Old May 2, 2003, 18:25   #91
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 03:35
Local Date: November 2, 2010
But you're getting one, you can't hold back anymore!
And don't take my word as the law here, I might be saying things that are not recommended. So keep your eyes open and .. well you know .
I'm definitely NOT a dog expert, or even less am I dog behaviour expert. So.. take my words with critisism.. besides, dogs are different like people are too, so there can be many different ways, some wrong and some right ways.. I just wanted to warn you, because I don't want you to come back and blame me for getting your dog to hate you .
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old May 2, 2003, 18:26   #92
Footie Mad
Prince

Local Time: 01:35
When I see all these dog pictures I can't help thinking of how sad the owners will be when they die. Way to go for positive thinking.
It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars
Old May 2, 2003, 18:32   #93
Pekka
Emperor

Wille, yeah, it's the worst! I'm not a 'sensitive' kind of guy in a sense that I'd show it, you know I never cry and all that, but when I had to carry my dog to vet to put it to sleep.. I was crying like a baby. you know the dog looks into your eyes, she kind of knows what's happening because you're so sad, so it knows something is going on and being so sick.. It kills you right there and brakes your heart. But you got to do what you got to do. All in all, it's horrible experience. I coudln't find anything positive from it, except knowing that she wasn't in pain anymore. Plus some people might not understand how you can attach yourself to them.. 'they're just animals' or something, but it's a family member that has been their for years and then something is missing and you just feel it for long time after. I still miss my doggie very much .

Ok, thanks for letting me get it out, now I can act all tough again for a while
Old May 2, 2003, 19:29   #94
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 17:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I had a Golden (the one that bite me when I was three) that was the exact same age as me. She lived to be 16 and it was like I lost my best friend when she died. My whole life I had known that dog; it was like she was family.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old May 2, 2003, 19:40   #95
Pekka
Emperor

Oerdin, I know what you mean.. My doggie lived 15 years, I got it while I was a kid, but I she was my doggie none of the less and later on when I grew up, I took her fully under my wings (I couldn't take 100% care when I was younger, naturally). So pretty much all my life she was there too.. So I know what you mean.. that point it's a real friend to you. But.. it's just something that is going to happen sooner or later, and you have to get over it.... and when you're over it, you can get a new puppy! .
Old May 2, 2003, 22:49   #96
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Local Time: 02:35
Quote:
Originally posted by Pekka
But you're getting one, you can't hold back anymore!
And don't take my word as the law here, I might be saying things that are not recommended. So keep your eyes open and .. well you know .
I'm definitely NOT a dog expert, or even less am I dog behaviour expert. So.. take my words with critisism.. besides, dogs are different like people are too, so there can be many different ways, some wrong and some right ways.. I just wanted to warn you, because I don't want you to come back and blame me for getting your dog to hate you .
No Pekka really you and to all the other posters who contibuted thank you very much, you've been very helpful and given me info I never knew. Thanks
Old May 2, 2003, 22:58   #97
Pekka
Emperor

Ah also one thing came to my mind.. look out for little kids that wants to play with it. If there's kids that wants to play with it and you leave them alone, little kids can get quite abusive. They don't understand that you can't ride with the dog like it was a horse. Even when you tell them that the back is to weak.. they'll still do it!
Also they usually play with dogs ears, and ears are sensitive for dogs so they don't always like it, because kids can be rough too sometimes. Sometimes kids yells straight to dogs ear, or things like that.

kids might not mean anything bad, but .. they can really abuse dogs sometimes with games. I saw it many times with my dog, so I only let kids who I trusted play with her. One of the kids.. I honestly believe was sadist. When some of the abusive kids came inside and asked the doggie out, she gave the 'NOooo don't make me go' eye, not being happy at all! So.. just a warning. Dogs can handle pretty much, but you don't want to see kids pulling their tails with maximum force and riding them if they weigh more than x kilos. Also, if some kids want to take it out for a walk, the dog will prolly escape if the kids are too small.But if you know the kids, it's probably ok... just as long as you know kids!=saints
Old May 2, 2003, 23:39   #98
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 11:35
Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger
If you are really Skanky's fiancee, poor you Otherwise
Quote:
Originally posted by Provost Harrison
Humans are bastards...
Old May 2, 2003, 23:44   #99
Tuberski

Local Time: 19:35
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger
If you are really Skanky's fiancee, poor you Otherwise

I don't think poor her, you laugh at my jokes.....once in a while.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old May 3, 2003, 00:58   #100
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 16:35
More dog pictures please!

Mis Novias
Old May 4, 2003, 02:34   #101
MrsSkanky

Here are some cute puppy pics I have but its a shame none of them are mine
Attached Thumbnails: