sir if you don’t open the bloody door then I will report you to University Police for delaying a Master Researcher the access to a Psychological Test Subject.” He paused, considering what to say next. “I will be bringing five of my research team with me as well.”

The man on the other side of the door pondered the threat for a minute and then, believing it to be real, allowed the Probe Team in. He then asked them “So yer doing more with your Social Psych Experiments no?”

Dark Cloud replied “yes, we are investigating the effects of stress on Peacekeeper Probe Team members.” The man then laughed “ha! That man in there is complete scum. I doubt he would answer any questions you posed and even then that his answers would be right, all I can get out of him is that he is Bondt, Tim Bondt, member of His Eminence, Brother Lal’s Secret Probe Teams! And didja hear?” The congenial jailer went on “He’s the one who almost made off with the “Fusion Guard” technology, he’s the jerk who tried that, but he got his, he ran into Zakharov who bludgeoned him a couple of times. And did you-“

The jailer then broke off because a member of Dark Cloud’s probe team had bludgeoned him. They then set upon the task of freeing Bondt from his bondage. Dark Cloud questioned Bondt to determine where the technology was kept and Bondt answered.

“Well, when I was there the technology was kept in a room titled ‘Classified Documents’ in the T.I.P.Z. Institute. I will lead you there, but after my failure Zakharov supposedly locked up the room.”

Dark Cloud grimaced, this was not going to be as easy as he had once thought. However, they had brought glass cutters, metal cutters, and explosives, so they were going to break in, even if it killed them.
… … … … … … … … … … … (Time Passes)… … … … … … … … … … … ……

Standing before the T.I.P.Z. Institute Dark Cloud conversed with Bondt. Before too long they had a plan. Cloud ripped open his backpack and retrieved a canisters that looked remarkably like a thermos. It was labeled T. H. E. R. M. O. S. which stood for Thermonuclear (THERMO) Sleep-Potion (S).

He detonated it and threw it inside of the Labs, then Cloud, Bondt and ten remaining Probe Team members put on their gas masks and entered the building. No one stirred, however, they knew that was not the truth, as, because of closed doors and open windows there was a possibility that over half of the building was still awake and not doused with the Sleep-Potion.

They worked fast. Bondt led Cloud and five other Probes to the area where the classified documents were being kept while the remaining five probes covered their backs.

They blasted their way in and began to sort through the mess which the room had become. Soon they heard creaking and jumped out the windows of the room as the room above the Classified Documents room collapsed and fell through the ceiling.

Dark Cloud bit his lip and attempted to determine where the documents could be kept. Meanwhile, Bondt was already searching in the wreckage and soon found the documents. He yelled out “Hey I got them” just as fusion lasers wound their way around the corner and they were attacked by a squad of Fusion Guards.

Bondt fell to the ground and threw the documents to Dark Cloud who ran with them. A few minutes later Bondt joined him after evading the Fusion Guards and they began to run towards the center of University Base throwing the documents between themselves and shouting. “No- YOU be the decoy!” and “No-YOU run with the *#(*$@ papers!”

The solution to their problems was decided when they came across Provost Zakharov entering a rover. “Hey-You!” Bondt yelled out. To which Zakharov replied “Not YOU!” At that Bondt smiled and pulled out a Laser Gun and screamed for all five people who had come to see Zakharov out. “NOBODY MOVE OR WE SHOOT!”

The bystanders backed off at that announcement which allowed Bondt and Cloud to take Zakharov hostage in the rover. Bondt held the gun to Zakharov’s head while Cloud disposed of the driver and began to escape.

Zakharov drolly told them “I hope you aren’t taking me too far, I have a speech to give at the National Institute for the Excessively Smart on how to clone yourself or a friend if you so wish.”

“Oh, don’t worry.” Bondt soothingly told Zakharov, “we’ll drop you off when we get to the border, but not before I bludgeon you!” Bondt then began to hit Zakharov repeatedly over the head with his Laser Gun, but all was in vain as Zakharov picked up Bondt’s seatbelt and began hitting him with the metal belt.

Bondt soon dropped the gun and began to shield himself from the belt.

‘Funny.’ Dark Cloud soon thought out loud ‘I don’t see anyone following us, do they not care for their leader.’ Zakharov then replied “Are you daft, this is the University, not Sparta, we don’t have a standing militia in case of kidnapping. How much are you going to ransom me for?”

“Well,” Dark Cloud began. “We won’t be doing that, in fact, since no one is pursuing us, I’ll drop you off here.” “No!” Bondt exclaimed “Kill him it will solve the Peacekeepers problems.” Zakharov then turned to him as the pulled up to a curve “I really doubt that Bondt, in fact it will only cause my people to fight harder.” Dark Cloud responded “Yes, that’s exactly what I determined.”

Zakharov then got out of the car and headed off towards his conference, however, before going there he walked up to a Police Officer and reported his kidnapping. Within seconds the rover was being pursued by a Police Rover.

However, the Police Rover was soon lost by a quick series of twists and turns near the University Garbage Recycling Pits. It seems that Police Rovers are not all that maneuverable, or at least the one that was chasing them, for, the Rover soon lay in a pile of wrecked cars after not turning quickly enough.

Eventually Dark Cloud and Bondt arrived at the scheduled meeting place and ditched their rover only to find no one was there, however, since the time was only 1300 it was unlikely that any Probe member would have found their way back there. So they waited for a while, watching the T.I.P.Z. Labs collapse as support after support gave way.

The University would have a hard time recovering from this attack. Dark Cloud thought.

(Part II)

The seven probe members stood silent on the barge that was carrying them away, glad that their mission had been accomplished, but sad for the lost members of their team who had perished in the course of their mission.

However, a Pirate Ship arriving and bombarding their modest sail barge soon interrupted this quiet time. Dark Cloud sent off a short energy-message burst before they boarded, informing Roze of their plight

The pirates questioned and searched the Probe Members and recovered the ‘Fusion’ technology. After having accomplished that they threw the Probe Members in a holding pen/ prison until they could determine what to do with them.

Chapter (VIII 2/12) “Let it be”
(War Comes In A Sad Voice)
--------------------------------------------------

“What did you say?” Roze questioned.
“The Probe Team which you sent to University territory has been captured by the Pirates upon accomplishing their mission.”

“Blast.” Roze cursed. “Well then, it is war unless they return the prisoners or technology and that will not happen.”

Chapter (VIII 3/12) “The Perfect Soldier”
(Spartan Surprise)
--------------------------------------------------

He was created in the Genetic Cloning Vats after the genome was unraveled and the great project was built. He was the man who had been created and his name was- Hercules Terminator. He was named after the two greatest mythological strongmen in history. Both of whom had turned from evil to good.

He had already completed his seven tasks in the trials for demigodhood. This was to be his eighth, he would lead an army to attack the foul University Fusion Soldiers who held Hive lands. He was the Macintosh Man of the 22nd Century. He was the Spartacus of the Spartans and he was the Achillies Heel in the University.

The genetically cloned army traversed the mountains of Hive territory and soon encountered University troops, the Fusion troops were no match for Hercules Terminator and his men. They were routed and Hercules Terminator was said to have roared loud enough so the sky fell down around Morgan Electronics, actually what had really done that was the high levels of pollution and the sky really didn’t come down it was just a momentary failure of the ozone layer.

Chapter VIII 4/12 “Crocodile Rock ”
(Cult and Drones on their Home Turf)
(--------------------------------------------)

“This war is disgusting.” Domani commented as he saw his forces get chewed up by Caretaker troops. “I believe that I am going to be forced to withdraw my forces.”

Cha-Dawn then told him “Never mind, we shall destroy their forces when they meet at the borders of our lands and then we will be able to capture their capitals.

“Yes,” Domani agreed. “I shall withdraw my people.” “Oh,” Domani remembered something “How would feel about having one of their leaders assassinated?” Cha-Dawn looked confused and then smiled and realized what Domani was speaking about. “Ahhh, yes.” he said, “I would agree in full.”

“Well then,” Domani cruelly smiled “I believe this conversation is done.” The vidscreen then went blank and Domani returned to his ruling chair.
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2000, 19:30   #2
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Part VI:

Chapter X "Citizen Zakharov"
(Otherwise Known as the Mystical Chapter)
Decurn 22 Day 6
---------------------------------------------
The old man sat in his bed, dropped a wine glass and uttered the immortal words, “Rosebud”.

But that is not the story I will be talking about. I will be talking about a very different Citizen whose name does not start with “K”, this citizen is named Zakharov and is not really called citizen, he is titled “Academican”, but who really cares anyway.

“What a fine movie.” Zakharov remarked as he walked out of a showing of “Citizen Kane” and headed down towards his expensive stretch-rover.

During his walk there he disappeared.

Hive probe forces dragged Zakharov into a dark alley and pulled out their knives. However, Zakharov who was not easily disturbed decided to punch one of the probe team members in the stomach with a free hand. This did not bode well with the probe team who began to kick and hit him.

Luckily for Zakharov there were only five probe team members and they were quickly immobilized after a woman threw a garbage bag outside of her apartment window. The garbage bag was large and contained several broken blenders and a microwave. The resounding crash when the bag hit the probe members was sickening.

Zakharov, making the best of his situation pulled out one of the probes weapons and quickly dispatched three. He rendered the other two immobile while he went for help.

Chapter X 2/6 “Do You Believe in Magic?”
(New Fusion Units are deployed)

“Ahh…” Chairman Yang commented. “Smell that, it is the air of victory.”
“Yes sir,” the General reported. “The new fusion units will crush anything the Peacekeepers or Gaians have, and with the forces of the Spartans helping us…” Yang finished for him “We will be invincible!”
They then had a hearty laugh whilst observing their forces.

Chapter X 3/6 “What a Night”
(In the Prison of the Pirates)

“You’ll never get away with this.” Bondt drolled out at Ulrik.
“Well,” he began “I believe that I already have. Your feeble Peacekeeper forces do not know of your existence or else they might help you, however,” he angrily turned to Dark Cloud. “Your petty Data Angels are about to be crushed for their lack of reason.”

Ulrik then left them to think of the sure fate that would swallow them whole after Ulrik had no more use for them.

Chapter X 4/6 “Reach for the Stars”
(Disarray)
Morgan News Network Newslink

“The once strong Caretaker forces were easily obliterated by Usurper forces, who, in turn were crushed by the combined strength of the Cult of Planet forces and the Free Drones. The victory was a great one in the history of mankind and likely will be followed up by the Cult and Drones.”
“Morgan himself announced yesterday that he would ‘gladly’ help the Drones in their eradication of the Caretaker scum.”
“Captain Ulrik Svensgaard recently destroyed a large Caretaker sea-port and now claims all of the Caretaker seas as his own. Morgan sees this as monopolistic and thus has declared war on him.”

Chapter X 5/6 “Rollin on the River”
(Reward and Conquest)

“Foreman Domai.” The messenger reported. “We have captured the Caretaker’s base.
“Good.” Domani replied and sent the messenger away. Then he turned to ‘The Jackal’ who had been lurking in the shadows.
“So it seems that you have done well ‘Jackal’, I shall promote you for this, you shall be head of all Free Drone Probes and shall be in charge of infiltrations and assassinations planetwide.

‘The Jackal’ looked disapprovingly at the plan. “Sir,” he began “I am sort of a freelancer and all that I ask is that my name be cleared by your announcing of the person who really killed Lular and ended the alien threat for now.

“Very well then,” Domani responded “it shall.”

Chapter X 6/6 “Seeing is Believing”
(Miriam)

“Miriam.” Her chief advisor began.
“Yes Saons?” She replied bored.
“Miriam, the council is meeting right now.”
“Oh yes.” She sounded downcast.
“Well,”
“Oh yes, I’ll get in there.” She told him “I’ll get in there and do something radical, something interesting, something bold, my life really isn’t worth living if I don’t bring the ‘word’ to more faithful?” She asked, quickly changing from the dictative to the dictated.
“Yes,” she continued “the aliens are ripe for the religion. Ready the armies. We march a dawn.”
“Yes sir.” Saons Daons, her chief advisor began. “But wouldn’t you like to discuss it with the council.”
She then replied. “What do you think this is. A democracy!” She turned malicious in her voice. “Those ‘Usurpers’ who do not care for our religion will die.”

Chapter XI "Casablanca"
(Otherwise Known as the Explanation Chapter)
Decurn 25 Day 2
The Hive probe team members were quickly questioned and disposed of, because if there was one thing which Academian Provost Zakharov did not like, it was probe teams who attempted to kidnap him.

The University forces on the front lines which once advanced so quickly now fell back as the Hive Fusion Rovers and Hercules Terminator’s genetically engineered squad attacked and drove the University forces before them. Those who did not die were scattered and their units shattered.

The Hive’s units quickly recovered over half the territory which had been lost to them. The Spartan forces were recalled within a few decurns of their joining the attack force to deal with the Cyborgs attacking from the north.

Oh, and just so you note, Zakharov was going slowly crazy. Hey, two kidnappings and many attempts to steal his hard-earned research can make a man that way. So don’t be a judge.

Chapter X 2/8 “I Like That Old Time Rock and Roll”
(Caretaker Surrender)

“As the highest ranking Caretaker Representative, I see fit to negotiate an unconditional surrender to the combined might of the Nautilus Pirates, Free Drones, and Morgan Industries. The remaining quarters of Caretaker Lands will be divided as follows.
1. Ten bases in the eastern quadrant will be ceded to Morgan Industries as will 1/3 of our remaining treasury.
2. The north-western bases will be ceded to the Free Drones (Count: 15) They will also receive 1/3 of our treasury.
3. The Nautilus Pirates will receive all 14 seabases and 10 other bases. They will receive 1/3 of our treasury.

Humans, please see it fit in your wisdom to not torture our people, and, perhaps at some time help us destroy the evil Usurpers. Thank you for your time.”
-Caretaker Emaar Dalaa

Chapter X 3/8 “Daydream Believer”
(Usurper Destruction)

REPORT:

The Usurper Garrison forces gave us no trouble and were destroyed. However, the remnants refused to convert to our religion and were systematically destroyed.
There is no living Usurper in the territory that once was True Believer Lands and we are proud of it.
The Usurpers deserved destruction because of their d*mnable pride.
NOTES:

The Cult has proved itself as a wonderous ally in the destruction of Usurper forces as they have killed all the remaining Usurpers in their half of the territory.
The Cyborg Commander has conquered the western regions of Usurper lands and destroyed all but 100,000 of their people, however, the Spartans have pledged their support to destroy the remaining Usurpers. Those despicable Cyborgs will not know what hits them and their disgusting sniveling protected Usurper scum, so, against all reason and authorization I signed a pact with the great Spartans for the duration of this conflict. So together we can quell the spread of the heretic Alien and Cyborg scum.

FROM THE DESK OF SISTER MIRIAM:

“Good work Sister Tira. You did well in that alliance, however you should have contacted me, but I suppose the angels of God spoke to you and told you the right thing to do, so go ahead on your holy crusade.”

Chapter X 4/8 “House of the Rising Sun”
(Hive Progress)
REPORT:

“Peacekeeper territory penetrated. We have forces within 100 km of their capital. We await your orders.”
“ORDERS RECEIVED. Burn UN Planetary Base. CONFIRMED.”

Chapter X 5/8 “96 Tears”
(Hive Progress Hits Home)
(Part I)

“Lal. Lal, honey.” Deidre pleaded. “Lal, can you hear me?”

He responded with a slight wave of his arm. “Well, Lal,” she went on whilst weeping. “They say you should be able to speak in a day or two, but I thought that I might tell you this, there is a tragedy and since your people are leaderless, perhaps I should stand in. Please raise your hand for yes, leave it down for no.” Lal raised his hand. “You won’t regret this.” Deidre told him “UN Planetary Base WILL NOT be taken.”

Lal looked alarmed as he heard this, for, after preliminary work at the DETH hospital, he was transferred to UN Planetary Base, so his people would know that he was all right. He had not heard about the advancing Hive forces and was reasonably surprised. But, he could not ask Deidre exactly what she meant, for she had left the room and he could not yell out.

(Part II)

“Peacekeeping Forces, please hear me.” Deidre began. “Your leader is too sick to coordinate defense for UN Planetary Base. However, he has left me in charge of defense preparations.” That announcement was met with a couple of hurled projectiles and insults too evil to print here.

“Yes, I know that you do not like me very much.” She continued “But, I was not responsible for your leaders wounds, I love him just as much as you do.” This was met with jeers. However, the jeers did not last long as the first Hive unit was sighted by soldiers on the perimeter, the battle had begun.

People rushed right and left looking for a place to hide while the Laser Guards readied themselves for an assault.

Chapter X 6/8 “Help!”
(Data isn’t all It’s Cracked Up To Be)

The Datatech war was not going well. Five units had been lost at sea and meanwhile, it looked like the Pirates had actually ‘gained’ forces and production capacity from the Caretakers. Roze had few options other than to surrender or fight and she sure as he11 wasn’t ready to surrender to that fiend, Ulrik. She had no choice but to ask for help.

No one returned her calls save the Spartans who saw a chance to gain a valuable ally on their way towards world domination. Santiago looked smooth as she told Roze “Of course I would agree to help, if you would cut me on a share of the profits.”

Roze swallowed her pride and replied. “Yes, I would enjoy your help greatly.”

And it was agreed.

Chapter X 7/8 “Born to be Wild”
(No one likes a Petty Pirate)

He was born to be wild. He was strong, suave, and a real draw at dances, he was Captain Ulrik Svensgaard, the man with the irresistible charm. However no amount of charm could get him out of this jam. He was at war with four different factions
The Spartans
The Data Angels
The Morganites
The University

Alone, he could deal with any of them, especially with the new ‘Fusion’ technology, but against all of them he didn’t stand a chance. The Spartans could do him the most damage for now, so he would have to concentrate his attacks on them, for they had many water units now upgraded to Fusion Units after Yang traded tech for their continued help in his war. However, Santiago deceived him and upon receiving the tech declared war on Yang and allied with the University.
Together they were a force to be reckoned with and were pushing Hive units back towards their capital.
So, luckily for Ulrik everyone was otherwise engaged except for the Morganites and Data Angels. The Morganites were no problem, they had no navy and their armed forces were reduced to nothing after the battles with the Hive and Caretakers. The Data Angels never really did have much of a armed force and so they shouldn’t be much to worry about.
Yes, Ulrik thought, I really have no problems, I am just inventing them because I have nothing better to do. And with that he went down his ship- “The Invader’s” hull to tease and torture the captives.

Chapter X 8/8 “I Heard it Through the Grapevine”
(Spartan Reports)

REPORT:

“Item 1. The Cyborg attack was repelled.
Item 2. We have recovered all territory lost to the Cyborgs.
Item 3. Believers report they are within 700 km of the Cyborg capital and have eliminated all Usurper scum who resided within the territory.
Item 4. It seems that Cyborg units are pulling back to defend their capital against a massive attack.”
Lieutenant Zizi-Doka 1st Spartan Fusion Guard, 23rd Army, 2nd Division
Old July 31, 2000, 00:45   #3
DarkCloud
staff

Part V-

Chapter VIII 5/12 “Dance to the Music”
(Gaian Woes)
(--------------------------------------------)

“Deidre.” Santiago began. “Poor, poor, poor little Deidre first he husband-to-be is almost murdered and then she has to go get herself into a petty little war, first with the Hive and second with the University. Poor, poor little Deidre.”

Deidre then became extremely angered and spat out at Santiago “What is your point you old biddy.”

“Well,” Santiago began, seemingly cowed “I would have told you but now you will just have to find out for yourself, oh, never mind, I’m bad at keeping secrets. The fact is, Deidre, I have declared war on you. You will soon see that this is in the best interests of all, for, once Yang and Myself are overlords of all then we will live in a perfect society.

“How… How could you!?” Deidre questioned, largely surprised by the sudden turn of events. Santiago then replied “You see child, some things just have to be.” With that the vidscreen went blank and Deidre was left staring at a blank screen. She suddenly lost her temper and her control and hurled a marble statuette through the screen in a fit of madness. Then she pressed a button and called for her aide. The troops would have to be alerted

Chapter VIII 6/12 “Planet of the Apes”
(Assassination)
------------------------------------------------

“Gun reading. 24.16.302. Target confirmed. Distance 130 yards. Shot accuracy 65%. Movement Percentage? 13%. Revised shot accuracy, 73%. Shooting confirmation. Confirmed.” ‘The Jackal’ readied his laser gun at his shoulder and readied himself to take off a shot at the Caretaker leader, Lular H’minee. With the death of Lular, the Caretaker attack would be fragmented, and would allow the Usurpers to plow through the Caretaker units. However, after the short-lived victory, the Drone and Cult units would sweep down upon the halved army of the Usurpers and destroy all those units which remained. After that, it was just a matter of time before the remaining aliens would be killed or enslaved by victorious Cultists and Drones.

The shot was a clean one. Lular was strung up whilst making a speech, the troops around her were thrown into disarray and began to search for the assailant. But ‘The Jackal’ would not be found, for he could melt away into the night easily and evade the life-sensor readings.

Chapter VIII 7/12 “And the Beat Goes On”
(Morgan Industries Recovered)

Morgan Industries was vacated today as Hive Laser Rover units rolled in and destroyed the main stock exchange. An estimated 1.3 million in private energy credits was stolen by the Hive Rovers, but thanks to the valiant efforts of a one, Judas Perihelion the Hive’s victory was short-lived. For, it seems that Mr. Perihelion had stayed behind in the stock exchange with a couple hundred of other stock-jockeys to protect their holdings.

Mr. Perihelion had acquired a large amount of explosives, and, rather than let the evil Hive forces acquire the energy credits, he blew himself up along with the majority of the energy credits mere minutes after the Hive forces marched into Morgan Industries.

This explosion has allowed the several units of Morganite Plasma Garrison to retake Morgan Industries and reinstall the stock exchange with the memory cards taken moments before the evacuation of the state of the stocks.

It is believed that all Hive units stationed in Morganite territory were destroyed in the explosion except for one Laser Rover which will not last long as CEO Morgan has ordered five Plasma Garrisons to attack the rover. It seems fellow Morganites that we have won the war.

Chapter VIII 8/12 “Down in the Boondocks”
(Hive Forces Defeated)

“Retreat!” Yelled the Hive Laser Rover Commander as they were overwhelmed by four Plasma Garrisons. However his order was ignored and not carried out as there was nowhere to run for the Morganites had surrounded his unit on all sides. However, the commander decided to make the best of a bad situation and had his men fight to the death.

Soon, the inevitable defeat loomed large as with still one unit of Morganite Plasma Garrisons left to fight, and the fact that the unit was fresh as it was a reserve, the Hive forces only retained ten percent of their original numbers.

With that despicable number looming above Hive Laser Rover Commander Juion Junkhan’s head, he called for a truce and negotiated a complete surrender of Hive forces.

Chapter VIII 9/12 “No Particular Place to Go”
(C.Y.B.O.R.G.S.)

“The Cyborg Units swept down out of the north and destroyed Sparta Colony #1, Colonel.” Lieutenant Johns Jackson reported to his superior commander, Colonel Corazon Santiago.

“That mistake will have to be answered for.” Colonel Santiago looked deeply annoyed as she picked up a sharp dagger and admired it.

“Yes sir.” The soldier reported.

“Well, is there anything else Lieutenant?” Santiago asked Johns.

“No, sir, except this, the Cyborg commander issued a challenge, stating that if the price was high enough, Aki would call off the attack.”

“So she wants payment…” Santiago thought “Well, shell get paid, in full, especially when the new genetically soldiers of mine come on line.” Santiago then remembered the Lieutenant and dismissed him with a wave of her hand “You are dismissed.”

He saluted and then exited.

Chapter VIII 10/12 “Good Golly Miss Molly”
(A Disgusted Zakharov)

“So… we have lost fusion tech documents.” Provost Zakharov began.
“Yes sir.” Don Darden replied.
“And these documents, any idea on who has taken them?”
“It seems,” Darden began cautiously “It seems that the Pirates have taken them and are now raiding Caretaker lands with ‘new’ Fusion Rovers and Fusion Guards.
“Well then,” Zakharov dictated “It will be war.”
“Yes sir.” Darden replied and noted the dictation on a piece of paper.

Chapter VIII 11/12 "Listen to the Music”
(A Deal of Epic Proportions)

“So you see, Chairman Yang.” Commander Ulrik Svensgaard began. “You would greatly benefit from the new technology of Fusion.”
“So it would seem.” Yang replied.
“Yes, well the price is ridiculously low as you agree, no?” Ulrik asked
Yang sighed and replied “So it would seem.” He looked pained as he said the next few words “And I so grant you half of my treasury, or 1600 energy credits as it would be.
“Ahh, then it is agreed.” Ulrik looked smug
“It is agreed.” Yang sighed, however he knew that the Fusion technology would be greatly beneficial to his cause.”

Chapter VIII 12/12 “Just One of Life’s Little Tragedies”
(Viva La Revolution!)

‘We ARE FINALLY going to be married.’ Deidre thought longingly, and rightly so as the last attempted marriage ended in the death of one near to both her and her husband-to-be. The death had also postponed their marriage for four decurns.

However her positive thinking was soon interrupted because as soon as she was ready to walk down the aisle she was informed of rioting. “Rioting?” she asked and the messenger who had told her replied “Yes, you heard me right, the people seem to think you should not marry Lal. They seem to think he kills mindworms for sport and destroys Planet as we speak.”

“But, but,” Deidre replied. “He does none of those things, who could have planted such lies.”
“I believe, mistress.” The messenger replied “That you would be best advised to put off the wedding until such a time as there is no rioting.” “NO!” Deidre screamed “THE WEDDING WILL GO ON!” “Yes, ma’am” The messenger replied and exited out of the tent bowing to Deidre in respect.

Deidre’s mouth quivered for a few moments, but she soon regained composure of herself and headed toward the marriage podium. She was soon met by Lal and together they strode towards the podium.

The marriage went off without a hitch, however, after the marriage the affair was greatly changed for an assassins bullet found its way towards Lal, causing him to bowl over in a pool of blood.

The assassin was easily apprehended and when questioned replied that he was doing it for the good of the state and that Deidre had been ‘infected’ with evil longings for a polluting fiend by the devil himself. Deidre ordered the man killed.

Lal was placed in a hospital to recover, the hospital was the best in the region, it was the DETH (Doctors Educational Training Hospital) and was reputed to be as good as the MAYO institute was back on Earth, however, the doctors replied when asked that Lal was unlikely to be fully recovered for twenty decurns at the least. Deidre wept at his bedside.

Chapter IX "Best of the Summer Wine"
(Otherwise Known as the 9th Chapter)
Decurn 22 Day 6
“Yang and his wife” –A humorous story in an otherwise unhumorous post (yeah right)

“But Elissa, I absolutely have to go to that conference today!” Yang began, harassed by his wife.
“No going mister all-important Chancellor you and I have some interior decorating to do today. “
“But,” “No buts.” His wife told him and shooed him into their rover with her and announced

“Chauffeur, take us both to Yang’s Lowes Home Builders Emporium and step on it, Councilman Yang here has an important meeting to go to.”
“Right on, Miss. Yang.” The chauffeur replied.

When they arrived at the Builders Emporium Elissa Yang hurried Shen-Ji from aisle to aisle selecting cloth for the windows and linoleum for the flooring. (Yes, even the Councilman was still poor enough to only be able to afford linoleum, despite several floating accusations…)
“How about this color?” His wife asked, to which he replied “Well,”
“What!” She said gravely “What is wrong with it.” “Well, he said, I just don’t really approve of it, its too bold really.” She then rebutted him with, “so are you saying that you don’t approve of my judgement?”

“No, No, it’s not like that.” Yang told her soothingly and she broke into crying. “Oh, very well, you can have the linoleum.” He conceded. At that she fell into thanking him and proceeded to buy every last wrap of linoleum in the shop.

Yang ordered the death of the shopping checker because of lack of speed, but was still 45 minutes late to his war council meeting.
Old August 10, 2000, 15:56   #4
DarkCloud
staff

CHAPTER XII
THIS MAGIC MOMENT
Decurn 27 Day 4
-------------------------------------------------------------

(Part I)

“Aki.” The voice began. “Your forces have been destroyed and now you will be tortured.”
“No.” Aki-Zeta Five, former leader of the Cyborg Coalition and now prisoner of Colonel Corazon Santiago whispered before receiving an electrical shock.

The Cyborg Coalition was shattered and destroyed by the combined forces of the Believers and Spartans. At least that was the popular belief. However, something unexpected had happened.

(Part II) History Report

The people hid in the caverns. They were hunted. They were Cyborgs and Usurpers. They had lost their leaders. They would rebuild. And yet they waited.
(Taken from “Rebuilding vol.1 By Yoarg Usurper)

Cyborg Reunion was founded and the forces began to rebuild immediately after the destruction of the Cyborg bases. This new faction of combined Usurpers and Cyborgs would become the greatest of all on Planet, however, it would take time.
(Taken from “Rebuilding vol.1” By Yoarg Usurper)

The Gaians were contacted immediatley following Aki’s fall by the new leader of Cyborg Reunion Ar-Ze Two. Deidre agreed to help them and sent probes to free Aki. The probes succeeded and Aki became a fugitive on the run from all except the Gaians and her own people, whom she rejoined a decurn later. (Taken from “My Freedom” By Aki-Zeta Five)

-Junior Researcher Juan Don Diego of the University 2405 “Thesis Notes”

Chapter X 2/5 “12 O’Clock High”
(Yang’s Folly)

“What a fool was I.” Yang writes in his journal. “What a fool was I to trust those da#*(# Spartans! They betrayed me and joined the University and destroyed me. In a few minutes their forces will reach the gates of The Hive and I will go quietly to Spartan dungeons to join other war prisoners. I will not kill myself, for I hope that one day I will rise to great power once again. It will just be a matter of time….” Journal ends.

-Head Historian Elvis Techaam’s findings from Yang’s secret journals can be found in the books. “I am.” (2186) and “I was.” (2188) in most University Public Libraries.

Chapter X 3/5 “Lethal Weapon”
(New Leaders)

“… With the capture of The Hive by University and Spartan forces, the backbone of the Human Hive was shattered. After Yang’s capture two new factions appeared.

A robot, Z-1, took control of all of the industrial bases and began a period of ‘purges’ to make to land pure of all those traitors and people who do not work hard. He also campaigned to create a streamlined factory work system. This system allowed, ‘The Skynet’ to survive destruction at the forces of the Spartans and University. However, ‘The Skynet’ was forced to call off the siege of UN Headquarters so as to be able to defend its own borders.

An advisor of Yang, Hiroshima Matsamura seized control of all the Hives scientific bases and founded the Learning Federation which was based on the principles of the power of Spies and Research. This ‘Learning Federation’, because of it’s kindred journey along the path of knowledge, caused our great Academian Provost Zakharov to declare peace with the Learning Federation, and, eventually became allies.

However, the Spartans persisted in their war campaign against the Learning Federation, and so, we declared war upon them.

-Historian James Zoibnov, “School Thesis on the History of Our Relationship with the Learning Federation” -2178

Chapter X 4/5 “You’re Making Me Dizzy”
(Conference)
Datanotes on The Learning Federation Conference of 2145

“We MUST make peace with the Gaians and Peacekeepers, Zakharov, otherwise we will be destroyed.” Head Technician Elan Gabor began. “We already have Sparta and Skynet breathing down our necks, and it is especially bad now that they have allied!”

“Very Well,” the Academeian responded “It shall be.”

“Thank you, thank you, thank you very much.” Gabor responded worshipfully. Then the conference continued.

Chapter X 5/5 “The Pirates of Penzance”
(Just a note)

The Pirates forces attacked the University off the shore and lost a major battle. This prompted Ulrik to offer peace which was refused.

Meanwhile, the Spartans offered an alliance which was gladly accepted by Ulrik. The Spartans, who had recently allied with Skynet, seeing their production power now had three allies and decided to play them off on the other nations.

Santiago took charge of all the nations and named an alliance between all four, Spartans, Believers, Pirates, and Skynet, she called her alliance the NATO, or North Artic Territory Organization which would destroy all the other nations.

This did not bode well with the other factions who all declared war on NATO. But, NATO reigned supreme as the Cult and Drones were exhausted after their last war and the Morganites and Data Angels had no standing armies. The Cyborgs/Usurpers were not known to exist and, The Learning Federation was almost completely destroyed as were the Peacekeepers and Gaians. So the only natural foe for NATO was the University.

NATO thus coordinated their attack plans on the University.

[This message has been edited by DarkCloud (edited August 10, 2000).]
Old August 12, 2000, 22:05   #5
DarkCloud
staff

Chapter XIII "In the Woodwork"
(Otherwise known as the ‘other’ chapter)
Decurn 32 Day 2
--------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Lal,

It is good to hear that you have partially recovered. It is with good intent that I, Academian Prokhor Zakharov greet you.

I have a great proposal to submit to you and your new wife Deidre, Queen of the Gaians, or whatever she likes to call it. This proposal would call for all of us to unite against those evil foes, The Spartans and their allies, all of NATO.

I have submitted similar proposals to the Cult, Drones, Learning Federation, Angels and Morgans. Together we shall hold off this bitter assault on our countries.

I have also issued a formal apology to both of your countries. It has been seen that now you have been sufficiently weakened you can continue on your ways without becoming too powerful and being gripped with a notion such as that which has gripped that fiend Santiago. But, I digress.

So, please find it in your heart to unite with us in a battle against that evil #*#( Santiago. Thank You.

-Academian Prokhor Zakharov

Chapter X 2/7 “Twisting the Night Away”
(NAFTA)

The North Artic Free Territories Association was hence created. This association with the countries of the University, Learning Federation, Peacekeepers, Gaians, Cult, Drones, Data Angels, and Morganites would go on to complete great things in the future, but for now they had to deal with the evil organization, NATO.
-History of an Organization (by Dr. Ian Storm [2198])

Chapter X 3/7 “Yellow Submarine”
(Yellow)

Synthmetal Discovered by University Scientists!
This discovery could prove invaluable in the fight against NATO tyranny as the University has shared this knowledge with all other members of the NAFTA alliance.
The petty NATO members will be crushed.

Pirates Repelled! The Nautilus Pirates were repelled from University Soil yesterday by a daring group of University Fusion Rovers. If this activity keeps up we should win the war in a few years, until then War Profiteers will be profitable people for years to come.

Chapter X 4/7 “Willpower”
(NATO Squabbles)

“No!” Santiago protested “As chairman of this organization I should be the ONLY one making decisions.”

Sister Miriam Countered “Not so Santiago. The Lord, who speaks through me, is the only one fit enough to make the decisions.”
Ulrik snorted after hearing that proclamation while Z-1 voiced his disapproval “Miriam-Not-Efficient-Or-True-Leader. Santiago-Worthy-But-Not-Efficient. Only-Logical-Choice-Me.”

“No.” Santiago paused, “You elected me.”
“Perhaps-Time-For-New-Leader-Is-Now?” Z-1 responded as the NATO council broke up into squabbles amongst the members.

The meeting was then broken up by a smart-looking military officer who carried a message. He read it aloud. “Reinforcements needed at Cult border STOP Cultists proving harder to exterminated than originally planned STOP University forces retreating, but Pirates pushed off Isthmus STOP Peackeepers/Gaians defending land STOP To sum it up, reinforcements are needed at Peackeeper/Gaian fronts, Cultist, and University fronts STOP.”

The squabbles quickly resolved themselves as the leaders began work on a plan.

[This message has been edited by DarkCloud (edited August 12, 2000).]
Old September 18, 2000, 00:32   #6
DarkCloud
staff

(Bumping this up...)

-D.C. (Dark Cloud)