Old May 9, 2003, 23:55   #31
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 19:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I'm not sure we ever decided about the fortified positions, only the fortifications were specifically disallowed. However, don't you think that building a city on them and rehoming them is against Captain Nemo's vision? There must have been a reason why they are homed the way they are, probably to try and get the player to try and hold Kursk
Old May 10, 2003, 00:21   #32
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 20:33
You are probably right H!

Sounds like we should make that a no no!
Old May 10, 2003, 04:39   #33
Colwyn
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 10:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Forget kurst Belgorad is better
Quote:
Originally posted by EZRhino
Do you think it would be worth it to try to hold Kursk? It is home to strongpoints guarding several important crossings of the river Don.
As belgorad is built on a city and gets +50% defence!
Old May 10, 2003, 14:23   #34
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Local Time: 01:33
I didn't know kiev was going to hold for so long, so I was expecting the ai to take the cities before winter, that is the reason why they are undefended, I'll move some units there

about the building the cities in fortified positions
I think it is the same as fortifications
Old May 16, 2003, 12:51   #35
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

You posted your turn 6 hours ago, but have given no information on what occured. This thread has been inactive for 5 days, I expect to see something here soon!
Old May 16, 2003, 13:07   #36
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

I'm too busy right now, I'll post the screenshots tonight
Old May 16, 2003, 13:20   #37
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

here is the front situation
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	dibujo.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	45231  
Old May 16, 2003, 13:23   #38
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

Plans for winter
the units in the screenshots are the ones garrisoned in Belgorod, I've moved some units to make the screenshot more interesting

my plans for this winter is to kill as many nazis as possible outside Belgorod and build up a little the defense in kursk and make the Don cities stronger

I want to stop the nazis at kursk as much as possible, I don´t think it will be possible but if the city can hold for a few turns next summer then the Don rivers will be safe

and I will start conquering nazis cities in winter 1943

any comments?
Old May 16, 2003, 13:26   #39
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

It looks like your units attacked this turn. How successfull was your attack Comrade?

Winter is a wonderfull time of year isnt it!

Makes killing facists a lot easier.

Keep fighting the good fight!
Old May 16, 2003, 13:29   #40
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

a few panzers that were hanging around Belgorod
Old May 16, 2003, 13:37   #41
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Belgorad will be easier to hold than Kursk because of the river. But some of the Fortified Positions on the Don are homed to Kursk.

Tough decision.

Good luck comrade!
Old May 17, 2003, 06:12   #42
Colwyn
Prince

Local Time: 10:33
Looks good Shaka!
Might hang onto Belograd yet.

Do you think you might try for Kharkov? It will be a grand victory indeed.

The germans are massed all over the place so I wouldn't expect all the cities east of the don to hold in summer but the damage your doing now will ensure the protection and build up of your don cities. Good work!

Don't forget that if you are really planning on holding any front cities that a AA or two will be needed. I'm struggling this a bit two but we have until May to do so.

Old May 17, 2003, 06:55   #43
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

I'll build one AA in kursk and moved there every cossack, red guard or partisan we have to stop them as much as possible, if everything goes right I start reconquering cities next winter to hold them

I don't think it will be a good idea to conquer kharkov, will lose every units sent there to reconquer the city
the ai has too many units in those places,
maybe I will be able to reconquer it, but we will lose some valuable units, I don´t think it is a good idea
Old May 17, 2003, 09:59   #44
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Do you think the German summer offensive will be really strong in your sector? Or do you think the Germans will mostly try and hit the Caucasus and mostly lighten up on the other fronts?
Old May 17, 2003, 10:12   #45
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

my experience is that the offensive is quite strong, I will probably lose the cities west of the don if the AA bateries are enough to defend me from the lutwaffe I want have any problems, if I haven't been attacked yet...
Old May 17, 2003, 10:48   #46
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Ive seen the attack be tremendous all along the Don up to and including Voronezh.!

Thats while there was an attack on Moscow at the same time, not quite as bad as the along the Don.

The facists are beaten by a longshot yet comrades!
Old May 18, 2003, 06:30   #47
Bossy20000
Prince

They keep attacking towards the Don, especially towards voronezh and serafimovich.

I don't think we NEED to keep Belgorod, but we do need KURSK for it's fortified positions along the Don! If we loose these, they break through and we will need many many units to close the gaps between our cities! I suggest that Colwyn tries to keep the Germans out the Pripryat marshes as good as possible, and if we don't launch an attack on Kholm and surroundings, we should send most new troops to the Don and especially Kursk, Voronezh and Serafimovitch. If they break through here, our country will be cut in two, and we will have two seperate fronts, with no fast connection (they can intercept all air transports between the north and the south if they take the cities on the Don!)

For the attack on Kharkov, I don't think we can spare the troops, but that's op to comrade Naldayev!

For the Rodina and the Party!
Old May 18, 2003, 07:16   #48
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

kursk won´t be possible to hold, it is just two squares from belgorod, the nazis will attack ferioulsy, but I will try to defend the city as long as possible

I NEED MORE TROOPS
Old May 18, 2003, 08:57   #49
Bossy20000
Prince

He NEEDS more troops! For the sake of the country, give him more troops!
Old May 18, 2003, 09:33   #50
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaka Naldur
I NEED MORE TROOPS
Yes you and everyone else.

Actually Serafimovich and Voronezh are pretty well defended when you compare them to what some other cities have in the whole theatre.

I would try to hold onto those cities west of the Don as long as possible. Stops the Germans from using them as spawning points. And then hopefully the Don will hold.

I need some money to rush my improvements in the Urals so I can start pumping out units.

What we REALLY need is those convoys!

That will solve both of our problems comrade!
Old May 18, 2003, 09:47   #51
Bossy20000
Prince

Which draws our attention back to comrade Yopov. Let us hope those convoys make it this time! We could also use the military units!
Old May 18, 2003, 10:12   #52
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

I know everybody is screwed
Old May 18, 2003, 10:49   #53
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaka Naldur
I know everybody is screwed
Not necessarily, lets see what next summer brings!

Keep up the good fight comrade!
Old May 18, 2003, 13:00   #54
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

It seems like there is a lack of units flowing out of the Urals. I guess this is due to the fact our UMIP (Ural Mountain Industrial Program) isn't fully underway?
Old May 18, 2003, 13:09   #55
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
It seems like there is a lack of units flowing out of the Urals. I guess this is due to the fact our UMIP (Ural Mountain Industrial Program) isn't fully underway?
Thats the understatement of the day!

Its underway but quite a ways from completion.

I need rubles, just like all you guys do, hopefully we can land some convoys soon!
Old May 18, 2003, 14:09   #56
Bossy20000
Prince

Without a UMIP, we have a war that is a lot more difficult. We need units now, but we also need a buildup of the Ural-production. We will need to maintain a balance between short term and long term capacity!
Old May 18, 2003, 17:30   #57
H Tower

we've been focusing on units so far, even selling improvements in the urals. but if we switch over, we run the risk of losing the cities we have deemed the last line of defense
Old May 18, 2003, 19:23   #58
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
we've been focusing on units so far, even selling improvements in the urals. but if we switch over, we run the risk of losing the cities we have deemed the last line of defense
This is very true Comrade Marshall but if we DONT build up the Urals where will we produce units if some of the Front line cities fall?

We really need to think 1943 and 1944 as well........
Old May 18, 2003, 20:18   #59
The ANZAC
King

even if the front line cities don't fall, we will need to produce vast quantities of units to decisively defeat the Germans. That requires a potent UMIP. I say we finish the offensives we have planned for this winter, then go on the defensive for most of '42 until the winter. And then if we do launch an offensive in the winter of 42-43, it should be limited. This all should be done if we want to build up our UMIP so we can win

Last edited by The ANZAC; May 18, 2003 at 20:27.
Old May 19, 2003, 08:09   #60
Bossy20000
Prince

We are best in winter offensives, so we should wait with any large offensive till next winter. We can attack the Germans now, and take defensive positions during summer. During this season we can build up the Ural, and reinforce front cities for the winter offensives.