Old May 6, 2003, 04:19   #1
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 02:50
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Argument with the Republic of NewOrIando
About a week ago, Guardinia received the following telegram from the Republic of NewOrIando:

Quote:
To: Guardinia

What a hate filled region you rule.

Many bigots.

They received the following answer:

Quote:
To: NewOrIando

Many?

I am aware of only one...

After about a week's worth of silence, this one showed up:

Quote:

Yeah, you're a regular comedian.

Take a hike, scumbag.

The following response has been sent:

Quote:
To: NewOrIando

I've got a better idea:

YOU can take a hike if you don't have better things to do than spouting sh*t like that without even giving a reason.

Apolyton is NOT a hate filled region. Most of us are quite reasonable and decent people, and we'll help you any way we can if you address us in a civilized manner. But if you resort to name calling and cr@p like that, the only help you'll get from me is a free one-way ticket to the Realms of Rejection. So, which is it going to be?

It's up to you...

For the record, it is my opinion that fair warning has been given...

The rest, like I said in the telegram, is up to him...
Old May 6, 2003, 04:50   #2
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

Local Time: 00:50
A fair warning. If you wish, we can use this as a demo for the trial system.

You could tell him that we are debating his presence (assuming gender here ), and that if he wishes to levee a defence, that is fine, but we will continue with or without him.

Alternatively you could just boot him out, but I think it would be good to try the trial (excuse the pun)
Old May 6, 2003, 04:59   #3
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

I agree. A trial is appropriate.

Before we go any further with this though, I think we'll wait and see if he heeds my warning and gets his act together.
Old May 6, 2003, 09:23   #4
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

If you want to try him, just PM me, and I will start the thread. RJ is without a connection for the moment, so we will have to do it with 4 judges (myself, Giovanni, Sloww and GT) but that would be fine. He has just posted on the forum complaining about spam.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 6, 2003, 11:52   #5
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 01:50
New OrIlando, wasn't him the guy who was in a personal argument with High Havens some time ago?

If he is, that guy a few weeks ago told me something along this lines "why do you hate gays?!!"

After explaining him that I do not hate gays (actually a very good friend of mine is bisex.. but that's another story) and explaining him that he should use the regional boards for RPing and debating, rather than launching personal insults to other countries, he replied me that I was right, and that I made some good points.

Therefore I thought that the argument with him was over, and that after all he is a good guy.

So these telegrams kind of surprise me, when did he sent them to you Guardinia? I just want to see if he did it before or after accusing me of being a gay-hater.

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old May 6, 2003, 12:20   #6
Whaleboy
Prince

Im thinking that he's an idiot. Says it all really.
Old May 6, 2003, 12:58   #7
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 16:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
sorry double post
Old May 6, 2003, 12:58   #8
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 16:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
ooc:
Not this again, I thought this was ended already. It looks to me that one, someone who came to the apolyton region got into a personal fight with someone who is gay and that is how this all started.

This is just stupid if you ask me.
Icc:
Jackson is ready to defend apolyton if the need comes up. Our forces are getting ready to pull out of the CC region, as that area is now geting back to normal.
Old May 6, 2003, 13:46   #9
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 08:50
I think a trial is fair. IMHO, NewOrIando should be put on a probation status. Any such provocations in the future shall automatically result in the initiation of a trial.
Old May 6, 2003, 15:08   #10
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

I spoke to NewOrIando, and asked about it, he said about you threatening to kick him (as you posed) I explained your reasons, that we have a peaceful region and did not want insults, and he replied "Thank you. You make a lot of sense". I have to say I am against trying him, for 2 reasons.

As we decided in the last trial, PMs are not admissable, being private, unless the police need to be involved. So you couldn't try him for abusing Guardian.

I believe he can see reason, and did not understand. Whether that is due to language, age or something else. I think he will behave himself. I have informed him that he must be polite. I would say give him another chance. Other than the telegrams to Guardian,he has behaved relatively well, since the gay rights issue.

Please show leniancy. Unless he starts flooding, or being really abusive, we should not expell him. Thank you.

Old May 6, 2003, 15:47   #11
Whaleboy
Prince

I guess Drogue would be the best choice for the judge or arbitrator in this case due to his experience.

If this guy attacks a nation to which any of my Challenger-class ships are assigned, it is not outside of their mandate to defend the attacked.
Old May 6, 2003, 16:28   #12
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by elijah
I guess Drogue would be the best choice for the judge or arbitrator in this case due to his experience.
All judges who are available sit. Being Chief Judge, I conduct the trial, but we all vote and decide equaily on the verdict.

Old May 6, 2003, 17:08   #13
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 01:50
Quote:
"Thank you. You make a lot of sense".
Almost the same thing he wrote to me (you make a lot of good points) when he was bugging me a few weeks ago, now the conversation with Guardinia pops up... I wonder if he really means what he write.

Anyway, I'm available to be a judge, personally I don't think he is a big threat, but I'll wait for the trial to vegin (if it will ever) before taking a real position, as that guy is still a mistery to me

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old May 6, 2003, 23:37   #14
Urban Ranger
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
As we decided in the last trial, PMs are not admissable, being private, unless the police need to be involved. So you couldn't try him for abusing Guardian.
How would you have a trial without the police being involved?
Old May 7, 2003, 03:01   #15
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:50
He's talking about the RL police, as in, if the contents of the PM were in fact illegal. However, I fail to see why we should ignore the telegrams that were sent to Guardian; disclosing them isn't against the rules on the NS site, and I don't see why they would be against the rules here either.
Old May 7, 2003, 04:06   #16
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Here are the most recent telegrams:

Quote:

Why are you spamming me with all of this stuff? I'm considering reporting you to the game admins if you don't stop with the spam. Cease and desist. Now.

Quote:

i really flew off the handle and acted like a real jerk. i shouldnt do that, even if i get mad. your probably a pretty good person, i just get crazy sometimes. sorry about that.

Quote:
To: New OrIlando

I have not spammed anyone ever and I will not spam anyone ever, but I do get mad when someone calls me a scumbag for no apparent reason. That's what the angry telegram you received yesterday was all about. As for reporting me, I think it's a pretty bad idea, since - as I just said - I've never spammed anyone, so you'd only be making yourself look bad. That said, I propose we put this whole thing behind us and get on with life.

Quote:
To: New OrIlando

Your apology has been received and accepted. As far as I'm concerned, this case is closed, but try not to insult any more people for a while, okay? Thanks, and have a nice day!
Old May 7, 2003, 05:06   #17
Drogue
staff

Then no need for trials

GT: The reason PMs and Telegrams are not admissable is because they are private, and should only be revealed if both parties agree. I consider them confidential, although if others don't, we could admit them. I would be against that however.

But anyway, case closed. Well done Guardian

Old May 7, 2003, 07:22   #18
Whaleboy
Prince

Any people psyciatrists here? Your comments would be very interesting on the actions of New OrIlando.

Personally, im thinking scitzophrenia!
Old May 8, 2003, 04:15   #19
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Quote:
15 hours ago: The Republic of NewOrIando departed this region for The Rejected Realms"

Did he do that to himself or did you boot him out ?
Old May 8, 2003, 11:32   #20
Urban Ranger
Deity

The Rejected Realms? Hm, what a name.
Old May 8, 2003, 16:27   #21
Drogue
staff

I did not boot him. He did that of his own accord. If I booted him, I think it would say "NewOrIando has been kicked to the Rejected Realms". I have no used those powers yet