Old May 2, 2003, 09:37   #31
gsmoove23
Warlord

Local Time: 00:36
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Blair is the only one of the 2 that is highly intelligent, yet we see what help that has been to Britain. I love to insult Bush's intelligence yet I must admit, its not really something I worry too much about. Its his convictions that scare me.

I like Jaguar's reaction.
Old May 2, 2003, 09:54   #32
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 21:36
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Well what I have been seeing here are excuses from the left. The left calls Bush stupid. Well the left is dead wrong. Bush is intelligent. It is the left that is stupid and moronic. Take a look at the record, all those hollywood actors against Bush, didn't even get through University... and I am sure most of them had plenty of money to do so. Those are the morons. Bush is not. To say Bush is a moron, is one of the stupidest biggest most unfounded lie I have ever heard. It is a lie or ploy from the delusional types from the left.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old May 2, 2003, 09:57   #33
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Local Time: 19:36
Imran.
The fact that Bush is highly intelligent isn't news to anyone, except those who aren't.
Old May 2, 2003, 09:58   #34
gsmoove23
Warlord

He's smarter then hollywood actors? Well, he must be intelligent.
Old May 2, 2003, 10:00   #35
Giancarlo
King

Oh he is way smarter than them. And infact many here.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old May 2, 2003, 10:01   #36
Lincoln
King

Some of the "highly intelligent" posters here at Apolyton cannot stand the thought that the president of the United States actually is smarter than them. Leave them alone in their delusion. It seems to satisfy some inner need to be superior. They will be the last to accept the fact that they are the ignorant ones and their base judgments about a man like George Bush simply show their envy and lack of objectivity. So keep it up! We can use the entertainment.
Old May 2, 2003, 10:04   #37
gsmoove23
Warlord

Listen, I'm willing to accept Bush isn't stupid but you're pushing it with highly intelligent. I don't think the statements of an ally are any proof, nor going to a school that his rich influential father went to, so what proof do ya got?
Old May 2, 2003, 10:09   #38
Clear Skies
Prince

There are at least five books on how dumb he is (e.g. the Bushisms books), yet I don't see Fez coming up with any links to prove Goerge W's intelligence...
"Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman
Old May 2, 2003, 10:10   #39
Lincoln
King

I, for one, did not call him highly intelligent but he is obviously quite intelligent and he has the common sense to go with it. Something that is often lacking in the academics that constantly deride him.
Old May 2, 2003, 10:14   #40
Lincoln
King

You people ridicule him for an impediment in delivering his thoughts. Do you also ridicule evereone who has a handicap of some kind? Many great leaders could not speak well. You simple show your intolerance.
Old May 2, 2003, 10:15   #41
gsmoove23
Warlord

quite intelligent, uh sure I can let that go, the common sense thing, well...
Old May 2, 2003, 10:15   #42
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Highly intelligent, is just another relative term.

Compared to many at ACS, the sonofa***** is Einstein.
Old May 2, 2003, 10:16   #43
Ned
King

Local Time: 16:36
He delivers a really good speech, but is less articulate off-the-cuff. I'm not sure that he is highly intelligent, but I am not sure that he is not. What I do believe though, is that he thinks clearly and has courage.

Regardless of the answer on intelligence, I think he has, at this point, become an outstanding leader and a great president.

Last edited by Ned; May 2, 2003 at 11:53.
Old May 2, 2003, 10:19   #44
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Clear Skies
There are at least five books on how dumb he is (e.g. the Bushisms books), yet I don't see Fez coming up with any links to prove Goerge W's intelligence...
And just who wrote these books?

Compared to you, Bush is an Einstein. You cannot even spell his first name right! That shows a lot on your part.

With this intelligence, charsma and courage he has become one of the greatest presidents the US has had in a long tiime.

You liberals whine and scream about your little unfounded lies... well... about leadership you will never have.
Old May 2, 2003, 10:21   #45
Clear Skies
Prince

Oh for God's sake, one typo and I'm stupid...I'm going to Oxford, for crying out loud.
Jacob Weisberg is the author of Bushisms and More Bushisms.
"Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman
Old May 2, 2003, 10:21   #46
gsmoove23
Warlord

I don't scream.
Old May 2, 2003, 10:23   #47
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Oh for God's sake, one typo and I'm stupid...I'm going to Oxford, for crying out loud.
Jacob Weisberg is the author of Bushisms and More Bushims.
Good for you. I am going to CSUN in Los Angeles.

Let me apologize for that attack on that typo.

Anyways anybody who would write such a book is foolish in all senses. I even misspeak sometimes, but that does not denote idiocy.
Old May 2, 2003, 10:26   #48
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 17:36
Blair is a politician, and it pays to kiss American booty. So there ya go!
Old May 2, 2003, 10:26   #49
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 01:36
I could do 238597432985*0.3907853 in my head but as soon as you ask me to read a page or two from a complicated speech i might freeze and stutter especially in front of a large crowd, am i therefore stupid ??
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old May 2, 2003, 10:28   #50
Lefty Scaevola
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Bush didn't have the SAT scores to get into all those posh places,
Bull. Bush's SAT were published is newsweek article in 2000 and they were very good. Better than Gore's (who only veleased his verbal) and better than Bradley's, the suposed smart guy in the 2000 race.
None of them were anywhere near MY scores of course, but surely superior what to yours would be.
From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"
Old May 2, 2003, 10:29   #51
Clear Skies
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
Anyways anybody who would write such a book is foolish in all senses. I even misspeak sometimes, but that does not denote idiocy.
He writes it to fill a perceived hole in the market, and since it does well it's obviously a good allocation of resources :P I would've thought a free marketeer like you would applaud such enterprise and initiative.

As for the mis-speaking...it's not the simple fact, it's the sheer volume of such mis-speakings, and the fact that frequently he doesn't make any attempt to correct himself, and sometimes doesn't even seem to realise what he's said is wrong. Someone without a decent grasp of their first language (in W's case, his only language) can't be said to be a genius.
Old May 2, 2003, 10:30   #52
Boris Godunov
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola

Bull. Bush's SAT were published is newsweek article in 2000 and they were very good (IIRFC upper 1200s which would tanslate ot uppers 1300s currently). Better than Gore's (who only veleased his verbal) and better than Bradley's, the suposed smart guy in the 2000 race.Bush's SAT were published is newsweek article in 2000 and they were very good. Better than Gore's (who only veleased his verbal) and better than Bradley's, the suposed smart guy in the 2000 race.
None of them were anywhere near MY scores of course, but surely superior to you.
Stutter much?

Anyway, you're flat out wrong. Gore's scores were higher than Bush.

Bush scored a 1206, Gore scored a 1355. Both Gore's verbal and math were higher than Bush's:

http://www.insidepolitics.org/heard/heard32300.html

SATs are not indicative of intelligence as it is.

A 1200 score is hardly Yale material, however.
Old May 2, 2003, 10:38   #53
Tingkai
Prince

Local Time: 08:36
Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
What I do believe though, is that he thinks clearly and has courage.
What courage? The US is the most powerful nation on earth. So far, Bush has invaded Afghanistan and Iraq, a bunch of countries that don't even rate as two-bit.

The troops going in and doing the dirty work are courageous. What has Bush done that really took guts?
Old May 2, 2003, 10:40   #54
Lefty Scaevola
lifer
Emperor

Stammer sometimes, but not stutter. Some popup ad fouled me up on the edit post form. Strangest damn thing. The entire Poly window started flipping colors just as I edited. The part I moved with a cut and paste did not show up after a cntl+v, I hit it again, and then both apeared when I hit submit.
From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"
Old May 2, 2003, 10:41   #55
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Desperation to bash Bush leads people to say some of the most ignorant things imagineable.

It really is amusing, coming in an intelligence thread.
Old May 2, 2003, 10:41   #56
Tingkai
Prince

Local Time: 08:36
None of this really matters. We know that Clinton is a highly intelligent. Ya don't win the Rhodes scholarship unless you're brilliant. But that didn't stop Clinton from doing some dumb ass things with Monica et al.
Old May 2, 2003, 10:50   #57
Lefty Scaevola
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov
Anyway, you're flat out wrong. Gore's scores were higher than Bush.

Bush scored a 1206, Gore scored a 1355. Both Gore's verbal and math were higher than Bush's:
The Newsweek artiicle, which had only only Gore's verbal, because he would not give persmission to show his math. Test are commonly taken 2 or 3 times. I would assume the candidates realeased their best scores. The article you cite is from 'confidential' scources. Given Gore's tactical aplomb, it should not be too suprising that he would realease his lower verbal, and not his higher math score.

Edit: I remember assuming that if Gore realeased his verbal score and not his math, it meant his math score was crap. It appears rather that is was just some dumb paperwork error corresponding with Newsweek that he did not realease it.

Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; May 2, 2003 at 13:09.
Old May 2, 2003, 10:54   #58
Q Classic
Emperor

can we just leave it at everybody: bush, gore, blair, you, you, you and you are all stupid fcuks?
Old May 2, 2003, 10:58   #59
Boris Godunov
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
The Newsweek artiicle, which had only only Gore's verbal, because he would not give persmission to show his math. Test are commonly taken 2 or 3 times. I would assume the candidates realeased their best scores. The article you cite is from 'confidential' scources. Given Gore's tactical aplomb, it should not be too suprising that he would realease his lower verbal, and not his higher math score.
No, the article I cited was from:

Source: Washington Post, March 19, 2000

The Post received confidential transcripts (meaning the sources were official).

I'm calling BS on the Newsweek claim until I see a source for that. Regardless, 1206 were Bush's transcript SAT scores, 1355 were Gore's. No matter how you slice it, Gore's scores beat Bush's. If you want to maybe compare Bush's highest scores to Gore's lowest, then maybe you'll finagle the result you want, but that's a pretty meaningless comparison.

It's irrelevant anyway, as SAT scores don't necessarily reflect intelligence. It's easy for someone who isn't too bright to work their tail off prepping for the tests and score reasonably high. I happen to work with such a person, oy.

Last edited by Boris Godunov; May 2, 2003 at 11:13.
Old May 2, 2003, 11:00   #60
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

A hunter kills a deer and brings it home. He decides to clean and serve the
deer meat for supper. He knows his kids are fussy eaters, and won't eat it
if they know what it is. So he doesn't tell them. His little boy keeps
asking him, "What's for supper dad?" "You'll see", he replies. They start
eating supper and his daughter keeps asking him what they are eating. "Ok",