Old November 9, 2000, 18:58   #121
Argonaut
Prince

Local Time: 05:32
Local Date: October 31, 2010
***Private Message***
To: Prime Function Aki-Zeta Five c/o Cybernetic Conciousness

Greetings Aki,

I am sorry to hear that Morgan has proven himself to be the snake in the grass that I always suspected him to be. I fear as well that he has struck some sort of deal with Zakharov, as his withdrawl from the war was sudden and without reason. Needless to say, my operatives are keeping a close eye on him.

I of course support you in your trade sanctions against the University, and my borders have been closed to University trade since the beginning of the conflict. I have no plans on lifting that ban until Zakharov has proven himself trustworthy again, and my trust is not one easily. Sadly I cannot support you with sanctions against Morgan. Most of my citizens come originally from Morgan bases and Morgan products are consumed readily here. But if push comes to shove, know that I will support you against him.

I will speak to Zakharov, to try and get him to see reason. However, I too have my concerns, having spoken with my guests here and hearing of their cruel treatment at the hands of University Security Guards. I hope it is simply that Zakharov is unaware of the acts of cruelty being performed by his officers, and that he does not conciously support these actions. If however, Zakharov does not realise his mistakes and an agreement cannot be reached, after the one year you can count on the full support of myself and my forces.

Aki, I have a suggestion. What do you think about establishing embassies? I maintain embassies in Morgan Industries and University Base. I see know reason why we should not have a more immediate form of communication in Alpha Prime. Would this be acceptable to you? If all goes well, it will be a clear sign that the Data Angels recognise you as an independent faction, whatever Zakharov says. Think it over,

Roze
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2000, 20:10   #122
[LordLMP]

*****private to conciousness*****
TO: Aki Zeta-Five

Yes, I have heard of the Data Angels which my people reports of. Their faction has been in a similar situation as yours. I wouldn't mind speaking to her personally, but I do not want the locations of my bases to be revealed... (OOC: Cyborgs don't exactly know the coordinates, but they know of Safe Haven and Port Svensgaard via trade) As for trading with them, it would make things awkward, since I do not have any bases near hers and I am not interested in trading via land.

Thank you for reporting about the Foreign Base. This Cult is interesting indeed, but doesn't sound like a faction I can trust.

Captain Ulrik Svensgaard

TO: Nautilus of the Sea

We have found traces of the University Runaways moving Southwest, towards a small mountain. We are going to investigate.

Colonel Greenway
1st Rovers Marauders
Nautilus Battle Dragons
Old November 9, 2000, 20:18   #123
[LordLMP]

Hive 4th Laser Rovers Reporting

Chairman, we have followed the unknown Rovers to a Alien Structure hiden within the the Monsoon Jungle. They are not a Drone unit, but the unit is damaged.
They have not detected us.

Old November 9, 2000, 20:25   #124
[LordLMP]

*****private to spartans*****
TO: Colonel Corazon Sandiego

Your deligation as been welcome and I agree for them to establish a Embassy here. I will be sending a Drone deligation to your capital.

Foreman Domai
Old November 9, 2000, 22:15   #125
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

OOC: (LMP, please do not find the base yet; for it would contradict the story that I weaved, No one knows of the runaways, oh, they know they went south, but no one knows they went to the mountains especially, they will most likely appear within 2 or 3 years and contact Zakharov once again...)

(Pirates) Intercepted Frequency Broadcast from Unknown Units from an Unknown Faction; south of University Territory

Proceed...Watch...Mindworms...Caution...Should not harm... but watch...obserb...patterns...genetic traits (static)
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2000, 22:18   #126
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Dream to Planetmind

Planetmind... thank you for the specimens... we have learned much from them... may we have permission... for dissection... and possibly acquire ten mindworms... and permission to breed them... for research purposes... so we no longer... need to mine the earth... for weapons?
Old November 9, 2000, 22:29   #127
DarkCloud
staff

University Sun-Governor
1-37-2120
Volume 18, Issue 217

Freedom of Speech

In response to several attacks today, Zakharov replied to the questions about 'Freedom of Speech' in the University. He replied with the statement, "You may practice freedom of speech here in the University, even voice that you do not like me our our elected senate; and I will not arrest you.

"However, if you start claiming that another faction, whom we are at war with, has a truer ideology; then you must either vacate the University, or be arrested and charged with Treason or spying, depending on what evidence we can acquire.

"Also, in reaction to several attacks on my personal well-being and how on Earth there was no monarchy but complete democracy; I, will initiate the first election on Chiron, and the University shall truly be governed "for the people and by the people."

-Independent Correspondent Daniel Xyking-Howell
Old November 9, 2000, 22:32   #128
Christantine The Great
Prince

Local Time: 00:32
Dream to Aca. Zakharov...

I have given the Planetworms to you. They are under your complete control. Unless I wish, that in the best interest of myself and my planet, otherwise...

""A mindworm guarding the Manifold Nexus seperates from its boil and decends into the structure. The worm smacks a wall with its tail which opens an elevator. The worm slithers in. The doors shut and the elevator decends into Planet.""
Christantine The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2000, 22:36   #129
DarkCloud
staff

WARNING!!!
Daniel Jakhobs-Howell Sighted

The anarchist leader, Daniel Jakhobs-Howell was supposedly seen today in University Base by an anonymous individual. The individual described him as wearing a long black tuxedo and with a full beard of facial hair.

The other information already known, unless of course he had plastic surgery is listed below-

Height: 2 Meters
Weight: At last he was medium weight
Born: 2-13-2031
Old November 9, 2000, 22:55   #130
Argonaut
Prince

***Private Message***
To: Provost Zakharov c/o University of Planet

Greetings Provost,

I must say I am surprised at your vehement refusal to state your case before a tribunal. It would provide resolution to this conflict and usher in a new era of peace. You know you are innocent, so what do you have to be afraid of? Why not let the Prime Function state her case, and any misunderstandings can be cleared up? You have nothing to lose being proven innocent before all of our citizens, do you? I ask you to reconsider. Peace can only come to our people if the four of us can work together.

Roze

Freedom's Banner
Volume 1, Issue

Coder's Pit Established!

Assistant Datajack Lena Katt attended the opening ceremony of Coder's Pitt, the fourth base facility for the Data Angels. Having only established our independence in the past few years, our presence now matches that of the "paternal" factions. The base, situated on the Garland River, will boost trade with the neighbouring Morganites, opening new potential trade routes and increasing profits for both sides.

Jonathan Omega-Seven, New Foreign Affairs Minister!

Datajack Roze announced today that one of our Cybernetic guests has professed an interest in working with the Data Angel government to help cement the friendship between the Angels and the Conciousness. As most of the other guests prepare to head to their new home in Alpha Prime and other Conciousness bases, Jonathan Omega-Seven was one of a few former University citizens who has opted to stay in Data DeCentral. Mr. Omega-Seven, due to his experience with multiple factions on Planet, has been selected by Roze to serve in the new Minister of Foreign Affairs position, deemed necessary in Planet's increasingly difficult political climate.

[This message has been edited by Argonaut (edited November 09, 2000).]
Old November 10, 2000, 08:52   #131
XWaste
Prince

***private to the Data Angels***

message to Head Datajack Sinder Roze
from Prime Function Aki Zeta-5

I would dearly love to have formal embassies. Perhaps when they are built we could use their openings as an excuse to travel to each others respective capital and finally meet in person.

I am also considering funding a roadlink that would connect your territory to mine, perhaps linking Nettap Complex to Gamma Heights, though currently I think it would have to cut through either University or Morganite territory, which would be kinda tricky at the moment. I would love to hear any suggestions, perhaps declaring the area near where our four faction borders meet (I think the specific borders are somewhat fuzzy at the moment - a problem which needs to be addressed) to be some sort of neutral zone though I don't see Morgan or Zhakarov agreeing.

I also have some vital news to impart. For some time now I have been in contact with another human faction, they live in sea bases in the waters that surround the west and south of this continent. Captain Svensgaard of the self styled 'Nautilus Pirates' has asked me to keep his existence a secret, prefering not to get embroiled in the conflicts that have plagued our continent. He has proven a loyal and honorable friend though who is a lover of peace, and I have convinced him that you both share those same virtues and would greatly profit from speaking to each other. He is prepared to enter communications, though I feel he would not yet like his presence declared to either Morgan or Zhakarov(who may yet suspect something though). I am transmitting his frequency now.

Svensgaard has discovered another continent to the west, which are also home to more survivors of the Unity. These humans appear to have embraced the fungus and call themselves the 'cult of planet'. My probe team who I have sent over is still gathering information...I will keep you informed.
[This message has been edited by XWaste (edited November 10, 2000).]
XWaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2000, 21:23   #132
[LordLMP]

OOC: Ok Darkcloud...the base hidden in the mountain anyway and my rovers moving towards it. don't plan to find it, just the general area you been hiding and remember, units ordered not to say anything to the Cyborgs....but units still disguised as a cyborg unit. You still have a scout rover unit there too.

Sir, we are in the mountains, but we haven't detected any Colony Pod, but we have detected some hidden rovers. They know we are here and I guess they are prepared to ambushed us if we countinue moving into the mountain. We are now moving to Gamma Heights, unless ordered otherwise.

Colonel Greenway
1st Rovers Marauders
Nautilus Battle Dragons
Old November 10, 2000, 21:28   #133
[LordLMP]

NAUTILUS SAILORS NEWS

Foreign ship discovered at Sea of Unity...

Our Unity Foil exploring the Sea of Unity as encountered a Foreign Foil. The foil seem to be a Unity Foil aswell. Unity is keeping a watch on it while Gun Foil Mariner arrives, so our ships can intercept the foreign ship.

OOC: Its a Hive Unity Foil

Old November 11, 2000, 18:38   #134
DarkCloud
staff

***Private Message***
To: Head Datajack Sinder Roze
Subject: Trial

Roze, you make a good argument for my trial. The reasons I have not yet agreed to a trail are many, the main two being; I do not have time for such frivolity, and it show weakness on my part and thus question my leadership and integrity.

However, if we must have this useless trial, I will have it, but only on neutral terriory, Morganite or Data Angel.

Regards,
-Zakharov
Old November 11, 2000, 18:43   #135
DarkCloud
staff

So... Captain of the 'Nautilus', as I believe we call it; we meet... I hope you have been good to planet, for if you have then I will be good to you... and we both shall prosper...

Do not take my age for granted... I have wisdom beyond my years thanks to the planets teaching... I shall send a delegation to the shore to pick up a delegation of your 'Pirates.'

Until then... goodbye.

-Prophet Cha-Dawn
Old November 11, 2000, 18:48   #136
DarkCloud
staff

OOC: LMP, you can do the Hive and the Cult as well as the Pirates if you wish; I'm just filling in the story here.

TO: All Pirates in Radio Vicinity

"Greetings, oppressed humans"
"This is Shen-Ji Yang, the true leader of the masses on Chiron"
"Join our country- and you shall prosper"
"Inquire at the tip of the island our ship leads you to."
"Your leaders must not follow us, however- or they shall die at the hands of the righteous ones, we have many weapons, and many willing warriors."

-YANG
Old November 11, 2000, 18:56   #137
DarkCloud
staff

OOC: Zakharov's full name and title is "Academian Prokhor Zakharov" not Provost Zakharov, I believe. And Prokhor is his first name.

Morgan Newslink Network

Economic Earnings Report

On the Fifth of the Fifth Month of 2120, CEO Nwandbwe Morgan released the fifth economic earnings report of the year.

It found that, since the treaty with the University we have increased trade by 5%, this is not the type of jump we expected, but it will supposedly increase as more time goes by and the University builds its economy back up.

Overall, for the year our stock market is up 15% and our economy is prospering at a 10% increase from the war period. History has indicated that war is good for the economy and has proven so once and again.

Thus, some of our more prominent citizens have asked Morgan to start a war. He has responed by citing industrial concerns.

Morgan Newslink Network

Economic Earnings Report

In other news, due to Morgan's strange 'dreams of planetcreatures' industrial concerns have been limited on industrial pollution by 10% and strip mining has been outlawed.

This, claims noted industrialist J.P. Moran "Is merely a ruse for Morgan to run out of business all industrial businesses and then buy us out and create a monopolistic industrial empire." Many citizens echoed his views.

[This message has been edited by DarkCloud (edited November 11, 2000).]
Old November 11, 2000, 21:22   #138
Argonaut
Prince

OCC: According to the game, his name is Prokhor Zakharov and his title is Provost. I believe Provost is Russian for 'professor' or 'academician'.

***Private Message***
To: Academician Prokhor Zakharov c/o University of Planet

Greetings Provost,

I am glad you have decided to proceed with a trial. It seems to me the only way these disputes can be resolved. As I have already mentioned, Data DeCentral's facilities will be made available if that's what is desired.

Roze

****Private Message****
To: Prime Function Aki Zeta-Five c/o Cybernetic Conciousness

Greetings Aki,

First let me say, I'm glad we agree on the embassy issue. My ambassador will make his way down as soon I can select someone worthy enough for the position!

As for the road connecting Nettap Complex to Gamma Heights, I think that is a brilliant idea. However I do agree that we may run into difficulty with Zakharov and Morgan, but we shall try and work something out. I am more than willing to provide funding for the Data Angel side in of the road.

I was also delighted to hear that more people had survived the Unity crash. I will let you know how it goes between us. Pirates, eh? Sounds romantic!

As for this other faction, I must say my curiosity is piqued. I wonder why the Planetmind has not spoken of these fungus dwellers. If there is anything my operative can do to assist, do not hesitate to ask. I am as curious as I'm sure you are.

Roze

***Private Message***
To: Captain Svensgaard c/o Nautilus Pirates

Greetings Captain,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Sinder Roze, head Datajack of the Data Angels. Mine are a people who believe in the free flow of information and the neccessity to often liberate that information.

I understand you have proven yourself a worthy friend to Prime Function Aki Zeta-Five, which I appreciate. Much like Aki's peoples have had to fight for their independance, as have mine. I appreciate a friend of a friend.

I hope Captain, that our people can work in peace. I must say, I like your style. There's something about Pirates that's very romantic. Would you consider a Treaty, cementing a new friendship? I can offer much in the way of trade, including routes to Morgan and Zakharov that would keep your presence hidden, something Aki tells me is a concern.

Your secret is safe with me,

Roze
[This message has been edited by Argonaut (edited November 11, 2000).]
Old November 11, 2000, 23:57   #139
[LordLMP]

OOC: I will do Cult, Hive, Drones and any other factions not yet controlled by a player only once in the while, to fill in the story. I can understand how the Cult discovered the pirates, they may of simply captured the Cyborg Probe Team which some pirate agents was with. But as for the Hive, they don't know about the pirates yet, but their foil can try to contact the two "unknown" foils moving towards them.
Oh, anothet thing i forgot to mention, how can some people from the Hive reach the cult??? Unless planetmind as some involvement of transporting them, but yet, the cult scares planetmind a bit.

Sir, the Mariner and Unity have intercepted the Foreign Foil and was able to to disable its engines. So they are dead in the water, but they still can shoot.

Should we sink this foreign ship or attempt to capture it?

Captain Nova
[This message has been edited by [LordLMP] (edited November 11, 2000).]
Old November 12, 2000, 00:17   #140
[LordLMP]

TO: Captain Ulrik Svensgaard

Sir, we have lost contact with our agents tagging along with Cyborg Probe Team. That could explain why they have contacted us.

Branko
Chief of Intelligence

*****private message to data angels*****
TO: Datatech Sinder Roze

Greetings Datatech, it is nice hear from you. My faction is called the Nautilus Pirates and we live peacefully among the sea.

Your faction is interesting aswell, which is made up computer hackers and probe operatives. Both our factions are "pirates" at heart it seems, yet we also believe in peace and freedom.

We prefer to do trade by sea, but i would have to establish a base near your faction which may take awhile. But i agree in making a treaty with your faction. I have no intentions in trading with Morgan or University just yet.

It nice meeting you and if you do tell others of my faction, don't aspect to hear from us again.

Captain Ulrik Svensgaard

NAUTILUS SAILORS NEWS

Happy New Year....

Today, we begin a new year. Safe Haven last nite had beautiful fireworks display, lighting the waters around.

Old November 12, 2000, 03:55   #141
Christantine The Great
Prince

Dream to Capt. Svensgaard...

Beautiful lights. Haven of lights. Beautiful lights.

Dream to CEO Morgan...

I am pleased with your steps to improve relations between me and you. Consider us at peace. I hope that further study of my Planetlife by you will produce wonderful results.

Mindworm Tails: The Message.

The mindworm had made it. After a week from the hot, red wall he had reached cool, white wall. He slithered up into a large empty space with blinking screens with flashing things everywhere. He felt a small tug at his mind and suddenly understood everything that the screens said.
He decided to use this new understanding to find out how this thing got here. He went over to a screen that said COMMUNICATIONS over it. He started to read...

1 Incomming Message...
Source: U.N. Space Commission
Date: 03-24-73
Title: Last Contact

Hello, Unity. I hope your trip has been uneventful. I hope this because you carry a very valuable egg aboard your ship. It is called humanity. Our basket developed a hole and all of our eggs fell and broke. The eggs had names. They were: North America; South America; Europe; Asia; Africa; Australia; Antarctica. All of them splattered on the floor that is our Solar System. You know you people are very lucky to just be a popularity stunt. Very lucky. Just thought you would like to know who did it. Who pressed the button. Who broke the basket. It was ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am the one who cleansed the Earth. I AM THE ONE. They thought that it would be a good idea to transfer all controls of nuclear weapons of the U.S.A.; U.S.E(urope); and the Russian Federation to the U.N. Peacekeeping Forces. HAHAHAHA. Funny. You want to know why I did it? I won't tell you! You will have to think for thousands of years and you will never know. And I know you will never come back. NEVER. I just got a picture back from the ISS right before i blew it up. It showed the Earth. It looked like a burnt meatball. Volcanos everywhere. The surface of the earth burnt until everything was gone. EVERYTHING!

END MESSAGE

1 Incomming Message...
Source: U.S.A. Space Administration
Date: 03-25-73
Title: Good Luck from Earth.

UNITY. You are the last. An insane U.N. official seized control of the world's nuclear arsenal. He launched the missles in a pattern so that they would hit weak spots in the Earth's crust. Volcanos and Earthquakes rocked the planet. Never come back. Never. I am crying as I write this. Please live the hope that the namesake of your ship.

1 Incomming Message...
Source: U.S.E. Avation Commission, Space Division
Date: 03-26-73
Title: nevver come back

NEVER. come vack. never ks ;dsa

LOST LINK
Abort/Retry/Fail

The mindworm lost his knowledge of what the strange writing meant. He completly lost intrest and left.

Planet saddened.
Old November 12, 2000, 06:08   #142
TheDiplomat
Chieftain

UN Free Press

New technology discovered

Our scientist have succeeded in rediscovering the ability to build ships and use them on the seas.Earlier, the skimmer given as a gift from planetmind helped greatly the project.
Codenamed the Doctrine:Flexibility, the project will influence the lives of all the peacekeepers, as we live on a island that is surrounded by an ocean.
The remaining colony pod that was used for rescuing the inhabitants of UN High Comission is now being refitted for sea use and soon will be ready to do its job.
People have already volunteered to be colonists in soon-to.new sea colony.
The strange thing is that the volunteers are mostly from the rescued peacekeepers.

To:Comissioner Lal, New UN Headquarters

Sir, we are now near the west coast of the central continent and we´ve activated the E.C.T .Ready to transmit.

Also, I would like to report about a few interesting things we encountered through our trip.
Not only did we discover different planet miracles, like the huge Volcano-mountain that we named Mount Planet and the strange-boiling piece of ocean north of Mount Planet, but we detected small fleet of ships colored completely in dark blue(OOC:Hive), that turned hostile immediately they detected us, thank God we managed to escape.

Later on, we detected a base floating on water, as incredible as it seems(OOC:Privateer Quay, pirates).
Luckily they didn´t notice us and we continued our trip.
Now we are near the coast and the our radars constantly detect human movement and different human made facilities on the continent.

Private Message
To:All Faction leaders in the Central Continent

Geetings, Friends.Some of you already know me, but to the rest, let me introduce myself.
I am Comisssaioner Pravin Lal, democraticly elected leader of a faction called the Peacekeepers.
We are people who uphold the the moral and ethical rules and values given to us all by the UN Charter.But most of all, we uphold peace and democracy.

Let me tell you all the bloody history our faction has suffered.
Years ago, when the remnants of humanity landed on this planet, the peacekeepers didn´t land here in this safe haven were are now, but to the continent east of yours.
There we lived peacefully and flourished.Until, that is, we encountered the Spartans.

The Spartans are a people who have devoted themselves to war.Their militaristic-facist ways lack completely any human rights.The leader of that faction is the ex-member of Yangs Unity security team, Colonel Corazon Santiago.She has twisted her poor followers into bloodythirsty warmachines.
So, after our disastrous first encounter with the Spartans, the war between our factions begun.
Fast and sure the Spartans were winning this war, so I finally ordered the evacuation of our population to a safe place, far from the Spartans.With the help of Planetmind that became possible.For now, I am not willing to uncover the location of this safe place.
If anybody wishes to trade with us, our traders will gladly trade on a neutral territory, in the condition that someone of you is willing commit one of his/hers faction base for trade open for all factions.

Seems that you have made peace with each other, that is good.
Still, in the name of the UN Charter, I want an explanation for you behavour, Academician Zakharov and why did you start in the first place the war against the Cybernetic Conciousness and the unjust imprisonment of your own people.

As you all are surely sensible people, I beg of you: Please, keep this peace on, because with war you cannot resolve things,only cause new hatred and anger.
Your true enemy isn´t on your continent, but on the continent east of you, in the form of the great, savage empires there.

Give time and patience to peace, and it will grow and flourish and all will find joy and happiness from the fruits it gives.

With regards,
Comissioner Pravin Lal
TheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2000, 14:27   #143
Argonaut
Prince

***Private Message***
To: Comissoner Pravin Lal c/o UN Peacekeeping Forces

Greetings Comissoner,

I'm glad you have chosen to announce your presence to the other factions here. I believe many here can learn from your good example.

I understand your concern about being detected after what I have heard about this Santiago and her war crazed minions. I would offer Data DeCentral, or any of my more suitable bases as a centre for trade if you so desire.

Sincerely,
Roze
Old November 12, 2000, 23:28   #144
[LordLMP]

OOC: the Cult is currently situated North West of the Believers, east of the Freshwater Sea. The Hive is situated at and around the Monsoon Jungle.

NAUTILUS SAILORS NEWS

The capture of a foreign foil...

Gun Foil Mariner and Unity Foil Unity were able to capture the foreign ship. Despite the radio propaganda which our foils as been receiving, they attack the foreign foil, that belonged to a Faction known as the Hive. Our foils took some damage, but was able to disable the enemies engines and board it. They received many casulties boarding the foil, but they have succeeded in capturing it. Currently, our foils is towing the captured foil to Privateer Quay.

Captain Ulrik Svensgaard release plans for a new base...

Svensgaard has release plans at a press conference to establish a new base north of the sea of unity, near Data Angels territory. This base will be mostly used as a trade center.

TO: Captain Ulrik Svensgaard

We have interogated the the remnant of the Hive crew of the Foil we captured. We were force to use lethal means to extract the information from, they are trained well. They are from the Hive Faction. It seems that the foil we captured isn't the only one they have. They built themselve small fleet of Foils. After lost of their foil, i am sure they'll be coming with force. We are surely not the only ones in the waters.

*****private message to the peackeepers*****
TO: Commissioner Pravin Lal

Hello Commissioner, I am Captain Ulrik Svensgaard of the Nautilus Pirates Faction. We live peacefully among the seas.

We have intercepted your message to the factions on the continent. University and the Morganites don't know of us, and prefer it that way. Don't think we have not detected your ship near one or our bases. (OOC: Pirates detected them, but didn;t know who it was. Ulrik is guessing. Also, if Mariner was still patrolling there, they would of intercepted the foil)

I already set out to establish a base near Data Angels territory and would be happy to have it available to your faction aswell.

I am sorry to hear about the spartans. We will be glad to help you out militarilly if they ever discover your "secret" location.

Captain Ulrik Svensgaard
Old November 13, 2000, 01:29   #145
DarkCloud
staff

OOC: Argonaut, according to PrimaGames Strategy guide his full name is "Academician Prokhor Zakharov", however I was wrong about Morgan's name-
"CEO Nwabudike Morgan"

Isn't the pirates near Cult land, and are the Cultists not north of the Hive on the planet?

Private Message
To:Comissioner Lal
Date: 1/1/2121

Greetings Lal,

I see you have risen and promoted yourself to be 'Leader of the UN forces of Chiron', quite a step for merely an ex-surgeon.

I assume you have heard from the other leaders how I 'unjustly' imprisoned several Cyborg agitators. The entire story was released in our newspaper once upon a time. I have the entire tale here.

The war is over now, but the truce will only last a few months and I have been called to a 'trial' to see just how 'unjustly' I treated the Cyborg prisoners. As you have seen in my official statement, they were not mistreated under the UN charter; and as all Cyborgs are truly just genetially-engineered citizens of the University, they all belong under the banner or the University and unity.

-Zakharov
[This message has been edited by DarkCloud (edited November 13, 2000).]
Old November 13, 2000, 01:36   #146
DarkCloud
staff

To: Unknown Faction

Cease- desist- unknown peoples- hear the voice of reason- stop your petty tribal lives and join the Hive, the collective- join the right- Join Shen-Ji Yang, Head of Security and leader of our faction- It will be a step in the right direction.

***(End Broadcast)***

Old November 13, 2000, 21:15   #147
Christantine The Great
Prince

Oops. Never ment to post.
[This message has been edited by Christantine The Great (edited November 13, 2000).]
Old November 13, 2000, 21:34   #148
DarkCloud
staff

University Sun-Governor
1-7-2121
Volume 19, Issue 7

Genetic Experiments: The Entire Story

"Yes, we have committed some, as you might say 'genetic atrocities' like the Cyborgs and many other creations you may not have known about until today, but we have only created them in the interest of research of the human genome.

"The human genome must be completely cracked, and when it is we will be able to elliminate colorblindness, hemophilia, Huntington's Disease (Lou Gehrig's disease) and countless other diseases from the gene pool.

"However, this will mean that some marriages will be restricted due to the high probablility of a deformed child resulting from the marriage. But, within a few generations marriages will once again be unrestricted, but until that day, we ask you to bear the load."

Reporter Denny Stevens-King

Banning of Smoking, Alcohol

Today Zakharov stated an affirmitive ban on the use of cigarettes and alcohol stating a diminished amount of productivity in workers and a higher death rate as the reason.

Many were not happy about this move; but, all of the well informed about the nature of these drugs relished the opportunity to ban them once and for all.

That is why Zakharov is initiationg an awareness campaign about the dangers of alcohol and cigarettes.

The penalties for the use of these banned substances are:
1. purging from your system of the 'drug'
2. a 6-week program to get you off the 'drugs'

-Independent Correspondent Daniel Xyking-Howell
Old November 14, 2000, 05:52   #149
TheDiplomat
Chieftain

Private Message
To:Captain Ulrik Svensgaard, nautilus pirates

I am glad to meet you , Captain Svengaard.

As you have heard our grim story from the message you intercepted, I don´t need to tell it again.It pains me every time.
Captain, I thank you for your offer for military assistance,but that will not be needed as my people are under the protection of planetmind.
Concerning the trade offer, I will make it one better.As I have read you psych evaluation, I believe you are and your people can be trusted.

The deal is here.My fleet consists of only one skimmer
and as we are on an island, we have no way to transport our good but by seas.
So, I will reveal our secret location, so your trade ships can work as transports for peacekeeper goods.I believe that you people will profit greatly, as every good that come or goes out of here will go through your bases, and you can tax them as much as you wish.
Furthermore, your faction could be a linkage between other factions, as you have an oppurtunity to create a great trade network, as the ancient greek and Vikings did.
Please consider this, Captain.It will surely advance peace between factions greatly.

We are located on a island, at these coordinates.

-Comissioner Pravin Lal

Private Message
To: Datajack Roze

Greetings Datajack Roze,

I have made contact with our friends, the Nautilus Pirates, and i have made a suggestion of a plan in grand scale.The pirates could start transporting goods , profiting themselves and all their trade companions.

So, I´d like to invite you to that trade alliance, if the pirates agree to the alliance though.

This would mean the restoration of global communication and advance peace and prosperity everywhere.

In the case that this alliance becomes reality, I would like you to spread the word between to the other factions on your continent, as it seems those other factions trust you.

-Comissioner Pravin Lal

Private message
To:Academician Zakharov, The University

Greetings to you also, Academician

I will be neutral in this matter, as I do not have any powerful evidences.

However, the ex-university citizens, the Cyborgs have their human rights also as they ARE humans, who have been just enchanced.Furthermore that has happened by their own will, so it is completely legitimate AND they have the right to choose where they live or in what faction.

I will believe you, Academician Zakharov, for now.
The trial seems to be the only way to make permanent peace.

-Comissioner Pravin Lal

[This message has been edited by TheDiplomat (edited November 14, 2000).]
TheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2000, 17:12   #150
Christantine The Great
Prince

Dream to Commissioner Lal...

EarthPirate ships are comming. I will defend you. (Shows image of fleet of Isles intercepting.)
OOC: They did not ENGAGE the ships, just intercepted them.

Dream to Capt. Svensgaard...

You will not attack my Planetally. Stay AWAY!!!

OOC: Did the 1st laser unit reach the alien structure (Ogre Barn) yet? Not feeling creative. Excuse the short post.