Old May 17, 2003, 08:50   #211
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:40
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue

On a side not, I have PMed Markos, because GT being mod of this main forum, means he can access all forums IIRC, and have mod powers there This is obviously not fair, and I think Googlie should become mod of the main ACDG forum, since he is the only one who is in all forums and impartial.
I PMed Markos about the matter a few days ago, actually, as I had just found by accident that I could get into other teams' forums (and no, I closed the window immediately, so I didn't learn anything), and he's fixed that problem, so the only issue is if you feel my being a team member has some effect on something else.

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; May 17, 2003 at 09:09.
Old May 17, 2003, 08:51   #212
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 14:40
Local Date: November 1, 2010
thanks guys for helping me explain.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old May 17, 2003, 09:21   #213
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 17:40
Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire

the password I believe can be changed by Googlie.
I have never found a way to do that once a game is in progress. I have e-mailed some renowned CMN's for any suggestions they might have.

G.
Old May 17, 2003, 09:25   #214
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus

and he's fixed that problem,
GT - You are still accredited as co-moderator on all the private forums.

G.
Old May 17, 2003, 10:17   #215
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 01:40

Well, that is kind of concerning for us...

A faculty member spy within the Hive??? Time to get the police state up and running...
Old May 17, 2003, 10:19   #216
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Btw am I the only one who can't see the drone icon properly.
Old May 17, 2003, 11:57   #217
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 02:40
hard to tell those are not spotted that often
Old May 17, 2003, 12:04   #218
mark13
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 00:40
Yeah, I can see the drone icon no problem...
Old May 17, 2003, 15:35   #219
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

"Time to chastize the forum:

I'm just tired of all this over-reaction. From not having any "decency" to talks of me being banned until we can RP this thing to actually RESTARTING THE DEMO GAME simply to change a password I've already promised not to reveal....It is MOST apparent that I am neither welcome nor trusted here, which disappoints me to the fullest as it simply serves as a testement to the paranoia that can ensue and I surely do hope that when something far more serious is done this demo game will be able to survive.

It is also more than obvious that the primal intent of this demo game seems to be "Win! Win! WIN!" instead of having fun. Your all so concerned that I'm going to divulge secrets (most of which I have no knowledge of, such as what were trying to build, where were trying to go, where we are....) and that it will make you LOSE that you cannot seem to even comprehend that I may have decided to switch factions simply because I was NOT having fun. Yes, it is selfish but I thought that the purpose of demo games was to simply have fun, not to win. But now I see all too clearly that I was sorely wrong.

Moomin: How do you go off saying that I had every intention of defecting ever since the start? You know notihng of my thought processes. In fact, I only begun thinking of defection when I saw how many members the Hive had....and how much livelier and fun it seemed. Don't jump to conclusions lest you land in a pile of your own feces.

Maniac: You want an RP solution to this? How about this: Yes, I walked miles and miles and found the hive (which, of course, only serves as a testement to the Hives glory!!!! ). I walked for 6 days and 6 nights and on the seventh day....I found the human hive. It was my religion that led me to it

However, being the little ***** I am I'm not leaving. I'm going to stay here and be a thorn in everyones side and have fun. Hopefully, you will all learn to simply COPE WITH IT and TRUST ME. The Hive isn't suddenly going to get planet bursters and nuke you, and Satan isn't going to come out of the ground and entangle you in thousands of demon boils (well.....Not of my own doing anyways).

I am going to stay here and try to preserve what I percieve to be the reason of demogames: TO HAVE FUN. Deal with it."

----Tassadar
---"Speech to the Infidels"
Old May 17, 2003, 15:50   #220
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Tass: The restart wasn't just about that. It was partly about that yes, but also about the UoP problem with the save, and the problem with GT being allowed into all forums.

We do trust you, this is not because it was you, this is just about defection. If it was somebody else, the same would happen IMHO. Since we are so near the begining, a restart is not such a major thing, and tackles all the problems.

I am glad you are not leaving, you bring a lot to the game. The objective is to have fun, which is people defect a lot, will not happen. I personally trust you, but I think anyone actions will be swayed by what they know. Thus I agree with the consensus that defections should not be allowed (maybe if your faction has been destroyed).

I am sorry you feel victimised, I do not think it was intentional. I hope you do stay involved. It would be a great shame to lose you.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 17, 2003, 16:06   #221
Googlie
Emperor

Tass:

I'm glad you're staying.

Obviously we wouldn't have restarted if it had been turn 2135, and three months down the line.

But there were some other reasons - some of which Drogue has outlined - as well as some internal ones that let me prep the restart better (for example, I hadn't prototyped the Drones' syntharmor nor the Borgs laser weapons, which cost them valuable energy credits to do - I was able to rectify that in the restart)

I was also able to give a preferred password to one of the factions (they had e-mailed me way when ACDG (2) was a concept, and I'd forgotten)

Plus, you get to be a grandfather out of all this - and you know how the Hive revere their elders ..........

G.
Old May 17, 2003, 16:11   #222
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Old May 17, 2003, 16:19   #223
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 14:40
kick a**.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old May 17, 2003, 19:28   #224
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Maniac: Please don't go because of that. When it comes to running the game, we agree on a lot, just not on a few RP bits. Feel free to RP as you wish, and I will do the same. Just because we disagree on that, doesn't mean we cannot still run the faction, IMHO.
I probably won't. I just said the thought crossed my mind. But since RP was a big reason for me for deciding which faction to join, I find the RP bits rather important.
Old May 17, 2003, 21:44   #225
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Likewise. Which is why is exactly why I chose the CyCon.

Old May 17, 2003, 22:46   #226
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Googlie

GT - You are still accredited as co-moderator on all the private forums.

G.
However, I can no longer access them.
Old May 18, 2003, 05:17   #227
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

SO we're all sorted out and friends again?

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 18, 2003, 10:56   #228
jrl306
Settler

I would like to join the The Nautilus Pirates please.
Old May 18, 2003, 10:58   #229
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Send a PM to Hercules, then he can authorise you

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 18, 2003, 11:56   #230
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

jrl306 welcome to the pirates. Please send me a PM or email with your email address and any other communication channels you are on like ICQ , Yahoo.

When I receive your email I 'll authorise you and then you will receive your parrot and eye patch Oh and keg of Xeno Rum.

My email is xxxcathal.mullaghan@ntlworld.comxxx without the xxxs of course.

I'll go and check my PM now
Old May 18, 2003, 12:06   #231
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 19:40
Oh, by the way, I joined the CyCon... they keep asking to put these funny gadgets in my head, but other than that it's pretty fun
Old May 19, 2003, 04:12   #232
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

So why don't you have the CyCon civgroup icon by your avatar?
Old May 19, 2003, 06:58   #233
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

He has
Old May 19, 2003, 07:00   #234
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

He didn't when I posted that...
Old May 19, 2003, 07:06   #235
Drogue
staff

I authorised him a few days ago, and he's been posting a bit, so he should have had it. Not sure, I didn't really notice.

Old May 19, 2003, 07:07   #236
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

*shrugs* Well, I didn't see it. I guess it's possible that it just wasn't showing up for me; I had a similar problem with TKG earlier today...
Old May 19, 2003, 11:48   #237
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 21:40
i think they turn off in high-traffic hours.
Old May 19, 2003, 19:14   #238
Hercules
Deity

I have a, 'Iskander' wanting to join our Pirate team and I am pleased about that.
Can she/he post details in the faction sign up thread or post email
xxxxcathal.mullaghan@ntlworls.com excluding the xxs
Old May 19, 2003, 19:16   #239
Hercules
Deity

Iskander, I thought I remember a name like that from the past somewhere.
Old May 20, 2003, 10:54   #240
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 18:40
Aren't you all 'Iskanders'?

Grapefruit Garden