Old March 27, 2001, 02:52   #1
Paul Vella
Settler

Local Time: 05:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Should they make AC 3?
Wouldn't it be amazing if there were more factions to chose from instead of seven, it's getting boring to chose the same ones over and over again.
My idea, is to merge all the factions together and include some new ones to make a total of 20 factions in a new version dubbed; 'Alhpa Creation (AC-3)'
Basically you'd have:
-The Hive
-The University
-The Gaians
-The Spartans
-The Believers
-The Peacekeepers
-The Greedy Economists
-The Sealovers
-The Cult of Planet
-The Cyborgs
-The Drones
-The Datajacks
-The Caring Aliens
-The Wannabe-Gods Aliens
-The Republicans (New group of people who want to form any independent country instead of faction)
-The Imortalists (New group of peopple who aim to find the technology to live forever, no care towards science or environment)
-The New Army (New group of people who are dedicated to war)
-The Eagles (New group of people who, while are still land based, have superior air power (may even be able to building floating cities!))
-The Geneticists (New group of people who have brought with them animal DNA and want to splice it with Planet's lifeforms DNA to create new and unbelieveable creatures)
-The Psychologists (New group of people who use the power of the mind and their superior knowledge of it)

You might ask where these new groups come from, well maybe they come from Earth. After communication was lost, Mankind sent a second starship which didn't crash but was hit by an asteroid or collided with one of the Alien's starships. No one knows for sure what hit the U.N.S (United Nations Starship) Mankind's Ark.
In AC-3 there could be the ability to build bridges over water, much like in the opening credits of Alien Crossfire!
In any case, you'd have twenty factions together, (the Alien Crossfire groups didn't spring up from the old ones. They were the minor factions in AC, listen to the opening credits when they say: Seven MAJOR factions, there were minor ones!)on Planet, then the alien's come back and yeah.

New techs!
-Emotional Warfare (Emotions are chemicals and can be used against the enemy!)
-Cyronics (Freeze your enemies!)
-New Secret Projects: The Golden Fleece (gives you the ability to contact Earth???)
Paul Vella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2001, 19:47   #2
Christantine The Great
Prince

Local Time: 00:33
I don't mean to insult you but the Earth was destroyed as the Unity left. No more ships and no more communication. And there were bridges across water in the AX opening movie?

Sounds like a good idea. Good luck!
Christantine The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28, 2001, 04:43   #3
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 07:33
Well, we don't really know what happened to Earth, do we?
I mean... technically, all we know is that all contact was lost...
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2001, 01:45   #4
Blake
lifer
PolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of Fame
Beyond the Sword AI Programmer

Local Time: 18:33
I like the idea of a private spaceship following the unity, put together by some of the wealthiest people on earth.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2001, 03:33   #5
Paul Vella
Settler

No harm taken, it was just an idea I thought of. However, I saw no where in any credits (aside from the fact that the Earth turned into a wasteland) that Earth was destroyed. Only the environment and soical standards where, not all of mankind. If you remember, the Unity was suppose to reply back to Earth, the Unity was a testing ground to see if Mankind could surive on another planet. If all went well, the factions where suppose to send a reply back to Earth telling them that they could send more ships!
Anyway, it sounds like a good idea! Thanks for the reply!
Paul Vella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2001, 14:45   #6
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Good idea but there was never an AC 2
this also belongs in the AC-general section
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2001, 17:14   #7
Christantine The Great
Prince

Local Time: 00:33
Guardian and Paul, if you read Centauri Dawn you would have found out that the people going from Earth to the Unity could see cities being nuked. There were huge rings of fire on the planet. And the Unity wasn't sent out to call the "All clear!" signal. The Unity was sent to simply colonize. Anyway it would take the Unity a full 44 years to send off a signal like that. 40 years traveling time and then the 4 light years that it would take for a signal to get back to Earth. If the signal could even go that far without being messed up.
Christantine The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2001, 18:53   #8
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 01:33
I seem to recall it being stated in Centauri Dawn that cities were estroyed as the Unity left orbit.

Seeing as how the refered to the "chaos of the launch" I can only assume Earth wasn't quite THAT united in building the bbeeyyaattchhh and sending it.

------------------
"People should know when they're conquered."

"Would you Quintis? Would I?"

"Soylant Green is people. PPPeeeoooppllleee!"
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2001, 07:57   #9
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 07:33
All right, I haven't read Centauri Dawn, so I'm obviously unable to discuss what the book did or did not say...

...and yes, the Unity was sent out to colonize, but it WAS supposed to send reports back to Earth as well! Okay, so this never happened, but that was because something went terribly wrong, not because it was never meant to happen. (There IS a difference, you know... )

Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote