E) Let the CMN use his good judgement. 13 10.16%
E) dense cloud cover 8 6.25%
E) average cloud cover 1 0.78%
E) sparse cloud cover 2 1.56%
Light & F)luffy Xenopancakes 11 8.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 3, 2003, 16:41   #1
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 02:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
"The Map", Part II
This poll told us a majority of Planet's citizens wants a CMN to generate a fair map. But TKG and FlameFlash were wondering if we shouldn't at least decide a few things ourselves. Therefore this second poll. I left out the options which didn't get any vote in the first poll. You have three days time.

Please vote only once in each category.

There, that should make it clear...
Old May 3, 2003, 16:55   #2
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 21:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
standard (oops! i voted large )
judgement
judgement
average
dense
pancakes
Old May 3, 2003, 16:59   #3
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

standard
50-70
rest judgement
Old May 3, 2003, 18:12   #4
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 18:42
A) Standard planet
B) 50-70% ocean
Rest Judgement

Although I probably should have gone average native life...
Old May 3, 2003, 23:59   #5
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

CMN

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old May 4, 2003, 08:36   #6
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 00:42
Standard Planet, dense cloud cover, and the rest CMN.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 4, 2003, 12:14   #7
Alex
Emperor

Everything CMN. I want someone to blame if things get wrong.
Old May 4, 2003, 17:26   #8
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 01:42
why not a bigger planet? voted cmn for that, because the bigger ones won´t win anyways. Perhaps the cmn will see the point on playing large maps.

Ok, the communication thing. But beside that? Gameplay would be better with really big empires.

50-70% water coverage, dense clouds. Rest cmn
Old May 4, 2003, 17:35   #9
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Micha
why not a bigger planet? voted cmn for that, because the bigger ones won´t win anyways. Perhaps the cmn will see the point on playing large maps.

Ok, the communication thing. But beside that? Gameplay would be better with really big empires.
I would suspect the game would take much longer to play on a larger map, as there would be much more movement.
Old May 4, 2003, 17:47   #10
Maniac

My issue with huge maps is that factions will probably never border each other unless there are empires of let's say 50+ bases. A smaller map makes diplomacy more intense, and border conflicts can actually be a reason to go to war, instead of merely trying to achieve a conquest victory.
Old May 4, 2003, 21:21   #11
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:42
And there's also the fact that no-one who played the last game is at all interested in playing another game where one has to move over 100 formers around each turn.
Old May 5, 2003, 00:18   #12
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 17:42
Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
And there's also the fact that no-one who played the last game is at all interested in playing another game where one has to move over 100 formers around each turn.
Just give general orders for terraforming, and let whoever is playing the turn decide what to do. Sure you don’t get ideal results like you would in total micro-management, but the game flows quickly at the end. Besides it will be a while before we encounter any such problems, a suitable solution could be found by then.
Old May 5, 2003, 00:19   #13
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Quote:

I wouldn't know...

Though I'll trust you on that one. Still, needs to be big enough... I want a decent amount of water/land to conquer explore.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old May 5, 2003, 00:20   #14
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Just give general orders for terraforming, and let whoever is playing the turn decide what to do. Sure you don’t get ideal results like you would in total micro-management, but the game flows quickly at the end. Besides it will be a while before we encounter any such problems, a suitable solution could be found by then.
It's not just moving them in accordance with orders given, it's moving them at all. I should know, I'm the one who had to do it.
Old May 5, 2003, 00:26   #15
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
It's not just moving them in accordance with orders given, it's moving them at all. I should know, I'm the one who had to do it.
Good point.
Old May 5, 2003, 09:53   #16
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

We pirates will solve all your former problems for you.
Old May 5, 2003, 09:55   #17
FlameFlash
Emperor

Hardy Har har!

Old May 5, 2003, 16:02   #18
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

who is the CMN anyways? as for the vote...all CMN....but now really who is it?
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old May 5, 2003, 16:59   #19
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

We haven't got one yet. Maniac (IIRC) was going to ask Googlie.

Old May 5, 2003, 17:01   #20
Maniac

Damn, they remember. We still need to know whether or not there will be a fifth team. When that's known I guess I could write a PM in 24 hours. (Now it's already late here in Belgium.)
Old May 5, 2003, 17:29   #21
Drogue
staff

I thought we voted for 4? Personally, I would stick with that, and get started before envolvement starts to wane.

Old May 5, 2003, 19:29   #22
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Second that. Let's roll. At least set up the fora, so that serious strategizing can begin!

Oh, and who has contacted that elusive CMN?
Old May 5, 2003, 19:35   #23
Voltaire
King

Agreed, let us at least set up a forum as stated by moomin; that way the factions can work out the little details of how to run the gov't, constitutions, etc. Things will go much smoother if we get this done now instead of waiting around for the game itself to start.
Old May 6, 2003, 03:12   #24
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Yes, set up the fora, and just go with four teams. We voted for that, after changing our minds from three; I think five would be too many, and it would lengthen the game too much, IMO.
Old May 6, 2003, 03:35   #25
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Ditto - Let's get started with the forums as soon as we can. And stick with 4 teams, as we voted.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 6, 2003, 03:36   #26
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Who taught you your Latin, WoA?
Old May 6, 2003, 03:47   #27
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Ummm... some guy with a beard.
Isn't fora only the plural when referring to multiple open spaces in Roman towns, and forums the plural when talking about such things as Apolyton? (See top of page "Apolyton CS Forums") Perhaps you're right, but then 'poly is wrong.

Start a thread in the A/C forum and complain. Always good fun.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 6, 2003, 05:06   #28
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

I very much doubt anybody who actually spoke latin could make that distinction. So with all due respect to 'Poly, I'll stick to fora until someone comes up with a better reference.

Not that the murderous scum of the Hive should care - you ought to be busy checking out Latin words for whip, slavery, genocide and oppression
Old May 6, 2003, 09:03   #29
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

lol

Just notice: Whether latin or not, that´s my hundredth post ( is that right? hundredth???)

edit: Even after hundred posts I still fail using the smilies-tags.
Old May 6, 2003, 12:35   #30
Alex
Emperor

damn newbies