Old July 27, 2000, 13:33   #1
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 05:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Comments on University Saga
Well, it seems customary to initiate a Comments thread in this board, so here I post an invite for all readers of University Saga to post their comments.
I thank you for reading University Saga and hope you have enjoyed it.
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 2000, 22:44   #2
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 22:30
Local Date: October 30, 2010
DC:

A tough read from the screen, or even printed as is.

After I copied and pasted into word, then tidied up the format (paragraph spacing, new speakers starting on a fresh line, etc) I was able to read it and really appreciate it.

You got me sniggering many times with quite a few LOL's.

So if there's more to come, my only (picky, I know) plea would be to give us easier-to-read formatting.

Googlie
Googlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28, 2000, 15:00   #3
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Sorry about the formatting, I will do my best to fix it. Right now I put in some Bold Tags to make the chapter headings stand out better. I also corrected some basic spelling mistakes such as my misspelling of Peacekeepers.
Well, thanks for reading University Saga, the second edition comes out today- "Universite Graffiti" I hope you enjoy it.
-DC

P.S. About when should I start a second post for my story?
[This message has been edited by DarkCloud (edited July 28, 2000).]
Old July 28, 2000, 21:28   #4
DarkCloud
staff

Well, I have the seventh chapter posted for all those who care to read it.
Since it got censored the joke is kind of worthless but if you ever saw spaceballs then you will probably realize what the joke Zakharov was making is.
That whole chaper was a tribute to Spaceballs and The Pink Panther, Major ******* acted a lot like Inspector Dreyfus when he went crazy.

P.S. So how long does my story have to be to post in a second box?
Thanks for reading my story and if you have could you please post so here that you have.
Thanks!
Old July 28, 2000, 21:52   #5
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 22:30
Local Date: October 30, 2010
DC:

If I understood you correctly, after 49 posts (regardless of length) the Forum automatically opens a page 2, then after another 49, a page 3, etc.

After five pages, loading becomes a drag, so most of the serialized authors open a (continued) thread.

Did I understand correctly?

(And kudos, too for the #s 2 and 3 posts - much easier to follow. And there are many conventions for beating the censor. $ for s, ! for i, and so on)

Googlie
Googlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28, 2000, 21:57   #6
DarkCloud
staff

Okay you understood me correctly and I might go back and edit that post to make the joke understandable. Thanks.
Old July 29, 2000, 16:26   #7
DarkCloud
staff

Well I decided to start a second post starting with the seventh chapter so the page would not take too long to load. This will probably be the last update for a while but don't worry, the story will be completed.

I also decided to give up trying to put tabs in my story and instead of tabs I left a space between the chapters for easier reading.

Hope you enjoy the story.

-Dark Cloud
Old July 30, 2000, 19:41   #8
DarkCloud
staff

Here's the diplomatic status of the University Saga world:

Peacekeepers-Hive WAR
Gaians-Hive WAR
Data Angels-Hive WAR
University-Hive WAR
Cyborgs-Hive WAR
Spartans-Hive WAR
Morganites-Hive WAR

University-Peacekeepers WAR
University-Pirates WAR
University-Hive WAR
University-Gaians WAR
University-Data Angels DATA ANGELS PRACTICING COVERT OPS

Pirates-Morgan WAR
Pirates-University WAR

Spartan-Hive WAR
Spartan-Cyborg WAR
Spartan-Pirates WAR
Spartan-University ALLIED
Spartan-Believers ALLIED

Cult-Drones ALLIED

Believers-Cyborg WAR
Believers-Sparta ALLIED

Peacekeepers-Gaia ALLIED
Old August 10, 2000, 15:52   #9
DarkCloud
staff

Hello. And thank you. Could all of you who have read even some of the University Saga post that you have done so here?
Thanks.

Please don't be intimidated by its length, you can jump in at almost any chapter and easily find out what is going on.

-DC
Old September 18, 2000, 00:29   #10
DarkCloud
staff

Could all who actually read University Saga post that they did so here, I would like to continue it but if there is no interest then there is no point.

*sigh.*
Old September 21, 2000, 10:31   #11
[LordLMP]

i just read and i love it it funny and fun seeing all the factions and new ones preparing for the apocalypse, hehe.

sure the story is a bit unconventional with the death of some leaders and the creation of non-game factions and so on, but its cool anyway

-LordLMP
Old September 21, 2000, 18:25   #12
DarkCloud
staff

Well, thank you for your interest: However no leaders are dead, yet, except for the Caretaker and Usurper leaders.

-The leaders are merely waiting in jail cells in reserve.