Old May 3, 2003, 20:56   #1
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:43
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Turnchat #3 - 2900BC and onward time and orders
The next chat is provisionally scheduled for Wednesday evening GMT/EST time, and hopefully VP WhiteBandit will be running this at a time you NAmers and Euros can make it. This thread will be updated when he figure out when it can be.

Someone tell him he's doing this one, will they?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old May 4, 2003, 17:03   #2
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 20:43
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I will. WhiteBandit - you are running Wednesday's chat.
Old May 4, 2003, 17:10   #3
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 19:43
wednesday is good for me
Old May 4, 2003, 19:18   #4
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 16:43
Just got back from my trip Yeah I can run it.

What times sound good for everyone on Wednesday?

I have class at 4pm Pacific time on Wednesday (11PM GMT) and I usually leave by 3pm or so. So I can hold it anytime after say... 7pm Pacific or anytime before that.

I'd be willing to hold a chat at 9AM my time as well so that gives us a whole day.

Just want to see what the general consensus is?

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old May 4, 2003, 20:34   #5
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 21:43
What about other place for the chat? I can't connect with DalNet...
Old May 4, 2003, 20:56   #6
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

We can try to go back to Undernet for this chat, I think no one really had problems with that in the past. DALnet has always been pretty strict

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old May 4, 2003, 21:32   #7
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Final turnchat! It's like a month ago all over again.
Old May 4, 2003, 22:24   #8
Nuclear Winter
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineSpanish Civers
Prince

Don´t be pessimistic! Odin has given us a dangerous environment, so that our glory will be greater!
Well, at waht time does those chats happen? (GMT please!)
Old May 4, 2003, 23:47   #9
WhiteBandit
Prince

My tentative plan is about 4PM GMT if that works out for everyone?

That is 9AM Pacific, 12 Eastern.

Does this sound agreeable? I think a lot of US people might be at work or in school? :-/

I like how MrWIA let's me lead this turn chat too!

"Oh! Our nation is about to die, and there is an army at our gate and this will probably be the last turnchat. Can you play the next one for me? Thanks!"

Let's see what happens

Old May 5, 2003, 01:13   #10
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 00:43
Yeah, WB, I agree. What a chicken!

I can make this chat.
Old May 5, 2003, 07:35   #11
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Can't make the day chats. I liked the proposed evening time better.

But if more can make the day time slot, go fo it. It is more important that the various ministers be able to make it.
Old May 5, 2003, 07:52   #12
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:43
Well, I won't be able to attend a midweek chat, period. No time. I'll try to get some orders (if I actually have any to give) written up tommorow.
Old May 5, 2003, 17:16   #13
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Unortho PM'ed me and MWIA, and he will not be able to come back for this mid week chat. I will sub in orders for him and post them here.

I will not be able to attend the chat, as I am working from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm, and then I have to teach a ceramics class at the local community collage from 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm, all Eastern Daylight Savings Time (Detroit time = NYC time etc....). Following all that, I have to get up for work again at 6:00 am on Thursday, so spending 3 hours from midnight to 3 AM is kinda out of the question.

donegeal has worked tremendiously in regards to the DM office, and has come up with many of the expansion plans we are probably going to use. If he is available as his post said above, I have faith that between him and all the ministers good decisions will be made if things change.

GK

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old May 5, 2003, 19:57   #14
Beta
lifer
Deity

Any chance of moving it to the evening for EDT? We may get more at the chat.
Old May 5, 2003, 23:39   #15
WhiteBandit
Prince

Not sure how long I will stay after school, but we'll go ahead and schedule it for 7pm Pacific.

So the official turnchat time will be

2AM GMT

Again, that is 7pm Pacific, 10pm Eastern.

We will be using Undernet and meet in #civ3dem.

Please go ahead and post your plans ministers. Thanks!

Old May 6, 2003, 04:06   #16
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:43
FAM Orders for 2900 BC Onwards
1) Keep an eye on the civs we have contact with to see if they research any new technology, then see if we can buy it. Use discretion as to whether or not to do so if possible.

2) If we can acquire any workers at reasonable sum (I leave 'reasonable up to those in the chat to decide'), do so.

3) Try to end the war with the Ottomans ASAP, but only give up gold in exchange for peace; no techs and no cities. If they ask a price that seems unreasonable and they aren't currently threatening us, refuse and wait for the offer to improve.
Old May 6, 2003, 07:58   #17
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Undernet sounds like a good idea if those who can't get into DALnet can make it in.

I may be able to see you guys there for a bit, but I certainly can't play along (although I can soon - new computers at the labs!)

Old May 6, 2003, 17:21   #18
Kuciwalker
Deity

I'll be 30 minutes to an hour late - 10PM is my bedtime, so I'll have to wait that long for my parents to be asleep so I can sneak downstairs and get on
Old May 6, 2003, 18:17   #19
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

you're what, 15? and you have a bed time?

pardon me, but

LOL
Old May 6, 2003, 18:45   #20
Kuciwalker
Deity

Actually, it's pretty much self-enforced. One of the benefits is that I get to piss off my friends about how oh, I happen to get EIGHT HOURS of sleep a night, haha, and you get what, four? It's not phrased quite like that, but you get the idea
Old May 6, 2003, 19:23   #21
Beta
lifer
Deity

Sky - don't worry about it. And it doesn't get a whole lot better. Sometimes I have to sneak down so my wife doesn't know I'm going on-line.
Old May 6, 2003, 19:32   #22
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

I've slept in to 10 two days in a row... I wish I went to bed at 10pm.
Old May 6, 2003, 19:46   #23
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

you dont sleep at night, you sleep in the morning.

i live on 5-6 hours of sleep, perfectly from 3 or 4 - 9.

on weekends, i usually stay up all night and crash for a few hours.

8 hours of sleep is for women.
Old May 6, 2003, 21:29   #24
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Due to some assistance from Aro and Panag, I think I figured out how to get pictures to show in threads. Thanks.

DM Orders for Turn Chat 2900 BC to ??

I am not sure how many turns are to be played, and I will most likely NOT be available for direct assistance, so I will leave these orders very vague. Circumstances are very fluid with the war, so please feel free to change them as circumstances dictate. Please note any such changes in your report.

BUILD QUEUE
Change production to build a settler. This should take approximately 5 turns.
Once complete, construct 1 spear.
After this, I cannot accurately predict events, and so cannot predict what the best build will be. I suspect it will be one of the following:
  • a spear
    an archer
    barracks
    another settler (watch food and production to minimize waste)
SMC should be consulted if available for preferences in military construction projects.

WORKER ORDERS
Again, with the war and our territory so small, I cannot predict what areas will be safe to work. For now, it appears that toward City Site Red is the only safe area (provided the Celts are kept happy). Number one priority is to NOT loose them to an act of aggression. I would rather them wait inside the city doing nothing that potentially loose them, so for these guys discretion is the better part of valor. If they do venture out, I request that a warrior be sent as a guardian if feasible. Use your discretion in issuing orders. Please note: if you use the Road To command, they will start a project the turn they arrive at the site, not the next turn, finishing it earlier in some cases. However, if something unexpected shows up they are unable to start a retreat that initial turn as well… a gamble in our circumstances of limited area, an enemy that is close, and a lot of work that needs to be done. Use at your discretion.

CITY PLACEMENT
Currently, city location Green is the favored location for city placement, as it is close, on our side of the river for protection, and will have an excellent production value. However, it is also in a danger zone of enemy influence. Settle here first if possible. Otherwise, choose location Red, or one of the Magenta locations as presented. Loose of a settler is grounds for a formal hearing, so PLEASE be careful when moving him. He should be protected by at least a spear, if not a spear and a warrior (one half of our entire army) as she moves to found the new city. As a substitute DM, I do not have the authority (OK, probably I do, I just don’t want people to think I am abusing this privilege) of changing city names. Therefore, we shall use the computer assigned name and at a later date it may be changed per elected DM orders.

--Con
Old May 6, 2003, 21:36   #25
GodKing
Emperor

picture (I hope)

--Con
Old May 6, 2003, 23:02   #26
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound
Sky - don't worry about it. And it doesn't get a whole lot better. Sometimes I have to sneak down so my wife doesn't know I'm going on-line.

It's funny because is true...
Old May 7, 2003, 07:27   #27
Beta
lifer
Deity

Aro - . I'm so glad you are on Apolyton, my friend.
Old May 7, 2003, 07:31   #28
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
Therefore, we shall use the computer assigned name and at a later date it may be changed per elected DM orders.
Hurray! I for one like the Viking names.

BTW - Very good orders given the ah - fluidity of the situation.
Old May 7, 2003, 10:02   #29
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Ah, if you were truly into Democracy games you wouldn't be ABLE to have more than 6 hours sleep.

I have just finished playing the Civ2 Democracy game turns, posting about it and am catching up here. Time: 2am. I must arise and get to the lab by about 9am. Still to do: figure out vondrack's ISDG Photoshop macros for making glorious looking reports both there and hopefully here as well, play my Civ3 succession game and PBEM CtP game, catch up in the ISDG game.

Eight hours sleep? I can't remember the last time I did that more than one day in 7.

My location field is quite correct - those two things and my girlfriend ARE my life right now.

Sleep well guys, I always do.

Old May 7, 2003, 10:24   #30
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound
Aro - . I'm so glad you are on Apolyton, my friend.
Thanks...
But that's my life: " Sometimes I have to sneak down so my wife doesn't know I'm going on-line..."

Wait a minute... Why am I laughing?