Old May 7, 2003, 00:27   #1
Harry Tuttle
SporeScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 19:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
New "Post" WW2 Scenario
I have created a new thread at CivFanatics about a new "Post" WW2 Scenario. In essence, the Nazi's have won the war in Europe. Read on...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...threadid=52425
Old May 7, 2003, 00:29   #2
Harry Tuttle
King

If anyone wants to help, please let me know. I need units designers and someone to help me write BAT files. Thanks!
Old May 7, 2003, 03:14   #3
EZRhino
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 17:54
Location: Sunset and the evening star And one clear call for me.
I can help you with the batch files. Let me know what you need.

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!
Old May 7, 2003, 05:28   #4
jim panse
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 02:54
Local Date: November 2, 2010
if you need help with the units and other gfx, tell me ....
Old May 7, 2003, 11:09   #5
Cal
Prince

Local Time: 00:54
Why have the Germans break their treaty with Japan? If I remember correctly, the Rome-Berlin-Tokyo Axis was a pact for mutual defense: any attack on one country would cause the other countries to declare war on the attacker. Since Japan attacked the United States, Germany would not be technically bound to assist. It was Hitler's decision to declare war on America, not the other way around. (Japan didn't declare war on Russia when Germany attacked it, for instance.)

Also, if the campaign went so well in Russia, Japan might've also started invading Russia from the east.

And a weakened Britain might also mean Japan would try to seize India, or Australia.

I'm just having problems seeing the Pacific war turn out so similar to how it happened in reality with so many changes in Europe.
Old May 7, 2003, 13:42   #6
Harry Tuttle
King

Well, first off, remember, this is a Germany without Hitler.

Secondly, Rommel could have, being the smart general he is, decided that Germany didn't need to have a belligerent partner in the Pacific, a partner who was showing signs of taking on the big neighborhood kid.

Also, Japan didn't have an army that could really take on the Soviet Union. Most of their troops were held up fighting in China and their tanks were of inferior design to the Soviets. Japan wanted to bring the U.S. in the war because they thought the sheer logistics of moving troops across the Pacific would allow the Imperial Navy to have the upper hand. What they didn't want was an enemy right next door. Just by looking at the Japanese war machine it is obvious that they were a sea power, not a land power.

The battle for the Coral Sea would have still happened, seeing as the United States would have been in the war, preventing any invasion of Australia. An attack on India might be a bit of a stretch as Japan couldn't make it through Burma in the first place.

As the link above states, Japan did lose the war. Nazi Germany however is still around...
Old May 7, 2003, 14:05   #7
Cal
Prince

Local Time: 00:54
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
Well, first off, remember, this is a Germany without Hitler.
Exactly. That's what I'm saying. With Rommel in charge of things, Germany could simply choose not to declare war on America when Pearl Harbor happened.

Quote:
Secondly, Rommel could have, being the smart general he is, decided that Germany didn't need to have a belligerent partner in the Pacific, a partner who was showing signs of taking on the big neighborhood kid.
Fair enough.

Quote:
The battle for the Coral Sea would have still happened, seeing as the United States would have been in the war, preventing any invasion of Australia. An attack on India might be a bit of a stretch as Japan couldn't make it through Burma in the first place.
Well, if Egypt was taken as the link says, I was thinking that may have limited British supplies so much that they wouldn't be able to hold their colonies in the pacific.

This scenario reminds me of kobyashi's ZWK scenario, in which during the invasion of Poland, Hitler has a stroke, dies, and Rudolf Hess takes over as fuhrer.

Of course this has gone a bit farther. Good luck.
Old May 7, 2003, 22:32   #8
Harry Tuttle
King

Thanks for your offers guys I will let you know what I need as soon as I finish up the map and flush out a diagram.
Old May 16, 2003, 16:31   #9
Harry Tuttle
King

Hey Everyone,

I will be updating the progress of the scenario this weekend. So be sure to check the thread on CivFanatics for how the scenario is progressing.