Old February 27, 2001, 21:10   #91
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 05:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
(OOC:

The way I see the factions motivations for war is is this

-Cyborgs HATE University because of 1st war *atrocities* REALLY hate Zakharov
-Morganites DO NOT LIKE Cyborgs because of the Land Graab War for the Borehole cluster.
-University/Morganites HAVE A COMMON GOAL destruction of Cyborgs

-SPARTANS vs. Drones/Hive/everyone (no reason...? Repression of arms?)
-Gaians vs Morgan
-Believers vs Zakharov (Lack of principles)

-Pirates split politically during war, University/Cyborg/No Fights
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2001, 23:10   #92
Argonaut
Prince

Official Statement : Datajack Roze

Today the University of Planet made an announcement, ordering the abandonment of the Planetary Council Base. Continued paranoia about the base serving as a strike point to attack at the heart of the University were stated as the reason.

First off, let me say one behalf of the Planetary Council that we will not be pushed around by the demands of one faction leader. The University of Planet is fully welcome to participate in Council as well as to contribute to the cost of defending that facility. However, the University chose not to participate and as a result has no say in the actions of the council.

Second, I must point out the shear nerve that Head Academecian Clairvont-Clairveux has in making such an implication. The Data Angels certainly are not afraid to meet the University in open conflict on fair ground, and need not resort to sneak attacks. We do not all behave as their trecherous allies the Morganites seem to like to.

If University forces attempt to take control of the Planetary Council Base, the Data Angel forces there will fight to maintain the neutrality of that facility. I call upon all other factions present at the council, be they friend or foe to the University, to do the same to protect the autonomy of the Council that we all respect.

Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2001, 23:32   #93
[LordLMP]

OOC: Land Grab War of Borehole Cluster??? Borehole cluster is on the eastern continent and currently under Free Drone control. I can see Gaians getting war with morgan, but they are seperated by the Pholus Sea, which half of Pirate core bases reside. Believers not advance or have enough of a navy to do some damage.
And Cyber, i Have shrunken the PK Continental Forces. The Pro-War civillians are of course quite involve into military stuff. The Pro-War bases are more prep for war then the Pro-Peace ones. The Pro-War have immune Support i guess, but only to Pro-War. And PKs have Industrial Automation, so they have Supply Crawlers/Foils all over the place, like Fossil Ridge. Anyway, even if Spartans outnumbered, with their Morale and so on, they can do damage.

Planetary Council Base

The Spartans didn't have some good arguments, so not having legal claim of the territory south of the dunes. Spartan representive started accusing, making threats and so on. PK representive backslashed, rest of representives and started getting into arguments. Spartan not popular at Council, neither is Hive. Free Drone partly got involve in the flame war against Hive and Spartan. Cyborg representive kept quiet. Svensgaard tried to calm things down, but Morgan rep flamed him, and Ulrik retaliated. Gaians rep flamed Morgan. Believer rep condemn the whole council and so on. Sinder Roze tried to change the subject concerning University's ultimatum and "threat" to take Planetary Council Base if the forces there not withdrawn, but she was pretty much ignored, except being flamed by morgan rep. Was Chaotic. The whole thing broke apart and reps started leaving Council. Lal at the end, who was almost aloned in the Council, declared the Council completed, despite dissapointments. Day later, various reps left PCB, some stayed to take care of their Embassies. Council will be given a rest for month or two atleast.

Then there was a Chiron Alliance meeting to talk about the Spartans military build-up, current border situation there and so on. Svensgaard revealed somethings like military movements at Spartan, spartan probe acitivities here at PCB and them sending probe teams to University. Then talk about Hive's agression towards Free Drones, but in general, Hive haven't been a problem to Alliance in past decade or so. Also talked about current situation at the Chiron Continent, concerning University and Morganites. Then Planetmind reminded them again about Antimind.

After that, leaders went back to their factions.

OOC: Happy University?

[This message has been edited by [LordLMP] (edited February 27, 2001).]
Old February 28, 2001, 01:35   #94
Blake
lifer
PolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of Fame
Beyond the Sword AI Programmer

Local Time: 18:33
OOC: Cult has (had) a boil mind worm and it's trainer lurking in the zone between peace keepers and spartans, until now obviously this area was not visited much by either faction, or else the PK's would have been noticed earlier. Cult leaders communicate using hand held transmitors, these are not connected to the datalinks in any way

TO: Cult Commander, General Nisadou
Attachment: Recon data (map of area between spartan/PK territory.)

Sir, things are heating up here, the spartans have obviously noticed the PK's and both sides seem to be amassing troops, the place is crawling with rovers from both factions, I've been detected a couple of times atleast. The damn spartans have taken a few shots at my worm, altough they didn't pursue, presumably they just considered it a wild mindworm and not worth deviating from patrol routes to pursue.

I'm heading to the coast and request immediate pickup, I don't know how much longer my luck can hold.

TO: Great Dunes scout

You realise by transmiting you have probably comprimised your position, however under the circumstances it was unavoidable. Continue to the coast and lie low until a sealurk pickup can be arranged.

TO: Prophet Cha Dawn

I'm forwarding the data our scout has collected about the spartan and peacekeeper conflict. Basically it confirms what we learnt from council. Evidence suggests that the PK's have quite an army, from the arrogant diplomatic approach Commander Braddock has taken prehaps it even rivals the Spartans. Tatical speculation suggests the PK's could hold out against the first wave of spartans - barely. Presumably they have reserve forces, but there is just no way on Chiron they can survive a prolonged assualt from the Spartans.

I think there are some oppurunities for furthering the Cult here, think it over.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2001, 11:13   #95
Cyber
Warlord

Local Time: 07:33
(OOC: LMP, now the Pk army looks more realistic. Now is my turn )

Spartan Newswagon

Industrial automation is a failure

The huge promises of the scientists behind this invention have been premature. Yesterday, all over the Federation the new machine workers started to malfunction and not comply to orders. Fortunately no serious accidents happened, but estimates of the loss of resources to repairing the damage, plus lost industrial efficiency are huge.
The cause of this is speculated to be a error in configuring the new machines into the older factory systems properly. But, research and development will be continued with Industrial Automation. The Junta gave a statement that, “Next time it better work, or those scientists will be executed”.

The Peacekeepers becoming a threat

After the failure of Industrial Automation, all possible citizens, that aren´t in the army, have been called to the factories to work. The Junta revealed that the Pk´s have gathered a sizeable army near the southern border. Because of that, the military production has been increased four times larger. All able citizen are hereby called to the nearest factory or farming facility for daily work until the threat of the Peacekeepers has ended or been eliminated.
Cyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2001, 12:29   #96
Cyber
Warlord

To: Colonel Santiago

Ahh, wonderful to be back at home. The damn Planetary Council turned in the end into a circus, and the whole things was a slow and boring process. The b*stards even rejected our legal rights to the claim of the territories south of War Outpost.
I´ve been wondering, a while ago Svensgaard said that they had infiltrated our datalinks already a long time ago. Might they still be continuing? Whatever is the situation, the only possible way for their probe teams is Free Drone territory. I´ll send some hardened probe teams to investigate in the western border bases, and command the security there to be extra watchful.

To: General Von Halzburg, War Outpost

Sir, we picked up a strange message coming from the borderzone. First we thought it was
A PK unit or even a Probe team, but after a while we found out it was sent east of here, towards the sea. Sir, if I may point out, it might be a spy from the Pirates, or even some Peacekeepers communicating with a PK invasion fleet. Unfortunately, we can´t clear the message enough to understand it with the equipment here, so I have sent a copy there.

Probe team in UN Data Acquisition

The two Commando Probe teams were now safely in UN Data Acquisition. They had quickly crept through the coast, barely avoiding dozens of heavily fortified bunkers and sensor arrays, to the base and in the same way as the crew of Apollon, they had already faked themselves ID´s.
Their first mission is to gather information and asses the troops of the peacekeepers.

As one of the Probe team member was walking in the base and evaluating its defenses and overall morale. As he watched the people, he could see the determined hunger for revenge in their eyes and the constant stress of hard work in their tired faces , to keep up their army, defenses or just surviving in this damned land. He also noticed how poor and colorless this base actually was. Even Survival Base was more alive.
Further on the street, he could see two security guards carrying a drunken man out of the street. The poor sod looked half dead, and the guards were obviously annoyed by him.
They took him into a police rover and threw him in. They then closed the rovers back door, and the spy heard as one of them said,
“One more. The damn lockups are full of people like that, this damn situation is getting out of control.”
“Damn Pro-War politicians for dragging us here, and damn the Spartans for starting all of this...”
The other one said with a tired and angry voice.

“You are soon going to be worse demons than what you imagined us to be. How ironic.”, the spy thought and a sarcastic smile appeared on his face.

[This message has been edited by Cyber (edited February 28, 2001).]
Old February 28, 2001, 17:06   #97
Christantine The Great
Prince

Local Time: 00:33
OOC: I hope no one thinks I've left. I just don't have much to respond to.
Christantine The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2001, 17:36   #98
Cyber
Warlord

(OOC: Chris, why do you wait to respond, why don´t you start something
)
To: Prokhor Zakharov

Greetings, Prokhor Zakharov. I have heard much about you and your factions, and I must say, I am impressed. Few people have guts enough to stand straight and be ready to defend their opinions against an overwhelming force, and you seem to be one of those people, so I salute you.
About the joint meeting, there are some practical problems. Sending messages are slow and risky, as every faction in between will be listening. Meeting face to face has its own problems, as where is the safest place to meet without all of the rest factions sending probe teams to blow their enemies to kingdom come.
In the name of friendship, I must tell that there are currently a couple of our probe teams on your territory, but not on a mission of spying or creating havoc, but to help you. You probably know them as the Benefactor.
It was pleasant meeting you, and I hope to hear from you soon. We have much to plan and discuss.

The Leader of the Spartans,
Colonel Santiago

Old February 28, 2001, 21:19   #99
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

OOC: LMP, I was speaking of the war for the energy or whatever, that is north of Morgan, I forgot what it was called...

I'll post tommorrow, It is lightninging here so I must get off...
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2001, 22:06   #100
Blake
lifer
PolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of Fame

TO: Commander Braddock of the Peacekeepers

Greetings Commander. We at the Planet Cult have been following your plight with much interest. There can be no doubt that sooner or later Santigos minions are going to attack you. I have no doubt that your brave peacekeepers will repel the first spartan invasion, but what of the second, and the third? Sooner or later the spartans will drive you back into the sea, and claim your rightfull territory as there own.

Santigo is also Planets enemy, the evil spartans continue to pollute and pillage Planet, and show no intention of changing there path. They must be stopped.

I propose a simple deal, the Cult will ship a native army to your territory and help fortify it against the spartan invasion. I'm talking no less than 10 Mature-Demon Boil mindworms, 5 spore launchers and assorted support vechiles, available for immediate dispatch on Isle transports.

In exchange I request only the technologies of High Energy Chemistry, Synthetic Fossil Fuels, Advanced Military Algorithims and Doctrine: Airpower. I'm sure you'll agree this is but a small price to pay for the continued survival of the Peace Keepers.

Lets keep Brother Lal and his politics out of this.

Cha Dawn
Old February 28, 2001, 22:36   #101
Argonaut
Prince

***Private Message : Standard Encryption
To: Head Academician Clairvont-Clairveux c/o University of Planet

Greetings Academician,

As your informants have no doubt informed you, the Council session has come to an end. Do not think that this is of your doing. The Planetary Council will not succumb to the demands of a solitary faction, especially those of a faction who have chosen not to participate. Do not think that my people won't continue to watch you like a hawk.

Datajack Roze

Dream to Planetmind

My friend, I think it is only appropriate to warn you that tensions are rising between my people and those of the University of Planet. It is a political matter between their administration and ours here, so do not think that I am asking for your involvement. Hopefully it will not come to war, however if it does, I would not be surprised if University Forces were to move against the Manifold Nexus. My forces there could prove a liability. If you wish, I will remove them so as not to draw you into a conflict of which you do not wish to be part. However, I do still wish to assist you in the defence of that facility, especially with the reemergance of the Antimind. I thought it only fair to inform you of the situation, that you might best decide which option is best for you.

Your faithful friend,
Roze

[This message has been edited by Argonaut (edited February 28, 2001).]
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2001, 23:25   #102
[LordLMP]

To: Prophet Cha Dawn

Your asking quite a lot. How about our exchange of High Energy Chemistry and Advanced Military Algorithims for your 10 Mind Worms or less? Providing offensive technologies to a Faction runned by a Police State and who don't have the fullest of respect of the U.N. Charter is not wise.

General Braddock
Peacekeeper Continental Forces

To: General Braddock

I brought your proposal to Chairman Yang. He will only accept it if you provide us Doctrine: Air Power.

General Kane

[This message has been edited by [LordLMP] (edited February 28, 2001).]
Old February 28, 2001, 23:47   #103
[LordLMP]

To: Captain Svensgaard
From: General Greenway, Commander of Nautilus Battle Dragons

Our Battle Dragons at Free Drone blockade reports that the Hive have stopped sending attacks. It seems many of their Rover units are being remove from the borders. I hear that the Hive have declared a Blood Truce and now negociating with the Free Drones for a Peace Treaty. Quite a historic event here, but the negociations will take awhile thought.

General Greenway
Commander of Nautilus Battle Dragons
Battle Dragons HQ
Deadman Tavern
[This message has been edited by [LordLMP] (edited February 28, 2001).]
Old March 1, 2001, 02:31   #104
Blake
lifer

TO: General Braddock

It would seem you like to take unessecary risks with the lives of your citizens, I do not comprehend why you would possibly want to take such risks. I value the lives of my mindworms as much as my most loyal human citizens, and you would ask me to send a smaller army? That could only result in greater casualties for both of us, and my mindworms can expect no mercy from the brutal Spartans.

Therfore I withdraw my offer of assistance unless you meet my demands, in respect of your descision not to share offensive weapon technology instead of complete Air Power technology I will settle for the specifications of SAM ability, for defense is my foremost concern.

Indeed the Planet Cult is run as a police state, for I ask you, how can the common man be expected to know what is best for Planet?

Prophet Cha Dawn
Old March 1, 2001, 08:09   #105
Cyber
Warlord

Troop orders

The War artilleries in Centurion Caves, Militia Station and Assasins Redoubt are to be immediately transferred to War Outpost, to join the main army there

Colonel Santiago

Colonel, one of our Outposts received a strange message couple of days ago. They sent a copy of the message here for deciphering, and just a moment ago we finally found out who the message was sent to. The recipient was the cult of planet. Impossible as it sounds, they seem to have sent scouts here to observe the situation between us and the PK´s, and that scout unit, which seems to be a controlled mindworms unit, sent even a map strategical information. They are definately up to something. I ordered all border units to attack any mindworms they see on our side, and two units are searching for that particular cult worm along the border.

Greetings, Prophet Dawn. I´ll go straight to business. We have hard evidence that one of your units has been detected in the PK-Spartan borderzone. What in the name of Hell are your units doing here, prophet?
This is between us and the PK´s, it´s not your business to be here, or do want to lose your mindworms?
Whatever the reason is, get them out of here or we´ll clean you like we cleaned Planetmind of of this territory. If you haven´t noticed, this place might turn soon into a bloody battlefield.

The Ruler of the Spartans,
Colonel Santiago

Old March 1, 2001, 10:03   #106
Cyber
Warlord

Colonel, something unbelievable has happened. Hive troops have withdrawn from the border and news from the Free Drones say that the Hive has declared Blood Truce and Peace treaty talks have been initiated.
Though they have withdrawn, now they can consentrate their full military strength against us, so the situation is getting serious here.
A good point is that they have to go through Free Drone territory before getting to us.

To: Chief Commander of Blockade Guardians

Commander, this is just trick of the Hive, but a clever one. I hereby order you to withdraw from the Blockade. Destroy everything possible that cannot be taken with.
You are to establish a new blockade to the Free Drone-Spartan border, and a second one on our side of the river west of Centurion Caves and Defiance Freehold. The rovers of all nearby bases will be sent to help you with your task of building the two new blockades.
You have your orders, now obey them.

Colonel Santiago

To: Foreman Domai

Foreman, what is this? Peace with the Hive, after what they have done to your people? After what they represent?
However, do what you wish. Just remember, don´t dissapoint us by making extra deals with them, like giving them rights to pass through your territory and attack us.
We are still friends and when, not if, the Hive betrays its part of the bargain, the Spartans are ready to assist.

Old March 1, 2001, 11:00   #107
[LordLMP]

To: Colonel Santiego

Colonel, I do know what they done to our people and want they represent, but you know has I that they would eventually would break through the blockade. So rest is needed.
I have no reason to make any extra deals with them when they continue to badly treat their workers. Would be hypocrisy of me and they seem to hve been forced by the Planetary Council to cease attacks aswell.
I have notice thought that your units are destroying part of the blockading and forming up at our borders. What is the need of this?

Foreman Domai

To: General Kane, Hive

It is agreed. I will send you people Doctrine: Air Force after I start seeing the Hive it side of the deal.

General Braddock

To: Prophet Dawn, Cult of Planet

Mind Worms or not, people would die in the coming war. Anyhow, we will provide you the SAM ability along with High Energy Chemistry and Advanced Military Algorithims in exchange for help of 10 of your mindworms. I will only send you the techs once i see the Mindworms arrive at U.N. Haven City.

General Braddock

To: Chiron Alliance Leaders

I am worried about the Spartans and the Peacekeepers on the continent. General Braddock seem to be ready to drag our faction into an unwanted war. Many lives are at stake. What can we do stop this?

I am also worried about the increase in tensions on the Chiron Continent.

Commissioner Lal

dream to planetmind from Lal

planetmind... can you help deal with a problem we have a U.N. SeaQuest? There seem to be a Spartan Probe Team holding up in a Freighter. My people there are worried about the two extra reactors. They can be use to cause great harm to my people there... and would give Braddock enough reason to start his war. please, can you help?

Old March 1, 2001, 16:38   #108
Cyber
Warlord

(OOC:LordLMP, you have just given a revolver to a chimpanzee . Doctrine:Air Power can be a very powerful weapon in the hands of the Hive, not only against the Spartans, but against the Chiron alliance west of Hive.

To: Foreman Domai

Just minimising potential losses, Foreman. We won´t do any treaties with those b*stards, and I won´t leave my soldiers on the now needless blockade to be sitting ducks, and the unmovable equipment there is more valuable destroyed than in Hive hands.
We are making the new blockades in order to assure that the damn Hive won´t march unobstructed straight to Sparta Command if they possibly get through your territory, so don´t worry.
We are always near to help you when the Hive renews its attacks. But for now the old Blockade has to abandoned.

Colonel Santiago

Old March 1, 2001, 17:00   #109
Blake
lifer

TO:Colonel Santiago

As you are surely aware Santigo I have no units in your territory. No doubt your "evidence" is just another peacekeeper trick.

Prophet Cha Dawn

The Cult army has been dispatched.

TO: Commander Braddock
s

My army has left Chiron Stigmata and consists of 9 Mindworms, 3 spore launchers and support vechiles. It'll take a detour around Nautilus territorial waters and should arrive at UN Haven City in a few weeks. If you would be so good to set aside a large patch of land near UN Haven City for Cult use it would make supporting my mindworms a lot eaier.

Oh, and one of my mindworm scout units will turn up at UN Haven City in a few days, they'll be in quite a hurry and possibly pursued by spartans.

Cha Dawn

OOC: I've posted detailed Cult army stats in Admin, a "large patch of land" is about 2 game tiles.
Old March 1, 2001, 18:29   #110
da illen villen
Settler

I would like to take over the Free Drones. Could someone please tell me the rules, the history, and where everything stands now?
da illen villen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1, 2001, 19:13   #111
Christantine The Great
Prince

Dream to Commissioner Lal...

I detect something. It appears to be some type of PlanetForce that will no longer respond to my commands. I believe that it is heading for the old Peacekeeperbases near the EarthSpartans. Shall I send a fleet to investagate?

I know of your situation in U.N. SeaQuest. Shall I dispatch an Planetisle to use the psiwave aganst them? It the Planetisle can get close enough it can induce vomiting that will eventually cause the probe team to rip out all of their internal organs...

Dream to Datajack Roze...

If you believe that your presence is dangerious then please leave! I do not want to endanger your troops. Please leave two of your rovers behind though. I just want the rovers, not the weapons...

Dream to Col. Santiago...

Ha...ha...ha...

[This message has been edited by Christantine The Great (edited March 01, 2001).]
Old March 2, 2001, 00:38   #112
[LordLMP]

OOC: da illan villan, read thread Chiron Chronicles Discussion. Lal's/Braddock's replies tommorrow... me tired

To: Nautilus of the Sea

Third Fleet as detected a fleet of Isle of the Deeps and a single Unity Foil moving around our borders towards west. They seem to belong to the Cult of Planet. We also detected communications back forth between the Eastern Continent and the Cult.

Admiral Proudmoore
Third Fleet

encrypt message via Free Drones bases
To: Branko

The Spartans units that was at the Free Drone Blockade are setting up another blockade along the Free Drone/Spartan borders. Spartans have increase security among its western bases. It seems they are aware of probe activity or simply us. With its new blockade up, we would have to get out of spartan territory from the north.

[This message has been edited by [LordLMP] (edited March 02, 2001).]
Old March 2, 2001, 04:52   #113
Cyber
Warlord

2nd War Rover Unit of Southern army
Hunting the Cult Scout unit near UN haven City
Recorded by Command Rover Log

""Commander, we have detected the worm. It´s near the border and is about to cross it.""

"Well, give it a shover missiles for a warning. If it doesn´t stop, continue shooting and open a commlink to its trainer... damn piece of fungus..."

Without a reply, dozens of missiles were shot. They collided into the ground right in front and behind of the Cult mindworm. The worm stopped for a second then continued its frenzied charge for the border.

""No response, Sir. Opening a commlink now.""

To: Unidentified Controlled Mindworm Unit

This is Commmander Jakob Weiss, from the 2nd War Rovers. You are hereby arrested for spying and tresspassing through Spartan territory. Stay where you are, and do not cross the border, otherwise you will be destroyed.

""Sir, no reponse. It is just about to cross the border.""

"Not, if you ask me. Shoot with all you´ve got!"

""Yes, Sir!""

All rovers started launching missiles, that combined into one big hale going straight for the mindworm. The worm suddenly stopped, as if it knew its end had arrived. Then, in a millisecond, the worm vaporised as the combined power of the missiles hit, turning first into a bright explosion and then a huge cloud of smoke and dust.

"That settles it."

""Sir, there are some PK units gathering at the other side.""

"Good, they just witnessed Spartan superiority in combat. Now lets get out of here. Oh, and contant War Outpost to send someone to study whats left of that thing."

As the Spartan rovers left the site, they didn´t see the crawling trainer getting out of the thick cloud of smoke.The human crawled barely the last few meters over to peacekeeper territory, and the PK rovers went to pick him up.

Old March 2, 2001, 08:24   #114
Blake
lifer

Continental Peace Keeper rover patrol

The embarrased peacekeepers stood in a loose circle around the cult Trainer, the poor man lay on the ground crying, and seemed to be trying to tie himself in a knot.
"Is he shell shocked..?"
"Don't think so"

The captain of the patrol attempted to talk to the trainer, with no success.

"Does anyone know what language the bastards speak?" shouted the captain.

The peacekeepers shuffled uncomfortably, eventually one of them ventured "Sir!, if I may, I think he is grieving the death of his mindworm... my sister was in the Peacekeeper psi corps, the bond these trainers have with there worm is.. well... my sister had to pratically live with her worm, eventually she dropped out of the corps, the emotional strain was too much."
"hmph, and the mindworm was probably this guys only companion for years."

The cultist managed to compose himself enough to stand up, still shuddering violently he tried to speak, his speech was almost unintelligible but from his gestures it was clear he wanted to go back towards the border.
"He wants to go back for his worm, sir"
"He's crazy!"
"The spartans HAVE gone..."
"I'm not risking good men on such foolishness!"

The Cult trainer had got his bearings and started stumbling back towards the border. "Stop that idiot!"
One of the peacekeepers ran to the trainer, "I'm taking him back to his worm Sir!, atleast let the poor man have his dignity"
The captain scowled, and yelled "It's your arse, I ain't gonna stop you!", he then ordered the rest of the patrol to prepare the rovers for a quick getaway.

The cultist performed a hurried ritual over the shattered remains of his worm, then with the help of the peacekeeper collected most of his equipment. Barely had they made it back accross the border when a spartan rover screamed into view. The Cultist turned and howled at the spartan rover, the peacekeeper tried to keep him moving. A brave PK rover sped to the border and collected the cultist, hightailing back to rejoin the patrol.

The cultist sobbed and clutched at a couple of planetpearls recovered from his mindworms corpse. Eventually he stopped sobbing, and tucked one of the planetpearls into a small amulet, the other he gave to the peacekeeper which had helped him. The peacekeeper was embarassed, but accepted the gift, for fear of instulting the cultist, and because a planetpearl was worth a LOT of money.
Old March 2, 2001, 09:34   #115
[LordLMP]

OOC: just shows how important Braddock's proposal was anyway, Braddock doesn't give a hoot, just want to kick Spartans butt Of course, Lal wouldn't like it a single bit if he finds out. Quote: There is a reason for everything i do and say -LMP
Note: Data Acquisition and Haven City civilians are mostly evacuated, so mainly of military people and maybe a pk probe team. so higher risks for spartan probe teams, especially two!

Your mindworms can land at sector 116,66, there is still fungus there. Cannot provide you much more, since rest of lands near Haven City are farms, forests, solar collectors, sensor arrays and bunkers.

General Braddock

dream to planetmind from Lal

a PlanetForce? does it belong to the Gaians? the Cult? Antimind? why are they moving towards the oldpeacekeeper bases?
as for SeaQuest...yes, would really aprreciate it... they were there for a month now... don't know how the probe team can last that long...

To: General Braddock

Planetmind as detected a fleet of Isle of the Deeps moving towards Haven City. It is possible its an invasion force from either the Antimind or the Cult. may even be help from the Gaians, but they haven't said a thing to me concerning it.

Commissioner Lal

To: Commissioner Lal

Commissioner, my Third Fleet as detected a fleet of Isle of the Deep moving towards Haven City, as you may know already or not. They also have been detecting communications between the East Continent and the Cult of Planet, so the mindworm fleet most likely Cult for sure.

In another matter, if your General Braddock's Continental Forces attack the spartans first, then the rest of the alliance cannot legally help you really... military wise anyway. Nautilus Pirates are ready to send their marines and battle dragons in if needed, but not if PCF attacks first.

Oh, before i forget, the Hive seem to be up to something aswell. After the Truce, they remove large amount of units from the Free Drone/Spartan border. The Spartans retreated its Blockade units so they can establish another blockade along the Free Drone border. Possible there will be a Big War on that continent.

Captain Svengaard
Old March 2, 2001, 11:33   #116
Cyber
Warlord

(OOC: The Spartan probe teams in UN Data Acquisition are just gathering easy info for now, otherwise keeping a low profile.)

In freighter Apollon

The Spartans were still holding on. After a month of being on that ship, the food supplies were running out fast.
Three weeks ago, when the PK security forces finally found out where they resided, they sent tens of commandos to raid the ship, before they had enough sense to scan the freighter. The commandos were all dead now. Either by a trap or a Spartan gun.

The Captain sat on his chair in the bridge, staring blankly into the monitors. He was tired and wounded in the left shoulder, and breathed hardly. Two other surviving probe team members were behind him, trying to do their jobs of monitoring the ship.
The Captain was having a flashback, first seeing his family, his two sons and his wife playing outside their house. They we all so happy.
Then he saw as one of his probe team members desperately jumped into a group of eight heavily armored commandos, and killed them all with a shredder gun, before he was shot square into the chest and fell on the
ground, dead.

Suddenly, an excrusiating feeling of sickness overwhelmed him.
"Sh*t!... Psionic attack!Put your helmets on!" The Captain screamed.

The Captain and the two Spartans put their psionic helmets on, just as another wave of sickness hit them. The Captain fell from the chair on his knees, holding his stomach as if it was ripped open.The Two other Spartans were on the ground already, almost paralysed from pain.One of them took out his knive.
"Got to cut it out...Got to cut it out..." he repeated as he struck the knive into his guts, again and again.

The Captain found out that his mind still worked and he could somehow move.
He crawled to the comm. console and actived the automatic message sending system. A message was sent to the Hive. A message that was encrypted, but encrypted in a way the Peacekeepers could intercept and decipher it.

To: Chairman Yang, the Hive

Sir, we have failed. But the trick to throw the blame on the Spartans worked.We are now detonating the three reactors. Please forgive us and our families.END

The Captain then took the remote control for detonation from his pocket and looked of what was left of his crew. One was dead, his guts spilled on the floor, and the other one was lying lifeless, her head dripped in her own vomit.

The captain looked again at the remote control. This is it. The time has come. The Peacekeepers are going to pay.

Then a powerful wave of agony and sickness overwhelmed him and he fell on the ground, the remote control flying out of his hand. At the same time, klaxons started wailing all around the bridge. The peacekeepers were trying to raid the ship, and now one of them had stepped into a trap.

The Captain started crawling on, in tremendous pain, towards the remote control a few feet away.
He reached the remote, just as the bridge was raided. Peacekeeper commandos poured in from everywhere, screaming and shouting something the captain couldn´t understand anymore.

"All of you, go to Hell!" He screamed back at them and punched the red button on the remote control.

A member of one of the probe teams that came from Apollon watched from a transport foils window the base. UN Seaquest was being evacuated as fast as possible, and all four surviving probe teams were now on one of the numerous transport foils getting out of the doomed base. One of the original five probe teams had tried a more radical way to get out, by stealing a transport foil, but that had been a failure.

The Spartan was sitting comfortably in a second class seat with a window view, when suddenly the whole base turned into a fiery, bright ball of fire. He turned his face away, thinking that they were too near. The tsunami would crush them.
A second later, the pressure wave hit the transport hard and broke the windows, the pieces of synthglass slicing the passengers.

The Spartan spy, a large piece of synthglass in his throat, saw as his last glimpse of life a huge wave coming towards them. Then everything faded away.

[This message has been edited by Cyber (edited March 02, 2001).]
Old March 2, 2001, 16:46   #117
Christantine The Great
Prince

A Isle Guard Isle of the Deep was off the coast of U.N. SeaQuest, using its psi powers to destroy the Spartan probe team, when the tidal wave hit. The Isle was thrown up on the wave. As it coasted on top of the wave it got a message from Planetmind. The action that the Isle was doing was called "surfing" by the Earthhumans. The Isle experienced "fun" for the first and last time in its life before the titanic wave crushed it.

Dream to Commissioner Lal...

I believe it is a...PlanetCult fleet. They are heading to the old bases. I do not like it. Something is going on between them and AntiMind. I am going to stop them...

OOC: About 10 Great Boil IoDs are heading for the Cult fleet to intercept, not attack.
Old March 2, 2001, 18:08   #118
Blake
lifer

Prophet, we have a problem here. Earlier today the demon boil isle detected a disturbance in the resonance fields, we sent one of the sealurks out on recon and found about a dozen isles headed on intercept course with the fleet. The sealurk tried to make contact, but failed, altough it felt the planetminds presence.

I've ordered all isle's and the sealurks on full alert, if the hostile isles continue on the current heading we intend to hit them with everything we have. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but if we don't strike first we lose the only advantage we have against hostile forces. I'm going to do everything in my power to get this fleet to UN Haven City. The spartans will be stopped.

Meditative transmission to planetmind from Cha Dawn

planetmind... planetmind!... I know you can hear me. my native army has detected a dozen of your isles on intercept course... why? have you gone senile in your old age planetmind? do you think I intend to join forces with the spartans and help them wipe out the peacekeepers? my army IS a peacekeeping force, you were too weak to stop the spartans... but they must be stopped. i intend to re-inforce the pk defense border... hopefully the spartans reconsider there attack when they see the increased odds they are against... if not then with the peacekeepers help I intend to teach them the errors of there ways.. or destroy them.. call off your isles planetmind... if my army doesn't arrive at the the peacekeeper borderzone then you will have helped the spartans destroy the peacekeepers... is that what you want?? ...prehaps you are the one which is allied to the spartans?
Old March 2, 2001, 20:35   #119
[LordLMP]

U.N. Headquarters

Lal looks at the monitors of the footage of the destruction of U.N. SeaQuest from a Missile Foil, before it was destroyed by the blast... collapses on his chair, mourning for those lives...

The U.N. Navy as already dispatch ships to recover any possible survivors. U.N. Intelligence and U.N. Security has started investigation on this disaster.

U.N. Pearl Harbor as intercepted the transmission sent from U.N. SeaQuest to the Hive, before it got destroyed. Copy of the transmission as already been sent to U.N. Headquarters. It seems that the Probe Team that as captured the Apollon is actually a Hive one.

Lal decides to contact the Chiron Alliance before declaring an emergency Planetary Council meeting without proof as to who that probe team belonged too.

Safe Haven

Captain Svensgaard quikcly receives the reports from Nautilus Intelligence of the thermal nuclear blast which destroyed U.N. SeaQuest.
Its like the Nuclear Destruction of Pearl Harbor fiasco of the 2040s back on Earth. The transmission to Yang from the Apollon Freighter isn't enough to actually prove that the probe team was from the Hive, so the Chiron Alliance cannot declare vendetta upon the Hive, or the Spartans in which the probe team may of also come from without any valid proof. like back on earth, which they cannot proved who sent the terrorists to nuke Pearl Harbor with a stolen U.S. military transport. He has ordered the Nautilus Intelligence to investigate and contacted Third Fleet to send rescue ships to the scene and help the U.N. Navy to recover any survivors.

U.N. Enforcement Base

General Braddock received the reports of the destruction of U.N. SeaQuest aswell. He was at rage, almost destroying his office at Peacekeeper Continental Forces HQ. He also received reports concerning the transmission sent to the Hive, which he didn't believe. Probebly the Spartan Probe Team, which was originally assumed, sent that message to frame the Hive. Intelligence still wasn't able to prove if it was the Hive or the Spartans which the Probe Team belonged. He was almost about to order the Frontal Units to commence attacks on the Spartans, but he hold itt off. That would be a stupid move, since if He attacks first, the Chiron Alliance wouldn't come to help out.

Old March 2, 2001, 20:40   #120
da illen villen
Settler

To the Free Drone Citizens

Today we have a new leader of the Free Drones. His name is Brian. Today he announced his plans for the destruction of the Hive. This of coarse will have a great affect on the industrial asspects of us but it is for the graeter good.
da illen villen is offline   Reply With Quote