Old May 7, 2003, 21:39   #1
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 16:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Turnchat 3 will begin soon.
Alright, just got back from school.

That is Undernet on IRC.
I am personally connected at: paris.fr.eu.undernet.org (Port: 6666)

We are in #civ3dem. I'll begin an 7pm my time!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old May 7, 2003, 22:23   #2
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 20:59
Turn 1

The spears threatening our northern territory retreated. A new enemy city was founded near the cow to the west (a bit north of the cow). and that was about it.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old May 7, 2003, 22:44   #3
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Ottomans attacked with 2 more warriors, and lost. Our second settler is moving north to found the Green city. 5 turns done, all is going well.

--Con
Old May 7, 2003, 23:03   #4
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Posting save
7 turns into the turn chat and we are still alive. Second city founded.

Save attached
Attached Files:

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old May 7, 2003, 23:04   #5
WhiteBandit
Prince

Asked the Ottomans what they would like for peace. . .
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ottomanpeace.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	44352  

Old May 7, 2003, 23:28   #6
WhiteBandit
Prince

Here is the save!

REPORTING:

Turnchat #3
Turn 1 2900BC
Production changed in Asgard to Settler
Scout Thor N, W
Scout Odin W, NW
2 Ottoman Workers and Veteran Spearman moved North of Asgard
Reg Worker Moved S of Asgard
Reg Spear Fortified in Asgard

Turn 2 2850BC
Worker S of Asgard building road
2 Slave Workers N of Asgard building road
Scout Thor moves W, W
Scout Odin moves W, NW
Vet Spearman fortified on workers N or Asgard

Turn 3 2800BC
Thor moves W, W
Odin moves NW, W

Turn 4 2750BC
Thor moves NE, NE
Odin moves W onto mountain.

Turn 5 2710BC
Roads completed both N and S of Asgard
2 Ottoman Warriors and 2 Ottoman Spearman W of Asgard.
Odin moves S, S
Thor moves N, E, discovers GOODIE HUT towards the North!
All workers mine tiles. But I ended up cancelling the southern worker. DOH. So a wasted turn on him. :-/

Turn 6 2670BC
Settler completed! Settler Moves N, N
Thor moves NE, N
Veteran Spearman N of Asgard moves N to cover settler
Odin moves W into Forest
Our worker moves N, N, NE
Production changed in Asgard to barracks
Ottomans still won't talk to us...

Turn 7 2630BC
Settler founds "The Second City" (Only a temporary name of course
Thor moves NW and pops... nothing. Moves NW again
Odin moves S, SW
Worker SE of Second City builds road.

Turn 8 2590BC
Odin moves W, S
Thor moves NE, N

Turn 9 2550BC
Due to objections over my sense of humor, The Second City has been renamed to Trondheim
Odin SW, S
Thor N, E

Turn 10 2510BC
2 Ottoman Archers appear to the NW of Trondheim.
Thor N, E
Worker SE of Thronheim mines
Odin moves SW, S
Spearman moves from Asgard to Trondheim.
---------------------------------------------

Ottomans are about to enter our borders with 2 archers. Right now they will settle for Peace if we pay them 100 Gold. We currently have 110 Gold and 6GPT!

Discuss
Attached Files:

Old May 7, 2003, 23:30   #7
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 21:59
Congrats, WB! Great job, folks!
Old May 7, 2003, 23:58   #8
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 18:59
And we live to see another turnchat!
Old May 8, 2003, 00:01   #9
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Another hut of nothing!?!

I sense an AI conspiracy!
Old May 8, 2003, 00:04   #10
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:59
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Whew! Good to see that my bad luck hasn't tainted the Vice President! I'm glad that you'll be doing the Wednesday chats, WB - you can repair the damage done from awful luck during my Saturday chats! I look forward to looking at the save again...

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old May 8, 2003, 00:32   #11
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 18:59
Good turn chat; sorry I missed it.
Old May 8, 2003, 00:37   #12
Epistax
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 19:59
I completely forgot when the time came. Good thing too because I was doing homework.

Excellent progress. Could we get some math on what our chances our of surviving this assault? I wouldn't give them the money unless they had a pretty good chance of making it through our walls.
Old May 8, 2003, 07:22   #13
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Yes - as Aro has said - great job WB, Uber, and GK.

Now peace for 100 gold, or not?
Old May 8, 2003, 09:39   #14
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 00:59
Sorry Epi, we don't have walls in Trondheim. We were unable to procure Masonry during the chat so we can't build them yet. Right now our only bonus is that they have to cross a river to get to us. Here is some math:

(Spear) 2
(Fort) .50
(River).50
Total = 3

Makes me think, are they Vet Archers?
Also, if we move both spear into Trondheim, what is stoping the AI from walking right up to Trond and the crossing the river in a SE direction landing the stack smack in the middle (and on our road) of our cities?

This will be a difficult situation to deal with...
Old May 8, 2003, 10:57   #15
Epistax
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Heh I didn't mean walls as in city walls (although that would make this entire conversation moot as they would't have a chance). Without looking at math directly, it seems to me they wont have a very good chance. Would the cost be more or less next turn?
Old May 8, 2003, 11:22   #16
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Is there a rule on Deity that humans poping huts always results in nothing?

On the proposed peace deal:

A. What's the probability of losing a city to those 2 Archers?

B. How much would it cost to get the Celts to declare war on the Otts?

C. I don't trust the AI not to take our money but declare war before 20 turns are up in the case of the Otts or take our money to declare war, but declare peace again before 20 turns are up in case of the Celts, so it's probably in our best interest to pay in GPT instead.

This will retain our cash for upgrading units; with reduced pressure from the Otts, our economy should grow.
Old May 9, 2003, 04:29   #17
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 02:59
hi ,

we could take the risk , ..... in some games ( did a test run ) its possibly to beat those archers , ....

its either that or show them we are weak and be faced with a couple of small cities while they build up for a big final blow , .....

have a nice day
Old May 9, 2003, 09:05   #18
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Panag, you're not supposed to do test runs, unless you set them up in a seperate game in the editor. Have a nice day too
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old May 9, 2003, 09:19   #19
GodKing
Emperor

OK. We either pay the 100 and get peace now, or we fend off the archers and risk teh AI bribing another civ to join in. I vote for peace as that will allow us to do our expansion and get our armies into shape.

--Con
Old May 9, 2003, 09:21   #20
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:59
Can someone direct me to the save report, please? I can't exactly do my job if I don't have the save.
Old May 9, 2003, 14:10   #21
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 02:59
Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
Panag, you're not supposed to do test runs, unless you set them up in a seperate game in the editor. Have a nice day too
hi ,

no kidding , .....

actually i have done that a long time ago , before the game , .....

and yes they always get set up in a special test scen (!)

its just to study the units and how the AI uses them , ....

have a nice day
Old May 9, 2003, 16:01   #22
CiverDan
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Lux InvictaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Roleplay
Prince

Make peace ASAP, using GPT if possible. Fighting a war on someones elses terms is usually bad, with this being no exception.
Old May 9, 2003, 16:51   #23
GodKing
Emperor

GT - the save is in this post, along with the report. WB didn't do a seperate thread. THe 2510 BC save is the latest and current save.

--Con
Old May 9, 2003, 17:14   #24
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Is there a risk of other civs getting drawn in? I don't think you can make Military Alliances before Writing; granted, an AI could discover that soon, but science is one of the few things the deity AI doesn't get a bonus to.
Old May 9, 2003, 18:04   #25
GodKing
Emperor

Kloreep, correct. But they do trade techs with eachother like the dickens, and they do it often enough, and they gauge us so much, that they could. Also, just because the ottomans don't have the tech, doesn't mean that another civ that does and has an embassey with them will not get drawn in.

--Con
Old May 9, 2003, 21:51   #26
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:59
Quote:
GT - the save is in this post, along with the report. WB didn't do a seperate thread. THe 2510 BC save is the latest and current save.
Ah, thanks. Sorry, didn't notice it for some reason
Old May 10, 2003, 13:18   #27
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Writing is a low priority AI tech.

But with 23 AIs, some AI is bound to be reseraching it.