Old October 22, 2004, 22:27   #211
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 20:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by dejon

Modo44 - you have been authorized to join the Halls of Monty Python.
Heathen. Beta hurls an enormous pile of monkey poo on Modo's head.

Then again - maybe Modo will bring a saner form of leadership to the team .... One can only hope.
Old October 22, 2004, 22:39   #212
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 09:34
Local Date: November 2, 2010
is that right old spotted one
Old October 23, 2004, 23:13   #213
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 18:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Beta

Heathen. Beta hurls an enormous pile of monkey poo on Modo's head.

Then again - maybe Modo will bring a saner form of leadership to the team .... One can only hope.
We only claim that there is a leadership - no one every said anything about sanity of said leadership.

/me escaped from the Camelot Institute for the Criminally Insane three months ago.

Old October 24, 2004, 01:41   #214
Modo44
Apolyton UniversityPtWDG2 Monty PythonCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameDiploGamesACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:34
But we don't need to be sane. We only need a couple of those rabbits and it'll all be good.
Old October 26, 2004, 13:57   #215
Modo44
Apolyton UniversityPtWDG2 Monty PythonCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameDiploGamesACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

*bump*

I know we're not suposed to make sense and I completely agree with that.

But not making sense means actually making something, just leaving the "sense" part to others. Now, the private forum seems dead. I posted there 3 days ago and no answer so far. Actally, no other posts at all. What is (or isn't) going on?
Old October 26, 2004, 14:24   #216
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 09:34
/me passes Modo an empty beer jug

enjoy

I have been trying to work that bit out for months now

ahhh then I start singing while painting my white picket fence

/me stratches the carrot on the end of his nose

now then if we were all to actually get involved we could be said to actually be doing something constructive

and to quote from the minutes of the mid summers eve meeting of the Grand Lodge of Coconut Cutters
Quote:
subclause 17x "it was clearly decided that by actaully doing something constructive, or being known as doing something constructive, the person / people / Coconut Cutters could in turn be construed as hindering the greatest of all matters that need to be attended to in this time that we have the privilige to be a part of. Indeed to further look into this matter we must in turn refer to Section 56 of the Book of Loyal Ideas.
/me passes Modo a empty beer jug

refill

Well we certainly are glad to have you here with all of your pent up joy and enthuffffffiasium

may your day be warm and your night inside the belly of a hhapy blueberry

well I must ruck out the stables, and feed those mighty steeds that serve us so well

/me wanders of to a pile of coconuts that are tied up to a stick in a field
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	aerosmith dsc_0416_1.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	86702  
Old October 26, 2004, 15:18   #217
Modo44
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
* Paddy the Scot passes Modo a empty beer jug

refill
There you go.
Now, I don't mean to upset you any further, but I don't drink alcohol.
Still, the colors match just fine, so...

Is there anybody here, who knows anything of the whereabouts of the Monty Python leaders? Or, better yet, have you seen any white rabbits?
We're desperate!
Old October 27, 2004, 05:57   #218
Addled Platypus
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMCall to Power PBEMCivilization IV PBEMBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 17:34
In the Castle Anthrax

being good knigits

gota ask about those new smiles...where?
Old October 27, 2004, 08:42   #219
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 01:34
Smileycentral? Some 11000 smileys on a new taskbar on your browser, full of spyware/adware though
Old October 27, 2004, 08:45   #220
Modo44
Emperor

No spyware, I'm afraid.

http://www.click-smilies.de/smilies_engl.html

Courtesy of Paddy the Scot. Not that he knew that I checked one of his beer jugs for the addy.

Uhm, and I'm still desperate here. How do I get to do something with the game? Who runs this place?

Last edited by Modo44; October 27, 2004 at 08:56.
Modo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2004, 14:15   #221
Addled Platypus
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMCall to Power PBEMCivilization IV PBEMBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 17:34
I had joined back in May 04, left Sept 04 because of lack of action

How long do you want to wait?
Old October 27, 2004, 15:27   #222
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Modo44
No spyware, I'm afraid.

http://www.click-smilies.de/smilies_engl.html

Courtesy of Paddy the Scot. Not that he knew that I checked one of his beer jugs for the addy.
Ah, much better than smileycentral Did an install last week and the amount of 'intrusion' scared me. Uninstalled right away and ran ad-aware just to be sure.

Old October 27, 2004, 15:31   #223
bongo
lifer
Emperor

Oh man, some of these are simply hilarious

Old October 30, 2004, 02:09   #224
Modo44
Emperor

Back on topic. Any members of Monty Python still around are invited to the private forum for a chat. Especially those of you who want an active part in not making sense. "An active part" refers especially to those that can talk a lot of nonsense in the shortest time.

Right this way, gents:
http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisp...s=&forumid=201
Old October 31, 2004, 18:34   #225
Cort Haus
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Like the Pratchett sig, Modo44. Isn't that where Vimes meets The Sweeper in The (K)Night Watch? - with the Lilac and the time travel and John Keel. Superb. The best Discworld yet, IMV.

Oh, and welcome to HACK (the Humanist Alliance of Comedian Knights) and their heroic quest to allow all human teams the right to proudly wear check shirts and go out and chop down jungles! Singing ...
Cort Haus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31, 2004, 18:43   #226
Cort Haus
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

- except that HACK knights have no horses - we just use coconuts.

Actually this is not quite true. CoD and Python knights do have horses but they don't have any armour. Even though we secretly suspect the Iraqi Government to be involved in the Great Iron Vanishing, we think it's quite funny really so don't complain about it in public The coconuts are real though, just don't get us arguing about weight-to-wing-span ratios and African vs European swallows.
Cort Haus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31, 2004, 19:09   #227
Modo44
Emperor

I'm glad that you like the Pratchett quote. Now that more people have noticed, it's going to change even more often. So watch out, perhaps it's not even Pratchett next time you see it.

What Great Iron Vanishing? I thought it was just turned into Uranium... Excuse me while I ponder on the fact.
Old October 31, 2004, 19:10   #228
bongo
lifer
Emperor

The Iraqi Government had nothing to do do with the Great Iron Vanishing, nothing at all. Nonono, nothing I tell you.

The iron simply decided it would be better off somewhere else, where its properties would not be abused for aggressive purposes
Old October 31, 2004, 19:21   #229
Modo44
Emperor

Says you, coming from Mohammed. Good propaganda minister.
Old November 4, 2004, 03:18   #230
Modo44
Emperor

*bump*

The save is there. Can we talk about it? In the private forum maybe? Please?

You don't even have to look for yourself. Here it is.
Old November 7, 2004, 03:51   #231
Modo44
Emperor

Lo and behold, Da Save is here and screenies have been made!

You'll find them here.
Old November 18, 2004, 04:31   #232
Modo44
Emperor

The save came in. Pictures of Monty territory in 300 A.D. can be found here. In case you can't get through the link: this is a bump for team members only.
Old November 18, 2004, 06:07   #233
Krill
lifer
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The GooniesC4BtSDG TemplarsC4BtSDG ImperioC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4BtSDG Team BananaC4BtSDG Realms BeyondC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Deity

Modo, I hate to burst your bubble, but there is the turn thread for this.

You see, the team that plays before you posts when the have played the save and sent it along, so there is no reason to bump this thread at all.
Old November 18, 2004, 06:32   #234
Modo44
Emperor

Except maybe if the pictures are taken before making moves, so that everyone (including team members that don't get the save) can have a look an comment before the turn is played?

Except if one (namely myself) is trying to get the attention of silent lurking team members?

There is a reason why I put links in these posts.

Last edited by Modo44; November 18, 2004 at 06:42.
Modo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2004, 08:05   #235
bongo
lifer
Emperor

I still think these 'lets discuss the latest turn' posts should be kept inside your private forum.

You can always subscribe to your private forum, so you know when a new turn arrive. Or set up a private turn-tracker to make the new turn visible in peoples 'my threads' list.