Old May 1, 2003, 06:31   #1
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 10:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Archaic your godmodding has to stop!
All quoted from Archaic

Quote:
quote{:
Originally posted by Sheep
However to avail the records were destroyed in the bombing of Lambston as the Alecrastian military rolled in in their illegal occupation. }

GODMODDING SIGHTED - FIRING IGNORE CANNONS

Both Alecrast and Urbanised can offer assistance to Ceroo on this matter. Port Urbanised has long been a centre of military command for Sheepsta, and so we have access to a great deal of the records from that time which weren't destroyed by the Holy Empire itself by those trying to avoid being indited for war crimes by the former United States of Sheepsta and later the protectorates. Our friends in Alecrast, and perhaps in Centralis and Karakas too, would also have a great deal of records that they were able to steal off the Holy Empire during spy missions.

Isn't it funny how you, first of all on one hand accuse me of god modding, when it is my nation first, and second did not say you bombed Lambston only that it happened. Then you go on about how Port Urbanised was a centre for military command in Sheepsta. Where have I said this. I haven;t even mentioned Urbanised til a week ago. This is the biggest hypocrisy and it must stop.

But wait there is more. You continue on about how Port Urbanised is in Sheepsta. Perhaps you are getting them confused. Port Urbanised is a small seaside fishing village hardly worthy of a name. Its claim to fame is that President Stillman is native of the village. You must get that and the colony you have established somewhere in th region mixed up.

Finally for this quote, and there are more you claim to have records of the Holy Empire stolen in spy missions. Geez if you can do that I have a copy of every important file that every government owns in the entire world. See how you godmod. Once again hypocrisy.

Quote:
[quote:
Originally posted by ceroomaster
The Cerooan government were aware and would like to thank New Sheepsta for reiterating the point. We are unaware of the United States of Sheepsta islands' geography, and whether or not Lambston was in the New Sheepsta contolled area, or one of the provences not yet fully reintegrated with New Sheepsta. ]

Lambston was in the Alecrast protectorate of North Sheepsta.
Yeah and now North Sheepsta is a state of Unified Sheepsta. It nver has been truly yours and never will be.

Quote:
[quote:
Ceroo would like to thank Alecrast for the information already transmitted back with relation to this. We have found several possible new leads which are being investigated at the moment. ]

Glad to be of assistance.
Bit hard for you to transmit evidence when I have said that the evidence was destroyed and that being my nation my point takes precedence. Otherwise I could say Flaim was destroyed by Sheepstan fanatics, and you would have to play along, which you would not.

Quote:
[quote:
(OOC: I didn't think Urbanised was (or could be) the same Port Urbanised as in the former United States of Sheepsta? Or has this not yet been settled?]
/OOC)

Not yet been settled.
yeah it has you are just being downright stubborn, outright hypocritical, and downight idiotic. Port Urbanised as you claim is not part of Sheepsta, is not on Sheepsta and will neer be anywhere near Sheepsta. Port Urbanaised, South Sheepsta, Unified Sheepstan Republics, is a small fishing village like I have already said. Don;t like it tough, deal with it.
Old May 1, 2003, 07:53   #2
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:33
Re: Archaic your godmodding has to stop!
Quote:

Isn't it funny how you, first of all on one hand accuse me of god modding, when it is my nation first, and second did not say you bombed Lambston only that it happened.
It would seem that you are either attempting to cover up your godmodding, or your grasp of the english language is so tenuous that you cannot understand the word 'implication'. You specifically stated that the bombing occured while Alecrastian troops rolled in in their illegal occupation' (although given that there was no state
there at the time, I'd like to see why you consider the entrance of troops illegal...)

Quote:
Then you go on about how Port Urbanised was a centre for military command in Sheepsta. Where have I said this. I haven;t even mentioned Urbanised til a week ago. This is the biggest hypocrisy and it must stop.
*cough*first regional map*cough*

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=1

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=2

Urbanised is mentioned as major city in that, located precisely where it's been held to be, and you never contradicted anything in there until now, by which point you had no control over Urbanised.

Quote:
But wait there is more. You continue on about how Port Urbanised is in Sheepsta. Perhaps you are getting them confused. Port Urbanised is a small seaside fishing village hardly worthy of a name. Its claim to fame is that President Stillman is native of the village. You must get that and the colony you have established somewhere in th region mixed up.
It might have been in the days of the Holy Empire (and as a matter of fact, it wasn't; see your posts in the first map thread for details), but it's certainly not that now. It was massively developed during the time of the protectorates, benefitting greatly during this period, which is why it declared independance.

Quote:
Finally for this quote, and there are more you claim to have records of the Holy Empire stolen in spy missions. Geez if you can do that I have a copy of every important file that every government owns in the entire world. See how you godmod. Once again hypocrisy.
So now it's godmodding to conduct intelligence operations against hostile states and search for records once you cintrol their former territory Strange way of defining 'godmodding'.

Quote:
Yeah and now North Sheepsta is a state of Unified Sheepsta. It nver has been truly yours and never will be.
It was absolutely Archaic's when he set it up. He controlled the territory, so he was perfectly within his rights to set up a nation to represent his control over said territory. Now that the teritory has been taken away by Court order, North and South Sheepsta are waiting for deletion, with their territory now added to that of New Sheepsta.

Quote:
Bit hard for you to transmit evidence when I have said that the evidence was destroyed and that being my nation my point takes precedence.
You said absolutely nothing about the records being destroyed anywhere at all while the Holy Empire or the USS were around, and even now you said nothing about records being destroyed anywhere outside of Lambston until Archaic had already established that they existed. Moreover, even claiming that Lambston was bombed is questionable, at the very least; even if you meant that it was being bombed as the Alecrastian troops moved in, rather than by them, at the time, you did not control Sheepsta. There was no longer a Sheepsta to control.

Quote:
Otherwise I could say Flaim was destroyed by Sheepstan fanatics, and you would have to play along, which you would not.
I'll chalk this statement up to your exceedingly bizarre processes of 'logic'; there's no way any rational mind could draw an analogy between a nation claiming to have found records from a state whose territory they controlled for an extended period of time and a state claiming to have destroyed the capital of another nation.

Quote:
yeah it has you are just being downright stubborn, outright hypocritical, and downight idiotic. Port Urbanised as you claim is not part of Sheepsta, is not on Sheepsta and will neer be anywhere near Sheepsta. Port Urbanaised, South Sheepsta, Unified Sheepstan Republics, is a small fishing village like I have already said. Don;t like it tough, deal with it.
From the time when he entered Sheepsta to set up the Protectorates until the Court ordered him to withdraw, Archaic controlled Sheepsta, and hence had the full right to say how things were developing. If he decided that Urbanised was going to turn into a large port city as a result of foreign aid and trade coming in (and, by your own previous statements, it already was), that was his decision to make, and it counted. If you actually possessed Urbanised, you could say that it had reverted to being a fishing village, but you don't, so you can't. Deal with it.
Old May 1, 2003, 07:56   #3
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

do you remember that Port Urbanised was nuked in the dying days of the Holy Empire? No didn;t think so.
Old May 1, 2003, 08:00   #4
Sheep
King

Deal with it his continued RPing of Port Urbanised is against the wishes of the majoriy of people here. I therefore do own Port Urbanised, the fishing village it is. Alecrast has the Port Urbanised counrty somewhere else in the region. I don;t dispute that.

In esscence can;t you see I am being reasonable I am being non-confrotational but the both of you continue to throw it back in my face.
Old May 1, 2003, 08:01   #5
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
do you remember that Port Urbanised was nuked in the dying days of the Holy Empire? No didn;t think so.
Nope, because it wasn't.
Old May 1, 2003, 08:06   #6
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
Deal with it his continued RPing of Port Urbanised is against the wishes of the majoriy of people here.
Firstly, I'd like to see you back that statement up; secondly, it's irrelevant. Just another Appeal to Popularity.

Quote:
I therefore do own Port Urbanised, the fishing village it is.
Few fishing vaillages have been rated as major cities and showed up on world maps.

Quote:
Alecrast has the Port Urbanised counrty somewhere else in the region. I don;t dispute that.
Yes, they have the coutnry of Urbanised, right where it has always been: in what was the northern area of Sheepsta.

Quote:
In esscence can;t you see I am being reasonable I am being non-confrotational but the both of you continue to throw it back in my face.
'Non-confrontational'? You call attempting to reqrite the historical record in your own favour and to the detriment of others 'non-confrontational'? I'd hate to see what you'd call 'confrontational'...
Old May 1, 2003, 08:09   #7
Sheep
King

general tacticus you quoting me out of context is actually illegal and I ask you to stop doing so.

I think this is the full quote 'Alecrast has the Port Urbanised counrty somewhere else in the region. I don;t dispute that.'

And here is another one earlier on to add clarity
'Port Urbanised as you claim is not part of Sheepsta, is not on Sheepsta and will neer be anywhere near Sheepsta'

Twisting my words wont work when it all written above mate
Old May 1, 2003, 08:13   #8
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
general tacticus you quoting me out of context is actually illegal and I ask you to stop doing so.
Illegal, hmmm? What law restricts me from quoting your exact words?

Quote:
I think this is the full quote 'Alecrast has the Port Urbanised counrty somewhere else in the region. I don;t dispute that.'
Did you even read my post? That's precisely what I quoted you as saying.

Quote:
And here is another one earlier on to add clarity
'Port Urbanised as you claim is not part of Sheepsta, is not on Sheepsta and will neer be anywhere near Sheepsta'
However, the existence of Urbanised was already established at this point, so it was a bit late to change it. You can't go around changing the geography of countries you don't control.

Quote:
Twisting my words wont work when it all written above mate
I quoted precisely what you said. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old May 1, 2003, 08:21   #9
Sheep
King

All quotes are by Gen tacticus

Quote:
Illegal, hmmm? What law restricts me from quoting your exact words?
The Copyright Law of Australia and the Copyright Laws of the United States of America as well as any other nation I could name that has them, says you can quote exact words, only when they are used in context and there ideas are kept. Your argument that I didn;t read your post does not hold. After all If you had added more than that one sentence that is taking it in context.

Quote:
However, the existence of Urbanised was already established at this point, so it was a bit late to change it. You can't go around changing the geography of countries you don't control.
No it has not, Archaic has still yet to placethe nation on a blank counrty in the map. As I have said and seem to have trouble getting through to you is that Port urbanised is a small village in Sheepsta but Archaic's Port Urbanised is not in Sheepsta at all. As Sheepsta is nominally mine this is what I say. It was mine by the time you decided to try and scre me over. Until this point Archaic posted nothing of a great city growing out of the village, its a last ditch effort to keep what is not yours.
Old May 1, 2003, 09:01   #10
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:

The Copyright Law of Australia and the Copyright Laws of the United States of America as well as any other nation I could name that has them, says you can quote exact words, only when they are used in context and there ideas are kept. Your argument that I didn;t read your post does not hold. After all If you had added more than that one sentence that is taking it in context.
First explain how I took them out of context, then perhaps you'll have an argument.

Quote:
No it has not, Archaic has still yet to placethe nation on a blank counrty in the map.
He doesn't need to; it's part of Sheepsta island. Now, either you can sit down and accept this, or else you can also accept that you couldn't set up your 'New Sheepsta' either, and that it's actually located on the other side of the world. Both created new nations out of established ones; either both are acceptable, or neither are.

Quote:
As I have said and seem to have trouble getting through to you is that Port urbanised is a small village in Sheepsta
No it isn't, courtesy of yourself. You stated it was a major city and didn't contradict this until the nation of Urbanised was already established.

Quote:
but Archaic's Port Urbanised is not in Sheepsta at all.
There was a Port Urbanised in Sheepsta, which declared independance. You yourself established that there was one

Quote:
As Sheepsta is nominally mine this is what I say.
Sheepsta is yours, but Urbanised isn't, at least not any more. You didn't do anything with the geography until it ceased to be a part of Sheepsta, and hence was out of your control.

Quote:
It was mine by the time you decided to try and scre me over. Until this point Archaic posted nothing of a great city growing out of the village, its a last ditch effort to keep what is not yours.
He had no need to post anything about it growing out of nothing; it was already there. As for it being developed during that time, he mentioned it to several people beforehand (including me), but that's kind of irrelevant in view of what you posted here:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=84137

Quote:
Chopsu, SCT, Unified Sheepsta

President Stillman has announced that he wishes to hold talks with the Alecrastian government over the future of the Sheepstan city of Urbanised.

Urbanised had revolted
after Alecrastian propoganda concerning the influence of New Sheepsta in the new Unification. Alecrast has since move in on what they claim is an independent nation, but which in reality is but a city of the Unficed Sheepstan state, and a city of the Province of North Sheepsta.

We call the Alecrastian government to send a delegation to the Old Imperial captial of Lambston in North Sheepsta to discuss the future of relations and the future of the people of Urbanised.

President Stillman a native of Urbanised camapgined on this topic a great deal and won the elextion for the Green Party against the Democrats and the Socialists on the platform that Urbanised must be rejoined to the Sheepstan state.
Emphasis mine.

Now care to explain how you can say that Urbanised isn't part of Sheepsta?
Old May 1, 2003, 09:02   #11
Sheep
King

The last point of yours was invalid. This was before Drouge conulted me on my rights and advised me to ignore it. Therefore consider that post deleted. Port Urbanised is part of Sheepsta, but its not the Port Urbanised that Archaic controls
Old May 1, 2003, 09:16   #12
Archaic
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 MorganACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

By that logic Sheep, I could say that everything that happened with New Sheepsta before was before I consulted with others on my rights and ignored it. Therefore, all my posts refering to New Sheepsta would be deleted, and instead it would be as if I fired Ignore Cannons at it.

I suppose I should go get my passwords back off Drogue now....
Old May 1, 2003, 10:39   #13
Sheep
King

Then I can ignore North and South Sheepsta ever existed and Sheepsta is mine again. You cannot win.
Old May 1, 2003, 15:41   #14
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 00:33
Ok. The way I see it, even if your Urbanised is the same port that Sheep has, stating that a port of another nation (as Archaic claims) has revolted is god-modding, plain and simple. I know Archaic states that North and South Sheepsta are his,and New Sheepsta was God-modding over them, but by that reckoning, North and South Sheepsta were god-modding over Sheepsta, since although it had disappeared on NS, there is no rule that says it disappears in RP. Indeed, Archaic's takeover of it was illegal, so in RP, Archaic had no claim whatsoever over Sheepsta. Either the continent of Sheepsta disappeared, in which case there could be no North and South Sheepsta, or Sheep still had say over it. You could argue that it goes into international protection, as it would do if the leader was absent.

In RP, that continent was Sheepsta, and the island as a whole is still refered to as Sheepsta. Sheepsta belonged to Sheep, and thus it would be his nation, in RP. Therefore, North/South Sheepsta was god-modding (and malicious I may add, as the only reason I can see for doing it was to annoy Sheep) and New Sheepsta was not god-modding, as in RP, the island was Sheeps.

Either RP is seperate from in game, in which case Sheepsta is Sheeps, or the game and RP are the same, in which case Sheep can state whether or not Urbanised is part of Sheepsta. He may have said it before, but it is god-modding to state what happens to his nation, and New Sheepsta is his nation.

Would you all (Sheep especially) please ignore each other! There was no need to start this thread, and Sheep, you are free to ignore all Urbanised RP, and the existance of North South Sheepsta, as you have said. And Archaic is free to ignore all of Sheeps claims about his occupation. Why don't you just leave each other alone?

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 1, 2003, 19:57   #15
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue

Would you all (Sheep especially) please ignore each other!
Sounds prudent to me.
Old May 3, 2003, 14:59   #16
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

Local Time: 00:33
would appear to me (and I in no way pretend to be experienced in any way with this), that while "god modding" is not expressly forbidden, in the sense that one cannot physically do it (nor should be forbidden, free speech et al), it is however something of an annoyance and should be stopped out of politeness and courtesy.

The following informal protocal may be of significance:

"If some god-mods, one shall ignore that post, or post mentioning that it is a god-mod and thus should be ignored."

I dont think its an unreasonable way of dealing with a problem, but also, lets not blow this whole thing out of proportion. Im sure that in most cases, its not done maliciously, so lets not fret too much over it.
Old May 6, 2003, 01:01   #17
Sheep
King

I would love to do this, if the other party agrees. This was my goal however this Urbanised buisness has made it impossible to do so. Thank you Drogue.