Emperor

Local Time: 02:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Guess we need a replacement then.

http://zanature.wordpress.com
H0bbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31, 2005, 07:35   #422
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 01:57
Looks like it and for Battleship Earth also.
Old July 31, 2005, 17:34   #423
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

I got this from FF, so I would be willing to cut him some slack.

Quote:

RL has gotten in the way of me easily playing any of my turns. My intentions are to get back on the wagon today (along with returning to posting at 'poly).

Hopefully those plans pan out.

I've never dropped out of a PBEM game, but if I'm slowing things up too terribly it might be wise to find a replacement for me if I don't get back in within the next week. :-(

FF
Old July 31, 2005, 21:13   #424
H0bbes
Emperor

Fine, I'm happy to give him a few more days. I understand that RL can prevent play, but not even notifying anyone for a month is just rude.

Old August 1, 2005, 01:25   #425
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 18:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by H0bbes
Fine, I'm happy to give him a few more days. I understand that RL can prevent play, but not even notifying anyone for a month is just rude.
Well I'm sorry, for the past month having enough money to put food on the table has kind of been more of a priority than doing anything with the computer.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
FlameFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8, 2005, 19:02   #426
H0bbes
Emperor

So how long is too long?

Old August 21, 2005, 10:03   #427
Hercules
Deity

Just keeping the game alive.
Old August 21, 2005, 18:22   #428
H0bbes
Emperor

Personally I think that this is long enough without any commitment, communication, or timetable from FF. I vote for a replacement.

Hobbes

Old August 21, 2005, 20:22   #429
Hercules
Deity

Flameflash posted in our private ACDG3 forum a few days ago, so I hoped he would be able to find some time to post theturn.
Old August 25, 2005, 03:24   #430
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Unless this is about a new turn (I sent a turn on July 31st) and given that the new turn was not properly sent to me (corrupted by your virus checker, Hobbes) then I think I am highly due for an apology from you by now.

If it is not a new turn we are talking about, then I apologize, my work schedule recently changed in preparation for school, and it has only been roughly four days since it has been received. I've been working on the turn when I have a chance, but I do not have the time to sit down and play the whole thing out in one sitting given the age of the game.

Personally I find your lack of patience, rude temperment, and disrespect appaling Hobbes, regardless of if this is a new turn or the old one I've already played and sent.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old August 25, 2005, 06:27   #431
H0bbes
Emperor

As I have previously stated, you have posted once in 6 weeks without any mention of actually playing the turn. If there was a problem with the turn, why didn't you ever- in 6 weeks!!!!! let me know? I sent you the turn at least three times and not once did ever acknowledge its receipt via email or here on the thread. Do you, or do you not, have the turn?

Exactly how long do you think I should have waited? 8 weeks? 10 weeks? 6 months? A year?

All I want to do is play the damn game!

Personally, I find your lack of communication, lack of commitment, rudeness, and disrespect, appalling. This is not the only game that suffered from your rudeness. I note that BE2 was also held up without you bothering to take 3 minutes to inform the other players of your situation.

Hobbes

Old August 25, 2005, 18:10   #432
Hercules
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Mongoose
I've been having major comp trouble the last week or so. If the 2253 turn was sent to me, I never got it.

Mong
Old August 25, 2005, 18:20   #433
Hercules
Deity

I think what has happened is this: Flameflash sent 2253 to Mongoose, but Mongoose never received it.

In the meantime, Flameflash was looking after RL
Old August 25, 2005, 18:23   #434
Hercules
Deity

we need to hear from Mong?
Old August 25, 2005, 18:30   #435
Hercules
Deity

Mong's last post was 15 July.
Old August 25, 2005, 18:35   #436
Hercules
Deity

However FF's custom of saying the turn is sent on or what ever, but without specifiying the turn year, does lead to confusion.
Old August 26, 2005, 02:10   #437
FlameFlash
Emperor

Thank you Herc.

That problem is due to my Macness, as it either screws up the year or doesn't give me the option of saving the year in the file name.

Old August 29, 2005, 20:19   #438
Hercules
Deity

If I recall (meaning checking past posts), Mongoose had a bad health spell awhile back, like last year August 04
Let us hope it is not a recurrance.
Old September 4, 2005, 22:57   #439
Hercules
Deity

Ok I feel we need a replacement now.
Old September 5, 2005, 01:39   #440
H0bbes
Emperor

Fine whatever.

Old September 13, 2005, 04:32   #441
Hercules
Deity

Flubber has offered to take Mongoose's place.

So Flameflash needs to send Flubber turn 2253
Old September 13, 2005, 10:07   #442
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
Flubber has offered to take Mongoose's place.

So Flameflash needs to send Flubber turn 2253
Also, I'll need the password-- I'll check the thread for whomever would have that
Flubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2005, 10:27   #443
Hercules
Deity

I think Googlie was the CMN.
Old September 13, 2005, 10:47   #444
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Message from Foreman Flubber of the Aquadrones to the Drones and simulcast worldwide

------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings to Peoples around the world

It was with great suprise and humility that I accepted the role as foreman of the drones. I have very little knowledge of the situation on this world and have accepted this role and am making this statement prior to receiving my briefing. I invite each and every world leader to contact me by "personal message" on a communications system known as "apolyton" or alternatively, I can be reached at home at sharris4141 at yahoo dot com. While I may not be able to respond to substantive issues until my advisers show me the map and the diplomatic situation, I would welcome opening dialogue with each of you.

My opening position would be that I would honour deals that have been struck by the Aquadrones in the past but I will require assistence and information from you as to the status of these. In the absence of information to the contrary I will accept the stated diplomatic situation within my communications box as accurate and will act accordingly.

I may seem woefully uninformed as to the status of this world and that would be an accurate description. My duties in the production facilities and with respect to childcare ( where I attained the rank of Grand Diaperer) have given me scant opportunity to attend on world affairs. It has been a long time since I have taken such a leadership role and I hope that my leadership skills are adequate to the challenges before me. I do appreciate the vote of confidence by the people for promoting me to this role based on skills demonstrated in the past.

To our friends out there, the Drones wish continued friendship. To those that may have wronged us in the past, I will consider reconciliation IF and only if such wrongs have been sufficiently repaid. To those that may wish to wrong us in the future, I promise retribution to the extent it is within my power to do so. I wish peace but the Drones will have no tolerance for anyone that attempts to take advantage of this transition period.

I look foreward to hearing from you

Foreman Flubber
Old September 13, 2005, 10:48   #445
Flubber
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
I think Googlie was the CMN.
yup I found that in the first message on this thread and have already PMed him
Old September 14, 2005, 01:51   #446
FlameFlash
Emperor

Turn and message sent. Welcome Flubber, and thanks.

Old September 14, 2005, 14:20   #447
Flubber
Deity

I am still waiting for the password-- I will try to play as soon as I get it although I would love to hear from other players as to the diplomatic situation
Old September 16, 2005, 14:28   #448
Flubber
Deity

Foreman Flubber stood before the council of ministers

"My briefing is postponed, Why ?"

"We apologize foreman but all the maps are in the secure room which is locked. Unfortunately, the key went into the recycling tanks with the former foreman"

" Well get another key"

"Sir, there are no other keys and the only perso with the ability to make one is keymaster googlie. He has been messaged but he is a wandering soul and we don't yet know if he has even received it"

"Well is there anything we can do in the interim"

"The foreign minister does have dispatches for your review . . ..
Old September 16, 2005, 18:53   #449
Hercules
Deity

I think I speak for all factions in that we wish keymaster Googlie a speedy recovery.
Old September 18, 2005, 08:15   #450
Hercules
Deity

I just remembered, Googlies out touring with his laptop, so I wonder will he have all the older game passwords with him.