View Poll Results: Do you agree with my plan?
Yes, it's a perfect plan 3 33.33%
I like it, but some amandments are in order 3 33.33%
No, I don't like it, but I have a better plan. 2 22.22%
What's that newbie talking about, he's not even front commander. To the gulag with him. (other) 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 1, 2003, 06:22   #1
yop73
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 01:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
What to do with the Kola peninsula?
In light of the new events, we need another poll about the north. Since the marshall supports my candidature for Murmansk front commander, I have some questions.

My plan would be the following:

*Give up the cities of Viipuri and Kitela. All units from Viipuri are sent to Leningrad, all units from Kitela are sent to Tikhvin.
*Kandalaksha will be held.
*The city of Murmansk will be held, as will the city of Tikhvin.
*The capitalist supplies will land in Murmansk, move towards Kandalaksha, board a transporter and move towards Archangel and from there be transported towards the Russian mainland.

Do you guys like my plan or have anything to say about it? Please post in the poll.
Old May 1, 2003, 06:36   #2
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

the murmansk fronts comanders have done a good job, the kola peninsula is doing awesome,
Henrik was also doing a good job, with Novogorod and Kula still out our hands,

I don´t think we should give up the cities of the kola peninsula, what we need to move the KV-1 to the leningrad front asap
and big counteroffensive during winter time
Old May 1, 2003, 07:12   #3
our_man
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Not one step back on the Kola peninsula!

Seriously, if you can hold on long enough for the armoured infantry units to arrive from England the peninsula can be held. The cities may have awful production, but they can still produce cossacks to defend themselves. If the T-28's that start off up there haven't been destroyed yet, they're upgraded to the T-34/85 in winter, which will also help.
Old May 1, 2003, 07:21   #4
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 20:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
YOP you are the Murmansk Front Commander as of right now!

Look at this thread Ive already named you Front Commander!:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=2

I like your plan and it is at "realistic", saying we are going to hold at all costs is not.

I checked I liked the plan with some changes onlt because as the war develops we may need to change it. But Tikvin must be held at all costs.!
Old May 1, 2003, 07:28   #5
belisariu
Civilization II PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Prince

Local Time: 00:33
The convoys maybe go directly to Archangels, and Viipuri cannot fall, if Viipuri falls the german and finish have a hole in the front to reach archangels
Old May 1, 2003, 15:11   #6
EZRhino
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 17:33
Location: Sunset and the evening star And one clear call for me.
Is there a Strongpoint homed to Kitela?

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!
Old May 1, 2003, 20:11   #7
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 10:33
Comrades!
Holding any Kola city other then Murmansk is folly. Without the road south all those cities are worthless, and the cost of their defence cannot be justified.

Comrades, do not forget the leasons of 1939: while the Finns may be meak in Summer, once the snows begin to fall they transform into ski-bound deamons. If the Finns want the Kola towns then I say let them have them: We will hold the Tikhvin-Leningrad line against their agression.

Comrades, we do not need the Kola. Capitalist supplies will not arrive in large quantities for many months, and when they do arrive they can be convienintly and safely delivered to Archangel. The only reason for holding Murmansk is that the open terrain around the city makes it easy to defend comared to the forests of the Kola, and that holding the city will deny the facists a lair from which they could possibly (but probably not) attack the Capitalist's convoys.
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old May 1, 2003, 21:17   #8
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

I agree with Comrade Casesky, We can give up the Kola in the short term.

If we do that then Tikvin needs to become a bunker last turn! It needs to happen now!

We can also try to save Leningrad but the real decision is if we save it now can it hold, because if It doesn't the defense of Tikvin will surely be more difficult!

And dont forget those Finnish Devils in the Winter! They caused tens of thousands of causulties before we finally defeated them last year.
Old May 2, 2003, 07:13   #9
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Tikvin doesn´t even have a barracks, and the cities east of tikvin neither they do
Old May 2, 2003, 07:20   #10
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaka Naldur
Tikvin doesn´t even have a barracks, and the cities east of tikvin neither they do
That is true but I believe it is building a Kolectiv right now and a barracks could be easily rushed off that.

This is going to be a tough decision comrade.
Old May 2, 2003, 23:57   #11
Colwyn
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

What Marshal Pavlov suggests
Use the labor brigade to build a city on the river/spruce b/w chevepockets and tikvin as it will give a +100% defence with city walls +200%!! (brigade is already there)

Defend normally all murmansk front (without rush buys though) it is very strong and will not fall, i hold it without Kv1's and you have two.

Henrik can then use the 3 citys Volgoda,Chev and new city as his new front and build new cities behind it (as many as possible) so your can gets lots of Red Guards per turn.

Both fronts can later try to retake Leningrad/Tikvin etc later and keep the commanders with a bit to do in the game.

I think trying to save Leningrad will be risky but its up to Yop whether he wants to send units down to leningrad to give Henrik a chance, if not well I'd reccomend my plan.
Old May 3, 2003, 00:59   #12
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

OK Im back. Colwyn thanks for covering for me.

Now Comrades the Lenningrad question.

Henrik is authorized to do what it takes to kill the Karl and save Leningrad.
Yop you are to support Henrik with what he needs from the Murmansk Front.
If Anzac can get that new KV-1 to Leningrad to reinforce that is authorized.
I dont reccomend an airlift, it will probably get intercepted.

Yop this means you will probably need to give up cities.
I want the high value units to make a Beeline for Tikvin in case the defense of Lenningrad fails. Yop keep the Murmansk-Tikvin road open as long as you can to move units to Tikvin. Dont forget to rehome them when you get there. Start selling off improvements in the Kola.

We are giving up the Kola.

We are trying too save Leningrad and kill the Karl.

Last resort is to execute Colwyns plan of building a city in the woods at the Road Junction between Cherpovits/Tikvin/ Archangel. And make that a bunker if we lose even Tikvin.

Good luck Im not going to tell you all what to do exactly, thats what I pay Front Commanders big rubbles for. You have my general intent now execute a plan and fight the good fight. Is this clear enough? Good Luck!

Yop/Anzac and Henrik have to work together on this one. The Rodina is counting on you!
Old May 3, 2003, 01:30   #13
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Comrades, let us not make the decision to give up Leningrad lightly. Aside from it's sacred status as the birthplace of the people's revolution, Leningrad is also a valuble bulwalk against further facist advances. Comrades, holding Leningrad will enable us to destroy facist units far more easily out side then city then if those units were roming about in the northern forests.
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon