Old May 4, 2003, 19:09   #1
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 14:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
What's the deal? (Tech Help)
My friends and I tried to create a multiplayer game this past weekend. When we got the host IP, we tried to connect but it said "No game found". We tried this with each of our computers with the same effect. Each one brought up the message "no game found" when we tried to join e/o game.

Everyone but myself has Cable connection. I checked my ip, then sent then the address but to no avail. Additionally, we all disabled our firewalls but it STILL didn't work.

Does anyone have any reason why it wouldn't register on our comps? This would be a BIG help for us!

(and dang it Lazarus, go on ICQ! )
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old May 4, 2003, 21:40   #2
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 19:45
I have heard about a lot of problems with connecting to an IP game, particlarly using newer rigs...could be a conflict with the hardware. Alternately, it's possible the host has an IP imposed firewall that you can't turn off, I think. I must confess to being technically challenged .

PS. The host DID select the 'host' and not the 'join' option, I trust?
Old May 4, 2003, 21:53   #3
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

lol, yes. They said via phone text that they were in the "waiting room" while we tried to connect. Thanks for the info.

Old May 5, 2003, 12:12   #4
CEO Aaron
ACDG3 Morgan
King

Local Time: 00:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Franky, I too get the 'IP not found' problem with SMAX, and I can't figure out why. I disabled my personal firewall software (ZoneAlarm) just to make sure it wasn't interfering, and verified that I could reach the remote players who wanted to join my game by pinging them (just open a command/dos prompt and type 'ping '. I can only conclude that SMAC/X doesn't play nice with Windows 2000's remote connections services foo, which means anyone playing on XP and possibly even ME is going to have the same problems.
Old May 6, 2003, 07:08   #5
Frankychan
King

Thanks, CEO. I never thought it could be an OS problem. But I got to play Tassadar just fine. I'm running XP Home with SMAC. One friend has SMAX and the other's both have SMAC. I dunno....we all tried disabling our firewalls and double checked but the things still not working......dang.

Thanks tho.