Old June 8, 2003, 19:38   #91
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 18:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
It's about time.
Sheesh, here have a donut.

Jelly filled.

With Sprinkles on top............
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8, 2003, 20:07   #92
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:33
This team needs to make some decisions pronto! Check the team registry thread.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8, 2003, 23:22   #93
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

So, dejon as the acting leader, Civ as either French of English, and as for an icon...

Just a little grail I drew up.

Dunno about a color, though
Old June 8, 2003, 23:29   #94
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Works for me, I told them we wanted to be the English.
Old June 8, 2003, 23:29   #95
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 20:33
I have been waiting for private forums before starting the discussion about civ choices. We have a forum on MZO (not that anyone have shown up there...), but it isn't secure, and I haven't heard any mention about 'poly forums...
Hot Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9, 2003, 02:02   #96
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 01:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Well i'll vote for the British. It fits like a shoe made for silly walkings! think of the Man o' Wars of the holy Burocracy

If we don'T get the english we shoud try zo be spanish like the inquisition!

Btw does anyone here can tell me which witch is a witch and which witch isn't a witch?
Old June 10, 2003, 08:15   #97
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

I don't know who conducted it, but apparently we got France in a coin toss. Since both France and England were already spoken for, I think we should take it and run.

Preferences for team colour?

Ideas for in-game leader/civ name?
Old June 10, 2003, 13:21   #98
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Sir Bedemere or whatever the leader of the Spanish Inquistion sketch's name was.

Color should be something annoying.
Old June 10, 2003, 14:13   #99
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Sounds like a good name to me.

As for a color, I think the default French pink is annoying enough. That, or we could for one of the weird shades of brown in the editor.

A leader? Perhaps dejon, seeing as he started the whole thing. Or, are you up to anything GhengisFarb?
Old June 10, 2003, 16:29   #100
Hot Mustard
King

By in-game leader name, I just meant the civ-specific customizations that can be made.

As annoying as the pink is, I'd prefer something else, though I'm not sure what yet.

As for actual team leader, the job's still open.
Old June 10, 2003, 19:58   #101
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by dejon
As annoying as the pink is, I'd prefer something else, though I'm not sure what yet.
What? Coming from the person who ran around Apolyton with a pink skull as an avatar?

What kind of moron would have ever given you a skull to play around with anyway?

How did I end up on the French team?!?!?!?
Old June 10, 2003, 20:02   #102
Hot Mustard
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

What? Coming from the person who ran around Apolyton with a pink skull as an avatar?

What kind of moron would have ever given you a skull to play around with anyway?

How did I end up on the French team?!?!?!?

I've been waiting for this reaction!

How 'bout you GF, do you want us to be PINK?
Old June 10, 2003, 20:09   #103
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

PINK!

With sprinkles.
Old June 10, 2003, 21:28   #104
Octavian X
King

Pink with sprinkles works for me, so long as the sprinkles are on a doughnut...
Old June 10, 2003, 23:22   #105
Octavian X
King

For in-game leader, we could go for Guy de Loimbard (ARTHUR:
It is King Arthur, and these are my Knights of the Round Table. Whose castle is this?
FRENCH GUARD:
This is the castle of my master, Guy de Loimbard.)

Also, if dejon is unwilling, I'll volunteer for team leader.
Old June 11, 2003, 01:18   #106
Darekill
Prince

Let us take the beautifull default colour of the marvelous French! Like my friend Dickus Longus used to say this is a delightful choice! Btw. Dickus Longus is a serious Name for our ingame leader. Who is giggeling? What is so funny with Dickus ..... Longus?

As for the real leader i'm not the one
Old June 11, 2003, 01:37   #107
Octavian X
King

Anyone up for having Spam as the national food?
Old June 11, 2003, 01:47   #108
Darekill
Prince

Old June 11, 2003, 21:20   #109
Octavian X
King

Sooo... Can I assume I am now our glourious leader?
Old June 11, 2003, 22:15   #110
Hot Mustard
King

Quote:
I have nothing against it, but we haven't really heard any "ayes" or "nays" either. What do we think people?
Old June 12, 2003, 01:27   #111
Darekill
Prince

Leader Octavian?
Aye
Old June 12, 2003, 06:49   #112
rendelnep
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Ankh-MorporkCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 12:33
What...is your name? Rendel-nep!!!

What...is your quest? To make sure that there will continue and forever be no tigers in Africa!!!!

What...is your favorite color? Brown becäuse ït ïsthe cøløur of mäni interesting furry animals including the majestik møøse. A møøse once bit my sister... Nø realli !!! She was karving her initials øn the møøse with the sharpened of an interspaced tøøthbrush given by Svenge- her brother-in-law an oslo dentist and star of many norweigian møvies......

We Apologise for the fault in the aplication form. The aplicant responsible has been banned.
rendelnep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2003, 07:18   #113
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Fine with me, aren't you the only one running?
Old June 12, 2003, 07:27   #114
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:33
No, dejon was also. BTW, This is only temporary, you guys can vote on your leader when you get the private forum. This is just sowe have someone who can admit people into the team forums.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2003, 09:09   #115
Darekill
Prince

Welcom Sir Rendel-Nep Brother in Monty
Old June 12, 2003, 14:06   #116
Hot Mustard
King

I think we can hold off on the official leader decision for now. Personally, I haven't decided if I'd like to go for it yet. Also, we don't really know each other's strengths and personalities yet, aside from a mutual Monty affection.

All we need for now is someone to assign as moderator of the team forum. This person will have normal mod powers, and must approve new members joining the team/forum.

As the team "founder", I humbly volunteer for this job. I am around most of the time, can always be reached by PM on short notice when I'm not, and my only holiday plans for the summer is a quick visit out west for a wedding (Jul 2-Jul 6).

On a different topic, we are going to have a challenge with diplomatic relations with whoever plays the English...

"Of course not! You are English types."

"You and all your silly English Knnnnnnnn-ighuts!!!"

Old June 13, 2003, 00:18   #117
Octavian X
King

That's fine we me. Personally, I'd rather not muck around in this moderator stuff.
Old June 13, 2003, 05:57   #118
rendelnep
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Ankh-MorporkCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

'On a different topic, we are going to have a challenge with diplomatic relations with whoever plays the English...'

I thought we would have diplomatic issues with any god worshiping nation and ethnic groups....
Old June 13, 2003, 07:41   #119
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Other teams and suggested diplomacy stance towards such:

TEAM SUNSHINE
Friendly, easy going, and completely devoid of any signs of intelligence. Should make good peasants to work the field with little resistence to being "oppressed".

TEAM MONKEY
They haven't "quite" completed Darwin's theorized evolution process. Best to place in cages and store them in a dark, sealed room until the process is completed.

TEAM LATIN LOVER
Best employed as Latin dance instructors and may potentially be able to construct us a Mexican Restaurant chain.

TEAM "CAKE OR DEATH?"
Completely at a loss for words. Outside of two small towns in the UK nobody's ever heard of this Gizzard guy.

TEAM TABEMONO
Teetering on the edge of complete internal destruction. It is my opinion we should offer them a single after dinner mint. It's wafer thin..................

TEAM MOHAMMED AL-SAHAF
This team would best be handled by the Spanish Inquistion. They should be able to get the truth out of them.
Old June 13, 2003, 07:57   #120
rendelnep
Prince

We could demand shruberies as repriations....