View Poll Results:
Let our expert CMN decide 11 73.33%
Use Morgan, the Believers and the Drones 4 26.67%
Xenobanana!/Light Fluffy Xenopancakes 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 3, 2003, 16:37   #1
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 21:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Which AI factions should participate? (part 2)
this is a redo of the last poll because it tied. this time you only have a choice of two options

- Let our expert CMN decide who we play with!
- Play with Morgan Industries, the Lord's Believers and the Free Drones
Old May 4, 2003, 00:00   #2
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 18:42
CMN

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old May 4, 2003, 09:23   #3
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 00:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
CMN I like a surprise, it's more realistic and fun. However those three would be a good three, if we don't want a surprise, IMHO.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 4, 2003, 10:38   #4
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I'd like a CMN to chosse Morgan the Belivers and the Drones See - everyone can be happy.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 4, 2003, 10:49   #5
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 01:42
I would hope for a CMN to come up with Deidre or The Sexless. They wouldn't go down to well with anyone who's in the game.
Old May 4, 2003, 12:19   #6
Alex
Emperor

CMN. But he better be damn good at his job.
Old May 4, 2003, 12:23   #7
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

The Sexless? Deirdre would be a bit boring IMHO.

Old May 4, 2003, 17:21   #8
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

CMN
Old May 7, 2003, 10:04   #9
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 17:42
I posted this in one of the other threads, but it prolly belongs here:

Do you want the AI to be:

- a pushover for whoever comes into contact with them
- an irritating opponent who is like a thorn in your side
- a nuisance that can cost you a base or two (or who can trade you a tech or two)
- strong faction(s) that will make it imperative that you conquer them or ally with them
- faction(s) with a real chance at winning (unlikely against human players, but possible depending on the AI factions and the tweaks they get)

I'd sense that #4 would give you most fun

Comments?

Googlie
Old May 7, 2003, 10:08   #10
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

#4! And it looks like that's something you can decide too, though I'd prefer see them as a good ally then as a possible winner.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old May 7, 2003, 12:10   #11
Drogue
staff

Personally, I would say don't beef them up much. It is a relatively small map, and most of us are unexperienced. I, and many of us, have never played PBEM at all before. Thus to make it inclusive, I would say go for something not much more beefed up than normal transcend. We have voted for your AI probe tweak, but I would say not much further.

Have pity on us n00bs who want to enjoy this. Especially sicne we want many people to join.

An ally yes, not a potential winner at all. And bear in mind how good we are (not that good, most of us from what it seems). Be kind

Old May 7, 2003, 12:27   #12
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 19:42
I agree.
Make them a challenge, but I don't want to be destroyed by them. My ego algorithms are much too unstable for that.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old May 7, 2003, 12:41   #13
FlameFlash
Emperor

Following Drogue's advice sounds about right.

Old May 7, 2003, 12:56   #14
Alex
Emperor

yep.
Old May 7, 2003, 13:14   #15
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Nothing to add.
Old May 7, 2003, 14:33   #16
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 02:42
Quote:
It is a relatively small map
Do you know something more than I do?

I'd vote for #4 like FlameFlash does.
Old May 7, 2003, 15:28   #17
Drogue
staff

Well, didn't we vote for a standard map in the map thread. That's pretty small IMHO, which is good and interesting, but means we don;t want strong AI wiping us out straight away

My idea was about a 3, not much more beefed up than transcend. Not much at all please

Old May 7, 2003, 15:30   #18
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 02:42
There were 7 people who voted Standard, but also 5 who voted Large, and six who voted Huge, so a large map seems the best compromise to me.
But it's all up to Googlie I guess.
Old May 7, 2003, 22:19   #19
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

I think Drogue has it about right.
Old May 8, 2003, 03:04   #20
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:42
I also agree with Drogue. We want them to be an actual factor in the game, but not sufficiently so that we might actually lose to them. If a team does lose, I'd bet they'd rather lose to a human team than a computer.
Old May 8, 2003, 05:15   #21
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Yeah. The AI should be strong enough not to provide a major free bonus to anyone who happens to start next to them, but no stronger.