Old January 25, 2001, 08:30   #31
Cyber
Warlord

Local Time: 07:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
LordLMP- I would like to see the Spartans to be more advanced in war tech, but backwatered in other tech areas.After all, one of Santiagos opinions are, the military to have good technology and a good training.

Lord, Iīll put my trust in you, placing the 5 new Spartan bases, just not too near the Drones and not south of the northern end of the Great Dunes.And please put at least two bases on the coast, so I could have enough bases to support the to-be-built Spartan fleet.
Amen

[This message has been edited by Cyber (edited January 25, 2001).]
Cyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2001, 23:23   #32
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 05:33
Well Argo, you don't have to edit- let's say Aki won and Roze never won... how about that... I just wanted an active writer's faction to win...

LMP- I appreciate the work, but how about letting those just be 'suggestions' and we go by the 'points' system...

I'll do my history update tommorrow... (hopefully) I dont have much time now, in the middle of Feb I will have more time...

About the Trade Alliance, I thought It was originally between
Data Angels, Morgan, University
then the Cyborgs etc. came and the war began... perhaps I am mistaken...
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2001, 00:29   #33
Argonaut
Prince

Trade Alliance was originally proposed after the PK's announced their arrival to the Data Angels via Planetmind, and had been consequently introduced to others. At that point, University was not on good terms with either Data Angels or Cyborgs and war broke out. The University was never part of the Trade Alliance. I'm positive. It's in the posts.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2001, 09:04   #34
[LordLMP]

Fine... the Planetary Council started in 2160...
ok? no?
election every 10 years, okay? no? if so, then we would have the third election i 2180, where people can vote. for the one who is elected, should have plenty of votes, meany lots of pop/bases. but won't have this only the two biggest in votes can be candidates.

As for techs, well just judge how advance an faction is base on weapon, chassis, reactor, armor, secret project, facilities and special abilities techs bring. Easier that way. ok? no?

not all bases haves to be shown in status, only the important/ones mentioned in story maybe? don't people to worry to much in stats and so on. i already started updating the map and will be done for thursday. will also list all bases and their coordinates, aswell as for the crossfire landmarks.

everybody okay with my pirate summary, especially with relations to other active factions?

As for the history, can always simply do a summary like wise like i did to show what your faction has been up to. easier i think, especially if you don't have lots of time for it. will do the overall history summary since 2120, then would be easier to play with and modify. all non-player factions should still be attractive enough for some new player to take, not a faction being conquered and countlessly attacked.

am i to bossy?/steping on people feets?

-LordLMP
Old January 26, 2001, 15:27   #35
Clear Skies
Prince

Are the Cybernetic Consciousness free at the moment? If they are (and if someone can give me a quick run-down of the situation and tell me where to find a copy of the map this time - catastrophic **** -up last time i tried this!) I'd be happy to take Aki over.
It'd really tie in with my own writing too. My story (First Speaker - new part will be completed very soon) is seen mostly from the point of view of Aki Zeta-5, and I've been doing a lot of work on the Cybernetic Consciousness. They're my favourite faction, and above anything I love diplomacy. It's my favourite part of the game.
A couple of things - do the Consciousness have empathic powers in this as well? Do they have the benefits of contact with the Planetmind? When do the aliens land, and who is writing that bit?
OK, I think I've covered everything. Just one more thing - who's in contact with whom? Since there's a Planetary Council underway I'm guessing everyone has everyone else's commlink frequency, but just in case...

Oh, one more thing I forgot - if the Consciousness aren't free I'd be just as happy to take the Gaians back again - Deirdre has any number of possibilities for development.
Thanks.

[This message has been edited by SMAC Fanatic (edited January 26, 2001).]
Clear Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2001, 17:56   #36
Christantine The Great
Prince

Local Time: 00:33
SMAC Fanatic, anyone that I contact can contact me back so Aki can contact me.

EDIT: Oops, just read the summary and it answered my question.
[This message has been edited by Christantine The Great (edited January 26, 2001).]
Christantine The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2001, 23:11   #37
Desert Journeyman
Chieftain

Hey. I've been 'lurking' for quite a while now, and some of this fanfiction is absolutely amazing. I'm very interested in joining one of these stories. If anybody could lend a hand or send me some information concerning one or more of the ongoing storylines, that would be most helpful. My thanks in advance.

------------------
"These men are extremely well-disciplined, and they have a history of engaging in such activities that will serve us well. They will appear spontaneous and ideologically motivated. These men carry their own cover and will not be tracable to us."

- G. Gordon Liddy on his special teams prior to Watergate
Desert Journeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2001, 23:19   #38
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

LMP- your pirate summary is all right with me...

Okay then, we have had 2 planetary elections and a 3rd is coming up...

I have to disagree with you on the techs however, I think my point system is better, Lets Vote.

SMAC-
The cyborgs are 'technically free' XWaste may or may not come back, he said he didn't know when he would return; but if he does, you can just split the duty (if you want)

Everyone is in contact with everyone but the Cult, Believers and Hive are withdrawn. The University is attempting to be withdrawn.

Desert
-I would be glad if you joined our sotries... the info on "The Chiron Chronicle" is provided in the "Summaries", or if you have time you can read the stories.
-The first thing you would do is pick a faction to play that has not yet been picked.
-If you have specific questions, feel free to ask me or LMP (the other GM)

Welcome
Old January 26, 2001, 23:35   #39
Blake
lifer
PolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of Fame
Beyond the Sword AI Programmer

Local Time: 18:33
I'd be willing to take up a faction, I havn't tried any role playing of this type before, but I know SMAX inside out, forgive me if I suck

What factions are still available? And is anyone active on the Gaian/Cult/Believer continent? I'd quite like to play Planet Cult, I could make up the history/current status for him, and I'm sure a cultist IOD and some worms could make trouble for spartans
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27, 2001, 05:05   #40
Cyber
Warlord

DarkCloud- ok, I vote for your system, but in one condition.You could give more points.I mean, the Spartans have 15 points for 57 years which just too a small amount.More like 25-30 would be better.

BTW, this is getting a little frustrated, playing alone.From the factions that the Spartans have met, only the peacekeepers were player controlled and they moved away.The Spartans now seem to be surrounded by AI factions.

And all you joining players, welcome.The Spartans will be delighted to genocide you all. Naah, just joking .

Blake- factions available are:
Gaians, Cult, Believers, Cyborgs(depends on Xwaste),Peacekeepers, Hive and Free Drones.
Get yourself a faction and get rolling .

Old January 27, 2001, 07:19   #41
Blake
lifer
PolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of Fame

Okay, I'll take control of the Planet Cult, I have some ideas, firstly the little brat Cha Dawn has actually grown up (shock and horror) and started longlivity treatment at about the age of 25, but continued interaction with xenofungus has left him a bit... warped. And his voice is still a bit high pitched.

The Planet Cult in the first 74 years on planet has researched extensivly into genetics and the workings of centauri lifeforms, to this end I think the following tech would be the "core" of cult research.

Centauri Ecology E1
Social pysch B1
Biogenetics D1
Ethical Calculus E2
Secrets of the Brain D2
Centauri Empathy E3
Gene Splicing E3
Ecological Engineering E4
Centauri Meditation E5
..and other techs which seem fairly default, probably traded/stolen rather than researched:
Information Networks
Planetary Networks
Doctrine: Mobility
Applied Physics
Industrial Base
High E chemistry

From SMAX and the Chrion Chronicle the *potential* allies of Cha Dawn would be planetmind (obviously), anti-mind (possibly), Dee, Lal (friend of planetmind), Sven (running Green, friend of planetmind), Roze (friend of planetmind). Zak (possibly an alliance of convinence)

The factions the Cult should want to eradicate to make planet a better place are:
Santigo (beat up Lal, disrespect planet)
Domai (industry focus)
Yang (no-one does like him)
Morgan (when running FM anyway)
Miriam (that "promised land" thing)

The SE settings:
Fundie, Green

History could be something along the lines of:

Looting the Unity wreck (netting a Unity Scout chopper and some information), meet up with Miriams fanatics in the process of doing the same.

More recruitment from gaians and beleievers

A war with Miriam, (clash of religious faiths...), which resulted in bloodshed but no attacks on bases. Resolved with an uneasy blood truce.

Trade with Gaians, both techtrade and commerce.

Build up of a hidden army of mind worms, spore launchers, IOD's and an extra special suprise, sea lurks!, these would all be hiding and training/recruiting in fungus, this native army swears total allegience to Cha Dawn's Psi talents and not the planetmind.

Contact would be minimal other than Gaians and Believers. Other factions know of Cha Dawn but do not know much about him.

Any ships that have gone near cha dawns territory tend to go missing, and those which have returned have spoken of horrendous sea lurks lurking in the fungus.

Some of Cha Dawns native forces are scattered in spartan and hive territory, not enough to be used as any significant attack force, rather posing as wild worms while gathering information. The other large continent is largely un infiltrated by Cha Dawn, as it would seem to have less wilderness and better security, as well as the protection of planetmind.

Short term agenda would be to teach the Spartans some respect for mind worms, with a team of mind worms and psi talents being transported by IOD's to the eastern side of spartan territory, with the task of destruction and looting, esp for weapon tech.

Any thoughts or comments, particullary concerning tech?

Is there any information (ie city names) for Cha Dawns territory - or is it all up to me to make up?

And I may also be able to control the Hive, atleast in terms of there war with Spartans, save Cyber playing both sides of the battle... and Yang and Cha Dawn should have little potential for an alliance.

Old January 27, 2001, 11:27   #42
Cyber
Warlord

Blake- good ideas and a good start.About the bases, I donīt think anybody has given them names yet, so it should be your duty.
Remember, that almost all of Spartan controlled areas have been cleansed out of native life(Spartan History 2123-2180) and are full of sensor arrays, so that leaves a very small area for any mindworms to hide.That also gives the Spartans bonuses, though not psychic, but terrain and morale.

An alliance between Cha Dawn and Yang is a intriguing idea,together they might even have a chance a against Sparta .Again, remember if Yang starts to march towards Sparta Command, they have to go through the Free Drones. Diabolic ideas for writing .

Okey, people, lets get this game finally started.LordLMP, Darkcloud, could you give me an estimate when might that happen?

[This message has been edited by Cyber (edited January 27, 2001).]
Old January 27, 2001, 17:23   #43
DarkCloud
staff

It will start as soon as everyone has written their updates; and if you can you should write up your Faction Administartion stuff in the thread...

Glad to have you aboard Blake, it seems we are getting more publicity now!

I suppose your techs are all right, but you might have to cut out that one E5 one... too much tech power; LMP do you think he should?

I think planetmind likes the Cult but technically fears their fanatscism.

Good write up Blake!

I always thought that the Cult and Hive might team up against the industrial Free Drones.

This is hopefully going to turn into a diverse story... Either me or LMP will start an official restart thread tommorrow or within 3 days.

Current Players
Christantine- Planetmind
Argonaut- Data Angels
Dark Cloud- University
Cyber- Spartans

Interested
Desert Journeyman-?
SMAC Fanatic- Cyborgs
Blake- Cult of Planet

Missing
XWaste- Cyborgs
Old January 27, 2001, 17:23   #44
Desert Journeyman
Chieftain

I've looked over what's avaliable, and I've basically concluded that the Hive may pique my interest. Before I assume control however, I'll need to discuss something with the Mods. If they could contact me over ICQ or via Email, that would be great.

Also - might it be possible to collaborate with another player? The Spartans also looking promising. And are the Morganites avaliable?
[This message has been edited by Desert Journeyman (edited January 27, 2001).]
Desert Journeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27, 2001, 17:25   #45
DarkCloud
staff

What's your email?
Old January 27, 2001, 20:09   #46
Blake
lifer

quote:

Remember, that almost all of Spartan controlled areas have been cleansed out of native life(Spartan History 2123-2180)

Well, thats justification for the cult attacking sparta, cleaning out the native life?! How evil.
quote:

and are full of sensor arrays, so that leaves a very small area for any mindworms to hide.That also gives the Spartans bonuses, though not psychic, but terrain and morale.

Don't suppose there is an updated map of planet, would make it a lot easier to work out what is possible. I'm guessing there is still some wilderness in the northeast of sparta territory, and the north of hive territory. The little island of the eastern coast of spartan territory could make an ideal staging point.

quote:

An alliance between Cha Dawn and Yang is a intriguing idea,together they might even have a chance a against Sparta

A spot of worm rape should make those arrogant spartans humble! The Cult is going to switch it's SE over to police state, so thats something Yang and Cha will have in common.

From what I understand the spartans have battled wild mind worms before, but never faced a large scale co-ordinated Psi attack. I'm looking at almost completely razing one spartan base, shipping any prisoners (including atleast one high ranking general) back to cult land to become worm food. From the spartans point of view they have done nothing to provoke the cult, and therfore should not see them as a threat until after the first attack.

Edit: I would really like to have Cent Meditation, basically it's the *only* tech cha has going for him, considering sven has D:AP, Adaptive doctrine, field modulation, int. integrity and Advanced military algorithims it really isn't too much to ask for
[This message has been edited by Blake (edited January 27, 2001).]
Old January 27, 2001, 21:30   #47
[LordLMP]

Before anyone puts serious thought into their stories, wait until i get map done! will be done soon, for sunday or monday definatly.

The Pro-War Peacekeepers is back on the East Continent, reclaimed their old adandon bases. can say they started coming back in late 2130s... they mainly hang around south of the dunes, along the coast, avoiding Spartans until they are ready for war. they also have had some skirmishs with the Hive along Planetneck. Pro-War are more military minded then Pro-Peace. Pro-Peace PKs mainly staying on island and sea bases.

Hive has expanded a lot, since they have lots of room. improved their inter-territory defences and security, so no task force like the spartans can easily come in and pillage everything. Hive as a few naval units, but lot of their naval capabilities got wreck and slowly recovering since the Chiron Alliance/Hive War. Alliance and Hive currently have a truce. They do however have large army of "cheap units" mostly, some quality. Their infrastructure not very good thought, due to expanding a lot and military wise thinking. Hive barely touch fungus fields in their territory and quite secure against any mind worms attacks. currently sending raids on Free Drone defence lines along south of their borders, with help of spartan units. their tech is low-average.

Free Drones in industry, sure, but thats the only thing their good at. Since their expansion is limited, they don't have many bases, so large bases with large infrastructure. they also have large military of cheap units, but not as big as the Hive. Drones currently trying to build up their air forces.

Morgan a lot into Trading and taking care of Economy. Allied with University. some bases still recovering from their war with the Data Angels in past decade.
currently into a trade war with the Pirates. Accusing Pirates of "monopolizing" naval trade and for harrasing their merchant ships. (pirates simply dislike Morgan since the start :P Ulrik met the dude before back on earth, and didn't like him ever since.) So morgan shifted to Air trade (Cargo Merchant Needlejets), to counter the Nautilus naval trade.

Believers expanding and large military, low-average in tech. Dislike Cult. keep low contact with the Planetary Council and rest of factions, since they dislike Democracy and Police State :P Cult and Believer forces are practicly tied. Believer doesn't have advantage over Mind worms, but large fanatic army to counter Cult offensives. they also started to expand to the sea, at Nessus Sea.

Pirates have a naval superioty, especially with their Maritime Control Center. they have many bases spreadly finly all over the places, most of the newer farther bases still small, and bases isolated from each other due to that. they have large navy, some elite rover units and a marine corp formed during the Hive War and proven themselves when wrecking Hive naval capabilites to build a navy along their west shore, raiding bases.
Pirates operating green, since it is required to be part of Chiron Alliance (Planetmind in it too :P) and mainly to keep Planetmind happy. Planetmind seem to like annoying Svensgaard a lot, with its threats of pirate expansion across the sea and worried they'll restricted planetmind Isle of the Deeps from moving a round, and Planetmind spying on Pirate activities, which got rest of alliance to question the pirates activities and possible hidden agenda, and because of rumours of the Larionov Rebellion, which the Marine Corp put down at Pirate Island and it the pirates "Prison Island", which pirates just dump prisoners and people they don't like there, adandoning there...but monthly supplies runs by some transport needlyjet from nearest base. island defended by pirate ships to, patrolling around it. Pirates still have some Elite Rover units (Nautilus Battle Dragons) along Cyborg-Univ border and some at Free Drones, pertending to be free drone units and helping the drones out to defending against Hive. and pirates takes up most of the naval trading. they just recently got D:AP in past decade and only have small air force, comprise only 5 Interceptors, patrolling at bases nearest to hive and morgan. currently don't see the full need of an good air force yet... they will if they start seing other factions building huge air forces.

Chiron Alliance is comprise of the Cyborgs, Pirates, Peacekeepers, Data Angels and the Gaians. Need to follow UN Charter, be a democracy and green economy to be part of the alliance. Planetmind helping defend trade routes.

map will be done soon.

-LordLMP
Old January 27, 2001, 21:42   #48
[LordLMP]

Cult can be geared mainly towards Explorer techs, but not very strong in other areas. Gaians north of them to, and also control a Weather Paridime and the Empath Guild. (all factions atleast have one SP) oh and have little thing in this game which allows factions to have same SPs... just the second faction takes longer to built and third faction to have longer than second and so on. And they are expansives and can't really rush build them, no matter how much money your faction have :P

Tech Stats:

Cult: low average - geared towards explorer techs
Spartans: Average - geared towards military techs
Pirates: above average(part of an alliance and traded techs a lot) - geared mainly towards naval/build techs
Free Drones: average - geared mainly to build techs
Hive: low average - geared mainly towards military/explorer techs
Morgan: average - mainly geared towards economy/build techs
Peacekeepers: above average - general in techs
Cyborg: Advance - mainly into explorer and research techs
Political Univ: Above Average - research techs
Hidden Univ: Advance - all techs in general
Data Angels: Above average - covert techs and so on
Gaians: Average - explorer techs.

-LordLMP
Old January 27, 2001, 22:03   #49
[LordLMP]

DON'T want to be a pain here, but i do suggest that the New Players read the old story threads. Planetmind already looted Unity for the peacekeepers before the Cult or Believer got to it. Dawn of Planet not built on pholus ridge, thats only their second base. SO, WAIT FOR MAP IS DONE please. Contact with the Cult started out when the pirates transported a Cyborg Probe Team to infiltrate Dawn of Planet, which at the time the pirates called a Foreign Base. Cult captured the probe team and acquired comm links to cyborg and to the pirate transport which brought the probe team and standby to pick them up again. Cult contacted Pirates and Cyborg. Cyborg first to start negociations with cult, which started badly, for the probe team back. That thing never been resolved and by 2180, old history. Pirates just mainly ignoring Cult, but keeping an eye on them, especially on their coastal bases. they are semi-paranoid after all :P especially when they are neighbours and their Capital not too far. Sea Lurks and Isle of the Deep cannot capture naval units, so cannot capture Pirate Ships, especially from pirates who are good at stealing ships. also, they are not stupid, they know how to fight isle of the deep, especially with planetmind threats and all and spying throughout the years. Pirates have a presence in Sea of Chiron/great rift. completly destroying bases, especially a spartan one and way at another continent.

anyhow, doesn't stop Cult from researching Flexibility, since it is a basic tech and is 2180.
for Psi related SPs, cult would have to compete with Gaians :P

well consider having aliens after all factions is control by players and went a bit far into the game.

-LordLMP
Old January 27, 2001, 22:20   #50
[LordLMP]

i know iknow, me pain :P

GAME NOT STARTED YET, so don't go play on the old thread...those that do will be consider unofficial until 2180 and on starts with a new thread by either me or Darkcloud...which i suggest doing so after i get map done and all write up their histories and vote on how to measure techs between factions. but to practice, thats okay

ALSO, wait for MAP too please

-LordLMP
Old January 27, 2001, 22:25   #51
[LordLMP]

am i not annoying? sorry thought...

all should write histories at Chiron Chronicles Summaries, using the format i started with or in story like, with dates.

and Darkcloud, 2180, not 2280

-LordLMP
Old January 27, 2001, 23:28   #52
Blake
lifer

Good to know the map is coming

For a start I have read all of chiron chronicles, but it was a while ago, I don't think I have time to read them all again.

I do remember the planetminds gifts to the UN but I had thought they were just standard unity pods and not part of the wreck, that really doesn't matter though.

As for the ship I didn't mean captured as in the marine detachment ability I meant sunk by a Sea Lurk (wild or cult, doesn't really matter, in fact it doesn't really matter if the ship was Pirate, data angel, hive or spartan) and then salvaged by cult, I know that doesn't work in SMAX but it if this was a game of smax which followed strictly to the rules it would be played in SMAX Also cult got into the sea via Cent. Meditation before doc flexibility, and that does work in SMAX. In something par to reallife a understanding of how IOD's survive in the chiron oceans would make researching ship design quite trivial...

I'll change the history/base names once I get the map.

LMP, as for the map I'd prefer if the cult only has one coastal base on each side of the continent, keeping in line with the Cults agenda the cult shouldn't have many bases at all, and the majority of terraforming should be "clean" (ie forest, farms and solar, rather than boreholes and mines). Also it'd be nice if there was a bit extra fungus in cult territory and off the coast, as unlike the other factions cha has been encouraging xenofungus to proliferate wildly.

quote:

I think planetmind likes the Cult but technically fears their fanatscism.

DarkCloud, thats more or less how I view the cult, they are planet friendly but worship the planet and xenofungus rather than the planetmind.

Finally the Cult is not interested in being part of the Alliance, they are not a democracy in any shape or form and don't care much for the Charter either (there agenda is ultimately genocide), altough trade would be welcome with some of the members of the alliance.
Old January 28, 2001, 00:12   #53
[LordLMP]

Well, Dawn of Planet is a coastal base... not very far from Safe Haven too.

okay, i'll just add the bases mentioned in your thing, except as to where Dawn of Planet is, can't move capital, part of the story as to where it is. other bases will put and have some expanse of territory between cult and believers.

only ships at the moment hanging near Cult is the Pirates, Gaians and Peacekeepers. Gaians have Isle of the Deep too.

As for improvements, i don't bother with that. Map only to show where the bases are located and so on. I don't worry to much about land squares. will make map available and the gif pic of it for non-crossfire players.

-LordLMP
Old January 28, 2001, 04:43   #54
Cyber
Warlord

Blake- Okay, donīt use that old map, or even the newer one, in looking where to find a fungus field.
There is some fungus left at the northern tip of the east continent, that hasnīt been wiped out by Spartan or Drone formers and some near or in the Great Dunes and south of them.Of course there some random patches of pink in the Spartan territory, but they are mostly isolated and too small.
The Spartan hatred for native life is because, as you have probably read, the war with the PKīs and Planetmind.
Since Santiago declared the beginning of cleansing all native life, planetmind withdraw her troops and with that most life from Spartan territory, not to mention what the Weather Paradigm and the crazy formers have done.

Please donīt think this as a attempt to stop the attack of the Cult, but I am telling as honestly as possible you what odds the mindworms will face there.
I have tried to build the Spartans into excellent soldiers, with high morale and a one Spartan against 10 hivers ratio.And Iīm still continuing to improve them, as the whole world seems to turn against them.So donīt think any operation on Spartan territory will be easy .

DarkCloud- About the tech, 15 points for 50% is just too small amount, how about 25-30?And what about all the faction bonuses(not that the Spartans have them )
and bonuses from e.g. Network Nodes?don´t they count? just asking.

[This message has been edited by Cyber (edited January 28, 2001).]
Old January 28, 2001, 15:48   #55
DarkCloud
staff

The faction bonuses right now are worth zilch...

The techs should stay as they do, this will allow someone to have gone far, but not too far; (just so you know, (I have played 700 years into most of my games and never gotten past Level 3 techs so I believe this is more like it would be, either that or I am just an extremely horrid player
Old January 28, 2001, 18:16   #56
DarkCloud
staff

Okay okay the new tech system is this

Level 1 tech: 2 tech points
Level 2 tech: 4 tech points
Level 3 tech: 6 tech points
Level 4 tech: 8 tech points

Max60% to science= 30
50% to science= 25
40% to science= 20
30% to science= 15
20% to science= 10
Min10% to science= 5
Old January 28, 2001, 20:32   #57
Blake
lifer

quote:

The Spartan hatred for native life is because, as you have probably read, the war with the PKīs and Planetmind.
Since Santiago declared the beginning of cleansing all native life, planetmind withdraw her troops and with that most life from Spartan territory, not to mention what the Weather Paradigm and the crazy formers have done.

Yeah, I read the history, rampant pollution, population explosion, abuse of planets resources... I don't think I can be planet cult and not attack the spartans

quote:

So donīt think any operation on Spartan territory will be easy .

No worries there, the cult has no intention of actually attempting to hold any part of spartan territory.

btw would it be possible to have a few non-Smax abilities and attacks (altough still based in the Smax universe) I'm thinking specifically of "spore tanks", oppisite of fungicide tanks (allowing formers to planet fungus a lot quicker).
Fungal Bloom device (based on the advanced technology found in the... malfunctioning unity pods), used to reintroduce fungus to devestated areas.
Eco terrorism, for example induced planetblight (which as in SMAX would be contained by biology labs). The use of which may be considered an atrocity with regard to the UN Charter
These are things that don't really fit in a game of SMAX (to keep it "simple" if nothing else), but are great for role playing the factions.
Old January 28, 2001, 22:24   #58
[LordLMP]

Hey, pirates have their Artillery Defences bases shoot back at ships. Anyway, what you suggest would be more advance. also, don't want to have to many non-smax inventions, powerful ones too. Fungal bloom is like the Fungus Missile, so rather to wait until the cult gets the required tech before considering that
Plant fungus quickly? Would think that it would be connected to more advance tech, like the secrets of alpha centauri or some advance Centauri genetics to do that. and for Planet Blight, advance genetics and nanotechs could possibly recreate something like that. Need some logical tech to link to. Artillery Defences is linked to Polymorphic Software where you acquire the Artillery ability. But Ecoterrorism with Probe teams is aloud.

Another thing, Cult would need to bring in a darn large army of mindworms and to transport them to East continent to cause any damage to Spartans, especially completly destroy one of their bases. Also, Pirates do have a fleet of ships patrolling about Sea of Chiron, and Gaian units and PLanetmind. trade routes from Gaia to Pirate bases there and Peacekeepers. Sure they'll detect fleet of isle of the deeps going by
so sneaking in an amry of mindworms/spores to east continent undetected will be hard. Anyway, look at the map i'll link to here...tonite or tommorrow, depending if Yahoo is on slow mode or not.

Anyway, Map is done, one GIF aswell... just need to put on my sight and link it to here :P

Darkcloud - Explain us how exactly this point system works? my idea simpler :P this game involves creative writing, not math :P dislike math :P

-LordLMP
Old January 28, 2001, 22:41   #59
[LordLMP]

*after looking at Admin 2 and seing Darcloud's Univ stat info*

Darnit :P now i need update map again. monday i will put up for sure :/ Oh well. anyone else with special names for bases and so on? any area you would like base to be place? will update now and post map up tommorrow. if anyone wants some changes after that, will just have to update again :P

-LordLMP
Old January 28, 2001, 22:53   #60
[LordLMP]

Dark Cloud, whats the names of Hidden Bases?
Also, how far in tech in average should the factions be??? I can understand Cult, being low-adverage, but University still in Impact Guns?

I know in most of my games in the highest difficulty i get something better than impacts by 2180. half of those games Cruisers and Needlejets. Also, Chiron Chronicles is bit abnormal compare to the game. I never seen a 61 pop base for instance especially by 2180. How many bases exactly are you hitting for? I already made up University territory with bases...just the names i can easily do. I woul think in average that most factions would be into Gatling Lasers and Missile Launchers.

So we do need to vote on the this Tech thing, and either using my simply way or confusing math to calculate how advance a faction is.

-LordLMP