Old May 12, 2003, 08:25   #151
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 01:00
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Eeeeergh! GT uses IE - get away from him :vomit:

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 12, 2003, 09:39   #152
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 02:00
I have a slightly different question:

Where do I see how good/bad the thread is rated?
Old May 12, 2003, 09:52   #153
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

On the main forum there are 1-5 stars next to some threads.

-Jam
Old May 12, 2003, 10:51   #154
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Where exactly? I have attached a screenshot how the main forum is displayed to me (well, the Ministery of information has altered some insignificant details )

Old May 12, 2003, 11:10   #155
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 20:00
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Your primitive editing jobs betray your organic nature. Stick to hacking at small animals with pointy things.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old May 12, 2003, 12:24   #156
Jamski
Deity

Yuck - two IE screenies in one thread. I think I'm going to be sick.

(Corellion - we're out of small animals today)

-Jam
Old May 12, 2003, 12:27   #157
Micha
King

Quote:
Originally posted by War of Art
Yuck - two IE screenies in one thread.
Nope. As you can see it is NOT the IE...

But I provided the image for that somebody shows me the stars (thread rating). I don´t see any.
Old May 12, 2003, 13:10   #158
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 03:00

This is a screenshot of how I see Apolyton, with the star thread ratings. I presume it has something to do with the style you are using for Apolyton. My guess is you're using a "Light" forum style, while the thread ratings can only be seen on a "Default" style.
Old May 12, 2003, 13:17   #159
Jamski
Deity

Thanks Maniac - I was just trying to attach the same picture (another MoO3 style user ) I can only get screenies as .bmp files, and 'poly thinks 50,000 is too big to paste in a thread. And I'm using the Ultra Light style, and I can see the stars

-Jam
Old May 12, 2003, 13:28   #160
Micha
King

Thanks! That explains many things...

Quote:
I can only get screenies as .bmp files, and 'poly thinks 50,000 is too big to paste in a thread.
Well, paste the screenshot into Paint (for example) and save it as xyz.JPG
It works fine, reducing the size to 100-200kb

Otherwise you may upload your .bmp file to apolyton and then link to it.

EDIT: You HAVE to upload it. Even the .jpg! Then you MUST link to it. As attachment poly says it´s too big (width).
I did so with [ IMG ] ... [ /IMG ]
Old May 12, 2003, 13:34   #161
Jamski
Deity

I tried that - Paint won't let me save as .jpg, and I don't have any other graphics programms on this computer. (This one is for games and internet ONLY) And I'm too lazy to mail it to the other PC in the bedroom, open Photoshop etc etc. Here it is in black and white...

-Jam
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenie1.bmp
Views:	5
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	44833  
Old May 12, 2003, 14:16   #162
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 19:00
Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
COMRADES GREAT NEWS!

With 4 of the 7 PAC votes in we are the first faction to have chosen a leader. I thank the Peoples’ Advisory Council and the Party for their support and faith in me, I will strive to live up to the expectations of the Party and the People for the betterment of the State.

-Chairman Voltaire
Congratulations Chairman Voltaire! We the people trust you to lead us to one victory after another victory. We'll write a new page in the Hive history!

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 12, 2003, 14:33   #163
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 18:00
Comrades, I beleive there's a neat and simple solution to all our computer problems.

C:/format C
install Linux

Linux: The People's Operating System
Old May 12, 2003, 14:36   #164
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Here's Comrade War of Arts screenshot for everyone to see.

Old May 12, 2003, 14:48   #165
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
I suspect the wrongdoers are the same people that frauded your elections with their gifted computers: the University of Planet!
You might be right in Comrade Maniac, I've always suspected the University of misdeeds against the working class for their leadership consists of such radical rightists as Archaic.
Old May 12, 2003, 18:42   #166
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 11:00
The Hive needs a big square block of land with a grand name, for the people to see the parades of efficient, disciplined comrades. There is the Red Square and Tianmen Square.
Old May 12, 2003, 19:42   #167
Voltaire
King

Great idea Comrade Vev!

The CCC will be taking suggestions for the name of our Great Revolutionary Square.
Old May 13, 2003, 05:59   #168
Jamski
Deity

Triangular Square!

(Or perhaps not...)

How about Unity Square?

-Jam
Old May 13, 2003, 06:13   #169
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Like the new Avatar Voltaire. It seems Corellion has your old one, so I almost replied to you instead of him in PM

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 13, 2003, 11:12   #170
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

So is this the Hive news service or just propaganda?

Of course, wouldn't they be one and the same anyway?

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old May 13, 2003, 12:22   #171
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Vev
The Hive needs a big square block of land with a grand name, for the people to see the parades of efficient, disciplined comrades. There is the Red Square and Tianmen Square.
Wouldn't Katyn Memorial Square be just swell?
Old May 13, 2003, 14:33   #172
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

FlameFlash: As the first post states, PRAVDA means "the truth"

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 13, 2003, 18:25   #173
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 11:00
Can Voltaire authorise me into the Hive private forum?
Old May 13, 2003, 18:31   #174
Voltaire
King

You're now authorized Comrade Vev!
Old May 14, 2003, 03:03   #175
Jamski
Deity

Yippeee - private forums....

...can you authorise me too Comrade Chairman? Please? Its cold out here...

-Jam
Old May 14, 2003, 05:38   #176
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

And me as well!

Old May 14, 2003, 06:30   #177
Jamski
Deity

I'm in This is fun, like a secret society

-Jam
Old May 14, 2003, 13:53   #178
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Me too please Comrade Chairman!

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 14, 2003, 13:55   #179
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
I'm in This is fun, like a secret society

-Jam
I couldn't wait!

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 14, 2003, 14:03   #180
Voltaire
King

Comrade HongHu you need to apply to join before I can approve you. It’s at the top of the page under Human Hive, there should a “apply” next to it.