I'm not American and I prefer Bush 7 8.33%
I prefer bananas to both of them 8 9.52%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 3, 2003, 11:43   #31
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 21:41
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Zkribbler: Excuses, excuses, excuses.. Clinton didn't do squat.

And Bush led the country into recession? Since when? The slowdown came months before he went into office.

Quote:
and is in the process of giving us the biggest deficient in the history of humanity.
Actually no. The deficit was much greater in the 40s, 50s, and 60s.

Leftist lies.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old May 3, 2003, 12:02   #32
Jac de Molay
Prince

Local Time: 00:41
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Clinton had a more sensible economic policy, based on more realistic expectations. He was helped out by efficiency and productivity increases thanks to technology.

The states are facing their worst economic outlook since the Depression-especially for education, but thanks in no small part to homeland security and other mandates handed to them. And Bush is still pushing for tax cuts...
sad
"Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.
Old May 3, 2003, 12:03   #33
Giancarlo
King

This is becoming pathetic... Clinton had a sensible economic policy? Since when?

This forum is in such a sad state.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old May 3, 2003, 12:08   #34
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 17:41
Fez, why do you feel the need to pick fights with everyone who has a different opinion than you? Are you so insecure in your beliefs that you can't just state what you feel and leave others be?

You pick fights, get trounced and then cry that people are messing with you. Notice your very first post in this thread contained an unprovoked attack on another poster. I think you need to take MtG's advice:

"If you're going to leave, do it. If not, don't. No more of this "I'm gonna take my ball and go home" crap, though. Whoever said you need to grow up some is right. No matter who you are, no matter what you think or say or believe, there's going to be a couple of billion people who disagree with you, and a few of those might actually say it. Who cares? It's called life."

Last edited by Boris Godunov; May 3, 2003 at 12:18.
Old May 3, 2003, 12:25   #35
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 20:41
tough question.

I like some things Bush is doing domestically. i.e. tax cuts. But i really fricken hate what he is doing internationally i.e. the iraq war.

Clinton... I guess i don't have strong feelings either way. I like the fact the budget was balanced, though the credit may go to the republican congress more than clinton. Of course Bush has screwed that all up.

No i don't give Bill credit for good economy in the 90s nor blame George for bad economy (or more accurately a "less good" economy today")

It is tough though because of the times. I was liking Bush before 9-11, but everything just went to hell after that. I can't entirely blame him either, what would any other American president do in the face of such a horrific attack on our nation?

I think i'm going to cast a reluctant vote for that damn Democrat bastard Clinton.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old May 3, 2003, 12:28   #36
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov
Fez, why do you feel the need to pick fights with everyone who has a different opinion than you? Are you so insecure in your beliefs that you can't just state what you feel and leave others be?
I am not insecure in anything.

Quote:
You pick fights, get trounced and then cry that people are messing with you.
Wrong again!
Old May 3, 2003, 12:55   #37
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 17:41
Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus_MST
Not American and I prefer Clinton.

Why?
Because Clinton respected other countries and international treaties,
whereas George W. Bush gives a crap on them.
Ditto.
Old May 3, 2003, 13:04   #38
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
A man who plays saxophone is not bad at all.
Amen to that

Voted Clinton, being a non-American. He was intelligent, and apart from the sex scandel, his ideas were pretty good, IMHO. He may not have been responsible for the good economy, but at least he didn't wreck it, which is easy to do. He bailed out Mexico, helped the Irish Peace Process (somewhat) and apart from a small 'surgical strike', respected the UN and international community. In terms of domestic policy, he did far better than a tax cutting Republican would have done. But then, being slightly left of centre, American-wise, I would think that.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 3, 2003, 13:09   #39
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

I view the sex scandal as a plus point. The only thing that Dubya has done that is half as entertaining is nearly dying from choking on a pretzel. At least Clinton had the good sense to get someone else to choke on his salty snacks.
Old May 3, 2003, 13:22   #40
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Quote:
I view the sex scandal as a plus point. The only thing that Dubya has done that is half as entertaining is nearly dying from choking on a pretzel. At least Clinton had the good sense to get someone else to choke on his salty snacks.

I would congratulate Clinton on scoring, but being the most powerful man in the world probably makes it a lot easier, and being married gives it a lot more consequences.

Quote:
wow! some people really seem to belive that a weak currency is best for a country and a strong currency should be prevented.
I cannot believe I am saying this, but for once, I think Fez has a point. When exports need a boost, devaluing a currency can help dramatically. Look at the UK, we have too strong a pound, or at least, did for while, and it caused incompetativeness on the world markets. You don't need a weak currency, but a strong one is just as bad.

Old May 3, 2003, 13:23   #41
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

Bush respects and appreciates the armed forces. He doesn't let terrorists attack our ships and embasys, let alone skyscrapers, without striking back with an aim no less than destroying terrorism. You'll notice that his policys are bringing to justice terrorists that killed American military and civilians that commited their terror acts during Clinton's pathetic presidency, something Clinton never had the balls to do, though provoked repeatedly. Bush is doing Clinton's job which Clinton left undone for fear of upsetting the voters.

Now in the middle east the ******* regimes are more scared of the US than they are of the terrorists, and I'm into that. Payback pays off.

So I voted for Bush.
Old May 3, 2003, 13:27   #42
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Lancer
Now in the middle east the ******* regimes are more scared of the US than they are of the terrorists, and I'm into that. Payback pays off.
I'm not, they should be scared of neither. I agree with removing the terrorists, I just get a little cloudy about who Bush thinks of as terrorists at times.

Old May 3, 2003, 13:29   #43
yago
Settler

Clinton.

Bush: As a President of an English speaking country, he shouldn't give me the impression, that I speak his own language better than him.
Old May 3, 2003, 13:42   #44
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

yago, who gives a **** if he dousn't speak perfectly? He's actually a damn >>president<< for once, not a wimp with a title.

Drogue, why do you not prefer dictators to be scared?
Old May 3, 2003, 13:45   #45
yavoon
Warlord

clinton as a politician was complete dead weight. the only reason he was in office was to stay in office and all his decisions reflected that.
Old May 3, 2003, 14:01   #46
JCG
Prince

Local Time: 19:41
They're both bananas.
Old May 3, 2003, 14:02   #47
gsmoove23
Warlord

The whole Bush stands tall and strong crushing terrorism arguement is a little hard to stomach since it was hardly a part of his agenda before 3,000+ Americans died and there was a major attack on the Pentagon. I'm pretty sure any president would have cracked a whole lotta heads, Clinton would have done it in such a way that we might still have much of the world behind us with full cooperation. I was in Britain after 9/11 for a year and it was amazing, EVERYONE said such nice things to me, "we're behind you all the way". Couple more months I had people coming up to me saying "What the **** is wrong with your president!"

I like to travel abroad without posing as a canadien so I have to say Clinton.
Old May 3, 2003, 14:11   #48
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 02:41
@fp
-
Clinton got my vote.
Old May 3, 2003, 14:16   #49
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

I would eventually say Clinton after much hesitation.

Clinton : a hypocritical liar who half-assed every initiative. Completely spineless. Unforgivable when it comes to social security and healthcare, since he actually gave hopes about them. Unforgivable in his foreign policies since he actually conduced wars of agression, with enough hypocrisy for the world not to react.

Bush : A bigoted moron who believes the US has to fight a 'crusade' for the 'good' (which obviously is his definition), and basically gives the whole world the finger, while doing poorly on the domestic level. BUT, he has the added value of accelerating America's downfall from its hyperpower status, which is always good in my book.

The thing that has swayed me in favor of Clinton is that the brainwashing, self-righteousness and self-serving bigotism wasn't nearly as high under him as under Bush. I cannot forgive Bush for trying to turn America in a nation of brainwashed zealots
Old May 3, 2003, 14:20   #50
Lancer
Deity

**** you
Old May 3, 2003, 14:25   #51
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

"You disagree with me, that makes you the enemy. **** you!"

Lighten up for god's sake.
Old May 3, 2003, 14:30   #52
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
Orignially posted by Spiffor
[...]trying to turn America in a nation of brainwashed zealots
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancer
**** you
Thanks for helping me proving my point
Old May 3, 2003, 14:31   #53
Lancer
Deity

Too many people are lite around here already.
Old May 3, 2003, 14:35   #54
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Zkribbler
Clinton ended the war in Bosnia, prevented genocide in Kosova, and installed democracy in Haiti.
I fail to see how those were any of our concern. What national interest was at stake?
Old May 3, 2003, 14:53   #55
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 20:41
Weren't you the ones who screwed up Haiti in the first place? My history is kinda fuzzy on that. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old May 3, 2003, 15:01   #56
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by St Leo
Weren't you the ones who screwed up Haiti in the first place?
I don't think so. Haiti seems to be more than capable of putting thier own dictators into power all on thier own, ex. Papa Doc.
Old May 3, 2003, 15:24   #57
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc
I fail to see how those were any of our concern. What national interest was at stake?
America needs a little more humanity, don't you agree?

Quote:
**** you

Your too tight. Your even being trolled by someone who doesnt troll (openly)

Quote:
The whole Bush stands tall and strong crushing terrorism arguement is a little hard to stomach since it was hardly a part of his agenda before 3,000+ Americans died and there was a major attack on the Pentagon. I'm pretty sure any president would have cracked a whole lotta heads, Clinton would have done it in such a way that we might still have much of the world behind us with full cooperation. I was in Britain after 9/11 for a year and it was amazing, EVERYONE said such nice things to me, "we're behind you all the way". Couple more months I had people coming up to me saying "What the **** is wrong with your president!"
You will also note that there is a much more sizable connection between PAKISTAN and AL QAEDA or SAUDI ARABIA and AL QAEDA than there is between IRAQ and AL QAEDA.

Quote:
Drogue, why do you not prefer dictators to be scared?
Scared people react in many unpleasent ways.

Quote:
You pick fights, get trounced and then cry that people are messing with you.
Yes, and because he's not ANY good at trolling.....people just easily overpower him.

Quote:
This forum is in such a sad state.
Then why dont you leave it?

Quote:
And Bush led the country into recession? Since when? The slowdown came months before he went into office.
I remember watching TV and when the supreme court announced that there would be NO recounts......The Dow took a dive down by 1000

I still don't see how people don't understand that events have a VERY VERY large impact on the direction of the economy.

Quote:
Edit: By the way, the Guardian is one of the least credible sources you could used. They are famous for anti-americanism.
Fox news is famous for its "pro-americanism" jingoism.

Quote:
I had enough of these excuses and lies... obviously, none of you can respect my beliefs. And I shall not do so in the end.
Again Fez, leave. Stop threateneing to leave because in the end nobody cares.

If you can't stand the heat......then leave

Quote:
freedom did NOT suffer under W. how could I miss that?
Except for the patriot act? the homeland secuirty bill? Ashcroft saying he can hold illegal immigrants indefinately?

Quote:
By the way that third link is wrong. Bush isn't being unilateral.
Most of their populations have very little support for us, a lot of them need lotsa money so they've jumped onto the bandwagon to soak up the dollars......

Haven't you heard? Iraq will be divided up between US, UK................and............................. ...POLAND!!!!

Well, I'll stop for now.......
Old May 3, 2003, 15:35   #58
Uncle Sparky
NationStates
King

I'd definitely prefer Clinton.

The entire world was a much safer place when WMD stood for "Wetspot on Monica's Dress".

Besides, Dubbya has very little control of the presidency; that has been delegated to the hawks Bush Sr. kept under his thumb.
Old May 3, 2003, 15:42   #59
OneFootInTheGrave
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Sparky
I'd definitely prefer Clinton.

The entire world was a much safer place when WMD stood for "Wetspot on Monica's Dress".

Clinton

Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good.
Old May 3, 2003, 15:51   #60
Plan Austral
Spanish Civers
King

Location: Poster Formerly known as Kublai-Khan. Buenos Aires - Argentina.
I prefer Bush because he doesnt care about Latin America, Clinton was all the time molesting us with that free market for the americas deal.
Periodista : A proposito del escudo de la fe, Elisa, a mí me sorprendía Reutemann diciendo que estaba dispuesto a enfrentarse con el mismísimo demonio (Menem) y después terminó bajándose de la candidatura. Ahí parece que fuera ganando el demonio.

Elisa Carrio: No, porque si usted lee bien el Génesis dice que la mujer pisará la serpiente.