Old May 8, 2003, 19:14   #31
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Great! Welcome ET!

Have a nice sunshine day!
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2003, 23:41   #32
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 20:30
*Signed*
Jon Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2003, 05:03   #33
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

HAHA

We got the Tripster?!

He will be the Sunshiniest of them to be!

The sun never sets on Team Sunshine!

Have a nice sunshiny day!
Old May 10, 2003, 02:33   #34
BigFree
Deity

Team Sunshine now has it's own channel for chats on the irc network.

As DALnet was unstable for a lot of people and Undernet has been found to be more stable, plese now connect to the undernet server. I'm using:

LosAngeles.CA.US.Undernet.Org

It is great so far. We can use this till Apolyton's own server gets back on-line.

PM me if you are on Team Sunshine and I will give you the channel and password for it.

Have a nice Sunshine day!
Old May 10, 2003, 03:04   #35
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 18:30
COUNT TRIPULA IS WITH US!!!!

we must make him the most sunshiny member of them all!!!

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Master Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2003, 04:39   #36
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:30
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
COUNT TRIPULA IS WITH US!!!!

we must make him the most sunshiny member of them all!!!
I thought that vampires turn to stone when they become exposed to sunlight.
- Phantom of the Opera
Shiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2003, 02:23   #37
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 16:30
Well I am writing a "love" letter and my comrades in Team Sunshine have helped out. They suggested I should post it here to show what Team Sunshine is all about.

Behold!

Quote:
"Dear Red 1999 Toyota Tacoma,You might have seen me around the parking lot, but I don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting yet. Allow me to introduce myself: I'm a blackberry 2000 Saturn SC2. I'm positive that my owner knows your owner! However, I can't believe that he didn't introuduce us. Don't tell him that I wrote this, as he'll probably be jealous or even embarrased!!"

"I think Dave likes you more than he likes me, so I just had to write this letter. I don't blame how he feels though. I mean you have a V6, 4WD and an extended cab. 4WD! How I long to go offroading, but my little wheels would never take it. Besides, what kind of geologist drives a dinky little 'sports; car?"

"We should try to work out some type of owner-vehicle exchange program. Your owner can have Dave and in return, I get you! I think it's a great deal for you, especially since I look way better than Dave does! Not to mention that Dave lacks airconditioning, while I can keep you cool. Plus, I have a stereo, so I can set those romantic moments between us. You've never had the misfortune of hearing Dave sing. . . I think Joanna is getting the short end of this deal, but we won't tell her!"

"I hope you are interested in slightly older vehicles. Maybe we'll be able to work something out. I hope to see you again! Until we meet again..."

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
WhiteBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2003, 02:27   #38
BigFree
Deity

Absolutely terrific! Way to go!

Old May 15, 2003, 01:15   #39
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 19:30
let me ask you guys something. How do you plan to win the game, if at all?
eventually, you're gonna have to be mean to someone in order to win.

Also will you guys not cut down forests, since we care greatly about deforestation? If u would be kind enough to leave the trees alone, you would be being nice to our team
Old May 15, 2003, 05:08   #40
BigFree
Deity

You see, if you aren't with us, then you are against us. And as we are for "Happiness throughout the World", those that do not choose the "Happy Ways" will be shown how to do so by our Team.

If we have to use force to take over your cities to show them how "happy" they really could be, then will we do it; we'll be as pleasant as possble about it, but it will be a task that needs to be done.

Sunshine shall reign supreme in the World; no sad faces are allowed, no repressed unhappy people shall go unnoticed, for Team Sunshine will show them the rays of the Sun!

Old May 15, 2003, 11:09   #41
Thirgaral
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG2 Sunshine
Warlord

Local Time: 01:30
Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
You see, if you aren't with us, then you are against us. And as we are for "Happiness throughout the World", those that do not choose the "Happy Ways" will be shown how to do so by our Team.

If we have to use force to take over your cities to show them how "happy" they really could be, then will we do it; we'll be as pleasant as possble about it, but it will be a task that needs to be done.

Sunshine shall reign supreme in the World; no sad faces are allowed, no repressed unhappy people shall go unnoticed, for Team Sunshine will show them the rays of the Sun!

yes...and no forests, they blockade the sunshine.....

Thirgaral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2003, 15:18   #42
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Whoa whoa whoa, hold on ... I don't think we should enforce happiness! You can't make people be happy! We can show them the true ways of peace, love, and sunshine and if they choose their own ways, we should respect that.

Of course, if some of their people in their outlying cities call out and embrace our happy ways, we should listen and welcome in those cities.

As for the forests, I think we should respect the trees and happy forest animals and not cut down their homes. If Team Monkey is near us and they request that we respect the trees, I think that Team Sunshine will be happy to make them happy by going along with their request.

Militant Happiness = Bad.
True Love and Happiness = Good.

We will win via Culture or UN vote.

Have a nice Sunshine Day

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Togas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2003, 16:15   #43
Thirgaral
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Togas
Whoa whoa whoa, hold on ... I don't think we should enforce happiness! You can't make people be happy! We can show them the true ways of peace, love, and sunshine and if they choose their own ways, we should respect that.

Of course, if some of their people in their outlying cities call out and embrace our happy ways, we should listen and welcome in those cities.

As for the forests, I think we should respect the trees and happy forest animals and not cut down their homes. If Team Monkey is near us and they request that we respect the trees, I think that Team Sunshine will be happy to make them happy by going along with their request.

Have a nice Sunshine Day

--Togas
But what are we to do if their people is living in an unhappy, rainy despotism and their only hope is to be liberated by us??(Team Puritan)...besides, we are still rational and know that Team Puritan will attack us as soon as they have a chance.

Yes, they're welcome to our happy lands...

They can't be happy without the sunshine, can they?? Weird people...

Hapiness caused by sunshine = also good.

What about spaceship victory then??? Doesn't space just make you SO happy? And I've heard the sun is very shiny out there too.

have a sunshine day
Old May 15, 2003, 18:02   #44
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Maybe our spaceship can find new and exciting happy worlds with more than one sun! That way there will be double or even triple the sunshinyness!! I say we go for it, go for the stars.

BTW, I don't think we need to spread happyness by force. The other teams have met Mr. Happy. They do not want to make Mr. Happy mad.

have a sunshine day

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old May 15, 2003, 18:03   #45
Master Zen
Deity

Hmmm.... my avatar does not look very sunshiny...

Old May 15, 2003, 19:22   #46
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:

Have a nice Sunshine Day

--Togas
okay... before this post, I was a bit scared of people fanatacizing about happiness.....

Thanks Togas. Knowing that you guys would be willing to respect nature is good to hear. We wont be completely unreasonable though. Deforestation dispute is gonna play a large crucial role in our diplomacy (just as much as how territory disupte was in ptw1)
Old May 15, 2003, 23:37   #47
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I can't believe I didn't mention Spaceship! We can have a joyous time spreading love and positive attitudes to people ALL OVER THE GALAXY!

What an absolutely wonderfully happy idea!

Plus, you get TONS of sunshine out there in a spaceship. That may be the way to go if we don't win first by UN or Culture

Have a nice sunshine day!

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old May 16, 2003, 02:01   #48
BigFree
Deity

Togas, you have my point a little wrong.

It would only be the other Civ's government we'd be using force on, not the citizens. If other governments aren't allowing their people to be as Happy as our citizens are then we have to do something about that other Civ's governement. If they decide to put troops in their cities when we come to promote peace, love and happiness to that city, then we must act accordingly by removing said troops and immediately institute a code of "Happiness" in that city.

If needed we shall carry on to each other city in which that Civ is repressing "Happiness" for as long as that Civ's government doesn't see our Happy ways!

We'd be doing for the good of the citizens who live in these cities. We want all people on the World to live a Happy life, do we not?

There are many ways to ensure that the World will be a Happy place, sometimes force will be neccessary. It is a 'sad' thing to have to use force, but the alternative is worse, which would be to let the other people in the World to not experience what true joy is; the kind of joy only Team Sunshine experience would bring them!

Old May 16, 2003, 09:19   #49
Zero
King

Quote:

There are many ways to ensure that the World will be a Happy place, sometimes force will be neccessary. It is a 'sad' thing to have to use force, but the alternative is worse, which would be to let the other people in the World to not experience what true joy is; the kind of joy only Team Sunshine experience would bring them!

yeah but u guys are supposed to be an idealist, not practical.
Old May 16, 2003, 14:08   #50
Togas
Emperor

Quote:

Wow. We've got some radical happy people on this team

While I disagree with your more radical approach I must accept it as equally valid to my more peaceful approach as the tenets of my own absurd Happy delusions tell me that all people and all ideas are equal under the sun.

I just hope that in a world with so many different ideas that everyone can ultimately find their own way to be happy. That's something I think we all can agree on

--Togas
Old May 16, 2003, 15:04   #51
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Quote:
There are many ways to ensure that the World will be a Happy place, sometimes force will be neccessary. It is a 'sad' thing to have to use force, but the alternative is worse[...]
Like if someone is standing in your way, fronting you and blocking out the sunshine, and you've asked them politely to get out of the way, but they won't, and then you told them with a nauseatingly-calm composure that they would make a better door than a window and they still don't get the picture, sometimes, if you use a large enough caliber round, their torso can be turned into a window so you can both enjoy the sunshine together...

That may be spam, but at least its grammatically incorrect
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi
ruby_maser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2003, 16:20   #52
Master Zen
Deity

actually I think its even more politically incorrect, considering the nature of our team

have a sunshine day

Old May 17, 2003, 02:45   #53
Zero
King

this team is sounding more and more scarier..

(Did you know that chimps smile when they are afraid? )

Well now u scared the bezejus out of me, hope me smiling is enough to pass as being "happy"

-Mo Pan Poingdae
Old May 27, 2003, 15:20   #54
Thirgaral
Warlord

This thread seems dead...(maybe you guys are caught in bad weather?), so I'll just add some sunshine to it and see what happens

Old May 27, 2003, 19:34   #55
Master Zen
Deity

the entire PTWDG II seems to be dead...

I guess it is the weather...

Old May 28, 2003, 05:50   #56
BigFree
Deity

Time to decide on a leader and an icon.

I volunteer to lead the team, at least temporarily, while the game is being set-up. We'd of course have an election to determine a leader later when we have our own forum to do so in privacy.

I also made some icons that we could use. These are just variations of Mr Happy with shades on.

1 2 3 4
Old May 28, 2003, 11:38   #57
Thirgaral
Warlord

I'm fine with any of you guys as leader...

And I think that icon nr1 is the best
...but...is the background supposed to be pink?

have a sunshine day
Old May 28, 2003, 11:57   #58
Thirgaral
Warlord

I edited your first smilie, this looks even better IMHO:

Not a big difference but it needed a little more sunshinyness

have a sunshine day
Old May 29, 2003, 02:07   #59
Togas
Emperor

I'll back BigFree as our leader. Yay! Wooo Hooo! Horray!

Let's enLIGHTen the world with our happiness!

--Togas
Old June 2, 2003, 12:19   #60
Zcylen
PtWDG2 Latin LoversSpanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 00:30
Quote:
I can't believe I didn't mention Spaceship! We can have a joyous time spreading love and positive attitudes to people ALL OVER THE GALAXY!
now that you mention it, there's a Guy (Nekki Basara) who spreads love and sunshine by singing though the Galaxy and he looks just like you!!! (your avatar)

have a sunshine day!

Soy del Clan de las Mnemosinidas y significa buscador de recuerdos...
Zcylen is offline   Reply With Quote