Old May 17, 2003, 02:36   #181
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 17:39
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
There were no official provisions because the issue was never resolved - and you should remember that I raised precisely this issue when the subject was first brought up. And I do not consider it in any way fair to force a faction to assume that everything they've done is now known to another team because a player decided to switch sides.
If we were perhaps a few more turns into the game I would agree, but thus far only 1 to 2 turns have been played, so I cannot possibly imagine what grand plans you could have conceived that could not be changed.
Old May 17, 2003, 02:37   #182
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:39
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000

However, yet still there were no official provisions. It is irrelevant as to whether they were solved or not. One cannot say that something is illegal simply because it was never resolved, for it remains illegal until declared illegal.
I never said it was illegal; I said it should be, and that claiming that it shouldn't be simply because we enver decided to make it so is specious because the discussion was enver resolved, and was instead ignored.
Old May 17, 2003, 02:39   #183
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 00:39
Quote:

I never said it was illegal; I said it should be, and that claiming that it shouldn't be simply because we enver decided to make it so is specious because the discussion was enver resolved, and was instead ignored.
Well, what is done is done and I have done nothing violating the rules of the game. If you wish to create rules following this incident, then I suggest that you do so immediately before others follow my example.

However, I have found refuge with in the Human Hive and there I shall stay for all time!!!!
Old May 17, 2003, 02:40   #184
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:39
Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire

If we were perhaps a few more turns into the game I would agree, but thus far only 1 to 2 turns have been played, so I cannot possibly imagine what grand plans you could have conceived that could not be changed.
Deciding on what tech path to pursue is a fairly important one, which shouldn't have to be changed because one player decided to join another team; and knowledge of our position on the map (and what our start looks like, to say nothing of what our password is) is also fairly important knowledge, is it not?
Old May 17, 2003, 02:47   #185
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
Deciding on what tech path to pursue is a fairly important one, which shouldn't have to be changed because one player decided to join another team; and knowledge of our position on the map (and what our start looks like, to say nothing of what our password is) is also fairly important knowledge, is it not?
Tech path aside, I'll agree. The location you will just have to trust Tass not to reveal, the password I believe can be changed by Googlie.
Old May 17, 2003, 02:49   #186
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Hopefully I have resolved the issue with GT
Old May 17, 2003, 05:09   #187
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 01:39
The Human Hive State Security welcomes you, Tassadar. We expect hundreds of people to leave their "democratic" and "wealthy" origins to join the only faction that can really promise the best life possible.

Furthermore we hope that you have forgotten our former quarrels...

And for the University members:
It is unlikely that Tass will carry that dangerous knowledge for long since every citizens is nerve stapled twice a week just out of habit because there a so many exciting things to see here that one forgets about his former life within days!
Old May 17, 2003, 06:53   #188
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Also, there is the idea that even if he were not to reveal anything, which I trust him to do, when he is discussing what to do next, he has the information from the UoP in the back of his head, and that could affect his advice. If they are deciding which SPs to go for, and thus which techs to get, he knows what the UoP will be going for. If someone asks him for his opinion, it will be clouded by the fact that he knows what one of the fastest researching factions is going for. Also, when talking about exploring, he knows whereabouts of the map the UoP is. Thus even without revealing it, if it's a decision between going North or going South, and he knows the UoP is North, it will cloud the advice he gives.

Also, without the two factions having met, it is hard to RP it. Did he walk of into the wilderness for miles and then found the Hive?

As I said I the other thread, I would personally not allow defectors untilt he factions have met. Thus they know where each other is, and possibly have even infiltrated. However it is up to Tassadar, the UoP and the Hive to decide this particular case. I would just like that as a general rule.

On a side not, I have PMed Markos, because GT being mod of this main forum, means he can access all forums IIRC, and have mod powers there This is obviously not fair, and I think Googlie should become mod of the main ACDG forum, since he is the only one who is in all forums and impartial.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 17, 2003, 06:58   #189
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

I think this is bad. Tass, since you obviously made up your mind about this a long time ago, you could have had the basic decency to join the Hive from scratch.

Feh. I think I'll take a few days off this one. Can't say I find it all that amusing anymore.
Old May 17, 2003, 07:07   #190
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

It will be a shame to see you go Moomin

Old May 17, 2003, 07:08   #191
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 02:39
I agree with moomin. Everyone was surprised you joined the UoP instead of the Hive. You even started the thread about defections yourself some time ago. This shows well you never had any intention of staying with the UoP. Personally I think you should be thrown out of the Hive ànd the UoP at least until these factions have met.
Old May 17, 2003, 07:15   #192
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 14:39
don't worry guys, he hasn't said anything. And I'm being 100 percent honest here.

I agree that Googlie should be a mod as well seeing as how is seems EXTREMELY impartial and very fair. I trust Tassadar won't divulge any information about the University, and quite frankly, wouldn't like it if other people divulged our information.

I put my trust in Tass and not as a fellow teammate but as a regular Apolytoner. Unfortunately, i don't hold any sway in the Hive but rest assured, I want my first (official) Democracy game to be an enjoyable experience and will make sure that is remains so.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old May 17, 2003, 07:19   #193
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Maniac-do you propose that we quarrintine Tassadar's citizenship until our two factions meet? Maybe not have Tass hold a position where his knowledge would affect the outcome of the game?

I'm just trying to make this fair here.
Old May 17, 2003, 07:27   #194
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 02:39
Exactly! (Though I'm actually shooting myself in the foot by this as I've thought about defecting to the Hive as well due to certain ideological problems in the CyCon.)
Old May 17, 2003, 07:39   #195
Drogue
staff

I agree with Frankychan and Maniac.

Maniac: Please don't go because of that. When it comes to running the game, we agree on a lot, just not on a few RP bits. Feel free to RP as you wish, and I will do the same. Just because we disagree on that, doesn't mean we cannot still run the faction, IMHO.

Old May 17, 2003, 07:48   #196
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

drone
Old May 17, 2003, 07:51   #197
Frankychan
King

Well, I just sent a PM to the Chairman explaining this. I'm glad we have (hopefully) avoided a major incident here and can continue to be able to enjoy this.
Old May 17, 2003, 08:00   #198
Timbba
ACDG Planet University of Technology
Chieftain

Is this *still* a signup thread? =)

And, if it is, can I join the University? Whee!
Old May 17, 2003, 08:02   #199
Frankychan
King

Yes it still is

Glad to see another person aboard!
Old May 17, 2003, 08:02   #200
Drogue
staff

Likewise about the enjoyment. Fun is the most important thing

Old May 17, 2003, 08:14   #201
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Think about the following:
What if Tass doesn´t reveal YOUR information, but OURS???
It´s the same thing. We just have to trust him about this. And if he doesn´t want to kill fun, he wouldn´t give advices that are based upon his knowledge where the UoP is located. For all the other things, our decisions don´t depend on your intelligence.
We decided what techs to go after long before, may you research the same or not.

The Hive doesn´t need to react to your faction´s decisions.
THE HIVE IS THE MOTOR OF THIS WORLD!
Old May 17, 2003, 08:15   #202
Timbba
Chieftain

Hmm... where can I find more information about the democracy game? The FAQ didn't tell much...
Old May 17, 2003, 08:20   #203
Drogue
staff

Timbba: Basically it's a PBEM, but instead of one person, there are teams playing each faction, that you can join.

Ask away for more info

Old May 17, 2003, 08:22   #204
Frankychan
King

what would you like to know?
Old May 17, 2003, 08:30   #205
Timbba
Chieftain

Does every player get a city in the team's faction to command, or what's the role of different players in a team?
How is a new player... umm... integrated into the game when it's already in progress?
And can I play with plain AC without Crossfire?
Old May 17, 2003, 08:41   #206
Frankychan
King

OK,

You take on the role of a citizen within the faction. Each faction has their own way of handling internal affairs such as this. Usually when important events are happening, your faction will have a thread to discuss it. You can have one person manage one city or your whole faction can determine the whole fate of your cities. Each one has different positions within the government that need to be filled, each role is different so I suggest you go into your private forum (click on 'private forum' next to your faction at the top of this page) and once your in there, make a new thread asking for help.

Your fellow citizens should help you out and answer your specific questions.
Old May 17, 2003, 08:44   #207
Timbba
Chieftain

Still "awaiting authorization" so can't get to the forum =).
Old May 17, 2003, 08:47   #208
Drogue
staff

Which faction? The game has only just started (one or two turns played) so it won't be a problem integrating.

In the CyCon, we all discuss and decide on everything, then the Prime Function (myself ATM) plays the turn, when it comes round to our go.

Old May 17, 2003, 08:48   #209
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

And yes you can play with plain AC but you will not be able to open the game from the download. However the discussion and forums will give you a major insight as to what is happening. Also several of the factions, if not all, have someone capable of reproducing screenshots of current play.
Old May 17, 2003, 08:50   #210
Frankychan
King

ok, you probably want to contact someone from the same faction as the one you want to join. I see that you have chosen the Unversity (the Planet University of Technology) so find someone with the same symbol next to their name and click on the 'send private message' icon on the top of their posts... it is the third icon...the one with two ppl next to an envelope.

You'll be taken to a new screen where you will have to enter in the subject of the private message (here, you can just label it 'I wanna join the University', or something) and just tell the person that you want in. They should then contact the person in charge. I think the person in charge of the University is Dean Archaic. (we are sort of roleplaying the parts here )

You'll probably have to wait for confirmation. I don't know how long it's going to take for University members.