Old May 7, 2003, 22:15   #1
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 03:59
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Idea for a TV Show
This thread is about tv show ideas! Contribute yours and comment others ideas.

I bet many have gotten this same idea too, but here I go anyway...

.. it would be like a travelling program, extreme travelling. Meet Pekka Show, it's extreme, it's real and it can get the host KILLED (and the camera team too).
I'd show you different cultures and trying to survive super hostile situations. I'd try to make it fun, telling stupid jokes and risking my butt for stupid stuff like breakfast. I'd be travelling in all the places that are DANGEROUS to travel. Robbers with no pain to kill you for your shoes or just for fun, kidnappers, soldiers who thinks you're the enemy.. First country, Congo! After that, Afghanistan country side etc etc etc. Or how does NK without permission to enter sound? I hope we have some fast running shoes after we survived the electrical fence and first ak47 shots from guards.. Yeah.. we might end up prisoners in China. We could do nice trekking in the outbacks of columbian coke cartells properties, showing the beautiful country.

It would be a blast! It could be interractive too, viewers could vote and recommend places we should visit, without permission to enter of course. We talk fast, we run fast, we fight fiercely to get out of situations. Extreme travelling!
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Last edited by Pekka; May 7, 2003 at 23:04.
Old May 7, 2003, 22:19   #2
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 19:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
ANY reality show idea proposed in Comedy central ads.... I WOULD LOOOOVE TO WATCH!!!!! While you were drunk and handicapped house are my 2 favorites.

As for my own idea Survivor:Hobos. Rules are

-No food or supplies given during the 30 days
-Location is not prepared like the current sissy version. therefore likelihood of people dying will increase greatly
-Contestants eithe make less than 20k or dont make any earnings at all
-If they have criminal records its a plus to the application.
-Murder theft and abandonment in order to survive is allowed (hey as long as they are not in US right? )

Last edited by Zero; May 7, 2003 at 22:24.
Old May 7, 2003, 22:22   #3
Pekka
Emperor

I don't get Comedy Central

My show would be adrenaline rush everytime, forget about bungee jumping from choppers or extreme snowboarding and check out the guy who is about to run through minefield to escape angry police officers!
Old May 7, 2003, 22:30   #4
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Pekka
I don't get Comedy Central
Let me tell you some on top of my head. Basically its a insulting joke on reality shows. All of the ads run like "its a new reality show on abc/fox/nbc" it will be great! and screen goes into this gigantic text that spells out "Get real" while buzz sound plays in background. Some of the funniest I remember are:

While you are drunk: The new intoxicating reality shows puts two people to the test. Friends hook up 2 unlikely victims and we provide them the alcohol. As alcohol levels go up, Standards go down.

The handicap house: Handicap people fighting for one million dollars.

Theres also one that makes fun of fear factor/haunted house kind of reality show one, where narrator talks about putting the conteststants in a old haunteed house blinded, stabbed gutted and etc etc etc and burying them with one million dollar when they win or something like that.
Old May 7, 2003, 22:33   #5
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Local Time: 02:59
the problem would be (if you get out alive at all) that after you accomplished some great stunts etc etc most of the time they'd capture you and desotry the tapes so you'll have nothing to show
Old May 7, 2003, 22:35   #6
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 17:59
Pekka: It sounds like your show will have a really short season after some Congalese kills you for your shoes.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old May 7, 2003, 22:43   #7
Pekka
Emperor

HAha those are funny ideas . Handicap house sounds sooo cruel .
Old May 7, 2003, 22:45   #8
Pekka
Emperor

Oerdin, yes. There are risks. But if that happens, show must go on and new host comes into picture.
Old May 7, 2003, 22:46   #9
Pekka
Emperor

paiktis, the idea is to survive and be able to show them. Well the idea is that it's not 100% sure we'll ever make the next day.
Old May 7, 2003, 22:49   #10
Oerdin
Deity

Wouldn't it be safer to do a show like Jack-Ass where you do stupid stunts which might break your arm but won't ever kill you? A TV host isn't paid that well or not enough to risk your life over.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old May 7, 2003, 22:55   #11
Pekka
Emperor

Where's the fun in that? Granted, I like watching Jackass but.. that is invented already. Plus, it wouldn't be just running away from angry dudes and laughing like crazy. It would be actually really very dangerous, and if someone doesn't chase us, it's still good because it's real so everyone knows and hopes for surviving. We wouldn't necessarily look for trouble, make an effort to find them.. for example sneaking succesfully into NK would be good without any troulbe. Then we would show some places, but we wouldn't do jackass stuff like jump roofs or anything like that. If we get chased, shot whatever, that always mistake, we would try to prepare it so that it's as safe as it can be. But we wouldn't have guns or anything, or way to call it off if it gets hot. If it gets hot, then we must do anything to survive. It's like real survivor meats fear factor .
Old May 7, 2003, 22:58   #12
Pekka
Emperor

Or another kind of show: Operation Bad Idea.. stupid missions people would have to accomplish like 'go to Irish pub and insult them ......' etc .
Old May 7, 2003, 23:04   #13
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 20:59
There's a show similar to this, Travel Sick, where the host goes around the globe doing stupid moderately dangerous things (e.g. "Wrestle a bunch of Turks" or "Eat this crap local food and die from giarrdia"). None of them are life-threatening, unfortunately.
Old May 7, 2003, 23:07   #14
Pekka
Emperor

CalcII, I like your Survivors idea. I think it no one would show it, just like my Pekka Show.. too bad.

Candid Camera idea.. 'and you thought you were alone'.
Old May 7, 2003, 23:10   #15
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

"Battle Royal"
Old May 7, 2003, 23:10   #16
Pekka
Emperor

loinburger, really? I can't get it.. too bad . Wrestle bunch of turks sounds like a really bad idea if it's for real and not set up .

Ok, so Pekka SHow would have to focus on places that are generally very dangerous in itself. Like going to NK with US flag and chant 'USA USA USA!' Would make one helluva show .

Or how about 'arrogant bastard', where the host would go to different countries being arrogant, stereotypical American, like the bad stuff. Overly arrogant and annoying.
Old May 7, 2003, 23:13   #17
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
loinburger, really? I can't get it.. too bad . Wrestle bunch of turks sounds like a really bad idea if it's for real and not set up .
Yeah, he was in pretty bad shape at the end of that episode.
Old May 7, 2003, 23:15   #18
Zero
King

Quote:
Or another kind of show: Operation Bad Idea.. stupid missions people would have to accomplish like 'go to Irish pub and insult them ......' etc .
my life...

actually while u were drunk is also my life. Me and my friends can be so cruel sometimes.

once we got one of my friend hammered and hooked him up with a girl we knew he'd loathe. At the moment he thought it wasnt funny that we intentionally did it, but now he actually laughs about it with us.
Old May 7, 2003, 23:15   #19
Pekka
Emperor

Man I'd love to see that show, if other 'missions' are just as stupid as that one.
Old May 7, 2003, 23:28   #20
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
I could just see how that would go. "You bunch of ass kissing fagot Catholics! I bet you all can't just wait to get on you knees and kiss some Unionist ass! Why I know old Russian women who can play football better then you fat bunch of drunks..."

It would most certainly be a short tv season as you would be spending so much time in the hospital.
Old May 7, 2003, 23:32   #21
Pekka
Emperor

Ok Ok not me, I don't have a fantasy about being tv show host .
Old May 8, 2003, 04:00   #22
Uncle Sparky
NationStates
King

I'm still waiting for Fox to do a "Kid Gladiator" show, where young kids face off against rabid household pets & each other.

Its going to happen !
Old May 8, 2003, 04:53   #23
Az
Emperor

How about a paintball league on TV, with helmet cameras, and **** like that?
Old May 8, 2003, 05:04   #24
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

How about a show called "We're Just Gonna Shoot People In The Head"?

It's pretty much what the title says, really.

Surefire blockbuster! So to speak.
"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
"That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world
Old May 8, 2003, 06:33   #25
Rufus T. Firefly
King

I mentioned this on another thread a while back:

In Turkey, at the height of the economic crisis last year, one of the most popular shows in the country was a reality program on which two middle-class couples competed to see who could do the better job living for a month on the Turkish minimum wage (at that time, about $100/month). It was sick, fascinating, and politicizing, all at once!
Old May 8, 2003, 06:51   #26
Chemical Ollie
King

A guy actually died recently when filming for a travelling program in Sweden. He was climbing a frozen waterfall and fell several meters between the ice and the rock and got stuck. They didn't have the bad taste to show it on TV though.
Old May 8, 2003, 06:54   #27
Chemical Ollie
King

The most tasteless TV show I heard of was from UK, where they had beauty contests between kids from an orphanage. The first price was to get adopted by new parents, while the ugly ones had to go back.
Old May 8, 2003, 08:05   #28
Zevico
Prince

Local Time: 10:59
The producers of that British show should be shot, mangled, and never allowed near a television again, let alone a television studio.
Old May 8, 2003, 09:56   #29
Paul Hanson
King

Local Time: 01:59
Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel

How about a paintball league on TV, with helmet cameras, and **** like that?
This was done on British TV a while ago.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.
Old May 8, 2003, 11:26   #30
Japher
Emperor

Local Time: 00:59
How about a reality show where they get a group of ppl and put them on a replica of a 15th century boat, like Christopher Columbus sailed in. Then we make them sail from Spain to the US...or around the world... that would be kewl.

You could also have them vote someone off each week, make them walk the plank! Eventually there will be only one guy left to try and navigate the boat, but if he makes it to port he will win a trillion dollars!!! Then they burn the boat and have a big party.

Or, we could have all the ppl on the boat be horny guys with masks on, one girl, and Monica Lowenski... The girl will be high on morals... Thus, who ever 'sleeps' (or is "alone") with Monica gets kicked of the boat until there is only one left.

That would be kewl.

Either that or a sitcom with Martin Lawrence. The ratings wouldn't be as good, but it would stay on for a long time and totally suk. Maybe it could be a remake of All in the Family