Old May 5, 2003, 16:51   #1
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

Local Time: 00:49
Local Date: November 2, 2010
We Need A New Delegate!!!
pretty much says it all really.

Nothing against Guardian, great bloke, great nation, but we need an active delegate. The current delegate missed the last vote, and looks like missing this one.

Zetaris would be a good choice, and I would like to put myself up for voting as well. As I said in the other thread, expect the same kind of liberal objectivity that I gave last time I was delegate, and with regards to the issue of the power to evict, we shall decide where to use that by using a trial system.

Having said that, Zetaris also has experience and is more familiar with RP, although I am becoming more active

President Elect, the Free Republic of Marijuania
Old May 5, 2003, 17:04   #2
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Very true, we do need a new Delegate, as Guardian has also said. However, we only need one thread for it, as Ming would say. Guardian didn't even vote on the last issue. However, people seem reluctant to remove their endorsements from him, even though he has said that he is not active enough.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 5, 2003, 20:40   #3
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 21:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I support drug 100% for delegate. that is, unless people want to endorse me
Old May 6, 2003, 04:02   #4
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 02:49
(*delicate cough*) There is already at least one thread for this...

By the way I am down to 17 endorsements now...
Old May 6, 2003, 04:15   #5
Whaleboy
Prince

ahem sorry....

Drogue's post subject was a little (as is so typical of drogue ) too ambiguous, so I thought I would draw attention to myself and start a new thread.

I withdraw my bid to become delegate upon the realisation that I have better things to be doing, and thus give Drogue my full support (I believe I have already endorsed you).

I do politely request that you continue the policies I would have used, namely objectivity, asking the region for an opinion before voting with, and only with, that opinion, and also holding a trial before you use the power to evict nations.
Old May 6, 2003, 09:12   #6
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Quote:
Originally posted by elijah
Drogue's post subject was a little (as is so typical of drogue ) too ambiguous, so I thought I would draw attention to myself and start a new thread.
True, but I don't like to be brash.

Quote:
I withdraw my bid to become delegate upon the realisation that I have better things to be doing, and thus give Drogue my full support (I believe I have already endorsed you).
My thanks That is much appreciated.

Quote:
I do politely request that you continue the policies I would have used, namely objectivity, asking the region for an opinion before voting with, and only with, that opinion,
That will be done, although there is also my vote I am voting with, so I have some say over what I vote for.

Quote:
and also holding a trial before you use the power to evict nations.
I will do that unless it is an emegency. If our forum is being overrun by spam then I may need to act first, and hold the trial later.

Old May 6, 2003, 09:13   #7
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Guardian
By the way I am down to 17 endorsements now...
An I up to 15

Thank you all for the support, I will be honoured if I am chosen for your delegate

Old May 6, 2003, 12:28   #8
Whaleboy
Prince

Of course that goes without saying. When I was delegate, if I had 25 endorsements, then my vote would count for 1/25th of that. If there were 40 UN members in the region, my vote would count for 2.5% of the regions opinion.

I fully recognise the need to act more swiftly, but sincerly hope that you will not use the power to evict, either liberally or arbitrarily.

At some point today, when I can log on NS, I will withdraw my bid for delegacy (I have already done so here), and advertise you, so non-'poly UN members can vote for you.

I do think on NS, we should give the non-Apolytoners some consideration, which is why I do my RPing here. RPing, not godmodding, not uberteching, not ubersociology, just plain simple, transdimensional RP! You will find that this thread makes sense after a while, so I hope the region doesnt brand me a godmodder or whatever.
Old May 6, 2003, 13:49   #9
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 08:49
So how do you delegate?
Old May 6, 2003, 14:59   #10
Drogue
staff

You have to be endorsed by the most people in the region, at the daily changeover period. It is being delegate, rather than delegating. It is who is designated to speak for our region at the UN, and can endorse proposals to make resolutions, and gets however many endorsements he has extra votes for any resolution.

If things stay the same, I will become delegate overnight. Thank you all for your support. The more endorsements I have, the more votes this region gets, as I will take consensus opinion for voting. Thanks once again, and we go a full circle