FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 00:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
PTWDG II - Team "Cake or Death?"
TEAM NAME: Cake or Death?

THEME: Eddie Izzard

PHILOSOPHY: Making jokes is the first goal of the team, winning the game is about sixth ..... and the Duck was ninth.
In terms of actually playing the game, we're gonna be very relaxed about it, obviously. It'll be more like a succession game than a demogame from our point of view. No structured government style, any player can play the turns (we'll try to rotate it, depending on who has free time).
The current plan is to play as the English civ.

MEMBERS:
FrustratedPoet
Arrian
alva
Big Crunch
Theseus
Ixnay
Shiber
Jamski

If I've forgotten anyone I apologise profusely - let me know if I've missed you out of the list.

If you want to join the team then please post in this thread to let us know. New members gratefully received. The only requirement is that you demonstrate a love for Eddie Izzard in your application.

Last edited by FrustratedPoet; June 3, 2003 at 17:35.
FrustratedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2003, 03:46   #2
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
"Cake or death?"

"Eh, cake please."

"Very well! Give him cake!"

"Oh, thanks very much. It's very nice."

"You! Cake or death?"

“Uh, cake for me, too, please."

"Very well! Give him cake, too! We're gonna run out of cake at this rate. You! Cake or death?"

"Uh, death, please. No, cake! Cake! Cake, sorry. Sorry..."

"You said death first, uh-uh, death first!"

"Well, I meant cake!"

"Oh, all right. You're lucky I'm Church of England!" Cake or death?"

"Uh, cake please."

"Well, we're out of cake! We only had three bits and we didn't expect such a rush. So what do you want?"

"Well, so my choice is 'or death’? I’ll have the chicken then, please.

“Taste of human, sir. Would you like a white wine? There you go, thank you very much.”

“ Thank you for flying Church of England, cake or death?"
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	eddieizzard2-paper.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	43691  
Old May 1, 2003, 09:19   #3
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 20:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Ooh-eee-ooh-eee, THOOM!

Wanna rack 'o baby?

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Arrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2003, 16:14   #4
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 02:33
Idea for an in-team competition:
If you're able to post with an actual Izzard quote(public00 or private forum) you get a point, the one with the most points gets absolutely nothing

(Not that I have any doubt on who will win this )
alva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2003, 16:41   #5
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

"Because the Church of England had a lack of principles for a long time, it's hard to get worked up about anything. I mean, it's hard to be headstrong about things. You can't say 'you must have tea & cake with the Vicar or you DIE!' You can't have extreme points of view. Tea and cake or death! Students with beards - 'Tea and Cake or death, Tea and Cake or death, little red cookbook, little red cookbook!'"

Ok, that's from memory. Now, because I'm insane, I'm going to go check the transcript and see how close I am.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old May 1, 2003, 16:44   #6
Arrian
Deity

Wow, not even close. My memory cut out the whole bit about Islamic jihads (I find that part slightly creepy nowadays, by the way) and the torture.

Quote:
Because the Anglican faith had a lack of principles for a long time. You can't get really headstrong about it. You can't say, you know, like the Islamic jihads that we hear bout. We get scared about those Islamic jihads. I think we do assume that everyone who is into the Islamic religion is having a jihad every other bloody day. There's a lot of very relaxed Islamic people, and we got to understand - remember, this is very important - and we do assume that jihads are just like, you know, everyday three jihads are issued by every individual. It just seems they're everywhere . "The fruit shop shortchanged me! A ****ing jihad on them!" Bump into someone, say,

"Hey! A ****ing jihad on you!"

"How many jihads have you got going now, Dad?"

"Well, 24. God, it's difficult to keep up with them!"

I just don't think that's happening. But you can't do that in Church of England, you can't say, "You must have tea and cake with the Vicar, or you die!" You can't have extreme points of view, you know. The Spanish Inquisition wouldn't have worked with Church of England.

"Talk! Will you talk!"

"But it hurts!"

"Well, loosen it up a bit, will you? Fine..."

‘Cause that's what it would be. "Tea and cake or death? Tea and cake or death? Tea and cake or death!" Students with beards, ( mimes demonstrating with picket signs ) "Tea and cake or death! Tea and cake or death! Little Red Cookbook! Little Red Cookbook!"
-Arrian

Old May 1, 2003, 21:48   #7
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 19:33
I would join this team only if I didnt want to start my Team monkey.
Old May 1, 2003, 22:02   #8
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Earth to Arrian... Earth to Arrian... Come in please... (only static in response )
Old May 1, 2003, 22:13   #9
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

We all receive Arrian A-ok here, thank you very much
Old May 2, 2003, 04:26   #10
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound
Earth to Arrian... Earth to Arrian... Come in please... (only static in response )
*static*...... *more static*

"Hello, Swindon, I am here. Swindon, can you hear me?"
Old May 2, 2003, 04:51   #11
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I am a particularly evil giraffe, I'm sure the team could use one of those Yeah, count me in, if only for the amusement value of reading this thread.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2003, 05:00   #12
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

"I'm an evil herbivore ... AHAHAHA! I shall eat all the leaves on this tree, I shall eat more leaves than I should - then other giraffes may die. AHAHAHA! I shall hide berries where no-one can see them."

You're in!
Old May 2, 2003, 05:08   #13
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Yippeeeee!

I even get the real quote as a reward. You must be getting these (and the other quotes) from a transcript though? Or should I be really scared by what you have stored in your memory?

-Jam
Old May 2, 2003, 05:13   #14
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

I quoted that one from memory, but THIS SITE has the transcripts to three of Eddie's shows.

/me checks with the transcipt "y, know ... fer accuracy"
Old May 2, 2003, 05:15   #15
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

text from transcipt:
Quote:
“I will eat all the leaves on this tree. (mimes eating leaves) I will eat more leaves than I should… and then other giraffes may die. (evil chuckle) I am an evil herbivore!” (mimes the giraffe walk) It’s very difficult to be evil. “I will hide berries where no one can see them.” (evil chuckle)
hmm, I left out the miming references on purpose so I guess I got it about 80% right. I put the 'evil herbivore' bit in the wrong place and forgot thee 'it's very difficult...' bit.

God I'm sad.
Old May 2, 2003, 05:17   #16
Jamski
Deity

And then he goes on to Noah talking to the ducks...

-Jam
Old May 2, 2003, 05:21   #17
Jamski
Deity

And there’s others like taxidermist! You can’t just go, “Oh, I was just working at the chip shop, and I just started stuffing animals with sand,” you know? You’ve gotta want to be! “I want to be a taxidermist! I wanna fill animals with sand. (mimes stuffing an animal) I wanna get more sand into an animal than anybody has ever bloody got in one. I wanna fill a rat with the entire Gobi Desert, so it’s really quite tight.”

They should put more things in, not just sand, that gets boring. “Porridge, I’m doing this one with porridge!” (mimes stapling the stuffed animal shut) Staple gun…

“I’ve done your dog, it’s is finished. I filled it with porridge.” (flop)

“It’s a bit floppy…”

“Yeah, that’s porridge to you, you know? You’ve got a two-level effect.”

“I’ve got nine-level effect.”

“Yeah, I’ve done your cat – he’s with helium.” (mimes holding the cat as a balloon over his head)

“It’s a bit high up…”

“Yeah, that’s helium, friend. There’s no height restriction.” (mimes pulling on string) “Here.” (lets go of string and catches it again) “If you grab it, you’ve got two controls.”

“Oh,yeah, I see it!”

And the cat is going (mimes balloon losing air), with that fixed expression…

Picasso, he should have been a taxidermist!

“I’ve done your dog. It’s got nine eyes down the side, I made his head all square, 15 legs. What do you think of that?”

“Fido looks a bit weird.”

That's my all time favorite one.

-Jam
Old May 2, 2003, 08:43   #18
Arrian
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

*static*...... *more static*

"Hello, Swindon, I am here. Swindon, can you hear me?"

I'm not quite at the moon yet, but I can see right over the houses!

-Arrian

Old May 2, 2003, 09:32   #19
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 01:33
If we are the Romans we could have Mr Dog as our leader name.
Old May 2, 2003, 11:08   #20
Arrian
Deity

Or the Emperor Fabulous, or perhaps Fabulous II, or even Really Interesting Guy.

We are leaning towards being the English, but Rome is another good option.

-Arrian

Old May 2, 2003, 11:34   #21
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

If the game would ever get to the modern age, and the team would actually survive until then, we absolutely must build the Internet wonder so we could wipe it out.
- Phantom of the Opera
Shiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2003, 21:52   #22
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
So I'm at this business conference, and one of the speakers is talking about "personal branding."

And she says something like:

"Now, let's talk about first impressions. There have been studies on this at Harvard... what do you think counts the most? Well, it's about 90% how you look and sound, and 10% what you actually say."

I and a couple of Brits in the audience fell down laughing.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Theseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2003, 06:00   #23
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Old May 5, 2003, 06:52   #24
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

-> your new avatar FP!
- Phantom of the Opera
Old May 5, 2003, 18:46   #25
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 19:33
Ive been thinking about using stewey as avatar myself..

Except the pic is in "3D".

Also, you guys dont seem to have an ingame policy. Being an all out sarcastic joking making team is great and all, but what are you gonna do differently in game? Other teams have policies that affect game play.. are you guys gonna abandon a city for the hell of it? Declare war on your neighbors just to psych them out?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	stewieprofile.gif
Views:	189
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	44166  
Old May 5, 2003, 18:53   #26
alva
Deity

If we're to be Germans, we are gonna build up an empire and f* it all away loosing a war..
As the japanese we're gonna wait until we can declare war on the the biggest super power out there, and if we end up on a peninsula we're gonna build and build and build up...
-
Old May 5, 2003, 18:55   #27
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

If we play the French, we want to attack someone across tundra...
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Old May 5, 2003, 23:25   #28
Shiber
Emperor

"Brrrr, it's a bit cold, it's a bit cold..."
We could do the same as the Germans: "Ooh, I've got another idea, I have another idea. Brrrr, it's the same idea, it's the same idea..."
As the Zulus (which is not quite the Cambodians but as close as you get in Civ3PTW), we can poprush a lot thus "killing our own people", and everyone else would say "good, we've been trying to kill you ourselves for ages".
- Phantom of the Opera
Old May 5, 2003, 23:38   #29
Theseus
Emperor

Death death death death death... LUNCH... death death death.

Sorta like GS and Vox.

Old May 5, 2003, 23:38   #30
Theseus
Emperor

Just don;t go into that guy's house!!