Old May 7, 2003, 05:46   #31
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:53
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
Let's put Lux back in, they were there in the begining.
Actually...
What if we re-added Lux into the game? We could put them in a large-enough island in territory that is yet unmapped by anyone, with two/three settlers and spearmen.
I know it's not, uhh, very conventional... but think of all the interesting opportunities and surprises that this change could create!
We're here for fun, aren't we? Well, don't you think that having a completely "new" civ to deal with, racing to be the first to find Lux's island and all that would follow could be really fun?
- Phantom of the Opera
Old May 7, 2003, 05:46   #32
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

who - ah , that great news trip

any other stuff you are going to include , ....

have a nice day
Old May 7, 2003, 06:18   #33
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 18:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Um, Shiber, are you keeping in mind the inside information on other teams that various Luxians (and especially Trip) would bring with them?
Old May 7, 2003, 06:23   #34
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Oh, right. Good point Nathan.
Perhaps instead of Lux we can form a new team, made out of Apolytoners who have never been to any of the other teams (including Lux members that didn't join another team).
This is all just a crazy idea of mine. I'm not sure if I like it myself, but I figured that it deserves discussion.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old May 7, 2003, 06:28   #35
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:53
Re: Game Reconstruction
Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
I may actually be able to replicate it 100%, but I'm not sure. Some things (like Worker actions or units loaded in ships, for example) may not be able to be salvaged,
Can you place the units in the boats on land right next to boats the turn before the crash ?
Trip can replay 1 turn for all teams, and load the units back in the boats before sailing off.

Good Luck with the rebuild Trip

Old May 7, 2003, 07:24   #36
Shiber
Emperor

Re: Re: Game Reconstruction
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
Can you place the units in the boats on land right next to boats the turn before the crash ?
Trip can replay 1 turn for all teams, and load the units back in the boats before sailing off.
If I understand it correctly, Trip is going to play the previous turn anyway, to uncover the world maps of each team by giving them units with a lot of movement points and moving them around to uncover the map during the last turn and then disbanding them.

Trip, I cannot express in words how much I'm impressed with your work and devotion. You are truly an asset to this community; these are not just words of flattery, I absolutely mean it.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old May 7, 2003, 07:36   #37
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Thanks Trip
--Woody Allen
Old May 7, 2003, 07:53   #38
Thrumble
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 00:53
Quote:
Originally posted by Calc II
just for the record, GoW had 30 horsemen, 76 swordsmen and 3 GLs

I know the team members will kill me for announcing this in public, but this way if trip forgets to recreate these units that was in there, we have a proof...
I might have believed you if not for the fact that the game only allows you to posses one Great Leader at a time.
Old May 7, 2003, 09:40   #39
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 20:53
Thanks Trip!

RE: Lux
How about creating a one-tile tundra island in the middle of a big ocean for Lux, and giving them one settler? Kind of a "Historian's hideaway".
Old May 7, 2003, 10:10   #40
vulture
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 01:53
3 GLs - great leader, great lighthouse, great library.

Old May 7, 2003, 10:17   #41
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Re: Game Reconstruction
Yes, I fully support Reconstruction. We should make sure those traitor Southerners no longer have the right to vote and ban Democrats from serving in the military since they started the war and lost.

Oh, my bad, wrong Reconstruction.

Funny, how even now after so much time has passed that the US Military is still approxiamately 90% Republican.
Old May 7, 2003, 11:28   #42
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Way to go, Trip! Thank you for the effort. I hope it works out.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old May 7, 2003, 12:29   #43
lmtoops
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Let's keep and mind that Trip will attempt to make the reconstruction 100% accurate. In reality, there may be some small differences.

So let's agree, now, that there won't be excessive complainging about small differences. This is the best solution we have available; so let's enjoy and appreciate Trip's work.
Old May 7, 2003, 13:38   #44
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Agreed. If there are differences between the lost game and the reconstructed scenario, we should speak up and see if they can be fixed, but I don't want to see anybody whining/*****ing/moaning at Trip after he puts in all this effort.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old May 7, 2003, 14:08   #45
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 01:53
Trip, just dont forget to give Grog a Tank on a one Tile Island suroundet by Mountains so he can't influence the Game but is there to be seen by everybody
Old May 7, 2003, 14:10   #46
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Don't worry, GoW won't whine or moan once we get a recently construced Leo's and Sistine Chapel

(thanks Trip, it was worth the bribe of giving Port Isolation to start a new Lux )

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old May 7, 2003, 17:53   #47
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 19:53
Quote:
Originally posted by Darekill
Trip, just dont forget to give Grog a Tank on a one Tile Island suroundet by Mountains so he can't influence the Game but is there to be seen by everybody
u mean 9 tile island

Lux should have a city with tank named grog with mountain surrounding the city.
Old May 7, 2003, 19:17   #48
HarryH
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG2 Sunshine
King

Local Time: 16:53
I think the 3 GLs caused the game to crash.

There are time based elements in the game, such as when an improvement is built affects how much culture it builds each turn. Will that be reconstructed as well?

Has anyone played in a PBEM game that has gotten well into the middle ages?

We still do not know what the problem is. Reconstruction may get us going again but the problem is still there and may bite us again. Is Trip going to reconstruct the game very time it crashes?
Old May 7, 2003, 19:23   #49
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:53
HarryH, we ceratinly hope not. But, if we did nothing we'd be out in the cold where we are now for even longer. Firaxis seems to be really busy at the time, so this action by Trip may be our only hope for quite some time. If the crash is related to the time/era in the game....we shall find out....

We can only hope that we can continue with Trip's reconstruction or we shall have to wait for either Gramphos or Firaxis to see what they can do.
Old May 7, 2003, 21:15   #50
HarryH
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG2 Sunshine
King

Local Time: 16:53
The engineer in me says we need to find out what is the problem we can best figure out how to deal with it. Even if Firaxis can not get us a fix very quickly it would be nice if they could at least tell us what is happening. I would try to dig into it myself but Vox is a small team and I would hate to leave it. That is why I asked about other PBEM games. It would give us more information to work with, as well as tell us if we had any hope of going farther.
Old May 8, 2003, 00:14   #51
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Trip...

Thank you.

I'm not a very good graphics guy, but I'd like to propose something:

I think Trip deserves an acknowledgement, a badge a medal, an honor.

Something on the Apolyton team logo?

I used to be really into Wing Commander... "Heart of the Tiger" meant something to me, for those who remember...

Trip deserves such an accolade.

Among other things, the next city in the ISDG should be 'Tripoli'.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old May 8, 2003, 01:48   #52
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Yes, Tripoli would be nice.

Or, Castle Tripula would be more folklorish

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old May 8, 2003, 01:56   #53
Thrumble
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEM
Prince

How about a secret island city in the middle of nowhere on the map, named Triplantis or something. It could be the lost eighth AI civ.
Old May 8, 2003, 01:58   #54
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Nah, no medals or civs or cities named after me.

I've already left my mark on the map, and I challenge the teams to find it some day.
Old May 8, 2003, 02:51   #55
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Really? That's interesting, a new challenge awaits us!
Old May 8, 2003, 02:57   #56
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

You have given up on finding the cause of the crash?
Old May 8, 2003, 03:47   #57
Shiber
Emperor

To the best of my understanding, we've tried to change numerous things, but when none of the ideas that were brought up worked, we just contacted Firaxis, hoping that they could solve the mystery of the broken save.
I still think we could have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old May 8, 2003, 03:55   #58
BigFree
Deity

Nice. Go get 'em Scooby!
Old May 8, 2003, 04:21   #59
[DG]mav_son
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Chieftain

Quote:
Nah, no medals or civs or cities named after me.

I've already left my mark on the map, and I challenge the teams to find it some day.

....Is there any reward to gain? eg. 1 Mio GP? or evolution theorie?
Old May 8, 2003, 04:37   #60
Shiber
Emperor

Quote:
My guess is that you wrote your name in coast/sea tiles in the middle of the ocean.
- Phantom of the Opera