Old March 5, 2001, 23:29   #1
[LordLMP]

The Chiron Chronicle: 2181
To: Cha Dawn

I never was contacted by Planetmind before. Ever since we return to this continent and retaking the bases which Planetmind defended, mindworm presense as lowered. There is still fungus fields about which Planetmind have worms hiding, but we sure haven't much of them. Wouldn't surprise me, especially if Planetmind knows of whats going on in the middle of the Great Dunes.

As for getting AMA, you have it, provided to you do get your mindworms to this continent. I am sending some Interceptors to warn the Spartan off.

General Braddock
Peacekeeper Continental Forces

Fossil Field Ridge

Couple of Msl Interceptor from UN Haven City patrols the area looking down at the many Supply Foils and Cruisers gathering minerals from Fossil Field. They detect the Cults IoDs stopping just north-east of the ridge and also detects some other IoDs moving towards them.

When one of the Msl Interceptor detects the Spartan Fleet on its Deep Radar moving towards the IoDs, the whole flight moves towards them. They are to do a fly by and send the Spartans a warning.

The flight commander radios them:
"Spartan Fleet, you are moving towards Peacekeeper waters. Enter it and it WILL be considered as an Act of War."

The Msl Interceptor Flight flies over the spartan fleet and turns to do another fly by.

[This message has been edited by [LordLMP] (edited March 05, 2001).]
Old March 5, 2001, 23:44   #2
[LordLMP]

To: Nautilus of the Sea

Things are eating near the Fossil Field area. The "Cult" IoDs have stoped, maybe awaiting for another group of IoDs approching them. And we also detected a good size fleet of spartan foils moving towards the IoDs. Should we move in?

Admiral Proudmoore
Third Fleet

To: Admiral Proudmoore

Move some ships at the Fossil Field to protect those Supply Ships from whatever it may become ugly in the area.

Captain Svensgaard

NAUTILUS SAILOR NEWS

2181 already....

The year sure flew by quickly, especially with all the events going on throughout Planet. Things may become more uglier this year...

Old March 6, 2001, 05:34   #3
Cyber
Warlord

Local Time: 07:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Near Fossil field Ridge

The two Spartan Superiority foils target the incoming Msl interceptors with their AAA tracking, and send a message to them.

"Peacekeeper interceptors, we are here on a mission to destroy the fleet of IoDīs coming into your territory. Do not try to stop us or you also will be destroyed."

The Spartan fleet readies itself for a battle, by tightening its formation to cover itself under the protecting umbrella of the Superiority foils. They then continue towards the IoDīs, completely ready for them. Missiles against the Isles and pressure bombs against the Sealurks.

To: General Braddock

Braddock, keep your damned forces out of this. We want planetminds fleet destroyed, donīt you dare try to stop it.
Look with your long range radars, look closely whats happening in the border near UN Haven City. If you start anything, UN haven city and Data Acquisition will turn to ashes.

Troop orders
To: Junta General Von Halzburg

General, there is a situation brewing up. I want you to go with the Main army and its new attachment near the PK-Spartan border, near UN Haven City.
Be ready to attack them at any moment, and also prepare to be attacked.
Send the Southern and Northern army near UN Data Acquisition, they should also be ready to attack.
The main army will have one Needlejet, one bomber and two interceptors as aerial support and the rest will go for the southern and northern armies.

The bombers and needlejets are to clear the cities out of defenders and to help ground units, and the interceptors are to defend them against any hostile air units.

The ground units doctrine will work like this. Msl rovers first, then war rovers as Heavy cavalry and every group has atleast one AAA rover as designated defender against air units. War artilleries will shoot brief, but effective fire on a target before the rovers attack on it.

As a precaution against any sudden attacks on War Outpost while the armies are away, I will send the Western army there. Nobody is qoing to shoot us from behind.

Good luck

your malevolent leader,
Colonel Santiago

Cyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2001, 07:17   #4
Blake
lifer
PolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of Fame
Beyond the Sword AI Programmer

Local Time: 18:33
Cult fleet, near Fossil field ridge.

Transmission to Cha Dawn:Prophet, things are about to happen. A couple of peacekeeper jets have just flown past, the planetisles are less than half an hour away - they have shown no signs of retreating. I'm going to initiate operation "Bullrush". Lets see how planetmind likes it.

The Cult Isles effeciently moved into a diamond formation, the demonboil isle at the leading tip, the sealurks and unity foil running point. The entire formation started moving towards the planetisles, it quickly gained speed and in less than 10 minutes the isles where travelling at top speed.

The planetisles had no concernable formation, they had slowed marginally, and moved as a group to ensure the cult fleet would not slip past.

The cultist sealurk which had trailed the planetisles continued at top speed, when it was close enough it focused all of it's energy into a searing psi broadcast to the planetisles. "Danger! Cult fleet decoy! Trick! Decoy!" such was the intensity of the sealurks unexpected and confusing message that the planetisles momentarly lost concentration - a moment was all it took - the numerous cult empaths on the approaching isles focused on the planetisles, random images - ships - isles - flameguns - sealurks - xenofungus - nuclear explosion - flooded the planetisles, planetmind tried to keep the planetisles focused but the noise and confusion was too great - the leading Cult Demonboil smashed into a planetisle with such momentum that the planetisle was entirely submerged, and the demonboil momentarly airborne. As planetmind started it's counter attack the frenzied cultists fired at the planetisles with small arms, some felt an irrestable urge to jump overboard - or turn there weapons on there comrades, however the cult isles path remainded true and the empaths shielded the cultists from the brunt of the planetminds fury.

Minutes later the Cult fleet broke free from the planetisles and sped into the open water beyond, by the time the thoroughly confused planetisles were orientated the cult isles had gained too much ground for succesfull pursuit.

Transmission to Cha Dawn:

We have made it past the planetisles and have a clear run to UN Haven City - nothing short of the supreme diety can stop us now. Unfortunately the unity foil took heavy damage and the captain scuttled it - the crew is presumed dead. As far as we can tell no planetisles were killed.
This just came in from the PK intercepters - a sizable spartan fleet is moving towards PK waters from the north.

OOC: One planetisle ~70% damaged, four others between 10%-30% damaged. Others unharmed. All Cult isles took approx 20% damage, contents not damaged. The sealurks remained submerged and took no damage - there task was to spam planetmind. (how evil)
[This message has been edited by Blake (edited March 06, 2001).]
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2001, 09:32   #5
[LordLMP]

Fossil Field Ridge Area

Two AAA Msl Cruisers with three AAA Msl Foils move towards the Fossil from the north-east. They detected the interesting situation with the IoDs. And they also detect the Spartan Fleet moving in tight formation.
There is another group of Pirate ships moving to Fossil Rdige from the south-east.

Admiral Proudmoore, on his flagship in the second group, comms the Spartans. "This is the Nautilus Pirates Navy, your ships ARE moving towards Peacekeeper waters. I suggest you people to back off."

To: General Greenway

Move three more Battle Dragons units to Free Drone territory. Thing are getting ugly and I want units of ours on that continent to help resolve any problems. Foreman Domai as already been advised.

Captain Svensgaard

To: Colonel Santiego

Didn't you know Santiego? Planetmind is part of the Chiron Alliance. Attack those IoDs and you have formerly declared war with the entire alliance. Enter Peacekeeper waters and it will be consider an act of war on the alliance aswell.

General Braddock

To: Commander Cooke, Reserve Units

Move your units up to the Defence Lines north of the Dunes and be prepared to attack if needs be.

General Braddock

The upgrades on the Garrisons and Artilleries have been completed sir.

Head Engineer Shebayev

My part of the deal is ready, we will move in once war as been declared between your people and the spartans.

General Kane

Old March 6, 2001, 10:44   #6
Cyber
Warlord

But what if planetmind attacked us first? What would the Chiron Alliance do then? Planetmind did attack us first, destroying one of our foils, and now you threaten us with the full power of the alliance, when we just want to revenge our dead. I will not let the Chiron Alliance walk over Spartans like this.

I repeat, do not interfere or this will turn into very bloody conflict, and I promise you, you and your forces will burn.

To: Colonel Santiago

Colonel, something very interesting happened mere moments ago, detected by our long range scanners. Seems that another, bigger fleet of IoDīs intercepted our target fleet. After a brief battle the target fleet was capable of somehow confusing the larger fleet and escaping from its clutches.
This is very confusing to us also, those two fleets canīt be both from Planetmind. Earlier we detected a unity foil travelling with the target fleet, but it was badly damaged and evidently scutled in the battle, so we suspect this fleet is not planetminds after all. Possible other suspect are Antimind, Cult or the Gaians.
Weīll send you all the data we have gathered here, you can do the math there in HQ.

Admiral Zukov

Old March 6, 2001, 17:14   #7
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 05:33
Official Statement on the "Exodus of Cyborgs"
-Head Academican Prokhor Zakharov

Dear Cyborg Citizens of the University,

There is no need to desert your beloved country merely because I am in power. During my tenure I wished for all cyborgs to live under the University banner, but some of your people decided that the University was not their places. So, leave if you wish, but do not complain- you chose to leave, we did not make you.

-Zakharov.
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2001, 17:58   #8
Blake
lifer
PolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of Fame

OOC: Oh crap And don't be telling CA any un-truths now, braddocks interceptors got the whole isle conflict on video.

Onboard the Cult Demonboil Isle

"Oh S*it! Look at the radar."

On the radar about a dozen blips are converging on the Cult isle blips.

"How fast are they moving?"
"This is impossible - they are moving atleast twice as fast as any surface ship."
"F*ck!, LOCUSTS! I think we pissed off planetmind!"

Over the klaxon's the intercom boomed:
"All isles! IMMEDIATELY head DIRECTELY to the coast at maximum speed, we are being pursued by LOCUSTS OF CHIRON!, all units prepare to disembark the MOMENT the isles hit land. If you still believe in Miriam's god, we could really do with a miracle!"

In a frenzy of activity the cultists prepared to leave the isles, flame guns were pulled out of storage and quickly checked. The trance units calmed there minds in preperation for the coming battle, some of the empaths pleaded to planetmind for mercy.

The leading swarm of planetlocust was but minutes from the cult fleet when with an almighty splash a sealurk crashed up from under the surface, flailing it's mighty tentacles and swatting the locusts like bugs. A second swarm of locusts raced over to help and started tearing into the sealurk, which dived back under the waves, smashing off the locusts with sheer weight of water, badly injured it rejoined the other two sealurks and they began there submarine journey back to the Cult.

The Commander begged planet for forgivness of the order he was about to issue:
"Arm the flame guns"
In unison the safety's on the flame guns were released.

The cult isles shuddered as they beached themselves, cultists rushed down the landing ramps and started setting up a perimeter of flame guns, mindworms flowed from the isles, happy to be back on land and excited by the prospect of battle. In the distance the locusts could already be seen skimming low over the water.

Transmission to Cha Dawn, Commander Braddock
Planetmind is attacking us with locusts, I've put the army ashore north of UN Haven City. I've ordered the use of flameguns. May planet forgive me.

OOC: Cult forces landed about 3 game tiles above UN Haven City.
Old March 8, 2001, 00:05   #9
[LordLMP]

OOC: three squares north? thats along the border, and just north of the Defence Lines. Way off target as where your mindworms suppose to land :P

Has your people don't seem to have any valid proof as to whom attack your precious foil, and you attack planetmind, then you have declared war upon the Chiron Alliance. I suggest your fleet backs off, especially since the Pirates ships will be arriving soon.

General Braddock

U.N. Enforcement Base

After receiving communications from Cha Dawn, he orders the interceptors to forget the spartans as the Pirates ships are coming to deal with them and to fly by the Locusts of Chiron before returning to Haven City. They are not to attack those Locusts, just to simply distract them. The Pilots of course think Braddock is crazy, but they do what they were ordered to do.

dream to planetmind...well, trying to with no experience

i don't know if you can hear me planetmind... leave those cultists
alone!...

Braddock, do you know what is going on in the Chiron Sea and as to why the Cult are showing up near Haven City, without your units doing anything about it?

Lal

Svensgaard's dream to planetmind

are you sure they attack?.... from the sensor reports i am getting from our third fleet... they simply tackled through your IoDs... yet again, your IoDs provoked them... anyway... some of nautilus ships entering the area... to warn off the spartans... suggest your IoDs does the same... than chasing after Cult... which the peacekeepers can take care of...

OOC: Pirates may be allies with Planetmind, but Svensgaard is not fond of Planetmind...
Old March 8, 2001, 01:01   #10
Christantine The Great
Prince

Local Time: 00:33
OOC: Mk III Ogre (With Fission): 10/4/Can only be moved with help

Dream to Col. Santiago...

How dare you of accusing me of declaring war on you. I have never sank any of your ships and I strongly advise that you stay away from EarthCult ships. I am going to attack anything that is near the EarthCult formation.

Dream to all CA leaders...

"Starts image of PM isles being attacked by Cult isles"

The EarthCult has attacked my fleet. According to the Charter of the CA that is a act of war and all of you are required to fight with me. I've already started.

On the "deck" of all of the Planetmind IoDs small tubes open up. There is a great sighing noise as the IoD takes in a huge breath and then a scream as the air is used to shoot thousands of Locusts into the air. The small insects all turn in unison and swarm towards the Cult fleet.

Manifold Nexus...

The ancient Battle Ogres groan as their weapons turret turns toward a large, cracked tower. The weapons fire a steady stream of fire at the tower, but only at one third of the full capacity. The tower starts to crumble and then rips apart, covering the ground with a layer of a strange type of metal (i.e. Res-8 armor). Underneath the tower lays a smaller tower with some rocket engines. The words "Fungal" appear on the warhead. The worker drones bring the Ogres back into the garage and remove their reactors...

Christantine The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2001, 01:43   #11
Cyber
Warlord

Near fossile Field Ridge

Admiral Zukov Laughed as he watched the radar pictures of the locusts approaching the Isles.
They didnīt need to do anything at all, after all.

" Order the fleet to stop." He commanded his Comm.officers

"Oh, and start sending some live data to HQ. The pencil strategists there are going to have a field trip with this."

The massive Spartan fleet stopped, just outside of Peacekeeper territorial waters, watching and waiting. Ready to catch the Cult fleet if need be.

The situation has changed, Braddock. We witnessed the the two IoD fleets having a brief battle and we will witness as the Cult forces are eaten alive by the locusts. You can thank planetmind for letting us now the truth. We arenīt in war with Planetmind anymore, but with the Cult.

And you, Braddock, what treaties did you do with them? They arenīt coming here for the sake of charity, that I know.
Talk about makind deals with a devil, against another devil.

Dream to Planetmind from Col. Santiago

Is this some of your tricks, Planetmind? Are you saying that fleet is from the Cult? Just a while ago you were bragging to me how you destroyed my foil...
However, I am willing to believe this, in the light of resent evidence, and I declare the War between us void. Maybe you are trustworthy, after all...

To: Prophet Cha Dawn

Prophet, You have just damned yourself. From this day forward, we are in a War.
Now I know it were your forces that destroyed one of our foils, and then you even dared to trick me, by framing Planetmind.
There will be no mercy given to you or your people, and be assured that you will be next after we have wiped out, once and for all, the pestilent Pro-War peacekeepers and their stubborn leader, Braddock.

Old March 8, 2001, 02:38   #12
Blake
lifer

OOC: That spartan fleet gets bigger every day! Now it's massive!
By three squares from UN Haven I mean just outside the city radius. The fleet intended to follow the coast down and unload at UN Haven city, locusts = change of plan, snap descision made to unload immediately, less vunerable. The isles are partially beached at the moment and are part of the defense perimeter.

TO: Colonel Santiago

Santiago, your faction is a plauge upon planet. It is with great pleasure that I make our vendetta official.

TO: General Braddock

General, my troops have arrived at your territory. Regrettably due to planetminds interference they did not make the intended landing site. As soon as the locust threat is neutralised the troops will reboard the isles and continue down to UN Haven City, if something should happen to the Isles they can continue on foot.

Now I request that you keep your side of the deal. Please transmist AMA and HEC as soon as possible, I would like to start preparing mainland defenses against the spartans.
Old March 9, 2001, 15:25   #13
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

To: Commissioner Lal (copies sent to Chiron Alliance leaders)

Commissioner, with all due respect, I feel that you're not dealing with the problem here. The "problem" I'm referring to is - of course - the Spartans. While I can only respect and admire your humanitarian and diplomatic efforts, I fear that they will not help us here. Like you once said it yourself, the Spartan Federation exists for one purpose and for one purpose only, and that purpose is to wage war. Against such an opposition, your policy to "avoid war at all cost" is a lot like trying to stop a fire by sitting down and hoping for it to go away by itself - which it will eventually, but only when there is nothing left to burn.

Likewise, I believe that the Spartans will not stop until there is no one left to kill.

Our only hope is to confront them while they're still not invincible. You see, while the rest of us diddle around and try to figure out what to do with them, the Spartans are plotting, preparing and strengthening their forces. They can afford to wait, it just means they're gonna be even stronger when the time comes. Eventually, they will move against us, and when that happens, we'd better not all have our heads stuck in the sand.

The Cult forces are here as our allies, to help fight off the Spartans. I realize that you may not approve of this, but I can assure you that our alliance with the Cult is on a strict "ad hoc" basis, limited only to this specific campaign. We're not really the best of friends or anything, it's just that we don't really have much choice in the matter.

General Braddock

To: Prophet Cha Dawn

Prophet, your forces have arrived, but I see that you have already started a war with the Spartans before you even got here! That was not part of the deal, but ah well... I guess it was just a matter of time anyway.
You will find that I am a man of my word also. I am transmitting my files on Advanced Military Algorithms and High Energy Chemistry immediately.

General Braddock

[This message has been edited by Guardian (edited March 09, 2001).]
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2001, 16:48   #14
Cyber
Warlord

(OOC: Guardian, welcome!=) )

Heavily encrypted...File included
From: one of the Spartan Probe team in UN Data Acquisition
To: Alexandro Demeneras, Sparta HQ

Sir, here is the information you wanted to know about the Peacekeeper troops. We acquired this information with much trouble, and I suspect we are being traced.
All Intercepting units, frontal units and defensive units are here, but rumours say that there are more units, powerful ones in particular, still in hiding somewhere in PK area.
We are now proceeding with plans.

Movement of Spartan probe teams in PK territory

Two Probe teams, from the hijacked freighter ship Apollon, survived the nuclear explosion in UN Seaquest among the other refugees, and now both are in the Peacekeeper continent, hiding until further orders come.
The other two probe teams in UN Data Acquisition gathered information about the Peacekeeper continental forces, but now as they are ready, are also going underground except for one of their member, who is now readying for a risky infiltration mission, but about that later.

Old March 9, 2001, 17:18   #15
Blake
lifer

OOC: The Cult is now in the process of switching to Power values.

TO: Chiron Alliance Leaders

Friends, it is time to "tell all". Last year a deal was made between the Cult and the Pro-war peacekeepers, the deal involves a large force of cultist mindworms to help re-inforce the CPK defense lines against the spartan threat. The Cult of Planet was in dire need of technological assistance, Braddock agreed to transmit usful defensive technology.

My forces have now arrived at PK territory, unfortunately not without mishap. Planetmind decided that the deal was not in the best interest's of the peacekeepers and attempted to stop my isle transports. I attempted on several occasions to reason with PM, I failed, but not from lack of trying.

Planetmind attempted to block my fleet with it's own IoD's, and left my isles no choice but to go through the planetmind fleet. Thankfully this was achieved with absolutely minimal losses for both sides, a planetmind isle got badly injured in a collision but in time should recover.

Then, not content with my fleet eluding it's grasp planetmind launched Locusts of Chiron in pursuit. If you have not had the displeasure of meeting a locust they are the most dangerous lifeform on Chiron, very fast and capable of inflicting incredible amounts of damage. Flame guns were deployed to defend against the locusts, and Braddock's interceptors attempted to distract them. After flaming several swarms of locusts the others disengaged and are suspected to be lurking in nearby xenofungus.

Braddocks interceptors got most of the conflict on video, if planetmind makes claims of being attacked by the Cult I suggest you review the video footage and draw your own conclusions.

The Cult of Planet is now officially at war with the Spartan Federation. The details are not important, the Spartans destroyed a cult scout worm, then a Spartan foil self destructed, and Santiago blamed the Cult. The Cult welcomes this vendetta, for the Spartans are a blight on planet, and once they are destroyed or neutralised Planet will be a better place.

I apologise for not being able to disclose details earlier, but it was imperative the spartans did not know in advance of the Cult reinforcments, and it cannot be known who the spartans have infiltrated.

Prophet Cha Dawn
Old March 9, 2001, 17:59   #16
[LordLMP]

Hello Cha Dawn, I do have sensors records aswell concerning the whole Isles show off. The Nautilus Pirates and the Cult of Planet don't have much relations, but I am not fond of the Spartans either. Next time, don't be afraid of contacting me directly when you need to cross the Sea of Chiron. I may just allows your IoDs to traverse through Nautilus waters which would be safe from Planetmind and Spartans, and cut the travel time a bit.

Captain Svensgaard

Santiego, I suggest that your fleet return to where they come from, even if they are not in Peacekeeper waters.

Captain Svensgaard

To: Probe Team within Spartan Territory, via Free Drones

You are to acquire some specs on Spartan Fission Reactors. Sure we have the technology, but I need to know how the Spartans are building them.

Branko

To: Captain Svensgaard

Three more Battle Dragon units are being transported to Free Drone territory. They will be place along the Hive/Free Drone borders until further orders.

General Greenway

To: Chiron Alliance Leaders

I agree with General Braddock. In the last year or two, the Spartans have started to increase its military force. They already started building up an air force and are currently expanding their fleets aswell. Its not a matter of IF the coming war with the Spartans will happen, its a matter of when.

This is why I am also pushing the exchange of techs so the Chiron Alliance militaries are up to date.

Captain Svensgaard
Old March 9, 2001, 20:19   #17
Blake
lifer

TO: Captain Svensgaard

I sense you are a friend Svensgard. Prehaps I underestimated you, for I expected your ships would harrass my isles. How ironical that it was not the pirates but rather planetmind which made the crossing miserable, Planetmind which should be helping in the coming war against the Spartans, but instead seems only to be a hinderance.

Old March 9, 2001, 22:43   #18
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

OOC: Who is playing the Cyborgs now? and where did Argonaut go?
I would like to play but a. I have little time and b. I need for them to respond to my messages...

Also, Cyber, I am assuming that you accepted my 'tour of the new bases so here goes'

Day 1, Journal of Illian Johansseen-Kloph

The day started with myself being introduced to several high ranking Spartan Probe Team members, "The Cat" "The Boar" "Dictator" and "Eagle". These Probe Members rode in my rover while the other Spartans rode with the General's entourage.

My team is deemed the 'scouting team' and is headed by myself, whilst the 'general's team' is headed by Alexi Quid-Pro-Quo. My scouting team is to encounter the members of Project Alpha in the hills south of University and Cyborg territory. The generals team is our escort and will defend us in the nature of any hostile sightings.
Old March 9, 2001, 22:46   #19
DarkCloud
staff

OOC: What does antimind have to counter planetmind with? What forces does antimind have?

The University Sun-Governor

Mindworms Attack!

In a fringe battle, several mindworms attacked our forces near the outskirts of our territories and were repelled. However our forces suffered several casualties.

The belief is that Planetmind is jealous of our support for Antimind. Zakharov claims he will contact Planetmind to determine the full nature of the attacks. Hopefully the problem will be quickly resolved.
Old March 10, 2001, 02:28   #20
Cyber
Warlord

OOC: Whats the big interest in Spartan reactors? Theyīre not much different, just a little more sturdy for the battlefields. But three Spartan reactors combined can be damaging, especially for a seabase.
And, Darkcloud, do continue your tour of Project Alpha. My Probe team canīt probably send any messages from there and vice versa, so there is nothing for me to write for now.

Captain, I will keep my fleet here, and if necessary use it against the Cult and the Peacekeepers.

Near Fossil Field Ridge

The admiral was no longer smiling, as he saw how the swarms of Locusts were retreating fast away from the cultist. Dozens of swarms had been burned to ashes by the cultist flame guns.
The admiral couldnīt believe how this could have happened. But when inspecting closer the Cult forces, he could see they also had received damage, and not a light one.

"Comm., open a secure channel to HQ." The Admiral ordered.

The only message he sent was "Now what?".

Old March 10, 2001, 06:15   #21
Blake
lifer

OOC: Cyber! Just how good of eyesight do your units have And if memory serves ship based deep radar can't see units on land units two squares away. All the spartan fleet would see would be the flashes of flame guns and possibly radar blips. Whats the horizon distance on Chiron anyway?

TO: Prophet Cha Dawn

Grave news, the Commander was killed by a locust. We thought the locusts had retreated, and so dismantled the defense perimeter. A locust came from nowhere, it went directley for the commander and it's spikes penetrated his brain. It happened so quickly...

Half of the troops don't want to reboard the isles, for fear of planetmind and the spartan ships. I suggest that half of the force go by land to the PK defense lines, and the other half continue to UN Hhaven City on the isles, the isles are tired and would welcome the reduced load.

TO: Psi Talent Betts

Alethea, you know I trust you. As highest raking officer I now inpower you to make all command descisions. While the native forces must remain your primary concern do make sure the injured humans receive medical attention at UN Haven City. Your proposal seems fine - the willing and the injured go by Isle to UN Haven and the rest continue on foot.

OOC: Cult native forces basically unharmed, scout patrols are always considered "designated defender". The humans die so the worms may live.
Old March 10, 2001, 11:04   #22
[LordLMP]

OOC: In this game, the each square is more realisticly larger then what the game suggests. So just wondering how the Spartans are building their reactors, like bombs?

If nescessary, my fleet will be used against yours.

Captain Svensgaard

My ships would have if we had any evidence that your people would be attacking the Peacekeepers, but since your not and only the Spartans. They are not, but still keep watching.

Captain Svensgaard

To: Admiral Proudmoore, Third Fleet

Your entire fleet are to be battle ready, I don't trust those spartans. I am also sending you reinforcements of newly built ships and some captured Isle of the Deeps from the other fleets. Your fleet needs it, with the increase of tensions there.

Captain Svensgaard

Sir, I propose that we build some more Interceptors, and maybe some Bombers. With the Morganites and Spartans building up their air forces, our ships will be increasingly vulnerable from air strikes, despite their AAA abilities.

Major Cruiser
Nautilus Air Forces

Old March 10, 2001, 12:51   #23
Cyber
Warlord

To: Head Academician Zakharov

Academician, it is time. The situation is heating up here quickly and I worry that the peacekeepers with their new help, believe it or not, the Cult and the alliance backing them, are qetting too powerful of us to handle alone.

It is time for you, my friend, to start heating up the situation there in Chiron Continent while we start attacking the peacekeepers. The plan is to make two fronts for the alliance to fight in. Try convincing the Morganites to join in also.
I am hereby proposing a secret pact of Brotherhood, and the Morgans too would be welcome in it.
Together we shall crush all opposition!
Old March 10, 2001, 14:45   #24
Cyber
Warlord

(OOC: LordLMP, I hope the pirate reinforsements wonīt come here too quickly )

To: General Von Halzburg and Admiral Zukov

Ready your troops to attack, any time now...

To:Captain Svensgaard

Captain, I understand your obligation towards your allies, but do not get involved into this. This is between us and the Pro-War peacekeepers.
We Spartans are more than a match for anybody on the battlefield, so only grief will come to you out of this. After all, the Pro-Wars came back to the continent on their own will, and they knew the risks. It is not your duty to shelter them from these risks.
Also, are the Pro-Wars really Peacekeepers anymore? Are they the same allies you knew? They have a army twice the size of the Spartan army and they are torturing their people to support and grow this army. And all of this for what?
The land? That piece of sh*t? No, they want revenge, so badly that they are willing sacrifise everything they believe in. They are willing to throw their lives on the battlefield against us, even when they have the perfect home back on their PK Island and the surrounding area. And now they even dare to call the Cult here, a faction that values the natives instead of human life.
Tell me, are these really the same peacekeepers that you first met? Ask yourself, do you want to be a part of this revenge?

[This message has been edited by Cyber (edited March 10, 2001).]
Old March 10, 2001, 15:18   #25
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Spartan / PK border...

All along the border was an eerie silence. Out in the open, there was not a soul in sight. It was almost as if the entire region had been completely and utterly deserted. But in their bunkers and in carefully camouflaged positions, behind their fortifications and sensor arrays, Peacekeeping Forces were watching and waiting...

Any time now...

They were as ready as they could be.
Old March 10, 2001, 15:44   #26
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

To: Colonel Santiago

Good luck, "Colonel". -Or should I say "Leutenant"? (*smirk*)

This time you're going to need it, or I'll see you in Hell, personally!

Oh, and tell your "special" units that I said hello... They'd better hope to high heaven that's the last they ever hear from me, which it very well might be, but then again, perhaps not...

Braddock

Old March 10, 2001, 21:11   #27
[LordLMP]

OOC: Well, will take a month or two for the whole reinforcements to arrive, since they are mainly coming from both the Pholus and Unity Seas.
Guardian, did you get my email?? Oh and all factions is pretty lucky that the Pirates are not the bad guy type, or else the Seas would really be dangerous. Another thing, is the pirates the only one with Cruisers? I know the spartans don't have Doctric: Iniciative yet, or the PKs. Maybe Data Angels is the only other, since Nautilus help the angels in having a good navy while the Angels help the pirates have a good Probe Teams.

Revenge or not, it is pretty much the spartans fault that the Pro-War exist. It doesn't concern the Nautilus Pirates, but your presence in Chiron Sea does. Once again Colonel, order fleet back to where it came from.

Captain Svensgaard

Note: About 1/3 of the Third Fleet is at Fossil Field Ridge, and there is some U.N. Navy foils aswell. With the Maritime Control Center, Pirates knowledge of the seas and their Cruisers, Pirates Naval units have pretty good moral and faster and more maneuverable. The Spartans ships wouldn't give more of a challenge compare to the Hive Fleet back in the Hive War.
Old March 10, 2001, 23:21   #28
Argonaut
Prince

OOC: Don't have Cruisers yet, or Airpower but am more than willing to trade for them. I do think I have some tech points with the new year, but I haven't had time to sort that just yet.

To: All Chiron Alliance Leaders

I must agree with both Captain Svensgaard and General Braddock. The Spartans pose a threat not only to the Peacekeeper holdings on the continent, but to everyone else on Planet. I know they have dealings with Zakharov, although I as yet have been unable to determine to what extent. However, an unusually large sum of money was recently deposited in their account, and I'm quite sure the trail originates from Spartan Territory.

My coders have also completed their analysis of the mysterious message sent from UN Seaquest just before it's destruction which implicated the Hive. We have determined that it is definetively a Spartan code sent to fram Chairman Yang's forces. My people have been more than thorough, and there is no doubt in anyone's mind here that the Spartan's are responsible for that attrocity.

As a result I am dispatching three of my most advanced Impact Rover groups to Peacekeeper Continental Holdings and large portion of my Eastern Fleet. They will be under orders to defend the Peacekeeprs holdings and respond to agression on behalf of the Spartan Federation. I wish I could send more, but I trust Zakharov and Morgan less than I could throw them, especially with Zakharov's dealings with Santiago.

I will also speak to Planetmind, and attempt to cool his feelings towards the Cult. While I don't agree with Cultist beliefs and policies, I do appreciate the need for every ally we have.

Roze

Dream to Planetmind...
Please, Planetmind, reconsider your call for attack on Cha Dawn's forces, at least for the time being....it was a misunderstanding, they we're trying to help the Peacekeepers....the Spartans are proving to be our most dangerous foe...I know you disagree with them, as do I....I also understand that one of your Isle's was hurt in the conflict....but we may need all the help we can get to keep back the Spartans....Please reconsider, that is all I ask....I will support you, but I do hope it won't be necessary....

Roze
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2001, 11:44   #29
[LordLMP]

OOC: And you don't have Synthetic Fossil Fuel either :P Pirates have Iniciative, Air Power and Synthetic Fuel, aswell as AMA for trade. Cyborgs have their Silksteel and maybe some other tech. Gaians may have some LVL5 or more Centauri Tech to trade. Peacekeepers have Air Power, AMA, and Synthetic Fossil fuel and maybe something else. Does Angels have Automation? Any techs near or have Neural Grafting? Mind/Machine Interface?

To: Chiron Alliance Leaders

Nautilus Intelligence is still taking that message apart themselves, but I am sure they will get the same results. All evidence points to Spartans anyhow. I have a Probe Team in Spartan Territory aswell and have acquired various specs on Spartan Fission Reactors. Their reactors is nowhere as safe as ours it seems. A few modifications and you got yourself Fission Bomb.

So its either we wait until the Spartans attack or we attack first. My faction is also prepared to take on the Morganites and University. They are not warlike factions, so they are not as big of a threat as the Spartans.

Captain Svensgaard

To: Branko

Activate your Probe Teams in Morgan and University territories. They are to do a general recon of what they are up to. And try to locate any Spartan Probe Teams.

Captain Svensgaard

Old March 11, 2001, 14:33   #30
Christantine The Great
Prince

Local Time: 00:33
OOC: Sorry I was gone for a while, my phone line has been out because of bad weather. And Braddock cannot send me psi messages since I have never contacted him.

Dream to Datajack Roze...

I guess you are right. I shall pledge what you call a "blood truce" to that little brat for the time being. But it cannot last forever...

Dream to all Chiron Aliance leaders...

I have recently receaved a message from one of you that helped me to decide to pledge blood truce to the EarthCult. I will, for now, not engage hostle activities with the EarthCult in the best interest of the Planetpeacekeepers. My Planetlocusts shall arrive in the Planetpeacekeeper's bases in a day or so. Then they will help with the defence. I will also be helping in another way...

Dream to Prophet Dawn...

I shall pledge blood truce for the time being. Don't you ever think that I didn't hear the little psi contact between your diplomat and AntiMind's at the Planetpcb.

Manifold Nexus...

The drones had finished retrofitting the two fission reactor onto the fungal missle (this gives it the power of a fusion missle) and had started to fuel up the fuel tanks with synthfuel. They were interrupted by a psionic message from Planetmind, telling them that the missle was not needed anymore. The drones started to take the fuel lines off but were again interrupted by a small Unity rover speeding to their position. They pulled out their lasers (i.e. ResBolt) but their ancient bodies were cut down with the primitive shredder darts from the rover. The rover stopped near the missle and some mindworms inside rolled out a tank. A human servant stood over the container and gave a psi message to the spores inside. The message, though simple, was "Serve the AntiMind." That message would create a mind block that would force the spores to always attack anything other then AntiMind. The tank was attached to the missle and the contents drained. The AntiMind troops then climbed back into their rover, only to be cut down by some of Planetmind's drones. But not before the missle started its pre-launch sequence. The targeting system, using Planet's intricate monolith guidance system, targeted a small area just south of War Outpost and launched. The spores quickly converted any old Planetmind-loyal spores inside the tank.

OOC: When the missle explodes a 3 square fungal patch should appear 3-4 squares south of War Outpost with 2 Spore launcher; mindworms; and locusts, plus a tower, all at Great Boil moral level.

Christantine The Great is offline   Reply With Quote