View Poll Results: Would you like to see a custom map for the PTWDGII?
Yes 13 56.52%
No 10 43.48%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 9, 2003, 05:25   #61
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 02:53
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
Yes, that is why the US "re-polled" during the last election

seriously, the job of a democracy isn't to please everyone with the votes, it's to please them once they get in power.

Anyway, enough of this senseless discussion. I'm outta here. No use trying to argue with someone like you panag who argues just for the sake of irritating people. Honestly, I'd think of better things to do with my time than that.
hi ,

i dont started this , i just noted that its intresting , ....

and anyway the larger then standard group has won , .... 7+7 = 14 , ...... standard only got 13 , ..... why , cause the standard users should then not be counted , .....

senseless , .... well its afterall conserning the map we are going to be looking at for hoppefully a long time , .....

and i dont argue just for the sake of irritating people like some others , .....

it does deserve its discussion , ....

have a nice day with your time
Panag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2003, 05:29   #62
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree

So what other 'option' could there have been? All of the avaiable options were listed, I believe. I guess we coulda listed:

98x98 map
99x99 map

Whatever dude, you are a true spam artist, I tip my cap to that for you! You make an argument then you twist it till it's another argument. Most people just give up on reasoning with you rather than trying to argue with you. I don't think you understand the difference between the two, seriously.
those options where never included to choose from in the first place , .....

spam , well at least i dont use words like moron to other posters , .....

not to mention the fact that when makes for himself an intresting observation some others do anything it takes to attack him , ....

talking about reasoning , .... its what forums in the democary game are all about , .....
Old May 9, 2003, 05:35   #63
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Panag, you did start this, don't say otherwise, you just make yourself look even more foolish(if that's possible).

Now That I'm replying to you this many times, I'm not so sure I don't look foolish for spending this much time on your nonsensical posts/arguments. I have a sneaky suspicion that you are only intersted in your post count and not in the content of your posts. I therefor refuse to help you spam any further by withdrawing from this "argument (if one could call such a one sided affair an "argument")

Don't have a nice day!
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2003, 09:22   #64
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 20:53
oh brother

Lets just try to ignore those people who bug us...
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Panzer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2003, 10:59   #65
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Panag, you are a true demagogue.
According to your posts, you ASSUME that if there was a run-off between standard and huge, all those who voted for large would vote for huge in the run-off.
Tsk, tsk...
Standard got twice as many votes as any other option. Deal with it.

As for your senseless remarks regarding the democratic aspect of this game, it's true that standard didn't pass 50%, but in a poll with 5 different options, it doesn't matter because it is not required. The requirements for a map size to be chosen are (AFAIK) a discernable majority (which standard got - almost 50%, and twice as many as any other option), not a special majority (>50%).
You're basically manipulating numbers and trying to form a "tyranny of the minority".

P.S. Why does it even matter to you what map size we play? You haven't even applied to any of the teams yet (AFAIK) - are you even going to PLAY this map, or are you just here to annoy and tell us how we should play our game?
- Phantom of the Opera
Shiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2003, 11:23   #66
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

In any case, you're free to start a non-official run-off poll between Standard and Huge any time. As long as the poll is objective (the options are Standard and Huge and the first post in the thread is objective, and is not written to persuade the voters either way), I don't think anyone would mind.
If Huge wins, I'm confident that the people would respect the result of your run-off poll; I promise that I would, anyway. Whereas if Standard wins, you'll have to be my personal slave for three months. What do you say, is it a bet?
- Phantom of the Opera
Old May 9, 2003, 13:54   #67
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
Panag, you are a true demagogue.
According to your posts, you ASSUME that if there was a run-off between standard and huge, all those who voted for large would vote for huge in the run-off.
Tsk, tsk...
Standard got twice as many votes as any other option. Deal with it.

As for your senseless remarks regarding the democratic aspect of this game, it's true that standard didn't pass 50%, but in a poll with 5 different options, it doesn't matter because it is not required. The requirements for a map size to be chosen are (AFAIK) a discernable majority (which standard got - almost 50%, and twice as many as any other option), not a special majority (>50%).
You're basically manipulating numbers and trying to form a "tyranny of the minority".

P.S. Why does it even matter to you what map size we play? You haven't even applied to any of the teams yet (AFAIK) - are you even going to PLAY this map, or are you just here to annoy and tell us how we should play our game?

what does it matter on what size we play , it does , cause we are going to be looking on it , ....

oh , and btw , as for the rest dont bother , ....
Old May 9, 2003, 14:06   #68
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:53
Quote:
I absolutely agree.

Panag, you need to stop nagging until you've picked a team and actually committed to the game.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Togas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2003, 14:24   #69
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Togas

I absolutely agree.

Panag, you need to stop nagging until you've picked a team and actually committed to the game.

--Togas
hi ,

nope i dont , ....

see trips post , .....

and that has nothing to do with the map , .....

have a nice day
Old May 9, 2003, 14:36   #70
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 18:53
panag,

you have demonstrated a total lack of seriousness, not only here but in other threads. You have also demonstrated that your intention in life seems simply to start arguments you know you can't win, and you can't even back up just for the sake of seeing what others respond. For someone who is not involved in the game, (and if intends so will likely find no team to be invited into precisely because of this lack of seriousness) I find your posts to be a niusance to the debate, rather than a help.

For this reason panag, personally I am ignoring any and all of your posts relevant to the PTWDGII and invite others to do the same. It is a waste of server space to respond to your BS and all it does is invite you to increase your post count which is probably the intention behind it all.

BigFree, Togas, and Shiber. Don't even argue with a rock, we have better things to plan and better people to discuss them with.

-MZ

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Master Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2003, 14:42   #71
Shiber
Emperor

Quote:
Don't even argue with a rock

The server space argument convinced me.
I don't want to see 'Poly going down again for maintenance just because of Panag!
- Phantom of the Opera
Old May 9, 2003, 14:50   #72
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
panag,

you have demonstrated a total lack of seriousness, not only here but in other threads. You have also demonstrated that your intention in life seems simply to start arguments you know you can't win, and you can't even back up just for the sake of seeing what others respond. For someone who is not involved in the game, (and if intends so will likely find no team to be invited into precisely because of this lack of seriousness) I find your posts to be a niusance to the debate, rather than a help.

For this reason panag, personally I am ignoring any and all of your posts relevant to the PTWDGII and invite others to do the same. It is a waste of server space to respond to your BS and all it does is invite you to increase your post count which is probably the intention behind it all.

BigFree, Togas, and Shiber. Don't even argue with a rock, we have better things to plan and better people to discuss them with.

-MZ
hi ,

at least i dont post insults or remarks on other posters that are grabbed out of the blue , ...

and no , postcount has nothing to do with a map we shall be facing for a couple of months , .... if you cant see the point of standing up for your ( read ones ) believs , well then dont even bother to play civ , .....

talking about being serious , looking at a map that you find to small a while from , well most people would find that something serious , ....

there is no need to become personal or lewd , ....

bye
Old May 9, 2003, 14:57   #73
Shiber
Emperor

There's a Hebrew saying that tells not to put an obstacle in front of a blind man.
I for one intend to ignore Pagan, but it'd be a lot easier if he was banned from this forum.
Is it technically possible to ban a certain user from a non-restricted forum?
- Phantom of the Opera
Old May 9, 2003, 15:03   #74
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 00:53
These arguments are much less irritating when half the posts are
Quote:
This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

It's the electronic equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and shouting "LaLaLaLa, I'm not listening to you!".
Old May 9, 2003, 15:05   #75
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
There's a Hebrew saying that tells not to put an obstacle in front of a blind man.
I for one intend to ignore Pagan, but it'd be a lot easier if he was banned from this forum.
Is it technically possible to ban a certain user from a non-restricted forum?
there is a certain saying , dont post bilbul baitsin

you still ignore the fact that the topic is the map , .....

and my name is not pagan , i resent such use but its panag , ...
Old May 9, 2003, 15:08   #76
Shiber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
It's the electronic equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and shouting "LaLaLaLa, I'm not listening to you!".

That goes well with your new avatar!
- Phantom of the Opera
Old May 10, 2003, 06:01   #77
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 01:53
When someone with a war-criminal as avatar starts telling me about democracy in this funny way, I think it's a bit inappropriate. I'm not mentioning any names... See ya!
Old May 10, 2003, 06:31   #78
Shiber
Emperor

In a Democracy, everyone has rights and gets treated equally, even fascists and *cough*pagans*cough*. That is the true magnificence of the Democratic system.
Now, if only this was true in real life...
- Phantom of the Opera
Old May 10, 2003, 06:56   #79
ThePlagueRat
King

That's also the weakness of "democracy". It was in "democratic" republics that the fascists managed to get their foothold in the 30-ies. If they were communist states, the fascists wouldn't have a chance. They are all representative "democracies". A true Democracy has never been implemented, though...

NB: I'm not a real commie actually, just trying to tick off US patriots with my little flag.
Old May 10, 2003, 07:01   #80
Shiber
Emperor

These states had flawed constitutions and lacked a powerful judiciary system, like the Israeli High Court of Justice, for example. Additionally, they did not have a long-running democratic tradition so Democracy was not as strong as it should have been to repel Fascism.
In any case, Communism is certainly not the answer to Fascism. It's hard for me to decide which was more evil, German Nazism or Soviet Communism.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old May 10, 2003, 07:57   #81
ThePlagueRat
King

There were many factions back then. The popular fascist SA consisted of some communist factions too. And you are right, democracy had no real tradition there. The general depression, and the oppression of a poor workingclass let such extreme politics win, with Stalin being as worse as the fascists... Germany and Italy had many communists who were ready for the revolution, but the iron boot of fascism trampled them. If they had a welfare state, the communist revolution would probably not have been the big issue then. And the fascist demagogs would not have gained the masses popularity.

So for all those neoconservatives (fascist light) who wants to bring down welfare.... they deserve a violent revolution and a barrel pointing at their face. Cause they love guns, don't they?

To this day, Spain's neoconservatives has remnants of the fascist ideals. (Franco regime) Some politicians there recently wanted to pass a law to prohibit demonstrations against warfare, when the government was involved in a war. These fascist tendencies also pop up in the US these days, under a certain neoconservative party: A new law being proposed by Republican senators will serve prohibit criticism of Israel on American college campuses.
Which is both crimes against human rights...

Edit: (uh, this thread got a bit off topic, sorry...)

Last edited by ThePlagueRat; May 10, 2003 at 08:10.
ThePlagueRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2003, 08:00   #82
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
In a Democracy, everyone has rights and gets treated equally, even fascists and *cough*pagans*cough*. That is the true magnificence of the Democratic system.
Now, if only this was true in real life...
more bilbul baitsin , .....

but being called a fascist and a pagan is something thats a lewd personal insult , .......

is that all you can do , cant you talk about the map , ....

obviously not , .....
Old May 10, 2003, 08:08   #83
Shiber
Emperor

I didn't call you a fascist. You just chose to interpret my words this way.
I don't think Sharon is a war criminal either. The Israeli Supreme High Court of Justice cleared him and I have my full faith in this institute, which is comprised of some of the most intelligent, humanitarian and all-around amazing people in Israel.

As for the topic, the map discussion is over. Have you seen the new run-off poll? 82.35% voted for Standard... I guess you were wrong.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old May 10, 2003, 08:18   #84
Shiber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
is that all you can do , cant you talk about the map , ....
"Stay on topic! Stay on topic! WAAAAAA!!"
Put a sock in it you big baby.

Anyone other than pagan who is reading this, you may wanna check out this thread: http://central.masterzen.net/index.p...=6&t=96&st=100
Some laughs in there.
Give special attention to the 8th post in the 5th page and what follows.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old May 10, 2003, 08:19   #85
ThePlagueRat
King

I am a pagan, whats wrong with being a pagan?!!
Old May 10, 2003, 08:20   #86
Shiber
Emperor

Exactly, pagans rule.
Those huge golden statues they worship are wicked
- Phantom of the Opera
Old May 10, 2003, 08:34   #87
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

"Stay on topic! Stay on topic! WAAAAAA!!"
Put a sock in it you big baby.

Anyone other than pagan who is reading this, you may wanna check out this thread: http://central.masterzen.net/index.p...=6&t=96&st=100
Some laughs in there.
Give special attention to the 8th post in the 5th page and what follows.
am i happy that i have not joined that site , ....

but you still fail to post anything on the topic , the only thing you seem to be doing from time to time is to engage in the bashing of a couple user for one reason or the other , .....

not to mention that you seem not to be able to write the name of a poster correct , you lower yourself to the pagan , .... if that all you can , then what are you doing here , ....

you only engage in personal insults , .....

are you there again with your sabara story , oh boy , .... is that all you can think about , ....
Old May 10, 2003, 08:41   #88
ThePlagueRat
King

Quote:
Exactly, pagans rule.
Those huge golden statues they worship are wicked
You mean those penis-shaped ones?
BTW, Freudians also rule.
Old May 10, 2003, 08:49   #89
Shiber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
am i happy that i have not joined that site , ....
The other frequent posters and myself are just as glad to hear that you're leaving.

Quote:
but you still fail to post anything on the topic
I told you already, the topic is dead. The previous poll determined that the game will be played on a standard map, and if that wasn't enough, the new poll cleared that up beyond any doubts.
We'll be playing in a standard size map. This has been determined already. There's no room left for discussion.

Quote:
the only thing you seem to be doing from time to time is to engage in the bashing of a couple user for one reason or the other , .....
No, I only engage in the bashing of you, and that's only when you start an irritating argument and refuse to stop. In between, when you're out of my sight, I don't bother pestering you.

Quote:
not to mention
Okay, I won't mention it.

Quote:
that you seem not to be able to write the name of a poster correct , you lower yourself to the pagan , ....
By saying that, you declare that being called a pagan is an insult. In that, you disgrace ThePlagueRat and all the other pagans in the world, which I find is a rather large insult to throw at a huge community which you're not even familiar with.
But I'm the one throwing insults here... owwwwwkay.

Quote:
if that all you can
That's not true. I also make a great home pizza, and alcohol-coconut-vanilla tea.

Quote:
you only engage in personal insults , .....
Again, you constantly insult hundreds of thousands of pagans around the world, but I'm the one that's slinging mud around here.

Quote:
are you there again with your sabara story , oh boy , .... is that all you can think about , ....
Gotcha!
First you say that I can't even spell your nick correctly... and then you misspell sabra's nick.
The joke's on you
- Phantom of the Opera
Old May 10, 2003, 08:51   #90
Shiber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ThePlagueRat
You mean those penis-shaped ones?
BTW, Freudians also rule.
Nothin' like a colossal gold-clad phallic symbol to start up my day
- Phantom of the Opera